Lord Revan
post Jul 27 2006, 03:17 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

ok everyone meet Revan's first friend smile.gif

---

Revan part 2/ chapter 1: Rhys

...... even in exile we care for the well being of our people as a 'whole', our cousins spurned us out of hate, we will accept them in love......

-Matriarch Tedra, adressing the Yutak-Noruk in sermon

Revan didn't know where the Dark Naryyn would settle, but he felt that Morrowind was a good place to start; he also believed his comfortability with caves and dark places was hereditarely imprinted on him. So he found himself walking through ghost gate on Vardenfell.
It really wasn't as bad as people said aside from the several ash ghouls that wandered the area, they were very ill tempered to outsiders intruding on their turf. Revan opened a wooden door at the edge of the trail only to hack of a group of five or six undead corpus monsters.

He reached out his hand and the beasts were thrown back by the wave of telekenetic wave, most made sickening crunching noises as they hit the walls of the cavern, but two were consumed by the pools of lava that dotted the floor.

Revan took the wake-up call to heart and activated his twin swords (both were more valuable to him than a cave full of gold, they were artifacts of Revan's ancestors who had abandoned Tamriel eons ago) both sprouted a single bar of silver light that could cut through almost anything like scrib jelly.

in another section of the tunnels.........

A group of bonewalkers staggered, waddled, and crawled around a small chamber deep under Red Mountain. One wandered around a cornerout of sight, several moments later it burst back into the view of its companions it lay dead on the floor in pieces; as the others looked up from the corpse they only caught a glimpse of a black clothed figure holding a double-edged hilt with two silver blades jutting out of the ends.

As the figure spun its sword/staff, kicking out as it did the undead were put to rest again............ The figure took a deep breath to calm down, and paused to detect a alluring presence-not undead- make its way down the upper areas. The black clothed being closed its red eyes and sat down to wait for the being who felt so...... so like her.

Revan............

Revan stood triumphant over the twenty bodies he had just slaughtered, and felt the presence of the other, he was sure that this person was one of his siblings. He began to sprint, deeper to find the other, slicing through every single zombie that stood in his way.....

High Naryyn stronghold.....

Xarkum was stunned with all that had transpired since his friend Revan, his sevro had escaped from the honor guards. The loss of all the future archeological finds was the last thing on his mind. Norik had assumed control of their operations and had purged all attempts at learning from the ruins; more importantly though was that Lord Xaries had been incarcerated, and Norik had taken over.

Xarkum's father had made the eradication of any Dark Naryyn on this world paramount, Xarkum was worried about Revan, the Honor guards themselves had been sent out along with troops to track down and destroy anyone who challenged his discisions.
Xarkum's uncle, Xaries had instructed him to stay out of the current turbulence for now, before he was imprisoned that is. Still not all of the High Naryyn had sided with Norik, and had banded together to resist his will; most had been loyal to Xaries or sympathised for the Dark Naryyn after meeting Revan.

The group didn't mean to start a conflict, but tension was mounting and Norik believed they were going to rebel against him. Some scouting parties had been sent in an attempt to find Revan (or any Dark Naryyn) but none had returned with news.

Norik was anxious, he had sent his honor guards and his most loyal warriors out to destroy the treacherous Dark Naryyn. But he was losing his patience with the group of followers that showed great reluctence to do as he instructed, they refused to see the truth that was right infront of them, he was in charge now. He had locked his brother away for his insubordination and treason, Xaries had not refused him and put up no fight.
Norik's full attention was devoted to the goal of this crusade, the extermination of the Dark Naryyn vermin, in particular the one that had escaped his wrath and murdered thirty of the faithful recruits, Revan was his prize. Norik wanted him alive, so he could torture Revan before his execution. But Norik felt uneasy about his honor guards, they had simply watched their prey elude them, and ignored his commands to pursue the infedel.

Honor guards were supposed to follow his orders to the letter, but they seemed to be......... independant, as though they thought for themselves. So could they disobey him if they wished? He shook his head to dismiss the disturbing prospect, he grabbed a nearby cup of some alchoholic beverage of this world and gulped it down. It burned his throat for several seconds after it made contact.

Dagoth Ur caverns............

Revan slowed down as he neared the presence, and spotted the dead zombies, he noticed the telltale marks of energy blades. Then he saw the figure sitting in the middle of the carnage. It......... no she opened her eyes, giving him a searching glance. Her eyes were red like his, and the skin that was visible was the same ashen tone as his, so she was another Dark Naryyn!

Rhys looked the armored figure up and down; she couldn't see the man wearing it, but his movements were like hers and she felt him exude confidence and........ and relief. He reached up with both hands and lifted the imposing mask-helm off of his head. He was as young in appearence as she was, she couldn't see any excess fat on his face, and his short hair was white (like hers) but was red in two strands above his sideburns. There were equally as dunmer-like except for their human like ears.

Revan saw understanding cross the womans face and felt that he could rely on her. "Greetings sevra-sister- my name is Revan" Rhys was surprised that she could understand the new word, but it was familiar even though she'd never heard it. "Greetings sevro, I'm Rhys." Revan sat down infront of Rhys and explianed all that he knew about the current crisis.

upper caverns.............

Captain Harrow ordered his men to halt as he inspected a decomposed corpse, yes there were the same burns marks on the body as the bodies of the thiry or so grunts that had died in the prisoner's escape. He ordered the other solders onward,knowing the vermin were close, the infedel's companion(s) were to be killed on the spot, but bring the one named Revan alive, the squad moved on.

Revan and Rhys........

Rhys listened intently no matter how unlikely Revan's statements were, she believed she could trust him. When Revan finished speaking he gazed at her, Rhys didn't think Revan was one to remove his helmet to someone he didn't trust, she believed everything he had told her. "So if the High Naryyn are killing our people were ever they find them, then we have to find our kin before they do."

Revan nodded, his face one of grim determination, "We should leave soon, before they find us, they probably want m-" Rhys gazed past Revans shoulder at the golden armored High Naryyn entering the chamber weapons at the ready, just as Revan's voice trailed off.

Captain Harrow grinned, his orders clear. "Revan, the High Naryyn Executionary force is here to take you to our glorious hand of the council." Both of the fallen ones got up, the male put his helmet back on. "We were ordered to kill any accomplices in your presence, but to take you to our lord alive." Harrow noticed Revan move subtlely block the female from harm, Harrow would have laughed, in Revan's situation he would be worrying about himself, oh well, we'll just have to take him by force. "Very well we shall take you by force," Harrow gestured for his men to open fire.

Revan and Rhys moved in unison in left and right, blades activated two single blades, one double blade. The battle was more of a ballet than a deathmatch, both effortlessly switching from offence to defence in tandem. They weren't thinking, they were reacting; both working together as though they'd know each other all their lives.
And the last thing Captain Harrow ever saw was not two, but four blades of Dark Naryyn origin swinging to snuff out his irrelevant life, like a candle against a cold breeze.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Apr 29 2007, 04:28 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 27 2006, 03:52 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

So he's found another one, and the mess up some High Naryyn. Fun stuff!

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 28 2006, 04:57 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Yes, Rhys is the first of many my friends.

but she will pay an important role as a second protagonist
+Quote Post
Mazelure
post Jul 28 2006, 09:45 PM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

Now it makes sense. I like how the two teamed up and took that one guy down. I mean that was realy good how they acted like one. Can all of them do that? Just team up and know each other's movement or was this something deep.

--------------------
you have to crack a few eggs in order to make and omelet
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 5 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

greetings everyone, I managed to find a hotel with a free internet connection.

Well I don't want to give anything away Mazelure, but yes there is something between Rhys and Revan. Still all Dark Naryyn have subtle connections that other races don't have.

Well I have to move on in a few minutes so I should be home next time I post.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 7 2006, 03:26 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

My father loaned me his device that has portable internet connection.

Naryyn are telepaths, but not invading other being's minds instead they communicate consiously(or subconsiously) and in the lose of private thinking(at least Dark Naryyn) have lost there vanity and some more tight-knit groups are brutally honest amounst themselves.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 7 2006, 05:14 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Naryyn are telepaths, but not invading other being's minds instead they communicate consiously(or subconsiously) and in the lose of private thinking(at least Dark Naryyn) have lost there vanity and some more tight-knit groups are brutally honest amounst themselves.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 7 2006, 05:35 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 7 2006, 05:43 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

AHHHH!!

I'm seeing triple! ......Or am I? Thanks for the new info though!

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 7 2006, 10:24 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Wow, I definitely don't want to mess with those two. They've got Telekinesis, my favorite trick! And a bunch of nice weapons complete with the skill (instinct?) to use them. Oh yeah, that executionary force is in big trouble. Please continue.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 9 2006, 04:14 AM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

I'm back, Wahahahaha....... HA! Its good to be home laugh.gif

-------

Revan part 2/ chapter 2: Rhys' Past

Of the original 15 Dark Naryyn clans, only five escaped from the Tamriel. Of the ten left behind...... their fate is unknown, them and the 'herald' that was believed to reunite our scattered race.

Revan tried to calm his breathing, he hadn't thought, but only reacted in the brief skirmish with Captain Harrow's squad. Apparently Rhys was having the worse deal (likely her being new to the conflict).
He stopped powering his twin blades and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. Rhys shakely deactivated her double blade,"I'm fine, let's just get out of here."
"We should go deeper," Revan suggested,"There could be more on the way."

Rhys had been fond of caves since her childhood, they felt safe despite the creatures that commonly occupied them, her old friends had never understood why she felt more at home in a cave than a warm house. Still her friends had all been humans(imperials), but all of them were dead of course, they were the weakest warriors against the enemy called time. Elves weren't any more comfortable than humans for her....

She had been raised in Cyrodiil; Rhys had never known her parents, she had been found in the wilderness outside of Bravil one-hundred and ten years ago, at the age of five. The Bravil watchman had found her at dusk in a clearing, his name was Barrik. Barrik had always admired elves and took Rhys as his own daughter, Rhys remembered fondly those precious few years of dotage and friendship.

At the time there weren't any elven residents in Bravil, so her childhood friends had been a small band of imperial children all around her age: Markus, Casus, Lex, Zarum, and Aron. When they were older, they all loved to go out in the wilderness adventuring. The Imperials bragged they could do everything Rhys could, but she always beat them with her readiness to rush into the caves around their village.
Barrik would always be at the gates in his watch armor when they got back, but he would just shake his head and invite them to tell the story of that days adventure.

But those inocent years ended when Barrik, the closest thing Rhys had ever had to a father, was murdered on patrol by an organized band of highwaymen. They had been returning to Bravil, but Barrik wasn't at the gate to welcome them back, at first they had thought he had been held up, and decided to tell him in the morning.
Casus woke her up and together they gathered the rest of the group by the river, before he told them the news. Rhys was grief-stricken, while the others were rendered speechless, Barrik had been a large part of everyone's world. Rhys left Bravil that, she wandered for decades, helping people to scrape out a living, before ending up in Vardenfell......

She decided to enter Ghostfence to search for a priest that had gone missing a few days ago days for the Ordinators. She found the priest's corpse outside the entrance to this cavern, and decided to explore it......... then she had felt Revan.....

Now for the first time in her life, Rhys had found a link to her heritage. She would follow Revan, not only because he was a fellow Dark Naryyn, but because whether Revan knew it or not, he had given Rhys a purpose.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Apr 29 2007, 04:30 AM
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 9 2006, 05:24 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Interesting bio on Rhys, though depressing that she lost Barrik. Hopefully she'll find some moments of friendship or build some kind of posistive relationship with Revan, it seems like she needs it.

Give her a big hug Revan! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 9 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

I love flashbacks. It is also pleasant that she didn't have a traumatic youth. (Well, at least the first part sounded quite happy.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 11 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

ok, new update everyone biggrin.gif

-----

Revan part 2/ chapter 3: The Most Well Kept Secrets of Dagoth Ur

Deep in the recceses of the caverns, a small group of mysterious creatures were jolting around their chamber and chittering excitedly around a clutch of zombies who seemed intent on grabbing the leaping beasts. To the creatures these undead were a joy to toy with, because no matter how hard the bonewalkers tried they were just to slow to catch their agile assailants.

Suddenly, all the creatures skillfully climbed the large boulders that dotted the cavern, now out of reach. On the largest stone was a single specimen featuring three bioluminecent antenai, instead of the more common single antena. It flared up its glowing head-tails as it shrieked; all of the creatures joined in, antenai flaring up.
The effect was more than apparent after a few moments; the pebbles that carpeted the cavern floor trembled and flew across the floor. The undead were slipping across the floor just like the pebbles. To anyone with an affinty with magic, or other supernatural forces the chamber would have pulsated with the psionic force eminating from the antenaied creatures.

The last thing the bonewalkers felt was the lava pool they had been shoved into. The dominant male, the one with three tentacles, cocked its snouted head and felt the air with its antenai. It felt more death on the upper levels and......... the distinct presences of his masters' race make their way down toward his packs chamber.
Oddly, he didn't recall any of the villagers leaving for the surface recently, never the less his pack would greet them when they arrived, He stomped his clawed foot and marshalled the herd.

Revan......

The lich raised its staff in an attempt to block Revan's blade, and failed as the energy sword simply cleaved the staff in half. Revan cast a glance in Rhy's direction as she sliced through a cluster of zombies with her double ended saber-staff.
All the undead were on the floor except one, a zombie Revan had sliced in two who stubbornly reached for his left leg while lacking its lower section and its left arm, Revan simply smashed its skull with his boot. He walked to a nearby pool of waterand wiped the gore of it in the water, Rhys sat down beside him and waited patiantly.

Revan had to admit he had taken a liking to Rhys; she didn't break down in a pinch. Second, she seemed to be someone Revan could depend on, and therefore could depend on him. And for some reason he felt connected to her in a way he never had with anyone before, not even Xarkum.

The memory of his best friend caused him to feel a moment of regret, when he had fled the High Naryyn stronghold in Valenwood he had left without giving a farewell to his friend. He hoped that Xarkum and Xaries, Xarkum's uncle, were still alright. Most of the capable High Naryyn warriors were loyal to Xaries, and hopefully still were, but if they weren't...... Revan didn't want to think of the possible consequenses.

Rhys...

Rhys watched Revan finish washing off his boot, with his helmet on few could tell what he thought, but she couldn't help but be vaguely aware of what Revan thought. Maybe all Dark Naryyn were connected on this level, but that didn't feel right. Revan didn't seem aware of her sifting through his thoughts, but she was able to listen to them.

He had metioned Xarkum and Xaries before the squad of High Naryyn solders ambushed them, Revan said the both were sympathetic to our kinsmen, but not that he and Xarkum had become best friends. Revan had also left out that Norik, the one who hated our hind so much, was Xarkum's father and that Xaries was his uncle.
But what Rhys found most mysterious was the white 'spirit' that had appeared to Revan and offered him council. She stopped there, she didn't have the right to invade one's most private sanctum, and certainly not Revan's.

Revan took the lead, but stopped to gaze at the edge of a boiling pool of lava. On the edge were several charred corpses, some looked like they were trying to get out of the pool when they died.
Rhys stopped to study the bodies, while Revan turned his attention to the floor, claw marks were visible all over the ground, not only that but there was a perimeter of small stones and pebbles all seemed to have skidded across the floor, not picked up. Then Revan looked at the other side of the chamber.....

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Apr 29 2007, 04:35 AM
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 11 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Hmmm these new creatures are interesting, I wonder if there's a connection going on between these things and Revan....

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 11 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Interesting creatures indeed. (people? They sounded at least somewhat intelligent) Well, I wonder how the 'conversation' will go.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 12 2006, 02:08 AM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

well these facinating creatures are connected to their master's race (the Dark Naryyn), while being animals they are at the human level of intelligence. They can understand us, but can't vocabulate in our sentient tongues.

PS: as we delve deeper into the Naryyn's ways, I will post information as it becomes available(ie: a lexicon). cheers! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Aug 13 2006, 04:43 AM
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 14 2006, 05:24 AM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Well here's the expanation of the creatures from before biggrin.gif

--------

Revan part 2/ chapter 4: Our Masters

"The loyal Marhun Kar stayed behind to cover our retreat, none have made contact with us since the second diaspora."

There were must have been twenty of them, several darted about restlessly, while others hissed and snorted at on another. The creatures looked similar to birds, they were bipeds standing around six-seven feet when upright. Their heads were like those of Argonians, scales covered them all over, and their snouts were longer, even needle-like.

Menacing could easily be attached to them, their eyes were green and the pupils were vertical slits, but they an uncomfortable way of looking at you, almost like they knew exactly what you are. Their hands and fingers seemed perfect for grasping prey, each slender fenger possesed a single two-inch razor-sharp claw.

But what caught Revan's attention most was the antena-looking things which sprouted from the base of each one's skull' the ends gave off a blue and purple glow that radiated in pulses in the air around them. Revan felt Rhy's surprise as she looked up from the dead zombies, but she, for her part, didn't make any noise that could provoke the avian/reptilian creatures.

A single creature sporting three antennas-a male?- slowly strode across the chamber, and stopped before them looking between Revan and Rhys. The male stared into Revan's faceplate, sending a chill down his spine, he turned and honked at the pack, and resumed staring at Revan's visor. Revan suddenly felt a pulse in is head, accompanied by an alien presence, He almost flinched the predator was in his head.

The world disappeared before Revan's visor and in the darkness the male stode into view and gazed at him. "You aren't from the village," The voice resonated from the creature without any movement of its mouth. "Who are you and why have you come?" Revan had seen lots of weird things while he served the daedric lords, but he had never had a one-on-one conversation with any sort of smart animal. "I am Revan and my friend-and companion- is Rhys, we came here hoping to find refuge from the High Naryyn."

It occured to him that this animal didn't know what the High Naryyn were, but its reaction made it clear it did know of them. For an animal (if not an amazingly intelligent one) it did made an excellent expression of shock and...... fear. It shook its head,"If what you say is true, than I must take you and your female to my masters." "Your masters?" Slowly the black veil began to dissapate, and the male paused to face Revan,"The Dark Naryyn, your kin."

Xarkum....

Xarkum knelt in the snow on top of a forested hill and had to admit that he had found a small fragment of courage within himself after he and the rest of the resistence had deserted the excecutionary force.

It was only two days before that they had escaped...... maybe 'escaped' wasn't the proper term, Norik had pushed for moving their headquarters to Skyrim, and the resistence had stolen some previsions and fled into the tundra. It certainly couldn't be called brave, but at least they weren't being hunted down like Revan and the other Dark Naryyn...... yet.

Xarkum was interrupted by one of his comrades grabbing him from behind, and hualing him to his feet. He recognized Kartah, one of the warriors loyal to his uncle Xaries, she was his only (none-scholar) friend.

"Quit daydreaming Xarkum, even the the CO's own son needs to help put up his own prefab, time is running out." Slowly He followed her toward the campsite. Yes, he thought, time was running out for them, if they couldn't find Revan and his brethren soon then that was it, they wouldn't stand a chance when Norik would find them........

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Apr 29 2007, 04:38 AM
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 14 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Ooooo, sounds like we're going to meet some more Dark Naryyn. I wanna see some more!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 15 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

And the chase is on! I'm waiting4updates. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:00 PM