9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shards of Broken Emperors/Playground 1, Vvardenfell: Roots of Sve'lkreen
ureniashtram
post Aug 3 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #41

Knower
Group Icon

OOC: I left a plan for our Green-Skinned Hulk in the Planning Thread. Just pointing it out, if you miss it.
---

Cyldreen Mon'Cheri

"Can't you see that I'm busy? Ask Veefnir for that." Cyldreen yelled back, as he grabbed a sailor by the eyes and slit his throat with his cutlass. He let the gurgling soon-to-be corpse hit the floor and quickly glanced at the Assassin.

He's down!

"Veefnir! Go to your downed friend immediately! Now!" He frantically yelled at the Orc, with the latter quickly nodding and charging at the sailors. He didn't knew why, but something tells the Breton to at least keep the Assassin alive. And with a raging Orsimer coming to the Imperial's aid, that feeling vanished. He then glanced at the Redguard, who seems to be bluffing. At least to Cyldreen.

But that bluff wouldn't last long if someone notices how he wields that sword.

"Hey, you idiots! Taking on an old man? Well, I guess sailors are cowards! If you queer, lance-sucking yellow-bellies disagree, take me on, then!? I promise I'll go easy on your candy-asses!" he laugh maniaclly as he threw the cutlass to the ground and kicked it where someone wouldn't pick it. They had numbers on their side, that's for sure. But what about skill?

Cyldreen grinned and held his Spear in a defensive stance. It's Orcish tip, coupled with it's wooden and steel haft, would draw some blood.

And it isn't gonna be droplets. No, it would be gallons.

With a demented laugh and grin, he gave the sailors a vulgar gesture. It was enough to send two Imperials charging.

--------------------
Djinn: What wish would you like to have, young master?
Random dude: SUPA POWAZ!
--
Djinn: Is there anything I could make true, lord?
Old guy: .. Youth and charisma.
--
Djinn: Your heart speaks of wanting. I could make it true, milord.
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Aug 3 2010, 11:27 PM
Post #42

Agent

Riden wrapped his arms around Tess, both downed.

Then an Orc with eyes different from the sailors approached the couple. He started to fight off the incoming sailors. Riden noticed a makeshift Spear, much like the one the Breton was using. He crawled over to it and grasped it.

Riden was still very much hurt from the shot with the cutlass but he could limp around.

Haven't used one of these in a LONG time

Some more sailors came in. Riden observed the tip, it was coated with Nightshade poison, the most toxic natural poison in all of Cyrodiil

OCC: Nightshade is the most toxic plant in my side of the Hemisphere so naturally...Back to the RP!

Riden stabbed a sailor dead on with it and the toxins from the deadly plant started to ripple through him. After a couple jerks, he fell dead.

Then one more was stupid enough to come, but luckily for him, the spear didn't have enough poison for one more go.

Time for something Tess will hate me for...

The sailor tried to attack Riden but he used the spear to deflect his blow and pierce his entire spinal area with it. Then with a hard thrust, it went through the body, killing him instantly and losing his spear.

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Banana Cream Marmalade is good on pickles.
-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 4 2010, 08:55 PM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

Kaye Soscean

Kaye's bluff seemed to be working, or maybe it was the combined distraction of the returned Breton, the continued killing of the assassin and a brainwashed Orc that kept him from being attacked. Kaye wondered for a second if he should join in again but dismissed the idea. He was already at his limit, his 'allies' were still able to hold their own and quite frankly, he was sick of both the killing and the continued lurching of the ship.

"Dammit, just what caused this mess in the first place? I simply can't see just what set everyone off to the point of murder. At least I stuck with disarming and incapacitation...can't say the same for everyone else." He muttered under his breath.
"Hmm, as long as no one attacks me and as long as the situation doesn't detoriate too far, I'll just stay right here. Gods know it was a small miracle for me being able to fight in the first place. I'm not going to push my luck."

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Aug 5 2010, 04:14 AM
Post #44

Knower
Group Icon

-----------------------------------

Cyldreen Mon'Cheri

"This is fun! It would get more interesting if your Captain appeared! A Bosmer sea-reaver against a masochistic, self-mutilating Breton! Battle of the Century, if I do say so myself!" the Man-mer laughed maniacally and dementally, while evading and block continous blows from sailors. One thrust from a dung-quality cutlass from behind made Cyldreen flail wildly, before he regained balance to swirl and meet the one who lunged.

It was the Bosmer Captain. His torso was covered in a indigo colored Brigandine with designs of golden leaves and skulls etched at the back. Most of it's buttons are opened, with a white shirt immerging. A bronze gorget cornered his entire throat, protecting him from harm.

Damn! That clothing is good quality, it's mine!

The Woodland Mer seems to glare at everyone, including the sailors. It made the latters shrunk back in fear and respect, but Cyldreen only returned the favor.

"I should've known not to trust them govermen' scum. Yer identity, I kno', spy. As with da rest of yer friends.. An Assassin, a former Fighter's Guild member.. Did ye think dat I'm a fool?" the Bosmer laughed, and all the sailors' eyes were lit in approval. But to Cyldreen, and possibly the others, it sounded like a toad singing. And it also made the Breton raised his brows. How could he have known that?

It doesn't matter now, though.

"An old fool, perhaps, but not a stupid fool! Boys, stan' back and watch how yer Captain deals with spies! Or calm down our slave, Veefy!" and with snarl more animal than a mer, he charged. Cyldreen immediately stanced into a defensive position and readied himself from the downward slash.

It never came instead, a leather boot met Cyldreen's nose. An audible crack resounded off the walls amd it sent the Breton sprawling.

Good. . . At least their attention's on me.. If that Redguard values his life, he should get out of here..

"Aww, da babay gunna crrrrry?" the Bosmer cooed sarcastically, while his sailors whooped in joy. They all chanted to break his legs and 'rip 'em a new one'. It made the Breton flash a bloodied grin. Using his Spear to lean on, he stood up and, without warning, brought the spear down. The Bosmer blocked, but even his arms can't stand the force from a veteran of spear. Then, as the Captain struggled with the weapon, Cyldreen sent his boot flying to the Captain's chin.

It required the Breton to let go of the spear, but the reward was pleasing. The bosmer backflipped once before he hit the ground on his stomach. Picking up his valued weapon, the Breton walked menacingly towards the stirring wood-elf. Grinning so wild, Cyldreen changed the way he held to that of a hunter. He licked his blood off his busted lip before throwing the spear at the Bosmer. To his horror, the nimble Captain stood up just in time and catched the spear that should've ended his life mere moments ago.

The sailors laughed in amazement, before they heard steel penetrating brain and skull. Cyldreen charged and kicked the spear, allowing gravity to his work for him. The Captain stood there, the smile remaining, with a spear sticking out at the back of his head.

"Aww, are the babies going to crryyy? Well, then, now that you're leaderless, I suppose you would behave?" then, the Breton's shoulder bounced up and down as he laughed with distorted mirth.

Their morale is probably like that of a scolded dog! With the death of their precious Captain, they will definately surrender..

This post has been edited by ureniashtram: Aug 5 2010, 04:20 AM

--------------------
--
--
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Aug 5 2010, 06:03 AM
Post #45

Agent

OOC: I'm gonna start posting from Riden's perspective and Tess' perspective, while alternating. I keep typing "I" when I'm supposed to go 3rd person.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Riden's POV

I looked at the impaled sailor and smirked. Tess screeched at the sight.

Then I noticed a Bosmer fighting the Breton.

Well well...this is a surprise. Maybe I should intervene....

Immediately, my attention went to Tess, who was still shocked and scared about the fights. She had a distinct fear of large scale battles after the Dagrukai invasion. I shook my head and smiled, "Come on Tess, help me fight off these idiots."

Then a very sharp pain rocketed through my body. I winced in pain and looked at the source. The place where I was it by the Cutlass...

Then I heard the Captain chuckling with a sickening crack, "Aww, are the babies going to crryyy?"

I turned around and saw the Captain's face impaled with his cocky smile still on his face.

"Well...that's brutal!" I yelled teasingly.

Then the First mate appeared. He was very bulky Dumner with a large steel cutlass at least half his size. With a shocked look on his face, he knelt down by the dead captain.

Then the eyes of the Dumner switched to the Breton and he raised his large cutlass, "I'll kill ya!" He screamed.

As much as I wanted the Breton to suffer, for some reason, I had a gut feeling I needed him.

"Oi, Dark Elf." I tapped on his shoulder and when he turned around, my Hidden Blade hit him square in the stomach. While he winced in pain, I did as well. We both went down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tess' POV

The sight of Riden impaling a sailor down the spine was too much for me. The bad memories came back as I started to lose control. I was always a sensitive person when it came to Riden's brutal and malicious nature but this was too much.

Then I saw something I would never live down. Riden winced in pain before going down. When I saw his figure falling to the ground, an uncontrollable rage filled me from head to toe.

Please Riden...please don't die. If anything, for the baby's sake.

I quickly rushed over and picked up a blunt club. The sight of death and blood made me very scared and the tears came back. I raised my club and tried to kill the first mate. But he opened his eyes and tripped me quickly. Before I could even fight back, he grabbed me and screamed, "Alright, get back or the lass dies!!"

I screamed at Riden to get up and then glared at the Breton, "It's your fault!!" I yelled, too scared and angry to do anything else.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: So, I'm gonna keep going. I doubt the first mate was killed since he probably was with the captain the whole time.

This post has been edited by DarkZerker: Aug 5 2010, 06:10 AM

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 6 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

Kaye Soscean

While attention had shifted away from him, Kaye felt rather exposed where he was. So he took the same solution he'd taken a few times when running from bears. He went higher or more specifically, up the mast to hide among the rigging.

Climbing the rope was harder than he'd thought, especially while still holding the sword and so he was only about halfway up when the shouting below him changed in tone. There were cries of victory, followed by cries of anguish. Kaye risked a glance over his shoulder at the deck below him.
"My gods, now he's threatening to kill the woman? Well I can't really blame him as she has been part of the killing but still...whether he kills her or not, those two guys will take it as another excuse to keep on murdering. I'd rather put an end to the bloodshed, if only I knew how. Maybe all I can do is hide up on the top of the ship." Kaye thought angrily.

He turned his face back towards his goal, just in time to receive a facefull of sail fluttering in the wind. The blow was almost enough to knock him off the rope but he held on, and got an idea in the process.
"If I get the sail to drop on top of them, I might just save everyone. It's hard to hack with a sword when you're caught under a big pile of fabrics. Besides, it's not as if I can make things any worse." He muttered to himself while a plan formed in his head. The Redguard resumed climbing, spurred on by the feeling he had to hurry.
"Ok, if I cut through the knot holding up the top of the sail, it should fly to the back like a flag. Wind's in the right direction too. Then, slide down the rope and get rid of the lower knots to drop it on the deck."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 6 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #47

Councilor
Group Icon

Nelacar

His door was barred for privacy, and his small room was dark, save for a single candle burning. Nelacar sat cross-legged on the wooden plank floor with his hands on his knees and his eyes closed. He heard commotion, and while it distracted from his meditation, he saw it as a challenge to overcome. His trainers had warned him against such a mindset, but Nelacar was used to narrowing the focus of his mind to solve a problem, not clearing or opening it. Nevertheless, it worked and the altmer found peace for a time.

He returned to his normal consciousness, only to realize that whatever was happening had intensified. He heard hard footsteps from above, along with ringing steel and loud shouts. What was happening to the ship?

He picked up his staff and sack of belongings and cautiously opened his door. The corridors below-decks were strangely empty. Nelacar moved upwards, towards the sound of fighting. He emerged, and tried to stay unnoticed while he figured out what was happening. From the looks of things, the sailors were fighting a fairly small force. Mutiny? Dissent among the crew, or a dispute with the passengers? Either way, these rebels were meddling with his transportation to Vvardenfell. He had to either help the crew or find an escape. His arrangements with the captain would be null and void if the mutineers won.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Aug 6 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #48

Knower
Group Icon

Cyldreen Mon'Cheri

The first thoughts that crossed Cyldreen's were bewilderement with a mix of amusement. From the corner of his eyes, he saw the Redguard actually climb to the mast. Cyldreen immediately saw through to what he was trying to do. He even ignored the yell Tess threw at him.

A risk taker. . Well, I just hope he knows what he's doing. We got a wounded assassin, a woman being held hostage and a brainwashed Orc who'll be back to his senses anytime soon. Hmm, that Redguard needs some time to cut the sails. And I'll but that for him.

Clearing his throat he began with a persuasive and calm voice;

"Come on, friend. Let's not get hasty with the lady, aye? We already told you what started the ruckus and we ended it! Plus, you have the power to stop this one. The power to stop lives being wasted and destroyed! Your Captain and several men lie dead at your feet! You're even wounded, for Mara's teets!" some of the sailors laughed at the last remark, but some still kept cautiousness.

"Surely you don't want the rest of the crew here to die, right? If so, lower your cutlass and release the woman." A faint smile tugged on the Breton's lips as the Dunmer thought about this. He even lowered the sword to an extent, but he still kept the quivering Tess.

"B-but, Captain Faergowthslyn tells us you were them spy. I-I don't know whats to do.. Me.. I, the Captain.. But.." the words spelled out doubt and uncertainty, and Cyldreen would be happy to remedy that.

"Do you think that letting these men die by our hand is the right thing to do? You must think about their future!" Cyldreen's voice came out crack, acting like he was crying. But it was true, most of the sailors are nothing but lads reaching their twentieth year.

". . . I suppose so." the accent of a native born in Morrowind being submissive felt rather odd to Cyldreen. Mostly because the Dunmeri have pride stronger than stone, but that was irrelevant at the moment.

"Excellent! Now, what is your name friend?" this time, he asked genuinely.

Making them feel safe towards makes it more easy to control them like a puppet.

".. Andel Shunar." the Dunmer answered with uncertainty, before fully lowering the sword and firmly pushed Tess towards the Breton. Said Breton also walked towards the woman quickfully and before she could say anything, Cyldreen walked past her but not before whispering;

"There's a room right beside the Armory. Take your lover there and lock it until this is sorted out. But before you do that, take my messenger bag.
It's near the stairs that leads to the Quarters. There's some healing potions there, and a dagger too if I remember correctly. Here's what you gotta do. Make him drink half of it, then rub the rest of it on his wounds. Now, go."

Cyldreen was afraid she wouldn't understand such words in a quick and silenced volume, but in experience, people are actually more determined and focused if one their loved ones is in danger. It also made Cyldreen want to question himself for being suddenly co-operative to the ones who tried to end his life, earlier.

I guess the saying goes: 'keep your friends close, but your enemies more closer.'

He then turned his full attention at the confused Dunmer. The cutlass was slightly raised, and Cyldreen supposes he wants to know where the Imperial is going.

"She needs to go to the resident healer, sir Shunar. Her lover's practically bleeding like a stuck pig! Anyway, I been wanting to tell you this, sir, since the ruffle started." and with that he inhaled a large breath and with a smile;

"NOW," he said it a little louder, loud enough to be heard above. "Is a good time to be a Captain of this ship. And I swear, to my father's grave, that I will cause no more trouble. Heck, I'll even help the healer!"

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Aug 6 2010, 11:32 PM
Post #49

Agent

OOC: Alright, you sweet talked a Dumner who probably was binge drinking at one point in his life smile.gif
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Riden's POV

"Ugh...Where's Tess?" I groaned. I was losing blood fast and the high amounts of action caused the blood to spill even faster.

I felt myself being picked up and carried, while a familiar voice was yelling out orders.

The Breton, never thought he was going to be my saving grace...

Then I passed out from shock and blood loss.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tess' POV(Main POV for this post)

When the Dumner released me, I felt like a massive burden was lifted off my shoulders. Even so, I found myself hating all the other passengers. When the Breton was starting to bark out orders, I felt myself wanting to scream at him for all the trouble he caused.

Instead, I gave him a sharp glare as I gently picked up Riden and gave his unconscious body a weak smile.

After walking for what seemed like the path of death, I reached the armory. I laid down Riden on a small bed and gently kissed him, "Please get better." Then I found the potions the Breton was talking about.

I hated him very much but there wasn't much of a choice. Silently, I picked up a potion and gave him half like the Breton ordered. Then, the I found the wound. It was pretty deep and the blood just started to stop. I poured the potion on the wound and surprisingly, it started to stop bleeding immediately.

I started to pace around the armory, worried about Riden and how good this trip might be for the baby. Riden grunted and I ran over to his side.

He looked over to me and smiled, "Tess?" He asked.

I was ecstatic, "Riden! You're awake!" I squeaked.

He started to get up from the bed and winced in pain. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"It still hurts when I walk." He replied back. After giving him a goodbye kiss, I headed around the inside the boat to come back. I gave up and headed back to the armory.

I yelled in frustration.

Then I heard a clunk and saw Riden with some makeshift wooden crutches. "You know, some people are trying to sleep." he said to me teasingly.

"Well sorry Mr. Sleepy."

He smiled at the joke and limped over to a small bench near a large cupboard. I went over to his side and leaned on him, "So do you think we can finance a second baby?"

"Big time, we already went through the whole 'baby' process with Soren. We know what to expect." He said. I started thinking about Soren, our...child. He's sixteen now and was taken to a small cabin for assassin training.

Riden seemed agitated for some reason. He scooted over to the cupboards and opened it curiously. I put a gentle hand on his back, "Don't exert yourself dear." I said sweetly. He nodded before opening the cupboard. My mouth dropped at what I saw.

A rack of five guns was neatly arranged. I looked at Riden and he looked like he was a child in a playroom, "Oh yeah...haven't used guns in a while."

I heard clanking outside, "The fight's still going on..." I commented. Riden nodded and limped over to the door, "Listen, these guns are VERY rare. I'm taking one since between the two of us, I've used these things quite a bit during my assassinations on a couple diplomats."

"But...you're hurt."

He smiled reassuringly at me, "Don't worry about it Tess. I'll just stay back and fire some potshots with it. It's not the most accurate and I'm not the best shot but it's pretty darn strong."

I reluctantly nodded and threw him a pistol. "Take the rest with you Tess. The others will need them."

This post has been edited by DarkZerker: Jan 24 2011, 06:18 AM

--------------------

-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 7 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

Kaye Soscean

Kaye was gasping for breath by the time he reached the top of the mast.
"I'm too old for this nonsense." He whispered, shaking his head. He hadn't dared to look down once, not since he noticed the hostage situation. At this point, he didn't look down either. He would simply do what he came to do and then hope for the best. He secured himself as best as he could and swung just below the knot holding up the sail. The thick rope did not give way easily, becoming ragged and torn with each blow but still surviving by a few strands.
"Ugh, I can't reach properly with my left arm." Kaye thought and winced in anticipation while switching hands.
"This is gonna hurt."

At the last blow, the rope finally gave way and the sail was cut loose, flying out in the wind. THe Redguard grit his teeth as he slid down his own rope, not stopping when he reached the bottom, but using the momentum of his own descent to drive the sword into and through the lower rigging. Now freed from all support, the sail fell flat on the deck, and so did Kaye.
"Agh, ropeburn! That's it, I've had it. I'm not going to move a single muscle here! Anything else comes up, they can solve it themselves."

--------------------
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Aug 7 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #51

Agent

Tess' POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I headed to the upper decks and glanced behind me occasionally. Riden was following me pretty well considering he was hit square in the chest with a steel blade.

When I ran into the decks I saw the Redguard downed with the sails. "Hey! Where's the Breton?" I yelled. Riden took his position near the stern of the ship and fumbled around with the gun. I had my hands full trying to carry four large metal pistols, with nobody to use them.

I sighed and threw one at the Redguard, "Here! Figure out how to use it. I sure as heck don't know."

--------------------

-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Aug 7 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #52

Knower
Group Icon

Cyldreen Mon'Cheri

A large thud erupted, followed by the large sail ensnaring the whole of the sailors. Although Cyldreen was out of reach for the sail, so did the First-Mate turned Captain, Shunar.

"What, in the blue Cockroache's teets, is going on?" the frustration and a hint of betrayal was evident on the Dunmer's raspy voice, before his throat was ripped by a slash from the Breton's cutlass.

Then, the spy heard Tess' yell.

He spunned around and saw her cradling some rather familiar mechanisms. The Assassin was also wielding a long stick, with a smirk on his face. Realization punched the Breton hard on the face.

Guns! And flintlocks at that! This trip is getting more and more intruiging!

"Hey, down here! Pass that.. what was that word again, oh yes. Pass that .. p-pistol to me! Quick! Before the idiots escapes the sail!" he couldn't keep the anticipation on his voice, and he didn't care either. This is going to be the Breton's second time using such powerful weapons. Kicking the corpse away, he walked towards the stern to get a better catch.

This post has been edited by ureniashtram: Aug 7 2010, 09:49 PM

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Aug 7 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #53

Agent

Tess' POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personally, I still despised that Breton and wanted him dead, but apparently, Riden trusts him enough, or is desperate enough to fight alongside him. What the heck.

"Here!" I yelled and tossed one of the pistols at him. About that time, I ran over to Riden's side and saw the Breton and Riden both at the stern.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Riden's POV

I fumbled around with the gun and finally got a good grip on it. After checking out if the barrel was properly maintained or not, I saw Tess trying hard to even reloading it. She threw the gun down and pouted like a little kid.

I laughed, "Here Tess, first you grip it like this..." I said, directing her hands to the pistol. Soon enough, she seemed to know how to fire it. At least, somewhat.

"Hey Breton, do you know how to use that thing?" I asked, trying to get at least three people armed with a gun.

--------------------

-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 7 2010, 10:24 PM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

Kaye Soscean

Something clattered on the deck near him and skidded along to stop close to his head. Kaye groaned as he twisted his aching neck to look at the strange object. It was like a mixture of wood, metal and ornamental bronze. Two small bags dangled from a loop at the back.

Kaye reached out and picked it up, groaning some more as he did so. The fall had been relatively slow and softened somewhat by landing on the edge of the sail but it had still been painful. With the pistol now in his hands, he discovered that the thinnest end had an opening, showing him that it was hollow. Then, near the other end where the wood curved into a smooth grip there was a moving mechanism mounted, snaking along the handle's side and ending in a small clamp suspended over a second opening.

"What the hell is this thing?" Kaye muttered, ignoring everything else. Most likely people were about to die around him again but he no longer cared to try and stop events from unfolding. Focussing all his attention on the two bags, he unhooked them from the strange item. One had a special snout not unlike a pepperpot he'd once seen in a fancy tavern for upper-class people. THe other contained small balls of a metallic material. Finally, the second bag also contained a small piece of flint.

"so....this is some sort of metal knucklebones for gambling, a pepperpot *sniff*, that does not contain pepper, a really fancy hammer and a bit of flint. And I'm supposed to use this for what?" He muttered. By means of experiment, he sprinkled some of the powder from the 'pepperpot' on the deck. It was black and not something he was familiar with. He dropped one of the small spheres on it. Nothing. Next, stricken by inspiration, he took both the piece of flint and another of the balls.
"If I'm supposed to make sparks with these things, something easier to hold would be nice." He muttered as he struck both against each other. A solitary spark descended from his hands onto the powder, which promptly evaporated in a flash and a loud crack.
"Woah! Nearly lost my fingers there! Well that explains what I can use the powder, the iron and the flint for. But it doesn't tell me how to use the big thing."
Kaye fumbled with the clamp mechanism. It moved rather stiffly under his finger but when he manipulated the other end, the clamp snapped down to the opening fast enough to kill a fly.
"Oh, I see. It's a flint sparkmaking device....for those who don't know how to strike sparks with their hands, I guess....Mount the flint within the clamp, sprinkle some powder in the gap and presto, one smoke and noise device. Looks like it could be mighty fun at parties, but wouldn't those three be more interested in weapons?"

OOC: Obviously, never saw a gun before. Also, I'm basing the description on my recollections of a very old book I read back when I was young. Young as in 'puberty, what's that?' young. Please correct me if I went wrong somewhere.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Aug 7 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #55

Knower
Group Icon

Cyldreen Mon'Cheri

Cyldreen hastily snatched the pistol and caressed it affectionately. He even moaned in delight. Shaking himself from his euphoric trance, he looked at the Assassin and the woman.

He snorted.

"You wouldn't believe how many morons I killed using rifles. And that blunderbuss your wielding, effective at close-up assaults. I even used it on a mill, and it blew the damned roof!" his tone became dreamy and childish, like reminiscing about candies.

". . .Or is that a rifle? My memory is like a mist concerning these things. Anyway, ranting about guns and whatnot is irrelevant. My name is Cyldreen the Pain-Lover and I ask you, will we waste precious bullets on this ruffians or are we going to lock 'em up in the cages?" the animosity in his tone was gone, replaced by genuinity and honesty.

"Your choice, assassin."

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Aug 7 2010, 11:49 PM
Post #56

Agent

Tess' POV

I'm not one to be very angry but Cyldreen is killing me. "You know, you don't have to rub everything in our faces!" I yelled.

Riden poked my side gently to get my attention, "Yes?" I asked, my voice turning back to normal.

He hugged me affectionately and pushed me down to my perch softly, grunting from the pain of the newly treated wound, "Come on Tess, keep your eyes on the sailors."

I grumbled and went next to Riden. He grunted and got up from his own position, "Redguard! You got half of it right, now stuff the metal balls with the black powder into the barrel, then pull the trigger! It'll shoot the balls at lightning fast speeds."

He sighed and got back to the position, "Cyldreen, I've used some of these weapons many times before. Or have you not heard of the "Diplomat killed by Metal Staff of Invisible magics." He said, laughing at the name for the rifle.

I got my tone under control and spoke to Cyldreen, holding back my will to attack him, "Just...lock them up." I said before Riden replied, "Tess, you think they even know what these things are?"

"Line them up and shoot one or two for an example, then spare the ones that are smart enough to surrender. Kill the idiots."

I almost started shaking again to think about killing more people, "Wait, can't we come up with an idea that doesn't involve murdering the remaining sailors?" I quickly said, eying Cyldreen and Riden.

--------------------

-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Aug 8 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #57

Knower
Group Icon

Cyldreen Mon'Cheri

The Breton stopped what he was doing, mainly loading some bullets into his pistol, and turned to look at the Assassin. Killing the diplomat of Arenthia by using a rifle? Normally, Cyldreen would've scoffed if somebody told him he killed an important figure of the Valenwood politics and got away with it, but if an Assassin who has an rare Hidden-Blade, skills more than a match for an experienced spy then the Breton would've told them to 'allow myself to buy you a drink'.

Wait. The one who assassinated that diplomat was captured. If he's refering to the person in 'Diplomat killed by Metal Staff of Invisible magics,' [i]then he's good.

"Line them up and shoot one or two for an example, then spare the ones that are smart enough to surrender. Kill the idiots." the Imperial barked. For a second, Cyldreen contemplated saying some colorful words to him about authority, but nonetheless complied. He didn't refrained from saying smart comments though.

"Oh, yes, of course. Would m'Lord like some of them to bend over and shoot them in their backside?" he kept his voice soft and genuine, while at the same time sarcastic.

Some of the sailors were still trying to wriggle out of the sail, and grinning like an idiot, Cyldreen shot him. He didn't see where it hit the sailor, but judging from the pained gasp, it looked like a liver detoriated. Seconds, later he fell.

"Anybody moves, and they meet the same fate as this fish lover! So, I advice you to calm down and stand still." then, with a satisfied nod to himself, he turned to the Assassin.

"What now? Do you wan-," a thunderous roar erupted and all eyes glanced at Cyldreen's back. Then, some of the sailors yelped in suprise and horror. The breton closed his brown orbs and glanced at the sailors.

Veefnir regarded the spy with a malicious grin, and with another blood-curdling scream, charged.

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
DarkZerker
post Aug 8 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #58

Agent

Riden's POV

I aimed my gun at the charging Orc's head. Moving targets weren't my specialty as these guns are very inaccurate. But before I could even focus the gun's sights on the Orc's head, a searing pain erupted from my chest and I fell. Tess rushed to me and kept asking me, "are you okay?"

I nodded and gestured to Tess' gun, "Kill him...kill the Orc. You can do it Tess, just follow what I taught you."

I smiled at her and groaned in pain. She seemed scared but picked up the metal pistol and aimed down the sights....

Tess' POV

I have to do this...please let me make my mark...

I trembled and my hands started to shake. Instead of aiming down the sights like Riden taught me, I looked at the Orc's bloodthirsty eyes.

My mind started to visualize the town of Aleswell burnt down to the ground. It's been sixteen years since the attack on Aleswell by the Orcs but it still haunts my mind whenever I see an attacking Orc. I switched from my scared demeanor to anger immediately. With a small tug on the trigger, it met its mark on the Orc's leg.

Then when it was down, I picked up a small war hammer and started to bash the downed Orc over and over again, tears dripping down.

Riden noticed me and limped over. He pulled me into a loving embrace while I quietly sobbed. "It's alright," he said smoothly and gestured to the Breton.

"Finish off the idiots here." he commanded roughly.

--------------------

-A wise sage.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 8 2010, 08:15 AM
Post #59

Councilor
Group Icon

Nelacar

Nelacar watched from behind a pile of crates as the sail fell, covering the crew in heavy canvas. It caused enough confusion to put the mutineers in control. They had guns now, too. He had seen the devices before, but looked down upon them. They were a coward's tool, an item with the power to kill without thought or skill. Still, they could be devastating.

The altmer looked for an escape, but found none. The ship was too far from shore to swim, and to reach the longboats he would be forced to make himself known.

No other choice, I guess.

He heard the imperial's order and stepped out into the open.

"You'd have them all killed then? To what end?" he leaned on his staff, looking casual, but was really planning his best route to the boats.

There were only four in his way. A middle-aged redguard, a breton with a glimmer of insanity in his eyes, a cruel assassin, and his crying lover. The guns would make it difficult, but if he was fast enough, he might be able to get by.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 8 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

Kaye Soscean

Kaye frowned.
"So it was a weapon. I thought as much." He growled and tossed the pistol across the deck.

"You'd have them all killed then? To what end?" Kaye looked up at the unfamiliar voice, seeing an Altmer he was sure he'd seen once or twice before, but only in passing.
"Please sir, don't get yourself involved, for your own good. These people don't seem to know the meaning of the word restraint. You'll just end up crippled for life, and that's if you're lucky." He answered and shook his head.
"But the Altmer is right, you know? You won already. Heck, you could have prevented this whole massacre in the first place. If only you had looked for words instead of..." He gestured at the discarded pistol and spat.
"Tools for murder."

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:45 AM