Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim Roleplay Ideas
Lady Saga
post Mar 9 2012, 11:52 PM
Post #61

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Mar 9 2012, 03:54 PM) *

Girl is 13 grumblemuttersnassnfrassnstroppycow *Cough*...And Boy is 11...

We've had Oblivion since...September or October 2010...So however old they were then is when we let them play...There's nothing in the games that the kids can't handle...*Shrug*...The cartoons on The Cartoon Network and stuff are worse than Oblivion...And now we've got Skyrim too...

They're pretty good gamers RPG-wise...Bless them... biggrin.gif ...

Have to remind the boy to not spend all his gold on useless enchanting or weapons, but he's good in a fight... biggrin.gif ...

He was the first to do Orc or Khajiit in th'house... biggrin.gif ...

Wow, 13 and 11. Very cool. And I bet they've still got plenty of that kid's imagination to fuel their RPing. smile.gif

I'm thinking mine will be introduced to TES when she's 10. She'll either love it or hate it (I think she'll love it, personally) but right now she's too sensitive. SEriously, she and I tried to watch Wizard of Oz maybe a year ago and she got totally freaked by it. She doesnt' like horror movies of any kinds. Hates werewolves and stuff like that. It's just not the right game for her, not now.

She's got her Sims, her Dance Revolution, her Wii games. that's plenty for her now.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Mar 10 2012, 05:07 AM
Post #62

Knower
Group Icon

Character idea: the Ysmir.

In a nutshell: Bruce Lee is a Dovahkiin, has high-end magic (including levitation).

Obviously would require mods/DLC, but the idea is your basic Kung Fu Wizard, updated for the Elder Scrolls.

The Greybeards-Blades rivalry even becomes a nice point of contention, much like rival schools of philosophy and martial arts trying to impress a single individual with their view.

The character archetype would not use armor, favoring wards and flesh-hardening spells for defense while wearing appropriate garments to maximize mobility. Favors a combination of hand-to-hand combat with cast-on-touch offensive spell-work, literally punching an enemy in the solar plexus with an electro-conductive fist of doom.

Uses Thu'um to control the battle-space and negate distance advantages of casters and archers. Fire Breath to damage/distract that guy waaaaaayyy over there, and Whirlwind Sprint to close distances quickly, plus Ice Form to shut down crowds with ease.

Against the Dovah, different tactics. Resilience spells plus levitation, using Thu'um offensively in aerial dragon-fighting (since in Tamriel, dog-fights occur on the ground). After forcing a landing of the enemy, a return to the above-mentioned tactics, with more emphasis on controlling the flow of battle and absorbing/avoiding/resisting enemy Shouts while using elemental breath attacks to take down the dragon.

May eventually pick up a war staff. Not some super-ornate, gem-affixed monstrosity good for looking impressive and not much else, but a bona-fide quarterstaff designed for combat. Solid oak, 5'6" to 7' tall (depends on character race height), with metal shod caps, wrapping, and reinforcing rings. Good for deflecting enemy swords, axes, maces, and hammers. Exceeds the reach of daggers and knives. Can be combined with time slowing and spun to knock arrows out of the sky. Perfect for breaking leg bones, denting armor, and bashing in the face of a dragon. Handy for conducting a mother-fetching cacat-ton of lightning from your fingertips into the Thalmoor Justicar that just won't die, or channeling the lightning from a Called Storm to replenish your own magic reserves.

This post has been edited by Captain Hammer: Mar 10 2012, 06:16 AM

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 10 2012, 04:01 PM
Post #63

Mouth
Group Icon

Cool, thanks for sharing, Hammer. I agree, the time-slowing perk (whatever it's called) would definitely spice up a Bruce Lee sort of character, amongst lots of other things you mentioned.

Now all's we need is a Chuck Norris character! blink.gif
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Mar 10 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #64

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 10 2012, 10:01 AM) *

Cool, thanks for sharing, Hammer. I agree, the time-slowing perk (whatever it's called) would definitely spice up a Bruce Lee sort of character, amongst lots of other things you mentioned.

Now all's we need is a Chuck Norris character! blink.gif

Slow Time: not a perk. A Shout!

Also, a Chuck Norris character archetype wouldn't be as effective. He's not a true Dovah, unlike Bruce, who was Dovah.

After all, it is Bruce Lee that is called The Dragon. And Chuck got himself killed off by Bruce in the Colosseum. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 10 2012, 11:26 PM
Post #65

Mouth
Group Icon

Ah I see. Why is Chuck Norris always mentioned then, in connection with TES? It's almost like a inside joke or something.

There is a time-slowing perk, too..I think it's one of the block perks I think. But a shout would certainly be effective, too.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 11 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #66

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 10 2012, 05:26 PM) *

Ah I see. Why is Chuck Norris always mentioned then, in connection with TES? It's almost like a inside joke or something.

There is a time-slowing perk, too..I think it's one of the block perks I think. But a shout would certainly be effective, too.

Because of all the well known Chuck Norris facts. wink.gif

There is a blocking perk, that lets you slow time if you are blocking while an enemy is doing a power attack. It is very handy. There is another archery one, that lets you slow time while you are aiming. It makes it a lot easier to hit people, not to mention to shoot down two or three bad guys before they can even draw their weapons.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 11 2012, 12:11 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 11 2012, 02:08 AM
Post #67

Mouth
Group Icon

Good to know.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 11 2012, 02:32 AM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 3 2012, 03:13 AM
Post #68

Mouth
Group Icon

This isn't really a roleplay idea, it's more of an idea for strategy, but I don't feel like starting an entirely new thread. This idea is going to be called Using your Follower to limit Leveling Speed. biggrin.gif

Um...so although I don't have any major problems with the way Skyrim levels up, there are times I find myself alarmed how much of a railroad it is. Know what I mean? The game levels up, no matter what, as long as you participate in a number of activities. there are no Major or Minor skills to play with, like we had in Oblivion. Here's a for-instance...

In Oblivion, I used to place Major skills that didn't get used as often to slow this sort of leveling down. The reason I did this, my main peeve with this game, started with all the glass, ebony, and daedric wearing bandits that eventually showed up once my character got leveling into the teens. I was also annoyed by all the advanced creatures that entered the game: minotaurs, spriggan, land dreughs (etc) started to show up EVERYWHERE, when the previous week they were nowhere to be seen. I didn't have a problem with these creatures, what bothered me was how frequently they started showing up.

This totally broke the game for me. It didn't make any sense. It was as if all these additional creatures and high-rolling bandits were hiding off behind a curtain somewhere, and now they're on stage, only because my character hit a magic level number. It would make more sense if the game eased-in a few of these extra enemies here and there. Whatever though...

I was new to Oblivion at the time. I think I had only been playing 2 or 3 months. But once the game (Renee Gade I's game) started leveling into the teens, I coudn't take it anymore, and put Oblivion aside for months, until I learned about the "Minors for Majors" idea, which artificially slows leveling down in vanilla games.

Now in Skyrim, we don't have Major and Minor skills to mess with. If we participate in the game, therefore, the majority of activities will keep us leveling up. Well here's the thing. I'm not in a hurry to level up! I don't mind seeing my character grow over a longer period of time.

So what can be done about this? Again, I'm on PS3, which means no mods!

Answer: get a follower! biggrin.gif Let him or her take a fair share of the workload!

As Crystal Beth's current follower Belrand gets his rocks off, rushing into battle, he winds up taking more and more of the enemies head-on. Beth tends to hang back, summoning a fire elemental, perhaps, and only getting involved in actual combat when it's safe to do so, or if Belrand actually needs her help. This winds up slowing her leveling significantly, if I want it to.

Besides, I think I read at UESP that NPC followers are only good for a certain amount of time. I think Belrand is useful until Beth's game gets to about Level 40. After that, he won't be strong enough to keep up with the game. Since Beth is currently Level 18, this means she'll be able to keep effectively Belrand as a partner for a very long time.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Apr 3 2012, 03:26 AM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 3 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #69

Ancient
Group Icon

I was thinking about this same thing yesterday when I was playing Babd. She helped Faendal trick Camilla into giving Sven the cold shoulder. In recompense, she insisted that Faendal help her clear out Embershard Mine, since she had a bounty for the bandit leader there. He was pretty useful, and killed one bandit that Babd did not even see.

Most of the NPC followers are capped at level 40. I think there is a bug where some, like Lydia, never increase levels at all, making them pretty useless rather quick. But I have not found firm documentation on that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 3 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #70

Mouth
Group Icon

Claire's assistant Brel did pretty good until Claire's game started to near Level 30. Then there was a battle in which Brelyna wound up getting killed permanently. huh.gif I looked it up on UESP and it says this for Brel's "level"

PC×1 (range=6-30)

which means she's good until about Level 30, huh?
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 3 2012, 03:47 PM
Post #71

Ancient
Group Icon

30? Wow, that is pretty low, even for the other followers. No surprise she did not last.

It is too bad you cannot afford a gaming PC. Then you would be able to use mods that improve the followers. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 3 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #72

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 3 2012, 09:47 AM) *

It is too bad you cannot afford a gaming PC. Then you would be able to use mods that improve the followers. sad.gif

We should work on getting her a PC. lol.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 3 2012, 09:02 PM
Post #73

Councilor
Group Icon

Here’s an idea that I’m using with a couple of characters. They have dragons in their games, but they are not the Dragonborn. We do this by forgetting about being summoned by the Greybeards and pretty much ignoring when the souls get absorbed. This means fighting dragons without using any Shouts. It really helps me keep the focus on spells, because a lot of times as Jensa informed me, “There’s a Shout for that.”

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 4 2012, 12:45 AM
Post #74

Mouth
Group Icon

nice idea, Grits!

and there you guys go with your computer teasing again. smile.gif Youse guys.
+Quote Post
Taaron
post Jun 24 2012, 04:19 AM
Post #75

Retainer

I dont know about you guys, but I'm thinking about starting a sort of Vigilant of Stendarr type thing. I want to hunt down every last Daedra there is. Plus my character is a descendant of Talos so he kind of takes the role of his ancsetor

--------------------

"It is time for Nords to learn the truth. Eternal life can be theirs, without the need to spend an entire mortal life in vain pursuit of something completely unattainable. In the end, all valiant Nords can enter Sovngarde. "
[/color]
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Jun 26 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #76

Mouth
Group Icon

Sounds fun, Taaron. Are you on PC or a console?
+Quote Post
trustinlies
post Sep 17 2012, 07:50 AM
Post #77

Associate

A fun idea I tried a few times was being a bender like from ATLA and LoK. Fire bending is obviously the easiest since you start out with the flames spell (skyrim) then as you become a better bender you can do lightning and then as a master bender you can breathe fire (shout) like a dragon. Water bender uses ice spells and the shout. I havent really figured out a way to do earth bending (im on the xbox but im sure you could make some cool spells through modding on the pc). However the earth bending one I did make was focused on mining and farming. Air is possibly the funnest, you use unrelenting force, whirlwind sprint and telekinesis if you are around water you can use ice spells (cooling the air to freeze the water). An air bender is a really good thief class but i like playing it as a monk to stick to the idea behind air bending.

If you are a water bender you can also learn blood bending once you become a master, this adds a ton of spells for your disposal. You can use calm, turn, raising, etc. to control your enemies and/or friends. You can also do animal spells and shouts to simulate controlling them. Paralyze also fits in well with this.

Finally, Energy bending. This relies on drain spells mostly, plus restoration spells. At low levels I have found this one hard to play as, but once you start increasing your level you are unstoppable. This is also the class that I used the transmute spell since you are controlling the ores on a molecular level lol.

Dont forget to use weapons that go with your bending style -
Fire - 1 or 2 swords (preferably scimitars which you can find on the pirate ship by solitude), unarmed
Water - in the older games I would have said spear but in skyrim use either 1 sword or a staff that does ice attacks
air - staff (i havent found a good one yet), bows work if you are good with them (use bending to guide the arrows), hand-to-hand
earth - 1 sword, mace or unarmed
Energy - unarmed/magic only

I have some other ideas but I will save those for another day
+Quote Post
trustinlies
post Sep 17 2012, 07:52 AM
Post #78

Associate

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Apr 3 2012, 07:30 AM) *

Claire's assistant Brel did pretty good until Claire's game started to near Level 30. Then there was a battle in which Brelyna wound up getting killed permanently. huh.gif I looked it up on UESP and it says this for Brel's "level"

PC×1 (range=6-30)

which means she's good until about Level 30, huh?

Actually according to the guide, your followers shouldn't die unless you accidentally deliver the final blow. This can include an area spell or a rune trap or a stray sword swing... sad.gif

This post has been edited by trustinlies: Sep 17 2012, 07:53 AM
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Sep 17 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #79

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(trustinlies @ Sep 17 2012, 02:52 AM) *

Actually according to the guide, your followers shouldn't die unless you accidentally deliver the final blow. This can include an area spell or a rune trap or a stray sword swing... sad.gif

Claire never employed those sorts of spells; she's a cleric, and she mostly used Restoration, some Alteration, and she also conjured Flame Atronachs. I've also always been careful about staying out of fights that one of my followers is engaged in. If anything, Claire would be more likely to attempt to heal Brelyna instead of swing into a fight she's engaged in.

Doesn't really matter. Claire's story ended at that moment, it just made sense to me. I will at some point make a Claire Voyance II.

Hey, what is a "bender"? I don't understand all that lingo up above, perhaps you can post a link?
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 17 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #80

Councilor
Group Icon

Rowan lost a follower when a summoned flame atronach exploded next to him in a corridor. It may have been her atronach, I couldn’t tell. They were fighting a bunch of mages, and it had turned into a real mess. I’ve also seen Belrand go to his knees in the middle of a fire and then fall over. I think that enough damage after they take a knee will be the end of them. It’s a good idea to keep them supplied with healing potions.

I like the way you worked Shouts into your bending, trustinlies. In another thread we talked about using Shouts as spells for non-Dovahkiins who live in a world with dragons, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet. That would really fill in some gaps in Skyrim’s spell inventory.

--------------------
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:04 AM