11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Revan part 2, the wanderer, Revan
Lord Revan
post Aug 17 2006, 01:32 AM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

sorry guys i just haven't had time since school started again sad.gif , but I'll post sometime this weekend.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 17 2006, 02:09 AM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

I know what ya mean, depending on homework load, posts are going to get a bit slower from me once school starts in September. I picked some fairly easy courses this year (final/extra year = fun courses!) so I should maintain a steady update rate.

Then again, my update rate has never been as brisk as yours, Jack's, Tellie's, or Black's has been. So I'll eagerly read it once you update.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 20 2006, 07:56 AM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

Ok, I have to go to sleep in a few minutes.

-----

Revan part 2/ chapter 5: A Safe Haven

Norik was uneasy with the recent turn of events: the rebels had fled with enough food and supplies to last them months, the fallen ones had eluded his men, and most troublesome of all was that his honor guards were becoming harder and harder to manage, almost like they had minds of their own.

The Honor Guards were supposed to follow a master's commands to the letter, no loop-holes and no misinterpretations. So were his rebellious? They scared him now more than the Dark Naryyn they were supposed to hunt.

He shook himself back to the present, the troops were moving to a new location in a place the locals called Sosthiem, or something. This presented an improvment: the nearby island of Verda.... Vardo...-Norik cursed the natives of this world (he hoped the council would let him burn it from orbit when this was all over) was a logical location for the vermin to hide, seeing a race of similar looking sentients inhabited the island. After his men finished digging in, they would send scouting parties in after the Darkies.

Rhys......

Rhys felt more connected with Revan, she could make out small sensations and emotions that he exuded. She sensed that there was a temporary telepathic link between him and the pack leader, but she decided not to interupt them.
The other creatures were patiently awaiting their leaders return: some were sniffing the air, and the others seemed to be communicating via flashes of their antenna, verbal snorts, and what she suspected was telepathy. Slowly both Revan and the male began to move again, the pack leader snorted and honked at its comrades.

Revan filled Rhys in on the details of the 'conversation' as both fell in step with the pack as they continued their desent. The caverns soon gave way to architecture similar to the ruins that the High Naryyn had studied.
After a couple hour of walking, the group stopped in a small room to rest, while the creatures layed down Revan took Rhys aside to teach her how to read the runes covering the walls. By the time the creatures were ready, Rhys had learned to read the markings on the walls-apparently not all Naryyn could read them instinctively.

As they passed through the doorway, Revan could make out a huge chasm in the floor; it was much to far to jump the walls, and were tilted at an angle that was impossible to kick off, so he couldn't see how the were getting past it. The creatures were talking amongst themselves about who-knows-what, before all of the pack nodded and dispersed from the huddle.

They all stood five feet apart along the side of the chasm, they started to growl; slowly their antennas glowed brighter as they became louder. The air became distorted around them, Rhys lost her footing just before Revan lost his, everything in the room was floating!

The entire group was suspended by the telekentic power of the pack, and slowly they crosssed over the crag. When they reached the other side the entire pack collapsed on the floor exausted, and frankly Revan couldn't blame them, what they had just accomplished was extaordinary.

When the group entered a large open chamber they loosed a howl that echoed across the space, after a few moments severalanswering calls were sounded. Revan could just make out several small groups taking up the call, the pack leader beckoned them to follow. The group rounded the corner and finally saw it.......

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Apr 29 2007, 04:41 AM
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 20 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

What, what did he saw? blink.gif These little critters are amazing. I want to see more of them.

And no, Norik, you may not destroy the planet from orbit. If you try, I swear that you will get every single fanfic character on this forum knocking on your door. And some of them are VERY powerfull. Heck, what am I saying? You won't even know what happens before you are disintregated together with your house in a barrage of spells. nono.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 20 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #25

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Another good read.....oh my.....need no more books I reckon!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 20 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #26

Master
Group Icon

I still have the time for books, but these fan fics are excellent as well, this one among many, many others.

These new characters are always interesting to read, just because they stand out in contrast to the standard TES races. Each time we learn something new. I love it!

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 21 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

Thanks guys smile.gif , Metal Mallet I think I'll post some info updates as we go along.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 23 2006, 03:32 AM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

I'll try and write a post tommarow, until then

------

Information post:

Naryyn: Originally not of Nirm, all Naryyn are native to a planet light years from Nirm. Both species differ in general temperment, but share powerful psionic abilities and great intellect.

High Naryyn: Though the heirarchs all hate the Dark Naryyn's guts, most of the race (in general) tend to avoid making the choice: "Are you with us or against us." H. Naryyn lack the physical to mental affinity of their brothers, but make up for it in rank-and-file tactics, and unimaginable amount of mental energy
(Ex: blasts of energy)

Dark Naryyn: They look like dunmer, and some act like dunmer. The D. Naryyn are gifted with uncanny acrobatic and athletic skill (not to mention their mentally enhanced reflexes). They have melted into the local populace of Tamriel, and now their vengeful brethren have come to eradicate them and anyone that shelters them. Though they fight back against the High Naryyn, the Dark Naryyn ultimatly wish for their full species to be united as one again.

The Culture:

They D. Naryyn society is clan-based, each tribe with specific abilities and talents.

The Marhun Kar were 'beast tamers' and were one of the many clans to be left behind on Nirm.

The Dark Naryyn leaders are all female matriarchs who have dedicated their lifes to their people, and to the common hope of Naryyn reunification.

Lexicon:

Hurso' (her-so) noun, Naryyn: blood
Hurso' eto (her-so it-oh) noun, Naryyn: blood bond/ link
Sevra (sev-ra) noun, Naryyn: female sibling/ sister
Sevro (sev-row) noun, Naryyn: male sibling/ brother
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 23 2006, 04:06 AM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

Thanks for the info Revan. Your new culture is proving to be quite intriguing. I'm sure you'll share more with us as you continue to write, and I look forward to it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 24 2006, 03:15 AM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

Revan part 2/ chapter 6: The Mahun Kar

The village (hardly the right word for it) was stunningly beautiful, the towering pillars, majestic spires, and the enthralling pulse of energy. Rhys glanced at Revan, who stood beside her, she couldn't see his expression, but he was as captivated by the city as she was. The pack leader poked him with his snout urging them onward to the city. The town was located in a five kilometer pit-- it filled the entire bottom of the sinkhole-- which happened to be a hundred feet deep (it took the group a few minutes to climb down the face.

Two armor-clad Naryyn were waiting at the foot of the cliff to greet them, the pack scampered of deeper into the city.
"Greetings sevro, sevra, welcome to our santuary," The taller one said. "What has brought you to us?"
"Unfortunatly bad news," Revan replied
"In that case, we will take you to our Matriarch.
Revan and Rhys fell into step with the two guards, but Rhys couldn't shake a feeling of impending doom as they approuched the largest structure.

Revan couldn't help but feel relief, he and Rhys had finally found their people, and now they could use this place to rally their scattered bretheren to fight back against the Haigh Naryyn. They passed several heavily armored guards as they approached the main structure (a palace?). The large gateway closed behind them and the interior of the building was well illuminated--and now they could rely on their nomal eyesight. The coucil chamber was dominated by a circular table surronded by chairs, at the other end the matriarch entered. She wore a cloth over her lower face (like Rhys), and black and gray robes, her gaze told of a great knowledge and wisdom, but despite her long life she looked as young as thirty (that wasn't a surprise, he and Rhys looked like twenty year olds). The Matron was accompanied by two other beings, most likely advisors or consorts. She gestured for them to take a seat, as she took her own, the tall guard whispered in her ear, she nodded and dismissed him. "You say that misfortune has brought you to us?"
"Yes, Ma'am we have come here because the High Naryyn have come to this world, many of our kinsmen have been killed by them already," Revan answered. The matriarch exchanged glances with her advisors,"None who live in this settlement have ever seen let alone fought with our brothers before, that means your the most expierienced warriors here. From what clan do you two hail?" Revan quickly glanced at Rhys, her answering look confirmed his suspicions. "Niether of us grew up amognst our kin, we were raised separatly by the natives of this world." The Matriarch and her consorts appeared taken aback by this. "If the High Naryyn are here, than we must rouse the city to repel them," An armor wearing one--an officer?-- advised. "You are right we must be ready and on our guard, in the mean time," She turned toward them,"You will be shown the city and learn about our ways."
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 24 2006, 04:02 AM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

Yay! I love the promise that future knowledge shall be given! This city is rather cool too, a giant pit city located in a cave. Very interesting...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 26 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Ok here's the next update. smile.gif

-------

Revan Part 2/ chapter 7: Learn Our Ways.......

It had been four or five days since the resistence had deserted the army, and they had left Skrim two days ago. Now..... well now they were in search of Revan and his people, in the most obvious place of all Morrowind (specifically Vardefell), unlike Norik they had mingled with the natives and had gained good intel on the island itself. Xarkum was tiring of the constant sojourn toward the volcano of Vardenfell, but he wasn't the only one, even by-the-book Kartah was exausted. But it was the Dark Naryyn possesed enhanced physical attributes, the High Naryyn were blessed with more potent mana, this was what wasn't helping the small army (actually there were only three platoons of solders, and a mixed assortment of scholars, engineers, support, and shock troopers). The worst thing was that they had left their heavy mechs (tanks and other armored vehicles with their masters) this fact denied them not only firepower, but fast travel.

At noon one of the scouts reported that 'ghost gate'--the enterence to Dagoth Ur-- was nearby, that was great news to the rebels, so great in fact that they all packed up and arrived in an hour.

Marhun Kar village.......

Revan wasn't one to get hyped up on adrenaline, but he was probably to faint from shock, he was suspended on a wall in one of the training rooms. It had been a few days since he and Rhys had arrived, he had wanted to hit the training rooms, well it seemed they had hit him hard. One of the other trainees took a couple of rounds to the chest, the rounds weren't permanatly damaging, but they HURT!

He dropped down from the ceiling avoiding a hurso-blood- blast, it turned out that all Naryyn had once lived side by side eons ago, but when a percentage of the populace brought another interpretation of the blood power that flowed through their viens, the future High Naryyn were furious and a civil war broke out. The few survivors on both sides were transformed into the two races know today. A holographic soldier raised his rifle and took aim at him. But the Revan's people lost the war, and were exiled from their home, but all kept in their hearts that the High Naryyn would forgive them. Revan raised his hand to stopped the projectiles mid-flight, while another of his borthers rolled behind the holo image and impaled it through the chest, as the image faded both gave each other a kurt nodd and continued hacking through the holograms.

Revan was sweating horribly and had trouble catching his breath, but he had been fortunate not to have been shot, the 'dead' men limped toward a cluster of hollowed-out pillar like structures which would heal and rejuevenate them. The holo rounds weren't lethal, but they could maim and otherwise harm for a short time. One of the veterans sat opposite of him, Revan recognized him as the one who had stabbed the holo that had shot at Revan. He had his helmet beside him, Revan removed his own to be respectful. "Your the one who arrived a few days ago," He said, holding out his guantleted hand. "Yes sevro, I'm Revan," Revan answered, shaking his hand. "Name's Darhun, nice moves back there, self-taught?" "Thanks, yes mostly, I adapted the role of an assassin while I grew up." "Indeed, none of this city have been to the surface long, we don't need supplies, but we realize that we must know what is going on. Also the captains at ghostfence know that we exist, though we only rise from the depths every decade, even then there are only three of us that leave." Both stood and walked out together, "My family would enjoy you and your compainon's company for dinner." "We'd like that, I'll meet you in front of the centadel." With that they went their separate ways.

It occured to Revan he hadn't seen Rhys in two days, oddly he was filled with regret, he realized he had grown used to her company. He had never been that close to someone before, it felt strange not bad but strange all the same.

At first he wandered aimlessly, but suddenly he felt Rhy's familiar presence, he jogged past several other Naryyn, of both sexes. Revan in the meditation plaza, in the center was a huge fountain, but he was struck by the magnitude of concentrated energy, not to metion the flood of different presences. It was disorientating, but also refreshing. He spotted Rhys sitting beside the fountain, with a small girl beside her. He strode toward them, the girl looked around twelve years old, and was wearing Rhys' cloth on her head, Revan glance was fixed on Rhys' uncovered face mesmerized. Rhys was beautiful even with it on, but it was the first time Revan ever had the chance to see her entire face. He succeeded in composing himself, and also realized she was exuding a maturnal affection toward the child, while the latter felt in kind. This was completely alien to Revan, he had never expierienced any acceptable level of affection in his youth, or ever. Rhys looked up as he approached and smiled, it wasn't intended to but it unerved him, the girl looked at him as well (even though Rhys' cloth was covering her upper face, even her eyes) cocking her head. Revan nearly flinched, the girl was looking at him not only physically, but she must have gleaned some of his feelings before he rebuffed her. "Good to see you, Revan, this is Nara," Rhys indicated the girl. The child remained silent, that sent a chill down Revan's spine. "Nice to you to, Rhys," He bowed to her and the girl. "I talked to a warrior in the training room, he's offered us dinner with his family." "That's great, we're both getting hungry," She said smiling.

Time was impossible to keep underground, so the threesome went straight to the citadel. Revan quickly spotted Darhun who waved to the from across the square.

half an hour later......

They had a great night: the food had been excellent, everyone shared stories, and Revan and Rhys caught up on their missed time. Suddenly a guard threw open the door and shouted,"The watch has spotted a small group of High Naryyn entering the cavern!"

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 26 2006, 05:41 AM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

Information post-

Characters-

Darhun: Dark Naryyn male, Marhun Kar watchman
Harrow, Captain: High Naryyn male, status KIA
Kartah: High Naryyn female, sargent of High Naryyn Navy, Xarkum's best friend
Nara: Dark Naryyn female, role undetermined
Norik: High Naryyn male, Antagonist, father of Xarkum, and brother to Xaries
The Spirit: ??? female, mentor?
Revan: Dark Naryyn male, protagonist
Rhys: Dark Naryyn female, secondary protagonist, Revan's closest friend
Xarkum: High Naryyn male, Revan's first real friend, son of Norik, and nephew of Lord Xaries
Xaries, Lord: High Naryyn male, Norik's brother, Xarkum's uncle, charismatic leader

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Aug 26 2006, 05:46 AM
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 26 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

Don't worry Dark Naryyn Dudes! It's just the nice High Naryyn!

And yay! Characters!

Keep it rollin' Revan!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 26 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

thanks MM, smile.gif I might write more tonight.

-----

I plan to write at least two more parts of Revan's life, some on and off Nirm. I think by next summer I'll have begun on part 3, only time will tell.....
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 28 2006, 04:32 AM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

Revan part 2/ chapter 8: Reunion

Xarkum was one of the first to enter the next cavern, he was astounded, it was HUGE!! It could be a couple of miles from the enterence to the far wall. Kartah stopped beside him and also appeared dumb-struck. "I've never seen anything like this anywhere," She whispered. "I've never seen or read of world of such wonders," He replied. Both sprinted to catch up with the officers leading the colum. After a few minutes they could just make out the outline of a cliff, but not how deep it was.....

Revan hardly recalled being the moments after the guard had roused them. He remembered exchanging glances with Rhys and Darhun before they all charged out of the house with the guard. They had scalled the the wall opposite the cliff that the High Naryyn were gathering, and hung from the stalagtites that jutted from the ceiling. No one spoke, no one breathed, all communitcation was through gestures, and telepathic ideas and incentives. One of the captains projected....... 1....... 2....... On three, around seventy shadow warriors plummeted from the ceiling on the intruders.

At first it was only a slight unease, the incoherent panic, we shouldn't be here........ we shouldn't be hear, the thought pulsed through every one of the rebel as they neared the cliff. It felt oddly like the imbodiment of fear itself, they all felt like scared little children diving headfirst into the abandoned house of a long forgotten family. Xarkum heard the whisper of a breeze, which was odd, he thought, why should there be a breeze deep under a mountain? He glanced upward and flinched as a armored body landed in front of him. Kartah had her rifle raised in an instant, finger layed on the trigger, but another two being dropped behind her, one wearing bulky but artistic body armor the other wore nothing except black robes and a cloth obscuring her mouth and nose. But the figure in front of him wore familiar armor......

Rhys and Darhun were capable of killing the soldier and it seemed the soldier could kill him, but Revan didn't need his night enhanced vision to recognize Xarkum. He was as good at cloaking his emotions as before, but he was a welcome sight none the less. The Naryyn of both sides remained still, niether wanting to start the firefight. It seemed that all the High Naryyn were simply stunned by the surprise attack, while Revan's siblings waited for a reation. To Revan it was odvious that these weren't a part of the Executionary Force (at least not any more). "Sevro, I take it you deserted?" Xarkum managed a nervous grin, " and I take it you've found a place to stay." Rhys, Darhun, and the soldier cast a series of dubious glances, all went ignored. "I see that you need what we have and you have want we want." "You can see through me like a bloody text, Sevro" Revan finally adressed the Dark Naryyn to stand down (technically he was the most knoledgeable officer).

------I have to go to bed, I'll continue tomarrow---
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 28 2006, 05:00 AM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Fine with me, this meeting looks interesting so far.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 29 2006, 02:33 AM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

Revan part 2/chapter 8 (cont).

Both sides were ready to stand down, and Revan's brethren lead their high siblings into the city (a runner had already been sent to the palace to call for a brief council). The Matriarch and her consorts were still in deliberation. Everyone made use of the time by giving introductions and exchanging stories. The brave soldier that almost killed him was a female sargent (and Xarkum's best friend) named Kartah, as the introductions were wrapped up everyone bowed respectfully.

As for the other deserters, most seemed courtious (even complimenting the masterful ambush) and relieved to have been caught off guard by friends instead of foes. High Naryyn tactics were completely alien to Revan and the other Dark Naryyn, in their opinion, striding in rows toward the enemy was almost suicidal. And the idea of always hitting the opposing force head on was unorthodox at the very least, but it seemed the High Naryyn only used sneak attacks as the last weapon in their advanced arsenal.

Nara appeared shortly after, and sat on Rhys' lap (both were projecting pulses of affection). Revan still couldn't understand such displays of emotion, but Xarkum, Darhun, and Kartah showed no signs of unease (but they all probably had families at one time).

An hour later the palce doors parted and the ruling party stepped out to adress the High and Dark Naryyn.
"After much debate, we have decided to offer amnesty to the High Naryyn resistence," Her voice washed throughout the plaza filling everyone with happiness....

later that night......

Darhun and his kin insisted that Revan, Rhys, Xarkum, and Kartah sleep with them for the night. Nara and Rhys shared a pair of coaches, while Xarkum and Kartah decided to sleep in guest room, Revan opted to lay on the floor. he removed his armor, but left the suit he wore under it on. He watched Rhys and Nara rest, both lying serenly together. He just couldn't understand what was going on between them, but Revan never had anything like a family, or even a friend (aside from the ones he had now). As such relationships were beyond him, by Azura he didn't even understand his new feelings for Rhys. Suddenly he felt Rhys' stare, there was something about her look that he'd never seen before. He rolled beside them and for the second time in decades slept in peace........
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Aug 29 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

That was a hairy situation for a moment. I'm glad it got defused. Very interesting description of the city and Dark Narynn training. Holograms and rifles. These guys (and girls) actually seem to be rather high-tech compared to the rest of Tamriel.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 29 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

I'm sure the interactions between the next batch of High Naryyn won't be as candid as this meeting was. Beware!!

Do I see a developing relationship between Rhys and Revan? Or are my eyes deceiving me? I'll guess I'll find out in the future...

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:39 AM