> What are you playing?
mirocu
post Jan 7 2024, 10:53 AM
Post #5021

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jan 6 2024, 10:57 PM) *

Fresh from the oven!

I knew the justice lady statue was gonna have two small statues, one black and one white, on her scales. Thanks to you I know these games now laugh.gif

Also, is this a game you've played before or is it new to you?

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 7 2024, 05:25 PM
Post #5022

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Star Wars: Rebellion

I now control the entire Inner Core. Last sector was taken simply by destroying the rebel troops, and the systems swayed to my side on their own. Not a single diplomacy mission required. This is usally the case when I come to the last sector so it wasn't a surprise.

All sectors have their own defense fleet and the Main Fleet is now ready enough with its ten Super Star Destroyers and two Interdictors and thus has taken to the Outer Rim. More SSD:s might be added during this phase but for now I want to keep a few hundred maintenance points available in case one system gets taken. Don't wanna suffer destruction due to negative maintenance points in the pool.

Edit: Palpatine is back! He escaped on his own from Yavin and is now back to kick butt with Vader biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jan 7 2024, 09:19 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jan 7 2024, 08:59 PM
Post #5023

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 7 2024, 03:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jan 6 2024, 10:57 PM) *

Fresh from the oven!

I knew the justice lady statue was gonna have two small statues, one black and one white, on her scales. Thanks to you I know these games now laugh.gif

Also, is this a game you've played before or is it new to you?

I've played RE0 many many many years ago when it was on the Game Cube, so I'm not all green in this LP happy.gif.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 7 2024, 09:15 PM
Post #5024

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Well, so far so good! I'm enjoying it same as the other one you did smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 10 2024, 05:18 PM
Post #5025

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Just played game number 28282 of Windows Titans Chess. Only mention that because of the funny number biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 11 2024, 08:16 AM
Post #5026

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 10 2024, 10:18 AM) *

Just played game number 28282 of Windows Titans Chess. Only mention that because of the funny number biggrin.gif

Windows Titan Chess, is that a more challenging version of the free one that used come with Windows? I was a fair player at one time.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 11 2024, 02:19 PM
Post #5027

Master
Group Icon

(link) First set of captures depicting a recently driven stopping passenger service on North Wales Coast Line route, featuring a train powered by an LNWR Great Britain 2-2-2-2 steam loco in Lilac & Cream livery. (link)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 11 2024, 05:56 PM
Post #5028

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 11 2024, 08:16 AM) *

Windows Titan Chess, is that a more challenging version of the free one that used come with Windows?

No, this came free with the computer but you can choose what level you want to play at.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 11 2024, 09:06 PM
Post #5029

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 11 2024, 10:56 AM) *

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 11 2024, 08:16 AM) *

Windows Titan Chess, is that a more challenging version of the free one that used come with Windows?

No, this came free with the computer but you can choose what level you want to play at.

I was never more than a mediocre chess player. I don't have the sort of mind that can analyze my own moves and plan for possible countermoves turns in advance. I recall, as a lad, buying a book on the chess opening moves by a then-renowned chess master. I studied it and became rather good at opening the game. I then bought the same fellow's book on the middle game. While reading it I forget all the opening strategies learned in the first book. That's when I realized it wasn't/isn't for me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 11 2024, 09:10 PM
Post #5030

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Replacing what you've learned by the new things you're learning. Like your brain is overwriting a an old save laugh.gif

I'm quite mediocre too. If I concentrate I can be somewhat proficient in anticipating countermoves and whatnot, but usually I'm far too lazy for that and just go where my heart takes me biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jan 12 2024, 10:05 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 12 2024, 10:12 PM
Post #5031

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Making my way swiftly through the Outer Rim, not even bothering enhancing Palpatine's stats by having him conduct sabotage missions. No point doing that now that I'm in the endgame so I'm just bombarding the troops and installations and then make the assault.

As my maintenance pool is quickly increasing due to adding systems in the Outer Rim, I've added two more Super Star Destroyers to the Main Fleet. Probably won't need the added firepower but you never know. I have in the past been surprised by suddenly coming across a HUGE Alliance fleet where the odds were quite even. And I don't like that! tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jan 12 2024, 10:47 PM
Post #5032

Master
Group Icon

LP uploads are going to be a little delayed due to weather. My internet is a bit janky at the moment because of the recent snowstorm that hit.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 21 2024, 11:20 AM
Post #5033

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jan 20 2024, 10:47 PM) *

I don't think RE0 has the red headed zombies, kinda makes the lighter a bit useless other then some puzzles. Anyway here it is for all to enjoy: Part 5.

Thanks for the upload!

Funny how those slugs that were dangerous before, now aren't even a nuisance tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jan 21 2024, 06:49 PM
Post #5034

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 21 2024, 04:20 AM) *

Thanks for the upload!

Funny how those slugs that were dangerous before, now aren't even a nuisance tongue.gif

I they're easier to avoid then trying to shoot them and waste ammo. Knives would work well against them but I left those near the crashed train and so far I'm doing good on ammo so no need to make another trip there.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 26 2024, 06:00 PM
Post #5035

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Game ended today. I was in the second to last sector, working my way through five more systems and then it was off to the last sector containing around ten systems. I always have to go through them all in order to get to the Alliance HQ because they can move it to another system under their control at any moment to get away. Well, not this time. First one I got to had the HQ and their defensive fleet was abysmal so I didn't even bother going into manual mode to fight but just let it play out automatically, giving me the result in one or two seconds. After that I bombed the HQ and the game was over.

So to summarize: I never got to use the awesome power of my Main Fleet, I never got a big fight over Coruscant and the Emperor was missing during 3/4 of the game. Tremendous tongue.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jan 26 2024, 06:54 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 26 2024, 06:44 PM
Post #5036

Councilor
Group Icon

Is that affected by how much attrition you’ve inflicted earlier in the campaign?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 26 2024, 07:06 PM
Post #5037

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Well, as I keep taking over more planets I get more resources and the computer gets less to work with so yes, it does play part in it for sure. However, I can never tell if I will encounter or get attacked by a really huge rebel fleet and the fact I'm building all those ships and fighters doesn't have any bearing. Only taking over planets has that effect. And while I am busy doing my thing in the Inner Core, the computer expands into the Outer Rim and amasses new resources there.

The way I see it, I shouldn't really be this overpowering and the computer shouldn't be this overpowered. But fights are usually most difficult during 2/4 of the game. 1/4 not much conflict is happening and during 4/4 I'm just plowing my way through the game. Usually.

You could just chalk it up to me being experienced playing this game, but I've played it for 20 years and I have noticed a stark change in how the computer opponent did things before and how it does things now and I cannot tell why that is. My actions surely affects the computer's but I don't know how I've really changed things up.

Anyway, great game and it's always fun to build up fleets smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jan 27 2024, 03:47 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jan 26 2024, 11:27 PM
Post #5038

Mouth
Group Icon

I have been playing Witcher 3 in order to remind myself the details of Geralt's story. Hmm... In every respect this game is better than its predecessor Witcher 2 - it is newer, sharper, cleaner, bigger, you name it. And yet... I prefer Witcher 2. I am actually getting bored! ohmy.gif Of course I already played it a couple of times, but may be I just didn't like it enough... Something isn't right. I very much enjoy playing Geralt and interacting with the other characters in the game, it's just the rest of it... is a bit... meh... too clean, too streamlined, too orderly... I dunno. Plenty of dirt, swearing and gore and I find it too clean? Too clinical and studied is perhaps a better word.

So my plan has changed thusly. I am going to play it a little bit more in order to recall a few things, then I'm going to write up Geralt's story from memory of my previous playthroughs and with the help of the Fandom Wiki - just to remind me of some details where necessary. My Geralt's story is not the canon and is not all based on the events from the game anyway. No need to bore myself playing it then. biggrin.gif I was never going to retell everything that happpened in the game, but only those bits that pertain to Geralt's character. This is his extended portrait, if you will. Then he's boarding a ship and sailing over to Tamriel and we fast forward to the spot in my story where he sets off for Solstheim to answer the call of Hircine - the Great Hunt of the Fourth Era is on! And let's hope that Morroblivion's Blood Moon proves more exciting than Witcher 3. Well, at least I haven't played it yet. smile.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 27 2024, 03:46 PM
Post #5039

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Jan 26 2024, 11:27 PM) *

I have been playing Witcher 3 in order to remind myself the details of Geralt's story. Hmm... In every respect this game is better than its predecessor Witcher 2 - it is newer, sharper, cleaner, bigger, you name it. And yet... I prefer Witcher 2. I am actually getting bored! ohmy.gif Of course I already played it a couple of times, but may be I just didn't like it enough... Something isn't right. I very much enjoy playing Geralt and interacting with the other characters in the game, it's just the rest of it... is a bit... meh...

Exactly my take on VtM:B. I like making and building up my character, and I do like some aspects of the game. But other aspects I simply cannot stand to the point of hating it which is why I can't play it again. I do like the game, but I don't like it kvleft.gif

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Jan 26 2024, 11:27 PM) *

let's hope that Morroblivion's Blood Moon proves more exciting than Witcher 3.

I can imagine Bloodmoon with Oblivion graphics and gameplay is quite swanky biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jan 29 2024, 01:36 AM
Post #5040

Master
Group Icon

I'm playing Palworld. Feels like Conan Exiles mixed with Pokemon.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 250 251 252 253 254 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 01:43 PM