Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wolf Mods, Skyrim (and more!) for Oblivion
Lena Wolf
post Oct 28 2022, 08:59 PM
Post #261

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Oct 28 2022, 08:21 PM) *

Good job! I was thinking of starting a new TES V game just the other day. Now I wonder, why did I do that?

You got tempted by the cool version of TESV - you know, the one without steam. wink.gif

But even they don't have a ship service to Gnaar Mok.

This post has been edited by Lena Wolf: Oct 28 2022, 08:59 PM

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 28 2022, 11:40 PM
Post #262

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Oct 28 2022, 02:59 PM) *

You got tempted by the cool version of TESV - you know, the one without steam. wink.gif

Um, yes I did. wink.gif

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 15 2022, 12:56 AM
Post #263

Mouth
Group Icon

TWMP Skyrim Alive version 2.9 is out. This one has got another new town - Dunkreath. It's in Morrowind, just on the other side of the Dunmereth Pass. It's got ship transport to Ald Velothi in the North of Vvardenfell (if you've got Morroblivion installed, that is). Other than that, it's got Imperial Census and Excise Office, a couple of shops and a few strange people... smile.gif

This update also has a bunch of collection quests and two joinable guilds - the Welkynd Masons Guild (become a Free Mason!) and the Dwemer Artifact Collectors Guild (become Chief Explorer). The guilds are not open immediately, you've got to earn the right to join. We don't want to make it too easy! wink.gif This is my replacement of a typical radial quest system which sends you into the many dungeons that I added in release 2. Still nothing epic (try the main quest for epic! tongue.gif ).

Getting off the boat in Dunkreath

You climb the stairs and it starts snowing...

What's new with you?

This side of the mountains is NOT Skyrim

Who's your tailor?

Entering Skyrim - first impressions

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 15 2022, 01:03 AM
Post #264

Paladin
Group Icon

Dunkreath - what an eclectic town!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 15 2022, 01:19 AM
Post #265

Mouth
Group Icon

They seem to have repurposed Dwemer ruins... waste not, want not I suppose. smile.gif

Also, I just realised: TWMP Skyrim Alive is exactly one year and one day old! cake.gif I uploaded version one a year ago... How time flies when you're having fun! wacko.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 22 2022, 01:22 PM
Post #266

Mouth
Group Icon

I have finally decided to release Lena's Companions in its own right, and not just as a part of TWMP Skyrim Alive. I actually have a dozen companions already... blink.gif But the release starts with three. I shall be adding new ones when I am happy with the level of testing that they'll have received. smile.gif

I developed these companions for my own game, they feature in Lena's story. Some, like Hauk Serck-Hanssen, for example, even have a "player" file - a mod that allows you to play as that character. Hauk is my lead character in Morroblivion, and I wanted him to look and feel like the companion that's been with me for over a year now... Yeah, these things have a tendency to snow-ball.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 22 2022, 04:59 PM
Post #267

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, very impressive! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Nov 22 2022, 10:16 PM
Post #268

Mouth
Group Icon

Yes indeed Acadian is right, this is very impressive. I don't know how you do it. goodjob.gif It's been fun watching the development of your mods. Sorry to have missed the birthday party.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 22 2022, 10:29 PM
Post #269

Mouth
Group Icon

Thank you both! biggrin.gif

How I do it? I tinker. biggrin.gif Start small, and before you know it, you have a bunch of companions running around in a whole new land... blink.gif Being a programmer helps, too. wink.gif But admittedly modding has a very steep learning curve - it took me may be half a year to get to a stage where I at least remotely understood what I was doing... Still learning every day.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 28 2022, 10:09 AM
Post #270

Mouth
Group Icon

I spent some time figuring out xVASynth - the voice synthesizer. It was recently revamped and updated, both the engine itself and the voice models for Oblivion. Whoah - it's getting really good! goodjob.gif Tamriel is no longer run over by the Daleks... biggrin.gif But it is still quite a pain to get from the lines typed into the quest window to the voice files that actually play in-game and have associated lip sync files. I've been testing it on Geralt's Companion file (which is close to release). It's quite nice to hear him inquiring about goblins and ogres, even if he does have a bit of an accent. wink.gif But then of course, he's an Outlander, so it's only natural.

This post has been edited by Lena Wolf: Nov 28 2022, 10:10 AM

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 28 2022, 03:30 PM
Post #271

Councilor
Group Icon

Let us know what tips and tricks you come up with, as you’re not alone.

I’m trying to get Lynda Carter’s voice from Oblivion over to Skyrim. She did Azura (and Gormlaith) so I want to use her voice for some extra Azura lines. Nocturnal is easier, as her voice actress in Skyrim also did FemaleDarkElf. But the files for Oblivion don’t seem to be at the same level as the Skyrim ones, and need more manual intervention.

Yarob, the Wise (or Wild) Woman for my Orc Hearthfires mod, may get either regular Orc, or Lynda Carter as Sir Mazoga, depending on the results from Azura.

Azura, Nocturnal, and Greta (who can be standard FemaleYoungEager) are needed for the Diablo mod. All the others get by with standard dialogue, and my other mods so far have avoided using any spoken communication.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 28 2022, 03:37 PM
Post #272

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm afraid you're way ahead of me there! I don't do any manual intervention - that's beyond me. I don't have that kind of time. It already took me half a day to just get the lines from the quest window converted into playable MP3s, and that's only a dozen lines. Admittedly, it will go a lot faster next time and won't take half a day, but still, the sheer amount of spreadsheet work required is mind-boggling, and then the voice files generated don't play in game and need an extra conversion step by a different program first. And lip sync generation requires several goes, etc., etc. I am only using standard models, I cannot train any new voices or anything, like I said - you're way ahead of me already! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 28 2022, 03:49 PM
Post #273

Councilor
Group Icon

And I have not done any conversions from.wav yet, so you’re ahead of me on that part. I may try voicing Yarob as FemaleOrc first, just to get that workflow sorted out, and do a further round once the LC voice files are ready. By that time, I might understand how the batch thing works.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 28 2022, 03:53 PM
Post #274

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh, in that case it seems that we're approaching it from different ends. I started with the batch method straight away - it produces MP3 files which play fine when you click them from the file manager, but don't play in game. indifferent.gif You've got to use an MP3 optimiser to make them playable, and the thing is, you have to enter the exact same parameters as you do in the synth, but now the resulting files are much larger and actually play... which is kinda nice... laugh.gif Mind-boggling, I'm telling you. I'll write it up once I actually understand what I'm doing.

This post has been edited by Lena Wolf: Nov 28 2022, 03:54 PM

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 29 2022, 01:30 AM
Post #275

Mouth
Group Icon

I had another go at voice generation (in batch mode), and I now have a better idea of what's going on. I wrote it up here, if anyone is interested.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
macole
post Nov 29 2022, 04:44 PM
Post #276

Mouth
Group Icon

On the NEXUS I found a couple mods that will give a spell to deactivate dark welkynd traps. Has anyone ever had any experience with deactivating dark welkynd stones?

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 29 2022, 05:08 PM
Post #277

Mouth
Group Icon

No. But those traps work because they've got a script attached to them. You cannot remove a script in-game, as far as I know, so I wonder how those spells were made. Do you have a link to one of those mods perhaps? Curious. blackwizardsmile.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
macole
post Nov 29 2022, 10:59 PM
Post #278

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Nov 29 2022, 10:08 AM) *

No. But those traps work because they've got a script attached to them. You cannot remove a script in-game, as far as I know, so I wonder how those spells were made. Do you have a link to one of those mods perhaps? Curious. blackwizardsmile.gif

First let appologize for pusting here. I should have used the Look What I Found thread.
Here are the two mods I found. They both use scripts to temporarily deactivate dark welkynd stones; leave the cell and they become active again, sort of thing or so they say.
ossan_auriga Deactivate Dark Welkynd Stone Mod at Oblivion Nexus - mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Disable Dark Welkynd Stones at Oblivion Nexus - mods and community (nexusmods.com)

This post has been edited by macole: Nov 29 2022, 11:47 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 30 2022, 01:17 AM
Post #279

Mouth
Group Icon

Both these mods work in a similar fashion: when the spell is cast, all dark welkynd stones in range are removed from the cell and replaced with inert dummies. It happens so quickly, you don't notice. smile.gif When you leave the cell, they put them back.

The scripting is very different though, the method and the effect would be the same. Not a lot of comments - you'd have to try them out!

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 30 2022, 09:57 PM
Post #280

Mouth
Group Icon

Skyrim, Hammerfell, Stirk and Chain Islands - the Northern Realms - are getting voice files! Uploading as we speak... 176MB 7zip archive - that'll take a couple of hours. We employ snails here for internet traffic. tongue.gif

It took me two days full time and all the curses in the languages that I speak and almost all the curses in the other languages. Learned a few things though, might be useful to others - will post the details in the xVAsynth thread. Very tedious, but worth it!

So now a certain Helga Open-Legs actually tells you that she wants to break out of jail. She is no longer mute! ohmy.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:03 PM