Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you wearing? What are you wielding?
Vital
post Feb 23 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

What the title says. What are your characters wearing? What are they wielding? Feel free to post for characters from other TES games as well. I didn't see a thread like this so I thought I'd make a new topic for it.

Do'Shakir, before his recent demise, was wearing full leather (no helmet) and wielded an iron longsword and steel bow with iron arrows. He also kept a silver short sword handy for those pesky ghosts.

EDIT: Moved Ravos to the newly created Skyrim version of this thread.

This post has been edited by Vital: Feb 24 2014, 12:39 AM

--------------------
I'll probably disappear for a minimum of 10 minutes after this post..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 23 2014, 11:04 PM
Post #2

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Me thinks we should just post Oblivion characters here, but who am I to say...? tongue.gif

Well, Lothran always wears Saviour´s Hide together with enchanted leather greaves and boots and in the winter he wears fur enchanted to resist Frost. What weapons he wields varies all the time, but his two constant backups are Dark Dagger during summer (enchanted to do Health Damage) and in the Jeralls it´s Snowflake, an Elven dagger enchanted to do Frost Damage. Snowflake was btw a gift from Buffy smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Vital
post Feb 23 2014, 11:10 PM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 24 2014, 09:04 AM) *

Me thinks we should just post Oblivion characters here, but who am I to say...? tongue.gif

You're probably right but I couldn't be bothered to make or for skyrim and one for oblviovion tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 23 2014, 11:36 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

This is a fun idea. I think we could use another one for Sky as well (the more the merrier!)

For now I will just keep it to my most recent Oblivion characters.

Aela wears the Road Rogue Outfit. Her staff uses meshes and textures I took from Armamentarium Staffs, then recolored and created my own staff.

Astarte wears the Silverlight Armor - Mailed version. She also uses the vanilla silver greatsword.

Devana usually wears Silverlight Black and Red retexture, and uses Nico's Dreadweave Bow. However, sometimes she likes to go out exploring in just vanilla leather armor and an iron bow

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 24 2014, 12:11 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 23 2014, 05:36 PM) *

This is a fun idea.

Totally! Good one, Vital

Here is Lady Saga. You can click on that thumbnail to enlarge it I think.

IPB Image

She's a bit more suited up than usual, and all of the gear listed below (except the Forest Friend amulet) was found by her from dungeoneering, she didn't buy a piece of it. It's ironic too because right now she barely has any gold.

WEARING
Helm of Power: steel helm with +15 Magica This is over-the-top for Saga, she usually doesn't wear heavy armor, nor does she prefer wearing helmets at all. But she just found this one and can't resist having that extra magic. She'll probably sell this piece once she gets to Bravil, though.

Weaponward Cuirass: leather armor with 9% weapon resistance. She also wears leather bracers, boots, and greaves.

Jewelry: Forest Friend Amulet (makes a lot of vanilla creatures non-hostile and also bumps Magicka up 20 pts.), Necklace of the Sea (water breathing)

WIELDING: Silver Bow and Silver Mace. Good old silver. Can't go wrong. Saga actually prefers silver over enchanted.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Feb 24 2014, 12:50 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 24 2014, 12:46 AM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Good lord Aela and Devana are attractive. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vital
post Feb 24 2014, 01:00 AM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Subrosa, all your characters look great! I love Alea's staff and Astarte's Silverlight armor is immense!

Renee, Lady Saga looks awesome in her leather armour. I can tell from her look that she would be at home in the forests.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 24 2014, 02:51 AM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vital @ Feb 23 2014, 07:00 PM) *

Renee, Lady Saga looks awesome in her leather armour. I can tell from her look that she would be at home in the forests.

Oh yes, that's what she's all about, although right now she's doing Mage's Guild recommendations so she's spending a bit more time than usual in the towns & villages. biggrin.gif

Here is a townie pic of her.

IPB Image

I'm not sure offhand what she's wearing, but she typically does inexpensive Earth tone clothing in her downtime.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 24 2014, 08:45 AM
Post #9

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Saga looks good but she reminds me of Princess Grumpy... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Giedrius911G
post Feb 24 2014, 02:00 PM
Post #10

Retainer

I'm so attractive in Oblivion. laugh.gif
IPB Image

This post has been edited by Giedrius911G: Feb 24 2014, 02:03 PM

--------------------
Oblivion looks best without Bloom and HDR.
Don't forget to turn them OFF realistic colors.

Add me on PSN: Giedrius911G
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 24 2014, 03:18 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 24 2014, 02:45 AM) *

Saga looks good but she reminds me of Princess Grumpy... biggrin.gif

Yeah, that's one thing. Her new face looks rather sad. I had to create her by looking at her pics from Xbox (couldn't figure out how to import her so I had to start from scratch) and I did my best, but the 'new' Saga looks rather sad.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 24 2014, 03:50 PM
Post #12

Paladin
Group Icon

Great shots, everyone! And welcome to Giedrius.

Buffy’s wardrobe is massive. For adventurewear, she tends to prefer an eclectic mix of buckskin, silk and occasionally some light metal of some sort. She is armed with some potent spells and one of several powerful bows.

Heres a very typical shot of what she might wear out in the forest - Taking a break.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 24 2014, 04:55 PM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

Welcome, Giedrius! smile.gif

Ooo, that’s one of my very favorite Buffy ensembles. happy.gif

Lildereth often wears the Roadstroker’s Rogue set while she’s out adventuring. The brown shirt and blacksmith pants are another favorite outfit. She is a stealth archer and illusionist, so she has no real need for armor. In snow or a cold rain she’ll put on a cloak, and in a warm rain she’ll wear the huntsman outfit or less. Lil favors skirts and dresses for town wear, not too fancy and green if she has a choice. She travels light so she usually only has one or two city outfits with her. She wears a necklace enchanted with Frost Shield. It was a gift from Jerric. The effect isn’t enough to turn a blade, but it keeps her from freezing or hurting her feet on the rocks while playing in the water. She also wears the Ring of the Vipereye (Fort. Agility 5 and Resist Magic 7%) and an unenchanted ring with a green stone in it.

Lil’s bow Shimai is the Robin of Locksley bow. It’s unenchanted. Lil doesn’t carry a melee weapon. If the bad guys get that close she spends all of her efforts on getting away. She carries silver arrows but usually uses steel.

Oops, I was going to post Lil’s Skyrim gear here too since she’s the same character, but I’ll put that part in the new thread. Great idea, Vital! I enjoy reading about other characters’ choices.

--------------------
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Feb 24 2014, 06:29 PM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

Well currently armour-wise, Eilidh is mixing and matching with this:
Front
Back

Casual-wise she currently favours this: Dress even though it's perhaps a little less classy than her other clothes...

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 24 2014, 06:29 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Currently I'm playing Julian, and she is back in her leather gear that saw so much use in OHDH. She is carrying a steel shortsword, but I'm sure she'll be glad to exchange it for the katana once she joins the Blades. She is also carrying a steel bow, but has a small collection of bone arrows that do more damage for less weight. All this will change without advance notice!

This is the first time I ran through the tutorial dungeon with all the mods, and I'll have to say it's quite a different experience. For starters, the arrows do much less damage than we're accustomed to. Partly it's because I am playing at the default setting, but Julian is so frustrated that it takes six, SIX arrows to down a measly Goblin peon from a sneak attack. We are looking for ways to give those arrows a bit more punch, but Julian is also keeping an eye out for a stronger bow. Tallei got a Black Bow and has been happy with that one, so Julian may like it when she heads down Leyawiin way. But with the TIE mod and the difficulty setting, things are turning out to be very different. On the plus side, she is racking up her blade and block skills so fast.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 24 2014, 07:02 PM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

So many characters, so many choices!

But there are a few generic preferences. Since you can enchant clothing to provide magical defence, many, if not most, of my characters do so. My "Orc with a Battleaxe" character wears leather boots, laced leather pants, and doesn't bother with a shirt or hat/helm. That still means two ring slots, an amulet slot and two clothing slots for frost/fire/shock shield and the Transcendent Sigil Stone variety only needs three of those for 75% armor rating. Blossom, his female counterpart with the more dainty one-handed axe, used reflect damage and spell enchantments to get her defence another way. Her velvet dresses and shoes didn't get enchanted at all.

My mages generally dutifully wear their assigned robes while they're doing the guild quests, and then find something more fashionable to enchant after they graduate. Half the members in the city guildhalls wear "civilian" clothes, too, so it seems appropriate.

Archers all agree on lightweight and sneaky stuff, and several of them carry the Bow of the Mongolian Horseman just because it looks like a real bow. I usually have them decide what existing bow's stats they like, and then substitute the model for their game only.

Clark wears Green Finery from the Shivering Isles, and gets his defence from reflect enchantments (such as the Escutcheon of Chorrol and Ring of the Iron Fist). He's usually got a companion to help with the offence, but he'll use a shortsword when it gets close.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Giedrius911G
post Feb 24 2014, 11:23 PM
Post #17

Retainer

Thanks for such a warm welcome,dear friends. Your forum is realy nice.
Btw, Am I the only one, who thinks Scar-Tail is the best looking argonian in the game?
IPB Image

--------------------
Oblivion looks best without Bloom and HDR.
Don't forget to turn them OFF realistic colors.

Add me on PSN: Giedrius911G
+Quote Post
Vital
post Feb 25 2014, 12:10 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

Thanks for sharing everyone biggrin.gif and welcome to Giesdrius! Some great characters being described/shown. It's interesting how much you can tell about a character by the armor they wear and the weapon they use.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 25 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

Giedrius911g: I think the best-looking Argonian is Ocheva from the Dark Brotherhood.

Vital: you are so right. Every character's choices with wearing & wielding are so individualized.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 26 2014, 01:11 AM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Agreed, RGIV. Julian's choices of armor and weapons reflect her Legion training combined with her circumstances (weakened body, lowered encumbrance) which has forced her into the light armor path. Naturally, by the end of the MQ, she much prefers the light stuff! No more plate for her, no matter how glamorous (even the Blades armor doesn't appeal to her as it once did). She still relies on the slim, practical lightweight katana, and at the end is carrying Valdemar's unenchanted Ancient Katana from Sancre Tor.

Tallei, on the other hand, just can't get used to armor. When she must wear something, it's the Nightblade Armor she stripped from a female Nightblade Assassin who had the misfortune to tangle with her Summoned Bear on the road. She waves around a steel shortsword, but doesn't really know how to use it. No boards for her, she has not yet learned to block. She has a hard time with the bow, and at this point she is pretty much weaponless. Maybe someday she'll learn the bound sword spell . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:56 AM