Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

118 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Here Is The News..", The Elder Scrolls Online General Discussion Thread...
hazmick
post Jan 28 2016, 06:03 PM
Post #181

Mouth
Group Icon

Thieves Guild DLC release date announcement - PC/Mac on March 7th, Xbox One on March 22nd, and PlayStation4 on March 23rd.

It costs 2000 crowns, but as always ESO Plus members don't have to pay. A collectors bundle (it includes a mount, a pet, and some other stuff as well as the DLC) will be 4000 crowns.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 28 2016, 07:47 PM
Post #182

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks, hazmick! I am certainly getting at least the TG part. I wonder what the mount and pet will be. A grey fox? tongue.gif

I saw a Markarth Bear Dog in Davon’s Watch this morning. It is adorable!

ADDED: Jerric’s current heavy armor setup looks appalling, so I gave in (to pressure from Lil) and bought the poor man the Nedic Armor costume pack. He looks like a badass. Funnily enough he is getting group invites left and right since he started wearing it. I mean, that’s a costume you can buy, you don’t earn it! Lol. Either people don’t shop, or maybe the clothes do make the man!

This post has been edited by Grits: Jan 28 2016, 08:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jan 28 2016, 09:41 PM
Post #183

Mouth
Group Icon

On the Collector's Bundle - It includes the Thieves Guild DLC game pack, the Hammerfell Camel mount, the Kindlespit Dragon Frog pet, and five Crown Experience Scrolls.

Seems it's more of a Hammerfell theme than a thief theme. A good time to be a Redguard.

Grits - that Nedic pack is really nice (Haa-Rei's too skinny to pull it off though), has Jerric seen the Nord Hero outfit? It's only in the store for a couple of days. Quite pricey though.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 28 2016, 09:50 PM
Post #184

Councilor
Group Icon

I have been watching that Nord hero armor for Jerric, but when he tried it on this morning it was a no-go. He looked gorgeous, but gorgeous is not the look he’s going for. laugh.gif Also the price is whoa. If he loved it I’d buy it for him, but he did not at all love it.

Lil has her eye on that greenish looking hip-baring Hammerfell lady’s outfit. If you use the Hide Helmet option the headdress won’t show. It’s possible she’s just teasing Jerric by talking about it, but she really would like a dressy green outfit and here it (almost) is!

The camel could be hilarious, and I love frogs! biggrin.gif I thought the bears would look silly until I saw one in the game. Jerric has been riding a guar in Shadowfen. There are a lot of places that you wouldn’t bring a horse. I had no idea how fun an appropriate and somewhat exotic mount could be.

Thank you for the info, hazmick! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 21 2016, 04:13 AM
Post #185

Councilor
Group Icon

It pays to look at every scroll, note, and letter. Jerric knows a Nord woman who told him she is hoping that her beloved who is away will return in time for her birthday. He (Jerric) is presently far away from this lady now, and he has found a letter from her to her love that gave him a location on his map but no quest, which is refreshing. Now he plans to visit this location to tell the other lady that her beloved is bending every ear that passes with her wish that this other lady will get her tail back home for the birthday party. I suspect he will find something in the location, hopefully the adventuresome lady quite healthy but having lost track of the date. Perhaps something more sinister. This is more exciting to me than any of the quests!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Mar 18 2016, 11:47 PM
Post #186

Mouth
Group Icon

Either I've missed an announcement or Zenimax were very sneaky with a new addition to the crown store. Introducing the Freckled Guar pet, available for 700 crowns.

Here it is again, with the Guar mount for scale.

There's also a discount on mount upgrades at the moment, so you might want to pick those up if you've got any spare crowns lying around.

This post has been edited by hazmick: Mar 18 2016, 11:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
hazmick
post Mar 23 2016, 03:56 PM
Post #187

Mouth
Group Icon

Quick update on more stuff the Thieves Guild adds. A pack of 3 pirate costumes is now available in the crown store for 700 crowns, and on arrival in Abah's Landing you will get a free pet Jackal. I'll pop some screenies of all that in the screenie thread later. 5 new crafting motifs have also been added,

As well as the expansion, the game will have updated for everyone which has various changes and additions to pretty much every aspect of the game. It's worth going to the ESO official forums and reading through the patch notes. They're...extensive. Next time you log into the game, make sure to go over your skills and champion points to see what's changed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 23 2016, 08:49 PM
Post #188

Councilor
Group Icon

Aww, what an adorable little guar!

The TG expansion sounds great, I’m looking forward to seeing more of it. I’m unfortunately scarce for another day or two. I did manage to read the patch notes and found this little gem:

Bow:

Hawk Eye: This passive ability has been redesigned, and no longer increases the damage of your Bow abilities against off-balance enemies. It now increases the damage of your Bow abilities by 2/5% for 4 seconds after each successful Light or Heavy Attack, stacking up to 3 times.

Finally something for Lildereth! Though she’s also looking forward to seeing her friends in their pirate outfits. happy.gif

Thanks, hazmick!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Mar 23 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #189

Mouth
Group Icon

I was hoping there'd be even more bow stuff, maybe just a big ol' damage increase. Still, some really cool changes. My personal favourite is this one:

Unstable Clannfear (Unstable Familiar morph): This pet’s special ability will now heal you and the Clannfear for 35% of your maximum Health.

Whereas before the Clannfear healed you on death or de-summoning, you just use the summon spell when the Clannfear is active and it heals you both without de-summoning it. Basically a healing spell and a summon spell all in one skill slot. Makes a Sorcerer way easier to play.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 23 2016, 11:46 PM
Post #190

Councilor
Group Icon

I just tried this in-game, and wow! I doubt we will get to keep it for long! This healing will let Darnand switch back to a Destruction staff, his first love. He has been gritting his teeth and using a Restoration staff for Mutagen since he doesn’t have Entropy yet. He’ll keep it on the second bar for allies, but now he can dedicate himself to blowing things up.

I was hoping for more Bow power, too, but anything is an improvement. I see why in PvP they can’t allow archers to become too powerful, but it stinks for the solo archer in PvE. Lil has far more trouble as a dedicated Stamina archer than Jerric does in melee with his attributes split three ways. She has a Restoration staff on her second bar as well and uses it mostly to heal fleeing fellow archers when they dash past her pursued by a crowd. I guess there’s a reason why I’ve never seen a VR16 character with a bow on their back. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Apr 2 2016, 11:31 PM
Post #191

Mouth
Group Icon

So I keep seeing players with a pet Echalette and thinking "Where in Oblivion did they get that little cutie?". Turns out I just needed to fast travel to Orsinium.

As this (http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/02/22/loyalty-rewards-for-dlc-game-packs) explains, the Echalette and Jackal pets from the two DLCs are the start of a new trend within ESO.

Going forward, all DLCs will have something similar to give players a nice little freebie when they get the DLC (either through ESO plus or buying it separately.).

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 2 2016, 11:48 PM
Post #192

Ancient
Group Icon

And that is one reason why you have to download and install every DLC that comes out, even if you didn't buy it. Because you have to be able to see the DLC-specific creatures and items that other players with the DLC have.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Apr 3 2016, 12:27 AM
Post #193

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 2 2016, 11:48 PM) *

And that is one reason why you have to download and install every DLC that comes out, even if you didn't buy it. Because you have to be able to see the DLC-specific creatures and items that other players with the DLC have.

Correct. Most MMOs do it, to avoid any issues that may arise from a DLC player meeting a non-DLC player.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hazmick
post Apr 7 2016, 05:11 PM
Post #194

Mouth
Group Icon

Elven Hero Armour is available in the Crown Store until April 11th. It's the outfit worn by the Altmer mage in the trailers.

This is the second Hero armour that we've had (Nord was a few months ago) so I'd say it's a safe assumption that the Breton version will be coming soon.

EDIT: Haa-Rei is 50 crowns short of the 2000 crown asking price, which is disappointing since the outfit actually looks quite nice.

This post has been edited by hazmick: Apr 7 2016, 05:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
hazmick
post Apr 7 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #195

Mouth
Group Icon

Also - Until April 12th you can get a FREE Cake Voucher from the crown store, which starts a quest for a famous baker.

This is to celebrate ESO's 2 year anniversary.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 10 2016, 05:24 PM
Post #196

Councilor
Group Icon

The Elven Hero armor looks amazing. I have to buy my Crowns since I’m not a subscriber, so I’m letting this one pass me by. But it’s really gorgeous!

Stays-Up-Late ate his cake and leveled Alchemy into the 40s. Yum!! biggrin.gif

The white tiger pet looks awesome. It would be stunning as a mount. There’s a big one at the Evermore privateer’s dropoff who’s hanging out with a Khajiit who is there fishing. Darnand can’t help but stare when he has business there.

I’m looking forward to seeing the pride-king lion mount. I hope he’s as impressive as the bears.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 10 2016, 05:41 PM
Post #197

Ancient
Group Icon

Ate-His-Cake sounds like a perfect Argonian name. smile.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Apr 10 2016, 05:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 10 2016, 06:54 PM
Post #198

Councilor
Group Icon

Ate-His-Cake! laugh.gif Stays does have quite a cake belly. I made him thick. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Apr 14 2016, 05:51 PM
Post #199

Mouth
Group Icon

Wood Elf costumes and the Ancient Orc motif are now available for purchase in the crown store.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hazmick
post Apr 20 2016, 03:50 PM
Post #200

Mouth
Group Icon

Some info and a teaser trailer has been released for the upcoming Dark Brotherhood DLC. Very exciting.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXtW-atR_l8

Info: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/ne...hood-first-look

Info highlights: It will take place in a new area - The Gold Coast, and you will be able to visit Anvil and Kvatch.

A new passive skill line exclusive to members of the Dark Brotherhood.

Unique costumes, motifs and item sets inspired by the Dark Brotherhood.

The DLC will be released alongside a hefty patch which, among other things, will be removing Veteran Ranks! Praise The Hist!

--------------------

+Quote Post

118 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 03:05 PM