2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ahnaressu's Travels Ch.10
Dantrag
post Aug 15 2005, 03:39 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

"Is that it?" Cali asked impatiently. they had been scouring the ashlands for days looking for the Urshilaku.

"Possibly." Ahnaressu answered, squinting his eyes to try to tell whether or not those tiny dots on the horizon were yurts. "I can't tell until we get closer."

They kept walking, but Ahnaressu stopped to pick up a tiring Relgar.

In a matter of minutes, Ahnaressu was sure that this was indeed his tribe. He took a deep breath and continued walking. Would his tribe accept him anymore after leaving for so long? He would find his answer soon enough, he decided.

An ashlander ran out from behind a rock and stood ahead of them, obviously one of the perimeter guard. His hand was resting easily on the hilt of a chitin blade.

"You are not allowed here. you are no friend of the Urshilaku." the elderly dunmer said with authority.

"You are wrong, Yassour." Ahnaressu said with a smile, recognizing the kindly but stern old mer. "I am of this tribe."

The dunmer was astonished that this young stranger knew his name, but didn't show it. Who did he think he was?

"What is your name?"

"Ahnaressu Sul-Khar." he answered.

Yassour squinted, trying to find similarities between this mer and the one he knew six years ago. "Hmmm, yes." he said, "Son of Zaldin."

Ahnaressu smiled. "So is he." he said, nodding his head towards the sleeping Relgar he was carrying.

"We thought the baby was dead in the raid. I'm glad he wasn't." Yassour said solemnly, remembering that fateful day. "Oh, where are my manners? Who is this young lady?"

"I am Cali, nice to meet you." she said with a slight curtsy.

"Well, Cali, Ahnaressu; come sit in my yurt for awhile while I speak to the ashkhan of your return."

"Thank you." Ahnaressu said while Yassour led them to his yurt.

They all sat down by the fire while Yassour went to inform Sul-Matuul.

"Nice place." Cali remarked, trying to start some conversation.

"Yeah - not exactly the welcome I was expecting though." Ahnaressu said sadly. "When we walked through the camp, nobody even recognized me."

"It's been a few years..." Cali said, trying to reason with him.

Ahnaressu was about to answer, but Yassour came back in. "Sul-Matuul wishes to speak with you." he said flatly.

---
It seems I neglected this story since I started writing parodies...well here you go.

enjoy.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Aug 15 2005, 05:27 AM
Post #2

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Yes, you need to find a way to juggle your parodies, the last of the RP, and your story....or else. wink.gif

I wonder what he needs to speak with him about...update soon. smile.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Neck' Thall
post Aug 15 2005, 05:27 AM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

Nicee....But u havn't commented on my updates...

any way some cake cake.gif cake.gif

This post has been edited by Neck' Thall: Aug 15 2005, 05:28 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Aug 16 2005, 03:10 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Still one of my favorite stories.... I wonder if Ahnaressu is going to discover that "you can't go home again"? Still, he is back with the Urshilaku- and Nyph is on his way- [sits down to wait for cataclysmic confrontation.]

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Konji
post Aug 16 2005, 03:20 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

Really good Dantrag, I haven't read the others well but I still enjoy this. I have no idea what is going on though. winkgrin.gif

And Neck, stop ye whining! Yours is getting a lot more activity than mine.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 16 2005, 06:52 PM
Post #6

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Dantrag! I´m very happy to see this, I agree with treydog, this story really is one of my favourites.......oh please do not neglect it, it´s too damn good for a fate like that......

keep it coming!

goodjob.gif goodjob.gif cake.gif cake.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 23 2005, 06:14 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow. I have been slacking, huh?

-------

Ahnaressu entered the yurt, to see the ashkhan himself, the gulakhans, and none other than Nibani Maesa, the wise woman, sitting around a fire that was blazing in the middle of the yurt.

"Sit down, Ahnaressu." Sul-Matuul said, pointing to an open place around the fire.

Ahnaressu obeyed, wondering why exactly he was here.

"Nibani has discovered something that may interest you." he continued, once Ahnaressu took his place.

Stop beating around the bush and tell me! Ahnaressu thought impatiently, but composed himself and politely said, "And what is that?"

"A prophecy." Nibani cut in.

Ahnaressu raised an eyebrow. "The nerevarine prophecy? I've heard that it is near to its complet-"

"No, the Nerevarine prophecy is irrelevant to this one." Nibani said, cutting Ahnaressu off. "This one is not even written in the Elder Scrolls, to my knowledge. It is merely a vision I have had ever since the attack." With that explained, Nibani asked Ahnaressu to tell her everything that had happened to him since the attack. As he did so, Nibani would nod, as if everything was becoming clear. When he was finished with his story, Nibani began telling him of the prophecy.

Ahnaressu sat, listening, as Nibani told him of the visions. One particular scene was quite familiar; one with Valnor swinging at him after killing the ashkhan; possibly the entire tribe. she also told him of the voice that spoke while she was seeing the vision.

"You are the one to kill this exiled ashlander, if my visions are correct. I can sense the lust for revenge in you, I can see it in your eyes. You might even be able to stop him from destroying all of the tribes. My visions are sometimes what could be, and sometimes what will be. I never know until it happens, or something else happens to prevent it."

"But you can't see beyond that last scene can you? You can't see if I will defeat him, hell, you can't even see if I will fight him." Ahnaressu said, just to be argumentative; he didn't like seeing his future as predetermined, he liked to think that he controlled his own future.

"No, I can't." Nibani replied. "But you know as well as I that there will be a fight, but the winner has not yet been determined."

"Tell me one more time," Ahnaressu said, "What did the voice say?"

----
Enjoy. Will update again soon.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Aug 23 2005, 06:21 PM
Post #8

Forum Bard
Group Icon

What did the voice say Dantrag? Tell me, tell me, tell me....please...

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 23 2005, 07:34 PM
Post #9

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I thought I´ve seen the worst cliffie..but THIS one is outrageous.....Dantrag....I beg you, bribe you..ehh whatever it takes.....TELL ME what the voice said.....NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 23 2005, 07:35 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

It says
---

minque, be patient
Or you may invoke the wrath of Dantrag
You most definately do not want that.

laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Aug 23 2005, 07:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 23 2005, 07:37 PM
Post #11

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Oooops..... ohmy.gif ph34r.gif whistle.gif

OK I´ll bribe you......have a cake.gif or cake.gif cake.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Neck' Thall
post Aug 24 2005, 06:03 AM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

I up that bribe to a cake.gif cake.gif cake.gif cake.gif cake.gif cake.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Aug 24 2005, 04:03 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

I bow my cliff-hanger posting head in acknowledgement of the master cliff-hanger of all time...

And one more thing- great story!

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Sep 4 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

Ahnaressu walked out of the tent, the words echoing in his head.

When the Cursed One, the Exile, haunts the tribes,
The Saviour will come to save them from certain death.
This saviour has been carefully hidden from the scribes,
by the ones that draw no breath.

It was all quite vague, but Nibani had explained some of it.

The cursed one was undoubtedly Valnor; Sul-Matuul had recieved reports of the deaths of two tribes, what could haunt the tribes more?

Nibani insisted that the saviour was himself, but what proof did she have?

The part about being hidden from the scribes was something about the ancestors keeping it from being written in The Elder Scrolls.

He brought himself out of his daydreaming to see Cali in front of him.

"Look!" she said excitedly. "They have prepared a feast for you!"

"What?" Ahnnaressu asked, looking around at the festivities.

"They say you have come to save them, and they are celebrating."

Ahnaressu didn't like this. He wasn't hunting Valnor to save anyone. He wanted to kill Valnor out of revenge for his mother and the others that died.

He was a good sport about it though, and sat with his fellow tribesmen, accepting small gifts, and being cordial, despite the fact that he didn't like it one bit.

When the party was over, he sat in the yurt, reflecting on all that had just happened. Why was he suddenly chosen? What proof did Nibani have of him being this "Saviour"?

He was so deep into thought that he didn't notice Cali sitting beside him.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah." Ahnaressu lied.

"Tell me what's bothering you." she persisted.

"It's this whole thing. They think me some kind of noble warrior come to save them."

"And you aren't?"

"No!" he answered loudly.

Cali nodded knowingly. "You hunt him out of revenge, and you hate that they don't recognize that." she said, flatly, not accusingly.

Ahnaressu looked over at her. "And you don't think me some kind of monster?"

She shook her head. "No. I have often thought about killing those men that murdered my mother. It's only human." She paused for a moment. "What's so wrong with getting your revenge and saving your tribe?" she asked with a grin.

"Nothing, I guess." Ahnaressu said, returning the smile.

---
enjoy. it was short, but still an update, right?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Neck' Thall
post Sep 4 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #15

Finder
Group Icon

Kool...hey will Cali and Anheressu get married, cuz they already act kind of like a couple. (as in she can read his mind W/O being psycic.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Sep 4 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #16

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Sep 4 2005, 10:09 PM)

---
enjoy. it was short, but still an update, right?

It was.....and I thank you for that.....it´s always a pleasure when I see an update on Ahnaressu.....you know how much I like that!

So will he now accept his fate.....or will it be a burden for him being a saviour......oh hmm Danny, you know what????

Update again......now please...... goodjob.gif cake.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Sep 21 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

I was very excited when I found this story here. I remembered reading some of the older chapters on the official forums, and I was always sad that there wasn't more to read. Now that I know it is here, I will be eagerly awaiting each new entry.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Sep 22 2005, 01:50 AM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mplantinga @ Sep 21 2005, 06:57 PM)
I was very excited when I found this story here. I remembered reading some of the older chapters on the official forums, and I was always sad that there wasn't more to read. Now that I know it is here, I will be eagerly awaiting each new entry.

Hmmm, yeah. I stopped posting in the official forums at like chapter 6. You were the only one that read it there laugh.gif

And this is in desperate need of an update. Check back this weekend, after I consult my notes and write a bit more.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Sep 22 2005, 01:51 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Sep 22 2005, 10:54 PM
Post #19

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Sep 22 2005, 02:50 AM)
Hmmm, yeah. I stopped posting in the official forums at like chapter 6. You were the only one that read it there  laugh.gif

And this is in desperate need of an update. Check back this weekend, after I consult my notes and write a bit more.

If I remember correctly .....I too was reading your story over there....and mplantinga is also MY most loyal reader......

Enough of this..we are eagerly waiting for an update...... tongue.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Dec 7 2005, 12:12 AM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow. So much for that weekend. September. Wow. I don't even think I have those notes anymore.

-----

"So where do I go?" Ahnaressu asked Nibani. "If I leave, he could attack this tribe, and if I stay, he could attack the Zainab."

"Go to the Zainab." Nibani replied without hesitation.

"Why?" Ahnaressu asked, curious as to how she knew what was best.

"Have you ever looked at a map? The Zainab is the closest to their previous slaughter."

"He could have predicted that." Ahnaressu replied.

"He thinks you dead, remember?"

Ahnaressu nodded. He regretted ever telling Nibani what had happened since he last left the tribe.

"Will you keep Cali and Relgar here?" Ahnaressu asked.

Nibani nodded. "Now get your things ready and go."

Ahnaressu left the wise woman's yurt and walked into his own. He strapped his katana to his waist, grabbed his small pack and filled it with some food, water, and a few potions. With a sigh, he walked out of the yurt to find Cali and Relgar.

They were sitting arounda fire with Yassour, eating a small lunch, so Ahnaresu joined them and ate a small portion of Nix-hound.

"I'm leaving." he said suddenly, breaking the silence.

Relgar and Cali immediately looked up from their food, while Yassour continued eating, showing no evidence that he had heard, other than a broad smile.

"Hunting?" Cali asked. There was no need to say who.

Ahnaressu nodded. "You and Relgar can stay here where it's safe. Nibani said it was alright."

Cali nodded understandingly and gave him a hug, and Relgar did the same.

Ahnaressu was soon walking towards the Zainab, he was already seeing his goal.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:34 AM