255 Pages V « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
McBadgere
post Dec 27 2012, 09:30 PM
Post #301

Councilor
Group Icon

Assassin's Creed III...Which contains one of the coolest twists of the series so far...I can honestly say I didn't see that coming...A very pleasant surprise indeed... biggrin.gif ...

A truly excellent and immersive game...And one which I've barely started on... biggrin.gif ...

Phew, think I got away with that one...Yes...*Walks away quietly*...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Dec 28 2012, 01:42 AM
Post #302

Ancient
Group Icon

I'm not reading a novel but I've been looking through a Ripley's......believe it or not book.

Edit: Wrong thread! I feel stupid laugh.gif Anyway.... I've been playing oblivion a lot lately. mellow.gif

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Dec 29 2012, 05:10 AM

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
treydog
post Dec 29 2012, 04:51 AM
Post #303

Master
Group Icon

Been getting immersed in Far Cry 3. I enjoyed the ambivalence of FC 2... and so far find the more involved storyline in 3 to be quite enjoyable.

I also got The Witcher 2 for Christmas- and so have a dilemma. (So many games- so little time- darned work.)

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Dec 31 2012, 04:53 AM
Post #304

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Dec 29 2012, 03:51 AM) *

Been getting immersed in Far Cry 3. I enjoyed the ambivalence of FC 2... and so far find the more involved storyline in 3 to be quite enjoyable.

I also got The Witcher 2 for Christmas- and so have a dilemma. (So many games- so little time- darned work.)

The Witcher 2 is a very unique game in a lot of ways. TW2 is a moderately long game with an interesting storyline and neat combat mechanics. Since the endings are drastically different depending on choices you make during the game, you might want to play through it over again at least once. There is a learning curve because some of the dialogue is universe specific and confusing at first. You'll hear names thrown around like you should know them (if you played the first game you should but I hadn't) and terms that are used regularly in world that you kinda have to figure out on your own.

The content is very dark and adult while still remaining fun. This game touches on lots of bases where other devs are afraid to go. As I said before, the intended audience is definitely adults.

The characters are truly unique and I have to say that this is where the game really shines. TW2's story is pretty linear but choices you make have huge impacts on the game's multiple endings so keep this in mind when you're playing through.

You might be surprised/upset by the inclusion of graphic nudity if you choose to pursue romances. This is definitely a game you'll want to play alone because some people will be easily upset by the content. I found the entire experience to be entirely enjoyable and a nice change of scenery from generic hack and slash games.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 31 2012, 04:58 AM
Post #305

Master
Group Icon

I'm quite interested in The Witcher games, I will have to pick one or both up at some point.

Currently I have been playing Dark Souls and Borderlands 2. So far I have been enjoying Borderlands more because you can jump right into it with no knowledge and have fun. Splitscreen coop helps too.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Dec 31 2012, 08:27 AM
Post #306

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Dec 31 2012, 03:58 AM) *

I'm quite interested in The Witcher games, I will have to pick one or both up at some point.

Currently I have been playing Dark Souls and Borderlands 2. So far I have been enjoying Borderlands more because you can jump right into it with no knowledge and have fun. Splitscreen coop helps too.

I haven't tried Dark Souls but have heard that you actually have to think to play it, which I like.

I have a lot of love for Dragon's Dogma for the same reason, because you can't just "smash 'X' to win" as with the majority of action oriented RPG's these days. While the graphics aren't too shiny/amazing with Dragon's Dogma, the pawn system actually adds something unique to a growingly tired genre and it manages to maintain the need for a tactical playstyle...something that is absent from a growing list of action RPG's.

I've sunk my teeth into a bunch of games lately and have found myself pleasantly surprised with several of them.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Dec 31 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #307

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Dec 31 2012, 01:27 AM) *

I haven't tried Dark Souls but have heard that you actually have to think to play it, which I like.

Yes you do, and BSing with people you haven't seen for a year while consuming alcohol doesn't make for a good time with a game that difficult. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 1 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #308

Master
Group Icon

Metro 2033; absolutely superb game, with excellent atmospheres and a wonderfully well-realised environment, and manages to balance the fine line between being challenging and frustrating.The character you play, Artyom, is rather fragile and squishy so you have to be smart about how you fight and use stealth, and going in all guns blazing usually not so good an idea. The AI for the human enemies is rather off, with every enemy in an area instantly being alerted to your presence and knowing exactly where you are if you don't immediately one-hit-kill patrolling guards with a silenced weapon, and also has the tendency to have guards running about like a bunch of headless chickens in the middle of firefights which can make battles odd affairs at points. The fights with the various forms of mutant wildlife that you can get into are intense as hell, and dodging packs of the things whilst trekking through the irradiated ruins of a post-apocalyptic Moscow and keeping an eye on the oxygen bar on my gas mask is one of the most memorable and tense experiences I've had in a game for quite a while.

I think you can also get it for free off Steam, now, so if you've got a reasonable PC I'd say it's definitely worth your time.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jan 2 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #309

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Metro 2033 is awesome. I have played through multiple times and the only criticizm I have is that the stealth could've been more refined. All around an awesome game with a fresh take on the post apocolyptic survival genre.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 2 2013, 02:12 AM
Post #310

Ancient
Group Icon

I've been TRYING to play Morrowind. I die a lot, and even though I don't mind dying in the game, it takes like 10 minutes to load my last save. It's too slow.

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jan 4 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #311

Master
Group Icon

Dark Souls, you say? A masterpiece right there. I can honestly say that after I was done with it, I came out humbled. More patient, more tactical, and less prone to RAEG when I screw up or die. Its good that DS2 is in the works, as I'm eager for another game in the Soul series.

Currently, I'm playing MUD. Three guesses as to what that is, biggrin.gif

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jan 4 2013, 06:34 PM
Post #312

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jan 4 2013, 10:34 AM) *

Dark Souls, you say? A masterpiece right there. I can honestly say that after I was done with it, I came out humbled. More patient, more tactical, and less prone to RAEG when I screw up or die. Its good that DS2 is in the works, as I'm eager for another game in the Soul series.

Currently, I'm playing MUD. Three guesses as to what that is, biggrin.gif

So far the controls in DS are hurting the experience for me. They seem spotty at best, or else I just suck.

Is your MUD text based?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jan 4 2013, 07:06 PM
Post #313

Master
Group Icon

I had that problem too. My once FPS-ONLY subservient hand eye coordination suffered greatly at first. All I can say now, however, is that death and frustration is a major element in DS's experience . Persevere, fellow undead, and we may yet see the light of the Sun! Praise the Sun! Lol

And yes, my MUD is text based. Just started playing the genre yesterday and it was suprisingly addictive! Very fun reading the descriptions of areas and using my imagination to visualize it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jan 4 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #314

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jan 4 2013, 12:06 PM) *

I had that problem too. My once FPS-ONLY subservient hand eye coordination suffered greatly at first. All I can say now, however, is that death and frustration is a major element in DS's experience . Persevere, fellow undead, and we may yet see the light of the Sun! Praise the Sun! Lol

Oh you missed that riposte? TIME TO DIE FOOLISH SCUM.
- Dark Souls

This post has been edited by King Coin: Jan 4 2013, 09:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 5 2013, 01:31 AM
Post #315

Master
Group Icon

Farcry 3!

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jan 5 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #316

Master
Group Icon

GODDAMN it. I really need to buy FC3. I was hooked with 2's map making mode, but with 3, you can actually put NPCs in yer maps! The possibilities with this are endless! Maybe even a self-made co-op map!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Jan 6 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #317

Ancient
Group Icon

I've been playing Rage. I'm not the biggest fan if it. I somewhat regret buying it kvleft.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠️
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jan 7 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #318

Master
Group Icon

Some of my friends over at the internet says so too. Just your usual After the End scenario. When I saw the trailers, I was excited, but 'me frenz opinyunz' kinda dissuaded me from buying it. Bought Borderlands instead.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 7 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #319

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Jan 7 2013, 12:41 PM) *
Some of my friends over at the internet says so too. Just your usual After the End scenario. When I saw the trailers, I was excited, but 'me frenz opinyunz' kinda dissuaded me from buying it. Bought Borderlands instead.

Uleni had the right idea. I tried Rage's demo at the Eurogamer Expo, and my only thought about it was 'this is just Borderlands without the fun or the charm'.

I'd recommend Borderlands to you any day, though. Borderlands is awesome.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jan 8 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #320

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Rage was pretty bland. Point and shoot, change guns, repeat. That is basically the entire storyline. While there are some interesting parts (giant mutants in city) the game is pretty uninteresting.

For such a promising introduction it turned out to be underwhelming.

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:51 PM