213 Pages V « < 175 176 177 178 179 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
ghastley
post Jul 24 2019, 08:24 PM
Post #3521

Councilor
Group Icon

I think you have the right method for the purple. Laurie was trying to get gold, for which there are no drops. Now that's done, we'll be getting back to dolmens. Everyone who was chasing Dawnbreaker has it now, so FG won't be a motive, but if we see a dolmen open, it's hard to resist. With Blossom living at Mournoth Keep, she's right next tp one.

Laurie has all the pieces she needs for Jewelry research, just needs the time, and she'll complete those. Her motif collection has become a bit stagnant, so we may start doing full daily crafting rounds, to get the Master Writs that will encourage her to get some more.

Next on our agenda is Filling Blossom's Nirnoned line. She's already got three clothier, and three blacksmith researches in progress, so we need to gather some more Potent Nirncrux, so we can start on some staves. I think we have a couple of Woodworking research scrolls from the daily log-in rewards that will help her. Of course, Bo has to be parked near a stable, as she's the last to complete mount training, otherwise she'd go foraging for Nirncrux around her home at Domus Phrasticus.

And a lot of the houses could use more furnishings. We haven't looked at the material stocks, but it's probably time to deplete them again.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 24 2019, 11:09 PM
Post #3522

Master
Group Icon

I’ve been working on questing my toons through the game content so they all have the same zones and wayshrines etc etc. Do Raheita finished his Caldwell’s Gold on Sunday, so I sent him off to the castaway resort for some R&R. Stefan has been ready to leave Vvardenfell for some time, so I took him to CWC to complete the quest line there. He just finished it today. Right now he’s going to take a little break while I sleep off the after effects of my bronchoscopy, then move on to Summerset. I hope to take him all the way to LVL 50 between Summerset and Artaeum questing, at which point he will finally start his MQ and eventually his Caldwell’s.

I hope to have him done by the end of the year (ambitious, I know, especially with a full time schedule), so that I can finally start my Argonian healer . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 2 2019, 02:24 PM
Post #3523

Councilor
Group Icon

Bo only had a blue necklace and one blue and one purple ring in her Spriggan's, so Blossom always checks if the nearby dolmen is open, when she leaves her home at Mournoth. Today she did that, and the chest coughed up a blue ring in the wrong set. Howver, on the way back to the way shrine, she stumbled on an Advanced chest that gave her a purple Spriggan's ring! So Bo got to swap her ring, and decon the old one, plus the unwanted one from the dolmen. That took her past level 22, and she could upgrade her Jewel Extraction. The dominoes are starting to fall.

Next on Laurie's list is collecting enough Zircon to upgrade Taminwe's Briarheart jewels. She's done one, two to go. And researching the other traits, of course. She has all the pieces, so it's just a matter of time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 2 2019, 05:05 PM
Post #3524

Paladin
Group Icon

Grats to Bo on the purple ring! Buffy's farmed that dolmen in northern Bangkorai loads of times to get purple Sprigg jewelry. Happily, she's all set with it. Spriggans is a very solid, fairly easy to get set and a good staple for stam builds.

Buffy goes out with dual bows on three different classes (sorc, ward, NB). All three use Hundings's Rage as a base. Two then compliment it with Spriggans. The NB compliments with Dreugh King Slayer instead though (from Fungal Grotto 1). She finds passive major brutality from that set better than the NB buff options for it.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 2 2019, 05:42 PM
Post #3525

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 2 2019, 12:05 PM) *

Buffy goes out with dual bows on three different classes (sorc, ward, NB). All three use Hundings's Rage as a base. Two then compliment it with Spriggans. The NB compliments with Dreugh King Slayer instead though (from Fungal Grotto 1). She finds passive major brutality from that set better than the NB buff options for it.

Would the Dreugh King Slayer be weapon/jewelry? I'd seen it was all Heavy and ignored it, especially prior to having JC available for improving anything.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 2 2019, 07:17 PM
Post #3526

Paladin
Group Icon

That is indeed the challenge with sets like Dreugh King Slayer and Rattlecage - they are heavy but the bonuses are for stam and mag respectively. In both cases (Magplar's in Rattlecage), the answer (to maintain our desired 5/1/1 for undaunted) was to farm for two weapons, two jewelry pieces and one cuirass of the desired (but heavy armor) set. Harder farming but the end result works fine. Notably easier with Dreugh King Slayer (Fungal Grotto 1) than Rattlecage (Vaults of Madness).

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 4 2019, 01:37 PM
Post #3527

Councilor
Group Icon

I think I'll give up trying to collect a Dwemer Theodolite. I ran four of my characters through Nchuleftingth and each got the "Conqueror" achievement and the skill point, but our total haul was three parts, two of them the same.

Still, useful skill points. I wish I could say the same for all the lock-picks.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 6 2019, 02:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 4 2019, 04:50 PM
Post #3528

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 4 2019, 08:37 AM) *

I think I'll give up trying to collect a Dwemer Theodolite. I ran four of my characters through Nchuleftingth and each got the "Conqueror" achievement and the skill point, but out total haul was three parts, two of them the same.

Still, useful skill points. I wish I could say the same for all the lock-picks.

About the only way to get that Theodolite is to group with a bunch of friends (like on one of our Guild Meets) = grind farm that section on the hill before going through that door. There are several mobs there and mini-bosses that drop a lot, and they respawn in seconds. Then when you get a piece you don't need; you trade it with someone who has a piece you need.

And don't forget to look in our Guild Bank, there might be some pieces in there too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 6 2019, 03:17 PM
Post #3529

Councilor
Group Icon

The rest of the crew may well go do Nchuleftingth at some point, as I've reached the stage in my skill where I can handle solo Public Dungeons reliably, with any build. The tanks take forever, but they get it done eventually. So now we're completing Skyshard collections for zones, and getting the explorer and quest achievements on the way. A few are filling in the gaps of Silver or Gold, that weren't really being worked on, but just happened. Blossom is actively trying to become Hero of the Covenant, (Unna did Pact already) and we may have Taminwe get the Dominion one.

Nobody's soling World Bosses yet. The tanks can't finish them off, and the DPS characters don't dodge very well. My healers seem to combine the negatives of both. But with any other player's help, they usually manage. Laurie has had several instances of fighting a WB to a stalemate, and then someone comes past and finishes it. Similarly, two is the minimum we need for normal dungeons, so we could pug the pledges if that appealed to us, but can't just go do them solo. We're reaching the limits of our solo play, but wondering if a few set changes (especially getting some monster helms from The Golden) would step us up a notch.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 6 2019, 06:41 PM
Post #3530

Master
Group Icon

I've soloed some World Bosses with three of my toons so far (Julian, Maz and Phae). DoRah comes close, but not close enough.

I've got Stefan up to lvl 45 and we still have half of Summerset to get through. It's moving along well, especially with the free crown experience scrolls we've accumulated. I've got him parked outside karnwasten with the two quests in that dungeon, I hope to find a partner to take that on with us. While I discovered that he can hold his own (we were surprised by a goblin trash mob in Craglorn Sunday and -barely- survived that encounter), I'm not sure he's up to soloing a public dungeon yet. But we would like to knock that one off the map thankyouverymuch. I hope to have time to take it on tomorrow (Wednesday) morning before work, but we'll see.

His tanking is coming along nicely - nowhere near the level of Bear's tanks, but surviving decently well. He is having an easier time with some of the quest bosses than Julian (at CP160) did. Of course, the difference is that Julian was doing Summerset on her old, rather disorganized build, while Stefan (and Do Rah, of course) were doing it on Alcast's builds for their classes. Do Rah is a mag blade, and Stefan is stamplar. I should bring Julian back through some of this content with her new stamblade build, and see if she's stronger.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 9 2019, 07:39 PM
Post #3531

Mouth
Group Icon

Cincinnatus soloed his first public dungeon yesterday. Long story, but I was in Root Sunder yesterday and didn't realize it would be that tough. Luckily didn't die at any point, but I was ganged up on regularly by 5 or 6 enemies throughout. Fortunately had a crown fortifying meal as a login reward earlier in the week. Otherwise, I doubt I would've made it through.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 9 2019, 08:49 PM
Post #3532

Paladin
Group Icon

Grats, Rader - they surely can gang up on you in public dungeons and the ability to solo those represents a solid step up as far as what your characters can do. goodjob.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 9 2019, 10:33 PM
Post #3533

Ancient
Group Icon

I'm always amazed to hear of players soloing the WB's since One Tamriel! (Prior to One Tamriel, Misa could. Not since though!) I am in awe of any of you that are able to solo WB's and group dungeons!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 10 2019, 05:48 AM
Post #3534

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 9 2019, 03:49 PM) *

Grats, Rader - they surely can gang up on you in public dungeons and the ability to solo those represents a solid step up as far as what your characters can do. goodjob.gif

Thanks. Yeah, definitely one of the bigger individual accomplishments of mine in ESO. Was able to do a couple more tough delves on my own over the past couple days.

Not entirely sure how the difficulty of dungeon types works. Obviously, group dungeons are difficult on your own because they are meant to be done by a group. But beyond that, I don't know how it is supposed to be with public dungeons and delves. Delves, at least, seem to vary in difficulty from what I have experienced, if my memory serves me correctly.

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 9 2019, 05:33 PM) *

I'm always amazed to hear of players soloing the WB's since One Tamriel! (Prior to One Tamriel, Misa could. Not since though!) I am in awe of any of you that are able to solo WB's and group dungeons!!!!!

Ha, there is absolutely no way I can take on a World Boss by myself yet. Barely escaped death multiple times over the past few days in these public dungeons, delves, etc. Definitely impressive when someone can solo World Bosses and group dungeons.

I'm also amazed at how quickly some people can deal damage to all sorts of different enemies. Also makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong since I can't deal that much damage in such a short span of time. I suppose that will change when I hit champion levels? I'm at level 46 now. Although I think I've seen levels below champion do the same thing, but I may be mistaken.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 10 2019, 01:26 PM
Post #3535

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 10 2019, 12:48 AM) *

I suppose that will change when I hit champion levels? I'm at level 46 now. Although I think I've seen levels below champion do the same thing, but I may be mistaken.

When you hit level 50, you start to earn Champion Points, and those are account-wide. So those characters below 50 may be getting the benefit of CP earned on another character, by the same account. The same ones are also likely to have higher-powered equipment made by another character.

The point where things change most isn't level 50, but CP160, where the equipment level caps, but also steps up a lot. It also takes 10 times as much material to make it! When you're able to use CP160 equipment, you'll still be improving via the CP bonuses, but the rate of rise slows down, until at CP810 you can't get any stronger, but practice will still make you play better.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 10 2019, 03:24 PM
Post #3536

Ancient
Group Icon

There actually is a difference at level 50 = that is the level the game stops buffing a new character. So your character may suddenly take a little step back in what they are able to do; but that is just a temporary setback because you will start getting those CP Points to spend and can buff up your own character with them in the same way the game did.

After level 50; the XP you get for completing quests or killing enemies converts to gains in CP Points so you can buff up your character quicker the more you do at this time; and there are a certain number of hours every day that your character gains CP Points at an accelerated rate. (you will hear the sound and see it written across your screen when you log in if it is during that time; so if you see that notice = get that character out and turn in quests or go on a quick hunt for enemies until the period ends. (to build them to CP 160 as soon as possible).

After you reach CP 160; you can continue to get CP Points and spend them to round out your character better.

When you see a young (below 50) character kicking butt that way like you described, they most likely have the benefit of an elder character's CP Point bonuses on top of the in-game buffing. That makes them a very powerful young character. (so once you build this first character's CP Points up; all your next characters will have all the game's buffing plus all your 1st character's buffing through the CP Points too = they will be kicking butts right out of the starting gate).

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 12 2019, 11:50 AM
Post #3537

Mouth
Group Icon

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info, peeps.

Yeah...so I'm definitely going to need those CPs because I just got my ass kicked last night. I became Undaunted the other day and got my first pledge. I knew it would be tougher because it is a higher-level group and the dungeon icon indicated some difficulty...but then I thought, "Well, if they are going to give it at level 45, maybe it isn't THAT difficult or I can at least take it on with a health buff like I did those few public dungeons and delves."

AND BOY, WAS I WRONG. Went into the dungeon last night and barely made it through 2 mobs of 6-7+ skeletal enemy variants before I just got shredded every way from Sundas as a level 48 character. Died twice and realized that it was not even remotely going to work out. I suppose it is supposed to be done by a group unless your character is absolutely jacked, so that was probably dumb of me to try anyway.

On the bright side, I got a Crown Experience Scroll as a log-in reward that gave doubled my XP and I got to complete some quests nearby and kill some stuff. So there's that.

So, would anybody like to give me a hand sometime with the Undaunted pledge? Not sure when would be the best time and day, but ya boy here needs some help because I'm a scrub.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Aug 12 2019, 11:53 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 12 2019, 05:35 PM
Post #3538

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 12 2019, 06:50 AM) *

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info, peeps.

Yeah...so I'm definitely going to need those CPs because I just got my ass kicked last night. I became Undaunted the other day and got my first pledge. I knew it would be tougher because it is a higher-level group and the dungeon icon indicated some difficulty...but then I thought, "Well, if they are going to give it at level 45, maybe it isn't THAT difficult or I can at least take it on with a health buff like I did those few public dungeons and delves."

AND BOY, WAS I WRONG. Went into the dungeon last night and barely made it through 2 mobs of 6-7+ skeletal enemy variants before I just got shredded every way from Sundas as a level 48 character. Died twice and realized that it was not even remotely going to work out. I suppose it is supposed to be done by a group unless your character is absolutely jacked, so that was probably dumb of me to try anyway.

On the bright side, I got a Crown Experience Scroll as a log-in reward that gave doubled my XP and I got to complete some quests nearby and kill some stuff. So there's that.

So, would anybody like to give me a hand sometime with the Undaunted pledge? Not sure when would be the best time and day, but ya boy here needs some help because I'm a scrub.

Yes, it does take a group. I'm at CP810 and still can't do it solo. mALX and I failed one together, and needed to call for help recently, although that may have been because I was deliberately running a glass tank, and relying on having a healer (which we didn't at that point). It would probably be a good idea to participate in a full 4-player group, with all the standard roles, so you see how it's meant to happen. That will take a bit of organising.

Acadian and I have done one with a healer/tank duo, but his healer has some dps capability, or that would not have worked either. At level 45, you probably have a mix of skills, and could use both a healer and a tank to run with, even if you duplicate some of their skills.

Do you have the "MyBuild" add-on? That makes it easy to post a screen-shot of your equipment and stats, so everyone can see what support you need.

Edited to add that Public dungeons typically have five or six bosses at the one-pip level (seen at the ends of their health bar). Those have 100k to 250k hit points, and generally fight solo. World Bosses are at the two-pip level, and have 1-6M hit points. They may have adds they can summon to make it harder. In the pledge dungeons, the mini-bosses are two-pip, and the main bosses three-pip level of difficulty, and summoned adds and other mechanics come into play, making the hit points a lesser part of the equation.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 12 2019, 06:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 12 2019, 07:38 PM
Post #3539

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh yeah, you are not going to be able to solo the Pledge dungeons before you have your CP Points built up. I still can't solo them; but Acadian and a few other people I know can; but I've never been able to.

But Ghastley is right = you can and def should start going through them with a group first if you ever plan to do them solo; get to know the dungeons (and especially learn the boss mechanics) as your character develops; so maybe when your character is fully built up you might be able to begin soloing them.

I am still in total awe of Acadian and Buffy doing them solo!!! I think Acadian uses a very high Crit percentage and high penetration. If you are in a group; you don't want your penetration over 38%; but in solo play you would probably want that even higher.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 13 2019, 05:38 PM
Post #3540

Councilor
Group Icon

It's worth pointing out that some dungeons just can't be done solo, because of their mechanics. There are several where one player in the group is targeted by an attack that can't be resisted, and the other players have to prevent the victim from being killed. If you're the only choice for the attack, and have no support, you can't win.

Only a few of the pledge dungeons can be solo'ed, but two good players have a decent chance of doing any of them on normal difficulty, as long as they have appropriate builds. If you don't take a tank and a healer, you need to do their functions. And if you only have a tank and a healer, it could be slow going. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 175 176 177 178 179 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:42 PM