3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trey In Mournhold, Chapter 3
Kiln
post Feb 26 2006, 12:25 AM
Post #41

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Well Trey, I often ask myself as I'm reading your updates what exactly sets this story apart from most others and I never could seem to figure it out...perhaps it is the amount of content or the great detail and descriptive elements or maybe even the calm way the story flows that makes it different from other writings. After some time of wondering this I have come to the conclusion that it is all of it, every bit of your story stands out as excellent and well written to me and I can't wait for the next part.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Mar 2 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #42

Knower
Group Icon

I think Kiln said everything that needs to be said. As the third chapter of this adventure comes to a close, it remains as amazing as when it first began. I look forward to chapter 4 and Trey's inevitable confrontation with Helseth.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Mar 2 2006, 03:16 AM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

Wow great update and I too agree that Kiln summed everything up. Great end of the chapter Trey and please continue on.

(yay! new smily, right?evillol.sml.gif)

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Sep 3 2013, 06:25 AM
Post #44

Councilor
Group Icon

Something I've been completely neglecting to mention are the two spells...Beggar's Nose and the Bound Bow one...

Fair dues...Much more "Romantic" a name than Life Detect... biggrin.gif ...I like that it can see enchanted stuff...Excellent...Is that in-game magic or an invention?...

The Bound Bow is cool, and I love that you use it to fire real arrows, rather than the Skyrim version which is more like the Ranger from the 80s Dungeons and Dragons cartoon that shot flaming constructs...

Something that always makes me laugh is how many arrows you can carry in the games...At one point, I must have had two or three thousand of various sorts on my back in Skyrim...Possibly as a laugh... biggrin.gif ...

I do know that at one point, my 9mm bullet count of FO3 was nearing 10,000...

And that's without the various other sizes I was buying... biggrin.gif ...Ahhhh, game exploits...Gotta love it...

Anyways, to this next chapter...

Loved that it was mostly side-quest territory, a nice change of pace after the darkness of the under-city...

I noticed the thing about the writer's block...It's so horrible when that happens...Though, changing job certainly does count as a valid excuse for its hitting you...I think that's why I have so much trouble over the summer...Well, that and the antihistamines... laugh.gif ...

Loved the quest with the finding a decent man...That was sweet...And we all had a good laugh at the man who was sad about the pillow factory closing..."All I ever wanted to do was make pillows" or some such... laugh.gif ...Man, this game is...Odd... laugh.gif ...

Brilliant stuff...

Oooh, and then the despatching of the Mournhold chapter of the DB...*Applauds*...Well, that's them done then...Off to see the King next is it?...

Amazing...

Loving it...

Next!!...

Nice one!!...

*Applauds heartily*...

EDIT...What I mean about the over the summer thing, is that the farm jobs get all...Uncertain...I never know when they're coming, or what exactly I'm doing from day to day...And I hate that...Plus it's too hot...So that's why my writing goes off in the summer...

Ta...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Sep 3 2013, 06:27 AM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:34 AM