+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 20 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #2

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Aug 20 2007, 03:26 PM) *

Amrita

Amrita knew all about the rift that had been building between Rann and the duo of Satyana and Issac. Hell, they had gotten into it when it first came up so badly that they didn't even notice her sitting in the tavern.

Hmm... perhaps it's time for me to try and look good once again...

She approached Issac and Satyana. "Could I speak with you two privately?" she asked then quietly, but in a serious tone.

Satyana

She rose an eyebrow when hearing Amrita wanting to talk to her...and Issac.

What does she want? If she´s coming on to Issac I will just kill her....with no hesitation...no mercy!

"Ok dear lost sister....we are all ears"

Satyana grasped Issac´s hand and held it hard....

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 20 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Amrita

Amrita led the two along till she felt they could talk privately. As she walked she thought of the most appropriate way to discuss this. She turned around and faced the two, a slightly concerned look on her face.

"Listen you two, you may not have noticed, but I was in the barroom when you two and Rann first started arguing. I heard the entire thing. And since I get the impression that Rann feels that he's adamently betrayed by you two and your conspiracy theory, if you're looking to resolve the issue the apology will have to be done by you two. Rann's too stubborn, especially when he thinks his opposition's view is complete ludacris," she fixed Satyana with an understanding look, "I know you definitely want to be in Rann's good graces once again and admitting your fault in the situation would do that... Well that is if you're sincere about it."

This post has been edited by The Metal Mallet: Aug 20 2007, 10:39 PM

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 20 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #4

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Satyana

She looked at her sister...wondering how she could know so much about Rann and what really happened...

"I...I am not very keen on apologizing for something I did not do! I haven´t conspired against Rann! Not to my knowledge anyway! She looked at Issac....

"What is this all about?"

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 20 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Issac

He explained calmly, "Rann is angry at us because we don't trust Altair. And because Rann trusts him blindly, he takes it as a personal affront. And then he won't stop holding it over us that we wanted Soldin to fight with us against Mannimarco."

Issac finished, "Rann isn't going to forgive us for Soldin, we've already apologized. And I personally doubt we'll have anymore luck with apologizing about Altair."
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 21 2007, 03:38 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Amrita

It was difficult to not roll her eyes at Satyana's reaction, yet she managed to keep the same expression she had. Is she really this oblivious to what's going on around her? Gods!

"I think you're underestimating Rann's ability to forgive. This Soldin you speak of must've only passed away recently so obviously he's still hurt by the loss. This whole Altair debacle doesn't help the situation. Personally this doesn't sound like something that should've been secret anyways. Your supposed to be a party right? Then why don't you address these issues to the group, get the opinion of everyone and not try to act all shady. It basically shows you distrust the other members of the group," she paused to make sure they were paying attention.

"But yes, about Rann. I'm sure if I was present during the apology, I could find a way to show him that you two are being sincere."

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 21 2007, 04:04 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Issac

"With all due respect, Amrita, we've spent the last few months with Rann, and you've only known any one of us for less than a week." He replied cooly. "He hasn't ever hesitated to cast blame on someone, or complain about how much this whole walk through Oblivion has been hell. Frankly, I'm tired of Rann, I will not lay down on my knees and beg for him to stop hanging things over our heads."

Issac went silent, then continued. "If he wants to blame us then fine; if he would rather spend time with a minipulative politician, then we don't have to ruin the air he breathes." The Altmer rose, "Thanks, but no thanks, Amrita."
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 21 2007, 04:32 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Amrita

"Talk about being hypocritical! You're acting the same way he does!" Amrita said incredulously.

"You wanna know something about politicians, Issac? They're all manipulative! Every. Single. One. Of. Them!" she said, emphasizing each word, "That's how they function! That's there's purpose in order to gain favour with the public. It's the ones who lie and make false promises that are the ones you need to look out for. And what exactly has Altair done in order to warrant such distrust? From what I understand he wishes to instate a democracy. This Empire needs something drastic to try to sway things back towards a positive direction; it certainly didn't appear to be happening with Ocato in power," she said as she took a moment to compose herself.

"Honestly, it almost appears as if you two are the ones being manipulated here. So far, Altair and his accomplish have been fighting and bleeding and supporting us in order to defeat this Silhouette thing. Whoever has provided you with whatever information that tarnishes Altair's character knew it would cause a rift between this party and weaken it because of that. Seriously, the war effort at the moment could be doing much better if we could work together instead of bickering amongst each other!"

Issac certainly did appear to be just as stubborn as Rann since he was sticking to an ideal that seemed far more ludicrous than what was being shown by Voltar and Altair. Even though there was actually some truth to Issac's side, it just didn't appear to be sufficient evidence that he could prove his point. Amrita felt that she at least needed Issac to admit that it would be difficult to next to impossible for Issac to convince the others that Altair was not what he appeared to be. That his quest to do so was hopeless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 21 2007, 05:08 AM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

After Aerona healed him, he sat down, still leaning against the wall, deciding to get a bit of rest before the next inevitable battle came their way. He didn't respond to Voltar's continued complaining about the water as he was a bit more interested in the private conversation among Issac and his sisters, watching them go with a bit of curiosity. From their gestures he guessed that it was a bit of an argumentative exchange of words, and he thought he heard his name more than once.

"So what are we doing now that we've all trapped ourselves?" he asked, deciding to put his mind in a different direction, "I don't think we have any sort of leadership with Arastus out there, and only the gods know if he's even alive."

He wasn't addressing anyone in particular, but he assumed that Flogir would be the most responsive because of his military background.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 21 2007, 05:18 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir looked towards the walls, where the sounds of battle still were head over the high walls protecting them. He sighed at Rann's comments.

"I pray to the Nine that Astratus still lives. The loss of him could prove to be a serious blow to the Morrowind Army's morale. He had actually been doing quite well recently with keeping the spirits of the soldiers up," he paused and made a gesture in prayer for the safety of the Commander.

"As for the current situation. It appears that the Brumans have set up a solid defensible position along these walls. I suggest we figure out a way to keep that lizard thing from hopping over the walls and opening the door again though. I have a feeling only siege weapons could possibly hurt that thing, next to magic or covering it in oil and lighting that beast on fire that is..."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 21 2007, 06:09 AM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Issac

It did occur to him that he appeared to be very alike Rann at the moment, but right now he was through with this bickering, hell, he'd been playing mediator for far too long. He spotted several flashes of light in his periphery, looking over Issac spotted the Narza'Tai spellcasters.

"If anyone needs me, I'll be with them." He said, leaving the group and marching in the direction of the fighting.

Ian and Karn, battlements

The Narza'Tai were scattered on rooftops and the top of the stone walls separating Green Emporer Way from Talos Plaza. Arrows and magic struck again and again at the tide of undead and the Silhoutte's army. Ian jumped down from the battlements to deal more damage at close range with his wrist blades, while Karn remained above, unleashing walls of bound shurikan.

The defenders managed to keep nothing undead, or unfriendly, at least twenty feet from the gates of Green Emporer Way. Still, in spite of all the success they were enjoying, they were weakening. The mages didn't have the liberty to squander their magicka for the sake of burning a group of corpses.
As another wave of undead were thrown at the gates, Ian was forced to retreat back to the battlements to avoid being swamped. As assassin groups on the rooftops were approached by undead from below, they were given no choice but to flee to safety.

"This is a dire situation....." The vampire breathed as the dead overtook half of the Narza'Tai's rooftop positions.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 21 2007, 06:18 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Flint Ironwood.

Flint finally managed to see something. What he saw didn't please him though.
,,You." He croaked.

Green-Root sniffed.
,,Why, hello to you too." He hissed amiably.
,,These Narza'tai are truly something, aren't they? Whisked you away from that demigod and put you right in our lap. Now hold still, the healers are trying to mend your legs. Don't worry, we'll have all the time in the world for a friendly chat later." He added and walked away.

,,Someone you know?" Vasha asked. The Argonian shrugged.
,,Something like that."

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Aug 21 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

Dalrus, Green Emperor Way

"I think if the Morrowind commander dies, the Bruma commander or one of us should take command of it. Whoever seems to fit with the position better," she said, answering Rann's question. She was exausted, dodging and running while fireing magic could be quite draining. She laid her head on Rann's shoulder and closed her eyes, though she was just resting them. "I just hope this gate holds," she said to no one in particular.

The Green Emperor Way had calmed down a tad. Most people who retreated there, that were not soldiers ran to other parts of the city to lodge in some of the houses that had been evacuated. About half the cities population had agreed to evacuate, others had remained there, which meant there were still hundreds of thousands of people in the city.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 21 2007, 04:32 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Plys'Iea

He had seen Mannimarco sinking into the floor, that left little doubt in his mind that the necromancer had escaped the collapsing structure. With that in mind, the alien pushed to aid the werewolves he'd abandoned minutes ago.

Two had been overtaken by the undead, leaving twelve still fighting. As he fought, the Plys'Iea recalled Mannimarco's words about zombies being less grotesque than vampires. On the contrary, the alien perfered the diseased men and mer over the products of necromancy.
Even if their bodies were partly dead, they were still men inside. The zombies were just churned out as cannon fodder, the vampires didn't use other bodies, only their own. No, they may be diseased, but they are warriors. Zombies are just rotted flesh and a single-minded urge for killing others.

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 21 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann was glad of Dalrus's company, especially since she was one of the few he still trusted. He put his arm around her while she rested, and after voicing her final comment, Rann replied internally.

It won't.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 21 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Amrita

Amrita frowned at Issac as he simply left the conversation, he barely seemed to listen to her words.

Very much like Rann indeed. The prick!

She turned her attention back to her sister. "You understand what I'm saying don't you, sister? Don't you want to have Rann pay attention to you and not scorn you? I hope this doesn't offends you, but Issac seems to have a hard time listening to reason. Who exactly told you this misguided information anyways?"

Well if Issac can't be swayed right now, I will certainly try to sway Satyana. Her desire to have Rann back in her good graces should help her change her opinion on things...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 21 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

So it would be those you've named versus (with certainty) Karn, Ian, Issac, Green-Root, the Narza'Tai, and Tenek (if he posts soon). And I am struck by the fact that most of these are my characters........ But I wonder if the vets from the old RP will take the initiative (Rahvin being in Sadril must have seen Veric change at least once, right?)

+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Aug 22 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Astratus

Visions of a frosty land and the Daedra lord Hircine filled Astratus's mind. He tried to shake them, but they would move to different parts of his mind and take over. He stumbled into the right flank of his unit, still carrying the cause, showing himself that he retained some sense. He brushed away a healer that approached him and walked back to the gate that was under attack. He saw Karn there, and Ian, and knew that he couldn't get their attention by sound. He scoured the crowd and saw the man without eyes, with one of those Narza'Tai, fighting off two werewolves. Without thinking he jumped from atop the wall he had climbed and landed on one werewolf, slapping it against the cobblestone.

When Astratus slit the throat of the first werewolf, the second bit down on Astratus's weakened shoulder, but recoiled and seemed to spit. Patholos saw this and gasped, but Astratus quickly disemboweled the werewolf. Patholos put on a blank visage, and the Narza'Tai healer whispered, "Werewolf..." Ashamed, Astratus said, "I could not help it, arrange a meeting with Karn and, and, and that....vampire. I need to speak with them." Astratus turned away and then emptied his stomach on the pavement.

He followed Patholos back to an underground part of the sewer. He wasn't looked at or even attended to. Apparently, no one had the cure for Lupis around, and Astratus's hopes looked grim. He had 48 hours to go before he was a werewolf. Suddenly, Astratus began to cry, and fell back against his chair with deep sobbing heaves. Patholos watched without expression and the Narza'Tai healer left the room. The only thing Patholos said was, "Commander. There are more important things at hand..." And he went to go get Karn.

Astratus pounded his fists into the masonry in the sewers, and felt his muscles bulge and his mind cloud with the makings of the disease.

Mannimarco
OOC: BTW, a storm is coming, Massive...

A sudden change in air pressure began to signal Mannimarco that a storm was coming. He sniffed the smell of rain, and he looked around from his vantage point on a ruined stable. His energy was low, so he needed to fight his battles more carefully. He watched the giant lizard wreak havoc on the soldiers, and wondered, "How can something so massive, be bent to a mere wizard's will? The Silhouette has him hooked, and when he is unnecessary, he will be exterminated, because he is a threat. I am right or Mehrunes can have my soul!" On this rare occassion, Mannimarco chuckled, and it was a deep, almost soothing laugh, something unexpected from a man of his deeds.

Sighing, Mannimarco felt around for his dead. He was startled to feel most of the corpses were being "incapacitated" or, put out of comission. Mannimarco decided to take a chance and communicate with the vampires fighting for the Silhouette. At least, with their flesh. Mannimarco knew that if that giant lizard found him again, within the next couple of hours, he would not have the power to kill or even evade him. It would be the pits of Oblivion, and he would not accept that.

The vampires were fighting together, and it was strange indeed. The soldiers that were fighting them didn't get within four or five feet. The one or two soldiers that were bit every now and then were immediately cut down by their allies, and strangely, the soldier being killed did not die with spite, Mannimarco felt them leaving Nirm satiated. Mannimarco could not control the forty or so vampires there, but he could make them weaker, or even incapacitated.

Grinning and reciting the powerful magic, he made the vampire's legs relaxed, and he watched the vampires fall victim to the blades of the Morrowind Army.

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
- Sun Tzu

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 22 2007, 05:46 AM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann sat there for a long moment, with Dalrus resting on his shoulder. In the silence around him, he found time to think.

If Arastus died, then someone would have to take leadership permanently, as Dalrus had already said. But what if there was an attack at that very moment? The entire army would be leaderless and unorganized. Someone was needed now, if it was only a temporary position.

"What about you, Flogir?" he asked suddenly, "You were a soldier, you know military tactics, and you know that we won't hold here without a leader."

His mind suddenly went back to the woods, where he had started to take leadership of the group but relinquished it in favor of being stubborn. He was glad that Flogir wasn't like he was; there were people's lives at stake here.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 22 2007, 06:10 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Karn and Ian

Most of the positions were now owned by undead or the Silhoutte's forces. Now all of the ranged defenders were one the walls of Talos Plaza. While the 'Tai continued to bombard the invaders, Karn turned to see Patholos approach, Ian glanced at the pale Dunmer.

The sensei immediately recognized that his second had gotten his eyes back, to which he gave an inquisitive look. "What is it, Patholos?"
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:43 PM