Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 64 65 66 67 68 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
Lopov
post Apr 10 2015, 04:58 PM
Post #1301

Master
Group Icon

Lol, six months in jail! laugh.gif I'm actually laughing because nobody knows why was she imprisoned.

As I said above, it's easy to get imprisoned for years if using default bounty values from Life in Prison. mellow.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 10 2015, 05:57 PM
Post #1302

Councilor
Group Icon

smile.gif

I'm actually not going to change the mod, the mod is perfect. If you murder somebody for instance, you SHOULD go to jail for a long time, assuming it's Manslaughter, and not Murder 1. But I really haven't a clue why she got a bounty. blink.gif Maybe she did play around with Toryg's war horn & Elisif. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 12 2015, 08:56 AM
Post #1303

Master
Group Icon

That's why I decreased its values because even the first murder will get you a bounty of 10,000 septims so if it's a manslaughter and you have some witness, you can quickly end up with a bounty of 100,000 septims or even more. laugh.gif That's what happened to one of my test characters who got in fight with guards because he accidentally stole some kettle and his head was worth 60,000 septims after the battle.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 15 2015, 02:07 PM
Post #1304

Councilor
Group Icon

Good grief, what a disaster for Claire. I agree about the mod, it seems like a good way to make prison mean something more than a few mouse clicks. I’d be more interested in playing a criminal if there were consequences to actually play through. Poor Claire, though, justice was not on her side. I’m glad you found a way to have her friends get her out. Mods are great but they’re no substitute for the player’s creativity!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 15 2015, 11:31 PM
Post #1305

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 15 2015, 09:07 AM) *

. Mods are great but they’re no substitute for the player’s creativity!

Yup, and sometimes we have to get creative. biggrin.gif Claire going to jail was actually good for my roleplay with her, in the sense that I felt like I bonded with her on a deeper level than usual. I felt her frustration, sadness, and boredom. After clicking on the crappy haypile (where she slept) over and over, and still seeing her in jail, this really made her story stronger in a way.

But sometimes we have to get creative. hehe.gif I've been incarcerated once in my life, so I know how it is to wake up everyday to the same four walls, and there's nothing you can do about this. My stay was nowhere near as long as Claire's though.

Claire Voyance and Aela are walking from Markath to Solitude, taking the long way. Looking for adventure, and whatever comes their way. (ha ha) The Dawnguard chick who was with them (Vori) decided to leave. That was really weird. CSR allowed Claire to persuade Vori to follow her around, but then one day, just like that, there was no more option to even speak to Vori anymore; all she would say is generic lines if Claire tried to speak to her.

So it's like she really left, in a way. She simply decided "Claire is doing some good things, but my heart lies with the Dawnguard." She made up her mind, and stuck to it.

Right now Claire in in Karwathsten. She rented a room in this village's tiny inn, and was surprised to find that she paid 50 gold, and doesn't even get her own room! .. Instead, she only gets a bed which is located in this one-room inn. XD And there are other people just walking around the entire time, eating and saying silly one-liners. So she is letting Aela sleep first, because it's just a good idea to have somebody stand guard, in this inn in which she knows nobody.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 15 2015, 11:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 18 2015, 02:11 AM
Post #1306

Councilor
Group Icon

Claire Voyance is in Whiterun, and has fully decorated Breezehome. Really looks more homey in there now. No, not homie, homey. biggrin.gif

Aela is still with her, but nobody else at the moment. Companion Share & Recruit has completely shut down on me, I literally cannot get a second person to follow her because that mod keeps glitching. sad.gif Sucks, because CSR is such a great mod when it works. But right now, it's pretty much the only mod I'm having problems with. Thinking of switching to Amazing Follower Tweaks, because Claire likes having at least two people with her at all times.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 18 2015, 02:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 18 2015, 08:40 PM
Post #1307

Master
Group Icon

I agree, Breezehome looks very good when decorated. Time for some natter, eh, Renee? And you know very well what kind of natter I have in mind. wink.gif

Try changing the load order of CSR, by manually moving it to the bottom. This is what worked when AFT glitched for me.

And there are other people just walking around the entire time, eating and saying silly one-liners.
biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Apr 18 2015, 08:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 19 2015, 09:19 AM
Post #1308

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh yes, I know which natter you are talking about: a warm coSy natter. X)

I will try that with CSR, although I don't see what other mod below this could be overwriting CSR.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 19 2015, 09:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 1 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #1309

Councilor
Group Icon

Morndas, 2:21 PM, Second Seed 25, 4th Era 202

Claire Voyance has paid off the loan she took out, finally, and with 13 days to go before the loan would .... um.... what's the word? Default. XD This loan (and many other things) is related to the Bank of Skyrim mod.

BoS offers loans on a 30-day basis. How much we can take when we apply for this loan depends on our character's level. What I didn't realize is that the way it works is pretty harsh. The debt placed upon the pc due to this loan compounds 4% daily. blink.gif Yeah. Do the math. This is not really bankish at all, Bank of Skyrim is much more like a loan sharking operation. huh.gif

Anyways, after 17 days, Claire's original 5,000 gp loan had just about doubled in size, so she really owed 10,000+ gp. Yikes. This is ridiculous!

Claire decided to go have a chat with Queen Elisif, woman to woman. She also decided to take that rude lady's advice (the one who says "If you're heading to the Blue Palace...."), and rethought the outfit she would wear before taking court with Elisif. This happened two days earlier, on Loredas. Claire greeted the court, and then explained her situation.

"Look.... I have been wrongly imprisoned.... and now I owe the town of Solitude quite some debt.... "

She explained how she has done nothing but help the Imperial cause in Skyrim, so why are they giving her such a hard time? She owned up to her original word, and paid 5,000 gold, AND spent 6 months in jail on top of that. Since Elisif is already familiar with Claire and some of her exploits, Elisif told Claire she'd give a day or two, talk it over with members of her court, before deciding on Claire's request. Claire spent Sundas inside the Hall of the Dead, in front of the Shrine of Arkay, deep in thought and prayer. indifferent.gif Wondering what the outcome might be, for this just wasn't right.

When she returned on Morndas, Claire learned her request had been granted: the banker would need to back off from his compoundment accusations. Claire (of course) was oh-so-grateful. She blessed several members of the court, then took her leave.

(yeah.... I had to interrupt here with a console command, but what the hey is up with those loan-sharking rates anyways? )

And now it is Morndas, and she is headed to Markath, where she, Lydia, and Aela the Huntress are going to collect on some bounty Claire has forgotten about.

This post has been edited by Renee: May 1 2015, 10:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 5 2015, 04:00 PM
Post #1310

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, those interest rates are a little much for a bank mod. I would expect something like that from a skooma dealer mod, yikes! The way Claire resolved her situation sounds very Claire. happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 6 2015, 01:29 PM
Post #1311

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 5 2015, 11:00 AM) *

Wow, those interest rates are a little much for a bank mod. I would expect something like that from a skooma dealer mod, yikes! The way Claire resolved her situation sounds very Claire. happy.gif

It's pretty ridiculous, isn't it? biggrin.gif I think it's designed this way for all the gamers out there who complain about having too much money, and nothing to spend it on. Even on Earth, these sort of rates are downright Mafia-ish, probably worse than Mafia.

Well, this pretty much concludes my Skyrim seasonal gaming until maybe October. I get the sense that now that it's warmer outside (outside....as in outside here on Earth) it feels weird gaming in Skyrim. Moving on mostly to Fallout 3, once again. We will join up with Claire Voyance, the White Wizard, and anybody else I've got in mind later on this year. Thank you.

This post has been edited by Renee: May 6 2015, 01:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 6 2015, 03:15 PM
Post #1312

Paladin
Group Icon

Renee - Good that dear Ellisef came through for Claire! Heh, summer hibernation for your Skygang, eh? May green grasses, cool waters and warm sands grace your summer!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 8 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #1313

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 1 2015, 11:09 PM) *
Anyways, after 17 days, Claire's original 5,000 gp loan had just about doubled in size, so she really owed 10,000+ gp. Yikes. This is ridiculous!
rollinglaugh.gif

A banking update from Claire - nice! smile.gif I liked that she sought help from Queen Elisif but the story in general made me laugh, especially because of ridiculously high monthly fees interest rates, as you say.

Well, this pretty much concludes my Skyrim seasonal gaming until maybe October. I get the sense that now that it's warmer outside (outside....as in outside here on Earth) it feels weird gaming in Skyrim. Moving on mostly to Fallout 3, once again. We will join up with Claire Voyance, the White Wizard, and anybody else I've got in mind later on this year. Thank you.

Same here, I think I'm done with Skyrim until fall or winter. My season lasted from early November until April and I achieved two important things - I actually managed to finish one questline, that is the Dark Broterhood, completed by Aard. And I managed to get Lucius halfway through the main quest.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 9 2015, 06:16 PM
Post #1314

Councilor
Group Icon

Lol "Monthly fees"

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 8 2015, 03:10 PM) *

Same here, I think I'm done with Skyrim until fall or winter. My season lasted from early November until April and I achieved two important things - I actually managed to finish one questline, that is the Dark Broterhood, completed by Aard. And I managed to get Lucius halfway through the main quest.

My season started rather late, but I did create three characters (Nasqaa, Claire Voyance II, and White Wizard), and got mostly done with Civil War through Claire's eyes. Who knows, maybe Claire will want to continue to adventure once she finally deals with Windhelm & Ulfric.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jun 14 2015, 09:14 PM
Post #1315

Master
Group Icon

Well, it looks like Argis/Jerric is expanding into new roles and new realms . . .

So maybe I will watch this movie when it comes out . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 14 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #1316

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Jun 14 2015, 04:14 PM) *

Well, it looks like Argis/Jerric is expanding into new roles and new realms . . .

So maybe I will watch this movie when it comes out . . .

ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh! *melts*

That is an awesome role. I can't wait! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Jul 26 2015, 10:56 AM
Post #1317

Knower
Group Icon

Hey guys!

It's been a while haha. I have a terrible habit of disappearing for long periods of time (work and general life annoyingness) but here I am!

So I've finally got Skyrim for my PC and, despite some frame rate/lag issues I am LOVING it!

I am playing a Lissa in somewhat of an alternate timeline where she was somehow taken from her own time into the future, ending up in Skyrim. I haven't quite figured it out yet haha.

I'm toying with a few face and hair mods ATM but nothing to game play effecting. I want to enjoy Skyrim as it is for a while before I go modding it tongue.gif

Anyway I will most likely be chatting about Skyrim a lot so I look forward to chatting to you all again!! Missed you guys smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Jul 26 2015, 06:35 PM
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 26 2015, 11:23 AM
Post #1318

Councilor
Group Icon

Rihanae, it’s great to hear from you! I can’t wait to see Skyrim Lissa when you’re ready. Jerric and friends travel back and forth between Cyrodiil/Oblivion and Skyrim with no worries about such technicalities as the timeline. Welcome to Skyrim! I look forward to Lissa’s northern adventures! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 26 2015, 12:42 PM
Post #1319

Paladin
Group Icon

Rihanae - You are hereby forgiven for Lissa's tardy arrival to Skyrim. As Grits said, don't let any of BethSoft's 200 year silliness interfere with her plans. Buffy also passes back and forth through the time and space barriers with no concerns. Keep us updated on Lissa's adventures! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 26 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #1320

Councilor
Group Icon

That sounds fun Rihanae. Skyrim on PC is mind-boggling, right?

--------------------
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 64 65 66 67 68 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:26 AM