2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NaNoWriMo 2014!, More NaNo goodness
Callidus Thorn
post Nov 9 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, I might have sod all to show for the first 8 days, but I'm gonna keep trying. I'm pretty sure this block is starting to give.

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Nov 9 2014, 08:27 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

Huh. Just saw this thread.

I was all set to go this year. Then the accident happened and sucked all of the creativity out of me. Now that it's (mostly) over and I'm back in business car-wise, I'm trying to get the mojo going again.

So far, not so lucky. Maybe I'll head over to the grocery store and pick up a bottle of Malbec. Or a case of Moose Drool . . .

Or both.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 10 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

Sorry to hear you’re in a time crunch, Mustard. Sometimes it’s just not the right time. Like in November, for example. I need to finish before Thanksgiving or I’m sunk. panic.gif

Thorn, keep at it! Break that block! smile.gif

Yay, haute! I’m glad the worst of the accident-related mojo-sucking is behind you. I hope the Malbec/Moose Drool does the trick. Your characters want you to write them!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Nov 10 2014, 05:43 PM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, a thousand words written today, may get some more done this evening. They're pretty spread out across several scenes form several chapters, but at least the block's crumbling. biggrin.gif

And still getting more planning added in, a lot of it backstory. *Sighs*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 10 2014, 06:01 PM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

Way to go Thorn!! smile.gif

With this story I’m learning that the time I spend hashing out plot lines in the beginning pays for itself several times over when the story starts flowing out. In many things I like to wing it, but a flexible outline is my friend.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 12 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

Virtual write-in right now!

ETA: That was fun! I didn’t get far with most of the prompts because I had too much of my story buzzing in my head, but it was fun to crank out a few paragraphs and have some laughs with the invisible people who are doing the same thing at the same time. Also while they read stuff out loud I had time to make a sandwich, saving me from a fast food mistake later when I otherwise would have been driving around hungry. I'm glad I checked in for it.

This post has been edited by Grits: Nov 12 2014, 09:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Nov 14 2014, 11:56 PM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

Urgh.

Had a cold all week, and a blocked nose has meant my head's been wrecked. Managed to do some more planning and bump my wordcount a little, but it's definitely not going well so far.

And this cold is starting to concern me a little, I think it's trying to hit my chest now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 15 2014, 05:32 PM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

Ugh, sorry to hear about your cold, Thorn. I hope you get over it soon without any chest complications.

I have about an hour between morning stuff and afternoon stuff, so I'm going to see if I can get the next chapter cracked. Yesterday was rough going. Thank goodness for December (or much later) re-writes!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Nov 18 2014, 04:13 PM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

Urgh.

Today's lesson: Nothing slows down your writing like a scene that takes place in a brothel.

*Sighs wearily*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Nov 18 2014, 04:55 PM
Post #30

Knower
Group Icon

It's so awesome to see so many participants! Little late to the party tongue.gif

For NaNoWriMo this year I'm working on the sequel to the novel I have spent the past few months writing (which, to be honest, has added a lot more depth to my first novel.)

I'm 24,000 words in, so still under the word count :/but I'll get there smile.gif
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Nov 21 2014, 06:00 PM
Post #31

Councilor
Group Icon

Still determinedly slogging away at Amaril: The Spellsword for NaNoWriMo. So far today: 3,701 words, in less than three hours. I'll probably put in some more tonight.

I'm taking a new approach with it: rather than thinking of it in terms of words per day, which at this point is the rather intimidating figure of 4,053, I'm thinking solely in terms of words per minute. Targeting a minimum of 20 words per minute, and aiming at 30, it seems a much more manageable number to work with. With the last chunk I wrote I was hitting about 28 words per minute, which I figure's pretty good.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 22 2014, 12:13 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

Way to go, Thorn! biggrin.gif

I’m starting to get excited about the prospect of having a completed first draft to work with later. It’s going to take me way more than 50,000 words to get there, but I want to keep going with this project into December until I finish it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 28 2014, 02:59 PM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

It’s crunch time!! I have warned the family not to ask me for ANYTHING today, other than rides everywhere and three meals each plus meds and drinks for Mr. Grits who is still barricaded upstairs with the flu, so I expect to at least introduce my other main character today! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 2 2014, 12:36 AM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

So as soon as I got over my NaNoWriMigrane I finally started using Scrivener. It’s awesome! It kind of choked when I loaded my behemoth story into it, but it’s going well so far. Of course it handled my latest one with ease. Now I need to get the rest of Jerric’s Story written so I can get going on the prequels and sequels. I wonder how many more Novembers that will be! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:19 PM