Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alteration Skill bugged?, Doesn't seem to apply to Willpower level
Hazbalt
post Mar 26 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #1

Associate

I noticed while I was practicing Alteration (ie. casting the shield spell to level up my alteration skill in order to get the willpower bonus) that it does absolutely nothing to improve my Willpower. I also use Destruction/Restoration, and that does have an effect on Willpower, but Alteration does not. When I practice this skill it does increase my alteration skill itself naturally, as I went from a starting skill of 15 to 25, and even tried raising it to 40, but it has no effect of raising the Willpower bonus at all. Anyone else notice this?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post Mar 26 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #2

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

I haven't noticed that yet so far, though I'm still early in the game. Maybe one of our members can help you.

In the meantime though, please keep all Oblivion related questions to the Oblivion forums, ok? I'm moving this across now.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 27 2006, 10:59 AM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hazbalt @ Mar 26 2006, 11:06 PM)
I noticed while I was practicing Alteration (ie. casting the shield spell to level up my alteration skill in order to get the  willpower bonus) that it does absolutely nothing to improve my Willpower. I also use Destruction/Restoration, and that does have an effect on Willpower, but Alteration does not. When I practice this skill it does increase my alteration skill itself naturally, as I went from a starting skill of 15 to 25, and even tried raising it to 40, but it has no effect of raising the Willpower bonus at all. Anyone else notice this?

If I remember correctly, Alteration is based on intelligence...but did you not get any bonuses to your attributes at all, of was it somethings that would get you any bonuses...but still, it may be a bug as you said...try using different schools of magic, and not just alteration...maby that will help...smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Hazbalt
post Mar 27 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #4

Associate

According to the book, and also in game, Alteration is listed as Willpower. I have even tried raising it 20 skill points before I levelled my character up, and it does not show as a bonus anywhere. To test this, I tried raising Illusion 10 points, and when I went to level up, my personality bonus was the expected 5 points. Then I raised both Illusion and Alteration, and only Personality showed any bonus at all. Also, Restoration, and Destruction, the other two Willpower based skills, do affect the Willpower bonus, only Alteration appears not to, which is a bad flaw for my character, since I took it as a major skill.
This should be relatively easy to check. All one needs to do is purchase the Shield spell from one of the mage guilds (as it is somewhat cheap and low magicka cost), if not already taking the Alteration skill as a major one, and try casting it for several skill points, and then levelling up. If it was working properly there should be a bonus multiplier next to Willpower, even if Restoration, or Destruction, was not used before the level.
I had also gone back to a much earlier save position (right before choosing my path) and trying Restoration as a minor skill, and still it does not effect raising Willpower. Can anyone else confirm this, or has anyone else encountered this problem?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:52 AM