Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ian, I was thinking of something new.....
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 7 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Hmmm a very interesting dream, sounds like a past recollection to me. I'm curious to hear about the fate of his friends, but it seems that something else has set off Ian's detectors.

Be careful buddy!

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 7 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

Well MM, it was a dream, and it was a past recollection. And are you familiar with the Dark B. recruitment process? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Oct 7 2006, 05:53 PM
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 7 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

Yes I certainly am! biggrin.gif

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 12 2006, 04:21 AM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

ok guys, here's a short post for you all.....

-------

Chapter 4 (cont.)

Ian opened his eyes and peered critically around the cabin. There was a tall robed man standing in front of the door, Ian didn't need to guess what the intruder was. The man said, "Greetings, murderer. You've just begun a new chapter in your life's dark journey, my name is Lucien Lachance" Ian got up and acted cordial. "Good to meet you, Mr. Luchance." He smirked, "Ah, you are obviously experienced in minipulating people by word. Now, formalities aside, the Dark Brotherhood extends an invitation to join our exclusive family." "What must I do?" "Listen closely," He replied. "On the Gold Road, south of here, there lies the Inn of Ill Omen. Wasting away his remaining days there, is an old man called Rufio. He must die for you to gain acceptence among the Night Mother's children. Now take this dagger and gold, as gifts from your new family. I bid you farewell, my Imperial brother." With that luchance dissappeared, no doubt due to some powerful spell or item. Welcome to your new family. Ian rolled his eyes, he never had a family....... except for Sarquin, Valkarez, and Raphiel....... and he didn't want another one.

Ian walked all the way to pells gate, before taking a small break. Luchance had given him five hundred septims, a sizable fee, but a small bone compared to his inheritence. He didn't know how much his own liniage had left for him, but it was a great deal. Ian had graduated six years ago, when he was fifteen...... but none of his friends had.
They had all died in the ambush. It hadn't been deliberate attack. Ian lit a small hackle-lo and looked up at the blue sky. It turned out that the group had just been in the wrong place at the wrong time...... there had been a turf wars between the lizards and cats, with the agents in the crossfire. Some managed to escape into the woods, and wait the battle out. The only reason that Ian had survived was because of that darn poisoned arrow. He slept for the entire fight, and nobody bothered to check if he was really dead. It hadn't been skill our deviousness that saved his skin, no a stupid arrow knocked him out. The others just got massacred. After the fighting ended some of the survivors found him as he was consious......... Ian, thirty appretices, and one sensei, that was it. The others had fought their way out, but he had just fallen asleep and ignored.......
He arrived at the Inn at dusk, and stepped inside....... There was a Nord for a bartender talking to a female Redguard, both were disgustingly drunk. Ian rolled his eyes, and slid silently through a trap door. There were two rooms, the farthest one had an "ocuppied" sign on it. Ian slowly opened the door, an old man was laying on the bed. Ian simply nocked his arrow and let it fly. He slowly walked away from the Inn of Ill Omen, and hoped, hoped, that the dark Brotherhood would be of some help for finding the rogue agent.......

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Oct 12 2006, 09:49 PM
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 12 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #25

Master
Group Icon

And so begins possibly a lot of future killing for Ian. It will be an interesting read from here on out as we see Ian interact with these murderers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kayla
post Oct 13 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #26

Agent

Yay! The Dark Brotherhood! I can't wait to see how Ian fares along side them! happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 22 2006, 06:20 AM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

Chapter 5: Among Kin....

Ian lit a hackle-lo leaf and took a puff, he was standing outside of Cheydinhal. He watched the smoke curl in the air, and waited for Luchance to show up. Ian had already been through two rolls of leaves before Luchance arrived. "Ah, you've accomplished your end of the bargain. Now the Dark Brotherhood will embrace you as a fellow son of the Night Mother," Lucien said. "You will now join my group of family members. To find them, go into the city to the abandoned house. There is a door in the basement, a voice will ask you to answer a question. The answer is: Sanguine, my brother. Talk to Ocheeva, the mistress of the sanctuary."

The basement wasn't well lit, but Ian could see well enough. There was a red light at the other side of the room leading to a door. A raspy voice asked, "What is the color of night?" "Sanguine, my brother."
The door opened, and Ian walked into a gloomy small room. An argonian strode forth to greet him. "You must be Ian, the new family member that Lucien Luchance said would come. Welcome to your new home, a place of refuge and safety when the need arises. Well, I've kept you long enough, you doubtlessly wnt to meet the other family members here. But first, take these they are lighter than leather, and dark as the shadows." She handed him a bundle of reinforced cloth, and walked further down the hallway.
He decided to get some sleep before mingling with these assassins, hackle-lo helped keep you awake, but sleep was better.

After three hour of sleep, Ian groggily got out of his bed, grabbed his new armor, and opened the door to the dressing closet. The clothing was tight, but barely hindered movement, after wrestling the outfit on, Ian glanced at the mirror on the wall. The armor almost molded over the contour of his body, and had a menacing demeanor. He was surprised by how young he still looked, true was was only twenty, but with his past he felt older. His face was shaved, and his short jet black hair went well with his tanned complexion. However his eyes lacked the youthful energy of his body; their brown depths told of misery, hardship, and a grim determination.
Ian soon tired of his reflection, strode out of the dresser, and collided with a middle-aged bosmer woman. She looked him over. "Ah, your must be our newest family member," She said respectfully. "My name is Teleandril, faithful daughter of Sithis, and I see your a fellow archer." Ian liked her well enough.
"Yes, I'm Ian, I do like to use a bow in combat." "Splendid," She replied smiling. "Welcome to the family, and may Sithis be with you." Ian stepped aside for her to enter the dressing room. Well, maybe they're not all crazy homicides, Ian thought. This still won't be fun.......

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Oct 23 2006, 03:45 AM
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 27 2006, 01:21 AM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Chapter 5 (cont.):

Ian strode into the main room of the santuary, and crashed into a very irritable Kahjiit. "Watch were you're going you filthy ape!" It snapped at him. Ian was caught off-guard by the flash of hostility, but managed to remain sober. "I'm sorry, my friend, but I-" The Kahjiit cut him off, "Stop talking!" "You're obviously the new member, let's get something clear. Right now you're nothing, not even good enough to eat on the floor, let alone be a member of our family. The only reason I grace you with anything more than my presence is because Ocheeva is the ranking member, and she told me to sell you some of my wares. Ian wasn't used to being berated, the Kahjiit might as well have stabbed him in the stomach.
An Argonian came around the corner and hissed at the Kahjiit, M'Razdar or something like that. "Brother, don't treat the new one like that, you haven't even gotten to know him yet." The Argonian chided him. "But Teinava, he's human not to mention Imperial!" The Argonian waved the comment away. "I say it again, you haven't even gotten to know him yet." The Kahjiit lowered his head, "Yes, Teinava." After that..... rather odd display of heirarchy, everything went well for the most part. Ian sold his sword and learned a bound dagger spell. He traded the silver bow for a Dwarven speciman, but kept the silver arrows. He bought some hackle-lo leaves, some poisonous ingrediants, and some food (just in case). Through it all the Argonian watched him closely, and patiently......

End of chapter five......

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 27 2006, 04:27 AM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

Well it seems Ian is integrating reasonably well with the inhabitants of the Cheydinhal Dark Brotherhood assassins.

Don't mind the Khajiits, they tend to be a little feisty.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Nov 19 2006, 05:28 AM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

Chapter 6: The Death of a Certain Soldier of Fortune........

The Argonian shooed M'Ragdar away and introduced himself. "Greetings, my newest brother, I am Tienava." Ian replied. "Hail, friend, I'm Ian." Teinava cocked his head and evaluated him. "Your obviously the family member who is wanted by Vecente Valtiera, follow me." And the Argonian lead him through the Sanctuary.

After climbing down two flights of stairs they arrived at a large, reinforced, wooden door. Tienava rapped loudly on the door, and it opened to reveal an incredible gaunt man. His pink eyes stared at Ian, sending a chill down his spine. This man is a vampire. Ian thought, shuddering.

The vampire seemed to realize Ian's discomfort, because he chuckled. "Ah, I can see that you've recognized me for what I am. Don't allow my...... condition to make you nervous. The Will of Sithis is greater then my needs a vampire." Ian clamed down a bit, but remained wary of the man.

Tienava excused himself and the vampire -Vecenta Valtiera- briefed him on his contract. "We've been employed to end the life of a former pirate, on his own ship and in the middle of his crew, it shouldn't be anything a child of Sithis shouldn't be able to handle." Ian nodded, Well, they haven't sent me to kill something innocent yet........ but they probably will soon.....

two hours later.......

The full moon made a beautiful reflection over the water of Lake Rumare, and like a siren's call, the sounds of the bay could lull someone into sleep if they weren't alert. The Marie Elena was moored to the stone docks.
The ship was a war galleon, maybe twenty feet from stem to stern, Tienava had suggested entering quietly through a custom-made balcony that probably connected to the Captain's quarters. Ian was inclined to agree with him on that, best to get in and get out as fast as possible.

Ian stood alone on the dock, he took a deep breath, ran at top speed and vaulted over the nine foot distance between the dock and the veranda. The planks were well mantained so they made not a flutter when Ian landed heavily on them. The door was locked, big surprise, he thought. He tapped the interior of the lock with his pick, testing its strength. Let's see four pings, so that means only four tumblers on this lock.

With consentration and patience born of years of iron hard disipline and training, Ian had picked the lock in ten minutes of toying with it, but hadn't even broken a single pick. The door slide open silently, this man's necessity for well-repaired doors and balconies is going to be his undoing..... Ian smiled to himself. There was a small dinner table covered with food and silverware, but Ian ignored it for now and focused on the inner room. The man lying in the bed snored loudly, and as Ian slowly advanced, turned out to be drooling on his pillow.

Sitting mere inches from the man's face, Ian slipped a poison out of his satchel and poured it into a nearby goblet. Once the goblet was filled to the brim, he cast a chameleon spell and clamped the pirate's nose shut. The pirate snorted and lazily sat up, he stared right at Ian, but became aware of a nagging thirst. Apon inspecting the room he found a small goblet, and threw his head back, gussling the contents down. He licked his wet lips, and stood there for a moment........ Come on, come on and die already......

As if on cue the man dropped his goblet and held his throat, making a choking sound and fell to the ground convulsing violently. He continued to thrash about on the floor for two minutesm before he suddenly became still. Ian moved closer and rested his hand on the captain's chest, and felt no thumping heart......

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Nov 19 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

Murder, murder! Murder most foul!

Hehe, good update, Revan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Nov 19 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

thanks Metal Mallet, but Ian's relationship with the Brotherhood will be rocky to say the least......
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Dec 8 2006, 03:42 AM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

Sorry, this is a short update for now....... enjoy!
-------

Chapter 7: In the Nieghborhood......

Ian stood up and noticed a chest sitting on top of a drawer and shrugged. Might as well take a peek.... The chest opened and ian was glad he opened it, inside was a pouch of beautiful emeralds, and an amulet that seemed to be enchanted........
Pocketing his spoils, Ian stopped by the table and realized that he hadn't eaten since he'd left the Sanctuary. He sat down and devoured a loaf of bread and a bowl of grapes, but he scowled at the bottle of ale. After five minutes Ian had eaten his fill, and he slipped through to the balcony.
Rather then jump into the water, he eased down over the rails and barely caused a splash. The water was mild, Ian swam toward the houses of the beggers in the Garden of Dareloth.

As he strode through the Temple district, Ian noticed a Bosmeri woman and a male Argonian racing toward the gates to the Waterfront. The Argonian was chasing the woman and yelling at her. "Wait 'til I get my hands on you! You won't stop me from getting in the guild!"
Guild, what guild? Ian thought, and noticed the woman had a large journal strapped to her thigh. For some odd reason, Ian felt compelled to have that book. Confused, but willing, he stepped into the Bosmer's path and she slammed into him.
She stared at him, slightly dazed, and Ian subtlely reached down and plucked the diary from her waist. "Sorry, miss, I didn't see you." He lied. The woman regained her composure and smiled, ian found he liked that smile a little too much for his comfort. "No problem, my name is Methradel. I'm sorry, but I don't have time to talk tonight." She jumped to her feet. "Perhaps we might talk sometime!" And Methradel dissappeared with the Argonian hot on her heels.
For a moment Ian regreted stealing the journal, but he shrugged. Oh, well......
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Dec 8 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

Hehehehe... I knew what that was all about.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Dec 9 2006, 06:14 AM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

Chapter 7 (cont.):

The night air was cold enough for Ian to see his breath waft from his mouth, and he pulled his cloak tighter around himself. He left the Temple District behind and entered the Arena's domain, for a moment he stood before the enterance but it was too late to place a bet, so he continue on.
As he walked toward the center of the market the wind picked up and Ian shivered. Tommarow, I'm getting a better coat. Fortunatly the Merchant's Inn was reasonanbly warm and hospitable. The proprieter was a cheerful, middle-aged man in middle class clothes. Ian managed to get a room for fifteen septims.
The room was up to standard, it was small, but practical. Suddenly a crippling exhaustion crept through Ian's body, and he collapsed into the bed without bothering to take off his clothes. He slept deeply, but not peacefully.

The sky was blood red, thunder clapped but there was no lightning. Smoke swirled from below, and a burning city came into view. It was sitting atop a large butte, there were three gates standing before the town's gates. A fourth one formed, this one much larger then the first three. Staring into its crimson depths, Ian could pick out a huge shape.
The blob marched forward and emerged from the portal, its armor was vaguely similar to a mud crab's, the thing had to be fifty feet in length. It continued forth, and released a rain of fireballs at the walls of the village. As they fell several dark shapes charged through the new hole, Ian could see the blurry shape of men and women running and being cut down by the attackers.
Suddenly there was a flash of light and Uriel Septim strode across the scorched ground ignoring all the destruction. He stopped in front of Ian, his face solemn, and his words were hallow, an echo. "Take the Amulet of Kings to Juaffre, and he will lead to my last son. Find him and close shut the jaws...... of Oblivion."
The scene blurred out of view.......

Ian fell onto the floor, gasping and sweating heavily. "Find him......." As the voice of the late emporer faded, Ian lost consciousness. This time he did not dream of a nightmarish scene........

The next morning Ian opened his eyes to find himself on the floor, and his winter cloak moist with his perspiration. He glanced at them and shook his head. Despite his fowl mood, Ian felt oddly rested and rejuvenated.
Putting on some normal clothes and putting his dark Brotherhood armor inside his satchel, and didn't say a word to any of the commoners that had filled the bar. He walked aimlessly for what seemed like days, but in truth was only a few minutes. He was so absorbed in his head that he didn't realize where he was going until he slammed head on into a stone pillar.
Rubbing his head, even more angry then before, Ian looked at the nearby shop sign "The Mystic Emporium." On nothing else then simple restlessness he went inside.

The shop was filled with shelves upon shelves of scrolls, books, and other magical items. Two Altmer were conversing, both about seventy by human standards, one was male while the other was female. Ian could guess that they were married, and both owned this shop......
Ian began to inspect the various soul gems arranged in a small display case. One gleamed more vibrantly then the rest, Ian picked it up and studied it for several minutres. From what he knew about these objects this appeared to be a top-quality grand soul gem.
So absorbed by the gem, Ian didn't notice that the conversation had ended and the room was silent. At least, not until someone tapped him on the shoulder. Ian gave a start and spun to glance at the male Altmer, who had apparently been watching him closely.

"Do you want to buy that soul gem?" He asked in a well-mannered voice. It took a few moments for Ian to realize what he was talking about, then he cast a glance at the soul gem. "Oh, wait your a new one to enter the Mystic Emporium. Allow me to introduce my self, I'm Calehndil, owner of the most complete magic shop in Cyrodiil."
Ian raised an eyebrow. "Every merchant can try and boast something like that to get someone to buy their wares." He had an edge of condesension in his voice.
Calehndil didn't take any offence. "Well, if you want me to prove it, then come back by next Loredas, I'll sell something special for you."
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Dec 9 2006, 03:47 PM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

Hmm... that's an interesting way to have someone start the fight against Oblivion, scaring them from beyond the grave with nightmares. Good stuff Revan, I liked this update.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Dec 10 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Ok, here's a short update........

-------

Chapter 7 (cont.)

As Ian left the shop he noticed the Bosmer, Methradel, scanning the street for something. He had a feeling that she was looking for that diary. Well, I don't have any use for it...... He mused as he approached her.
Methradel caught sight of him and stood there with her hands on her hips. "I suppose that your the one who has Amantious Allectus' journal?" Silently Ian produced the diary and handed it to her. She held it in her hand for several moments with a look of surprise on her face. "I didn't expect that you actually had it, you must have stolen it when I ran into you." Then her surprise increased. "You got in my way on purpose!"

Ian nodded and cracked a smile, and Methradel shook her head chukling lightly. "Well, thanks for giving it back, I'll do you a favor in the future, you just wait." And she melted back into the throng of citizens in the plaza.
When she was out of sight Ian's grin grew and he tossed a small pouch of coins in his hand. Then the agent strode into the "Devine Elegance." A young female Altmer stood behind the counter, polishing a golden amulet and holding it to the light to inspect it. She set it down in one of the many display cases, and nodded to Ian.
He scooped up a new, white winter cloak, and a matching pair of boots. The elf, Palonirya, glanced at them. "No less then fifty." Ian furrowed his brow, no wonder they say she is a tough customer. "No more than thirty." Palonirya glared at him for a second then waved her hand at him. "Fine, fine thirty-eight, my final offer." Ian nodded, "Deal."

As noon arrived the salty air of Lake Rumar engulfed the city, in a way it was refreshing. Ian mulled over the nightmare he'd had last night. Close shut the jaws of Oblivion? He didn't have a clue what the Emporer meant by that, but one part was clear. Take the amulet to Juaffre, and find my last son..... According to what Buarus had said back in the prison, Juaffre was the Guildmaster of the Blades and he currently lived in the city of Chorral. Every agent new what the Blades were, in a way they were competition, but mostly they were to be avoided at all costs for the agents that were privateers.
Still Ian really didn't have anything else to do, why did he have to give it to me? Why not one of his precious Blades?

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Dec 10 2006, 11:51 PM
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Dec 10 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

A finder's reward? biggrin.gif Heh, I like the part with the Bosmer. I like the rest as well. Go ahead and continue.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Dec 13 2006, 04:33 AM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

Chapter 8: The Quest.....

The walk to Weynon Priory wasn't half-bad, aside from the occassional wolf or bear, but nothing that was particularly threatening. Ian mulled over his recent change from an agent working in the down and dirty criminal world, to a pawn of the Emporer. I could always back out of this....... why haven't I?

When an answer didn't reveal itself, he shook his head and let out a weary breath. Why didn't I just sell the blasted amulet in the Imperial CIty, or hand it over to Chancellor Ocato? Again an answer illuded him, and he continued to stalk through the Great Forest. The way I see it, he thought sourly to himself. Is that I have no reason to do anthing more then give this monk the Amulet and leave this all behind.

After a couple of hours Ian spotted the priory house, and approached the courtyard. The chapel, which every priory seemed to have as custom, sat to his right, the towering structure about tow-three stories tall. Ignoring the dunmeri shepard, Ian walked into the house and was greeted by a man in his late fourties.
The monk asked him why he was here, and Ian answered in a slightly agitated tone. "I'm here to see Juaffre, my business is private." The man muttered, "We get a lot of people coming that want to see him, I did't think about it until that young Altmer came by....." Ian, for reasons he couldn't grasp at the time, was interested in this High Elf the man spoke of.
When asked he rolled his eyes. "Some young woman wearing robes came by awhile ago to talk to Juaffre, and then left without any explanation." Most would have discarded this as irrelevant, although Ian was tempted to ignore this information, he knew better then to think heedless of his instincts.

Pushing his suspicions aside for now, he climbed the stairs to the study where the grandmaster was supposed to be. Ian didn't know what he had expected to see in the leader of the Blades, but a curt, past prime-fighting-age man wasn't it. "My name is Juaffre, what do you want?" Ian wordlessly passed him the Amulet of Kings, and the old man dropped it to the floor and jumped back when the trinket touched his hand.
"BY THE NINE DEVINE!" He shouted sweating greatly, and clutching the table for support. After two minutes of shock, Juaffre suddenly stood up with a dagger aimed to Ian throat. "WHERE DID YOU GET THAT AMULET?" He roared at the agent.
Ian remained as motionless as possible, being stabbed wasn't on his list of things to do, he held up his hands in a gesture of peace. "Hold on now, Uriel Septim gave it to me to give to you before he died, and I still don't know why he gave it to me instead of his ever-so-powerful Blades."
He regreted those last few words as they left his mouth. Am I trying to calm this guy down, or get myself killed? Juaffre held his dagger rigidly but was obviously thinking about Ian's words. "Though I would normally have killed you for illegally possessing the amulet, I am inclined to trust you, only Uriel's spirit and Talos could have brought you here with it."
He sheathed his dagger, and Ian relaxed as the tension deminished. "The Emporer said you know where the last hier resides...."
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Dec 13 2006, 04:46 AM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

The plot increases... I look forward to what happens next! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:40 AM