Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
mALX
post Sep 27 2021, 11:29 AM
Post #4161

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 25 2021, 08:46 PM) *

Bastion sealed his fate today. Buffy gave him two weeks notice. By then she'll have him leveled from L19.6 to L20 and send him on his way. The catalyst happened today after a long day of questing as a Magden with Bastion set up as a tank. Buffy went to talk to a merchant and accidentally stole a potion that was sitting out right next to the merchant. Well, the merchant started yelling, and Buffy was both embarrassed and furious with herself. She motioned a guard to come and collect a bounty. Then, to top it all all off, Bastion told her off. She knew at that moment that she was finished with Bastion.

Contrast that with Mirri. Something similar happened a couple weeks ago with Mirri. Buffy headed for a guard to clear things up. An NPC attacked Buffy and true-blue Mirri promptly killed the NPC. Though Buffy's bounty shot through the roof, Mirri's loyal defense of Buffy earned a place in Buffy's heart. Currently we have Mirri set up as a ranged dps and Bastion as a tank but we will quickly transition to Mirri being able to do either via changing gear and skills. Yes, the logistics will be somewhat of a challenge but she cannot tolerate Bastion's disloyalty - especially knowing that Mirri will stick up for her no matter the consequences.

She has always 'clicked' better with Mirri, but this incident today made her decision an easy one.

I did wonder how the companions would view any illegal activity; this was a revealing post on both Bastion and Mirri. I think I read somewhere that = even in a dungeon when you are taking down real enemies and just trying to whittle down the numbers quietly; the Blade of Woe is a no-no for both. Haven't tested it out yet to find out; having enough trouble not offending Mirri by accidentally grabbing flying insects while trying to do something completely innocent, lol.

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 26 2021, 08:07 PM) *

Abiene has also gotten irritated with Bastian. She does not appreciate being told off when one of her projectiles accidentally hits an unseen critter. His "Have you so little regard for life" comment really gets her fuming.

Jerric handles his occasional annoyance by unequipping his weapon and taking a few swings at Bastian. It's a shame there's no brawl option in the menu.

laugh.gif But, what happens when Jerric clocks Bastian?

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 26 2021, 08:40 PM) *

So far so good. Mirri's now in 5 heavy + 2 medium with s&b and does a superb job tanking. Looking to probably keep her in one set of armor and switch out weaponry (of course), skills (of course) and maybe jewelry to change roles on her as needed.

Buffy notes that Mirri can hold a WB by the nose while requiring no more support from Buffy than Bastion did. In fact, as more of a NB 'Sap tank' instead of the classic DK tank, she seems just as safe but does more damage while doing so.

Ooh, that is interesting on Mirri too!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 13 2021, 08:24 PM
Post #4162

Councilor
Group Icon

Since we'd just been given the Deadlands DLC, I decided at the weekend to go see what it was about, and rolled up a new character on the PTS. I picked a Redguard, took the default Necromancer class and set some sliders for slim but curvy. I didn't know until I saw her in the "Traveller's" outfit quite how curvy that was. The Chargen process lets me create her in undies, but ...

IPB Image

It reminded me of when Minx was trying to find an inconspicuous outfit for her thieving tasks. But perhaps, more so. Anyhow, the next PTS patch cam with a reload, so she was lost. Not wanting yo have that loss be permanent, I recreated her on the EU server, and she'll just have to wait a bit before she explores the Deadlands.

That shirt seems to be ESO's version of the Skyrim Miner's outfit, as it looks larger than she does in underwear. I've had her go swimming in it several times, but Tamriel water isn't wet enough to penetrate. tongue.gif

We've called her Mamma Ries, but I don't know how long that name wil last. biggrin.gif So far she's level 28, joined all her guilds, including getting the Psijic passive for portals, I took her to Cyro for training as soon as she could, so she rides at a viable speed now.

I haven't started the MQ with her, and possibly won't. She'd be the first one of my characters not to do so.

---

Old Nick has caught up with the rest of the NA crew, so he's just doing the grindy dailies, like Undaunted. He's still new enough to get an occasional Skyshard from those! We deliberately left any delves that Bolgrul uses until we were sent there.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 23 2022, 09:38 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 13 2021, 08:31 PM
Post #4163

Paladin
Group Icon

So much to do with a new character; so little time. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 17 2021, 11:46 PM
Post #4164

Paladin
Group Icon

For those (like Buffy) who travel with Mirri, you are probably familiar with one of her 'after a fight' lines:
"Would it kill them to run away? Well, no, I guess it wouldn’t. . . maybe they should try that."

Well, Buffy got a chuckle today when Mirri popped out with that line after they killed strangler. You know. . . a carnivorous plant that is rooted to the ground. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 1 2021, 10:04 PM
Post #4165

Councilor
Group Icon

When Jerric got a look at the new Collections summary page he dumped out his backpack and began sharpening swords. I believe I will spend the next chunk of time in Tamriel hunting weapons, jewelry, and armor. He doesn't care much about having things, but he sure likes to go get them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 9 2021, 03:56 PM
Post #4166

Councilor
Group Icon

Taking advantage of the Armory to create a new solo build for Floozie has meant that she can do VoM runs more easily. We have been amazed at how much Worm's Raiment and Oblivion's Edge pieces there were still to collect.

And every chest in the place, being non-curated, can give her a duplicate piece of Rattlecage armor, so they do so. sad.gif

She's also chasing a set of Mother's Sorrow Armor, so the WB's in Deshaan are just dropping weapons these days, and mostly Night Mother and Plague Doctor, at that.

When we get that sticker book filled, they'll probably stop spawning.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 12 2021, 10:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 12 2021, 03:52 PM
Post #4167

Councilor
Group Icon

It has been great fun to roll through Public Dungeons and watch the previously unseen weapons pile up. Mother's Sorrow was first on the list followed by Spriggan's. Abiene is going for Briarheart next with her new damage build.

They're saying the curated drops bug affects groups so as to have the first person who loots the boss set the loot table for everyone by their Collections. Easy workaround when we're going for a certain item is to just let that person loot first.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 12 2021, 09:52 PM
Post #4168

Councilor
Group Icon

The NA guild runs made Vicuña aware that she could use a chain skill, so we just added Silver Leash. Once she has it maxed out, it will probably become part of her tank build only, and be replaced by a self-heal for solo.

If you need a tank, and don't mind that she's learning to use the new skill, let me know.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 13 2022, 08:54 PM
Post #4169

Councilor
Group Icon

It snowed here today, and it's probably because Hell has frozen over.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 13 2022, 09:43 PM
Post #4170

Paladin
Group Icon

Well congratulations on completing your very long quest!

Buffy (magplar healer) had an easier time getting the Rattlepieces she needed (jewelry & weapons to avoid heavy armor). Given that her head and shoulders use monster pieces, her challenge was getting the exact 5 pieces of Spell Power Cure she needed. Since she can't solo WGT, that meant buying tons of key fragments for the WGT trophy vault.

That said, she's delighted with both Rattlecage and Spell Power Cure.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 14 2022, 04:42 AM
Post #4171

Councilor
Group Icon

Congratulations!!! cake.gif Jerric will want to head back to Arx while there's ice skating in hell. (Just in time for Undaunted Infiltrator to get an "update," argh.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 17 2022, 06:22 PM
Post #4172

Paladin
Group Icon

The semiannual pvp event is off to a grand start for Buffy. She went to Cyrodiil and turned in a pre-done Cropsford quest for 2 event tix, then found plenty of keep repairing to do (with her 'healing done' boosted by 39%), quickly earning 5 rewards of the worthy. Her event quest turn in box had a single transmute gem in it and the one rewards of the worthy coffer she opened today (the first one you open / day is guaranteed to have a transmute crystal in it) netted 10 more gems. So her primary objective is off to a fine start with 11 transmute gems on the morning of day 1. That's in addition to the one gem she earned by soloing a pledge before the event started this morning.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 21 2022, 10:54 PM
Post #4173

Councilor
Group Icon

I've had a great time so far in this season's Mayhem. My first Elder Scrolls character has made the jump from Oblivion to ESO as a stamplar and joined the Pact. This is my first real attempt to do anything with an Imperial. Love her!

Funny thing, I have only gotten one of the new style pages from a Boon Box. I got the few that I want with tickets from the Impressario, but the drop rate (for me) seems so low I would have thought my single page was a mistake.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 24 2022, 04:51 PM
Post #4174

Councilor
Group Icon

Today in the Imperial City Jerric figured out the local currency. He picked up the Powerful Assault set to try as well as a Timbercrow costume (for Lil). I'm guessing the weapons are in the random lockboxes. Darn.

He also met Phrastus the Scholar who owns the Elinhir house he's been using as a crafting center. Rumor has it that Phrastus the Scholar is fine. Jerric would argue that Phrastus is a jerk, but at least he's amusing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 24 2022, 07:43 PM
Post #4175

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, neat on the Timbercrow costume. I'm sure Lil will like it except for the significant discoloration of skin problem on her hips it will cause when viewing from behind. A notable bug with that costume and it is a horrible shame that they have not yet fixed it. Especially given the cost in blood or gold it takes to get the darn thing! Buffy bought hers from the guild traders for an embarrassing amount of gold.

Buffy got promoted today from First Sergeant Grade Two of Wall repair to Lieutenant of Keep Maintenance in her alliance's Logistics Corps! She's slowed her repairs down slightly to keep the number of rewards for the worthy coffers in her inventory under control. She probably has 20 or 25 in there in the 'open one a day queue' so far. Transmute gems are literally flowing in though and she is a happy elf about that.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 20 2022, 02:40 AM
Post #4176

Councilor
Group Icon

DESTROY
DESTROY
DESTROY

Need I say more?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 20 2022, 12:13 PM
Post #4177

Paladin
Group Icon

'Byebye, spider bits.' wink.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 23 2022, 09:42 PM
Post #4178

Councilor
Group Icon

The bar is becoming popular at the EU HQ. Unfortunately, that puts us at the "special collectibles" limit, even after I removed the mime.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 23 2022, 11:57 PM
Post #4179

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, you can open up a whole chapter of 'The Companions'. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 8 2022, 08:16 PM
Post #4180

Councilor
Group Icon

Since doing FG pledges with guild members got a lot of rapport with our Mirris, as well as the boxes, I have managed to reach max rapport with her on both servers. Blossom has done the same with our NA Bastian, and Nadja the Naked Nord is close to doing so on EU.

The newer companions were easier to gain rapport with, and so they are all up there on both servers. What Isobels and Embers need is levels. Nobody is past 10 yet. The duelling bug is still blocking the achievement, and then level will be the only thing left for all of them. What activity combines event boxes with companion level?

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 207 208 209 210 211 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:07 AM