13 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boston Bewilderings, The Fallout 4 "Where are you now?" thread
SubRosa
post Aug 9 2018, 12:43 AM
Post #161

Ancient
Group Icon

Loviatar is never at a loss for healing. So many happy meals just walking around everywhere...

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 9 2018, 01:16 AM
Post #162

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 8 2018, 06:43 PM) *

Loviatar is never at a loss for healing. So many happy meals just walking around everywhere...

Heh, well the character Khajiit is testing things with doesn’t eat anybody who doesn’t deserve it laugh.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 9 2018, 01:36 AM
Post #163

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 8 2018, 08:16 PM) *

Heh, well the character Khajiit is testing things with doesn’t eat anybody who doesn’t deserve it laugh.gif

They all deserve it...

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 9 2018, 02:24 AM
Post #164

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 8 2018, 07:36 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 8 2018, 08:16 PM) *

They all deserve it...

Heh, good ol’ Bill/Will Munny!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 14 2018, 01:15 PM
Post #165

Master
Group Icon

Yesterday "Snake" Logan had the most difficult fight so far, far more difficult than deathclaws of the Glowing Sea - the sentry bot and two assaultrons at once attacked him as he was trying to leave the MF Reactor Chamber. He got "killed" in a few seconds, so upon reloading we were more careful and made sure that we didn't get attention of all of them at once, focusing only on the Sentry Bot first.

Nonetheless, he was a challenge to bring down, "Snake" was hiding behind stairs, moving left and right as the Sentry Bot was trying to hit him from above. Whenever he got the opportunity, "Snake" fired at him with Kellogg's gun and thanks to some critical hits the robotic beast finally went down.

Then came the assaultrons that attacked in pair. By mistake "Snake" shot one of them in a leg and that's when its weak spot was discovered - despite it wasn't destroyed, the assaultron was now slowed down and was crawling towards "Snake". He then repeated the procedure with the other assaultron and with both of them crawling against him he retreated and finished them off form a safe distance.

--

Though sentry bots were tough to destroy in previous games, in the Commonwealth they're from my experience the most difficult enemies.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 14 2018, 02:38 PM
Post #166

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 14 2018, 07:15 AM) *

Yesterday "Snake" Logan had the most difficult fight so far, far more difficult than deathclaws of the Glowing Sea - the sentry bot and two assaultrons at once attacked him as he was trying to leave the MF Reactor Chamber. He got "killed" in a few seconds, so upon reloading we were more careful and made sure that we didn't get attention of all of them at once, focusing only on the Sentry Bot first.

Nonetheless, he was a challenge to bring down, "Snake" was hiding behind stairs, moving left and right as the Sentry Bot was trying to hit him from above. Whenever he got the opportunity, "Snake" fired at him with Kellogg's gun and thanks to some critical hits the robotic beast finally went down.

Then came the assaultrons that attacked in pair. By mistake "Snake" shot one of them in a leg and that's when its weak spot was discovered - despite it wasn't destroyed, the assaultron was now slowed down and was crawling towards "Snake". He then repeated the procedure with the other assaultron and with both of them crawling against him he retreated and finished them off form a safe distance.

--

Though sentry bots were tough to destroy in previous games, in the Commonwealth they're from my experience the most difficult enemies.

Khajiit’s characters typically stay the f away from Sentry Bots whenever possible. They are devastating.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 14 2018, 03:09 PM
Post #167

Master
Group Icon

Sentry Bots and Assaultron Dominators are a nightmare.

But man do they make for one heck of a fight on Survival mode! devilsmile.gif

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 14 2018, 05:48 PM
Post #168

Master
Group Icon

Dominators, huh? So far we've encountered only regular ones, so I shudder at the thought of dominators.

A few minutes after my post above I played Fallout 4 and immediately came upon a Rust Devil accompanied by a nothing less but a Sentry Bot of course. Thanks to his relatively high Sneak skill and associated perks, Logan managed to critically hit the Sentry Bot, reducing his HP for about a half. Then we repeated the procedure from the MF Building - moving left and right behind a large rock while crouching, avoiding the furious robot's bullets. Occasionally Logan'd stand up and fire at him with Kellogg's gun. At some point the bot looked like it was setting on fire and that's when Logan destroyed it, because he got afraid that now he'll attack with flamer. Phew!

Speaking of Rust Devils, a few days ago Logan came upon a grup of 4-5 of them, accompanied by a Sentry Bot but for some reason the bot turned on them and finished them off but he was badly damaged after the fight was over so it wasn't difficult to destroy it. Not sure what had caused it to turn on devils unless it was a glitch or a random encounter.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 14 2018, 08:39 PM
Post #169

Ancient
Group Icon

In that last fight it may not have been a Sentry Bot, but a Tank Bot belonging to the Mechanist's Robot's faction. The Rust Devils and the Mechanist's robots slug it out a lot, and the Tank Bot of the Mechs looks a lot like a Sentry Bot.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 14 2018, 09:00 PM
Post #170

Master
Group Icon

Could be, because I remembered that the group of Rust Devils was slowly walking towards the Bot, so I thought that they belong together and that the Bot stayed behind. But as they got close enough, he attacked them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 14 2018, 09:00 PM
Post #171

Mouth
Group Icon

Got the Nuka-World expansion a few days ago. Mariah and Piper laid waste to the raider gangs of the park, and what a fight that was. Had to run around like crazy and take cover a lot. So many raiders and the named ones sure packed a punch. Now the traders are free. (Side note: initiating the fight with raiders counts as murders when you kill them. While I can understand why, considering what kind of people the raiders are I think that's garbage. Still, nothing that accessing the console couldn't fix).

Mariah and Piper are off to explore the rest of the park. I left off at Dry Rock Gulch, about to enter Mad Mulligan's Mine.

Also did the Automatron expansion last week and temporarily stopped going through the Vault-Tec expansion.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Aug 14 2018, 09:02 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 20 2018, 04:36 PM
Post #172

Mouth
Group Icon

So...inexplicably when I entered the Nuka-World market in my play session yesterday, all of the previously enslaved traders were down to their underwear. I don't use mods so it can't be that. The same with freed traders around Nuka-Town. Then later on in an even more inexplicable occurrence, some but not all of those same traders put their clothes back on.

Am I the only who has had this happen?

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 20 2018, 06:36 PM
Post #173

Master
Group Icon

I haven't played Nuka World yet but in my game Cricket's guards were wearing nothing but their underwear on a few occasions. But as I later reentered the same cell, they were dressed again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 20 2018, 08:47 PM
Post #174

Ancient
Group Icon

Yeah sounds like some buggy weirdness. Maybe try exiting the game and reloading a save game?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 20 2018, 09:17 PM
Post #175

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 20 2018, 11:36 AM) *

So...inexplicably when I entered the Nuka-World market in my play session yesterday, all of the previously enslaved traders were down to their underwear. I don't use mods so it can't be that. The same with freed traders around Nuka-Town. Then later on in an even more inexplicable occurrence, some but not all of those same traders put their clothes back on.

Am I the only who has had this happen?

I have had the same problem. I checked their inventories with the console, and they have clothing and armor. They don't equip it for some reason. I don't know why.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 21 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #176

Councilor
Group Icon

Hey, maybe they're just interested in having an underwear party. :tongue:

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 21 2018, 09:02 PM
Post #177

Ancient
Group Icon

Btw Renee, Hecate was listening to a holotape at Wicked Shipping the other day, and the guy talking said that their new business partner was 'wicked schiesty'.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 2 2018, 11:29 PM
Post #178

Ancient
Group Icon

Another update for Fallout 4 dropped yesterday or the day before. I see updates for F4SE, LooksMenu, MCM, and Transfer Settlements are now out for it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 3 2018, 12:09 AM
Post #179

Councilor
Group Icon

Wicked awesome. I like getting updates. I know some people don't.

And glad to see they've kept the MCM menu. That's another feature I really dig.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 4 2018, 11:13 PM
Post #180

Ancient
Group Icon

I modded Wildwood Cemetery into a fully fledged settlement for Persephone to live in. Normally it has a bunch of ghouls there. I set the Encounter Zone to start at level 1, so the they would be sure to be there and not spawn later. So naturally they were not there when recently started a new game with Persephone. Then after she was level 36 or so she returned home, and there was the ghoul horde! :facepalm:

--------------------
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:56 PM