> Dreams, dreams we've had inspired by videogames :lol:
macole
post Nov 19 2020, 07:23 PM
Post #341

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 19 2020, 07:18 AM) *

Finally had another game-inspired dream. sleep.gif

It's happened to me a few times. Some not many of Jandaga's reactions to events recorded in his adventure journal have been inspired by my dreams. An example is Jandaga doing the Vaermina daedric quest. Since doing the Adense Epic Dungeon mod quest in 2018 this was our second meeting with Vaermina so my dream engagement with Vaermina at her shine got a little cheeky. only problem is by the time I woke up and started typing much of the good stuff had faded away. I was left with;

Placing the black soul gem on the shrine I called out. ”Vaermina, it is I, the Jandaga. Come forth and treat with me.”
The cosmos shifted and there I was standing before the great daedric prince Vaermina.
“Dear Vaermina, your shrine does not do you justice. You get more beautiful by the day.” Did she just blush or roll her eyes? I couldn’t tell, maybe both.
“You mock me creature of the Fae but you pleased me once before perhaps you will entertain me again?”
She told me what she wanted. Recover her Orb which was stolen by the wizard Arkved.
“Now, be gone gnat.”

The screenshot is from Adense Epic Dungeon.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 19 2020, 09:28 PM
Post #342

Councilor
Group Icon

mirocu-- it's so odd that you only have DOOM dreams. sad.gif Maybe you need to play some DOOM so you can have Oblivion / Fallout dreams instead.

macole-- I know what you mean about dreams fading away fast. I basically have to lie there whenever I have a good dream, trying to remember every detail. Usually I can only remember the tail-end of most dreams, unfortunately, knowing there were some epic parts earlier on as well. sleep.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 22 2020, 04:15 PM
Post #343

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 19 2020, 09:28 PM) *

mirocu-- it's so odd that you only have DOOM dreams. sad.gif Maybe you need to play some DOOM so you can have Oblivion / Fallout dreams instead.

Not gonna happen, although I watch dear BigMac doing his walkthrough instead. Maybe that'll fix it tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 29 2020, 09:39 AM
Post #344

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Had another DOOM 2016 dream and this one was quite fun! Ran around but not shooting much. Instead I was busy finding secrets and supplies biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 7 2021, 01:54 PM
Post #345

Master
Group Icon

I had a game-related dream overnight! An MMO. An MMO RPG. A fantasy MMO RPG. A faux fantasy MMO RPG. It was most interesting and well-thought-out. Alas, details have grown too faint to regurgitate. I likely remember having it because it was my final dream of the night, ending when I woke for the day. I prefer erotic dreams when I can get 'em, but this'll do.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jun 7 2021, 08:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 16 2021, 01:52 AM
Post #346

Ancient
Group Icon

Last night I had my first January dream. It did not start out that way. But at some point in the dream I became January/Stormcrow. I was in a house with the woman who lived there. A man ran outside and got in the car in the driveway. He was a bad guy. I don't know exactly what he did, just that he was dangerous. So I leapt out after him, and stood in front of the car. He hit the gas, but I just put my hands on the hood, and held the car in place. He tried to back up. But I just jumped over the car and the did the same thing on the other side.

I looked at him through the window. I thought, and maybe said: "Really? Don't you know who I am?"

I walked over to the car door to pull him out. But he locked the door. I knew I could just rip the door off, or smash the window. But I did not want to damage the car, since I did not know who it belonged to. I was standing there trying to decide what to do next, when I woke up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Feb 20 2021, 09:25 PM
Post #347

Mouth
Group Icon

I've had a few dreams in the past few weeks about Fallout 76's Nuclear Winter mode, the PvP battle royale. (It's incredibly fun, btw). I'm not sure if I was actually in the game, just playing it, or somewhere in between, but I do remember I was doing well. Got Fallout on the mind a lot lately with these (day)dreams, playing Fallout 76, and writing my Fallout: Florida storyline.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 4 2021, 02:22 PM
Post #348

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 15 2021, 07:52 PM) *

Last night I had my first January dream. It did not start out that way. But at some point in the dream I became January/Stormcrow. I was in a house with the woman who lived there. A man ran outside and got in the car in the driveway. He was a bad guy. I don't know exactly what he did, just that he was dangerous. So I leapt out after him, and stood in front of the car. He hit the gas, but I just put my hands on the hood, and held the car in place. He tried to back up. But I just jumped over the car and the did the same thing on the other side.

I looked at him through the window. I thought, and maybe said: "Really? Don't you know who I am?"

I walked over to the car door to pull him out. But he locked the door. I knew I could just rip the door off, or smash the window. But I did not want to damage the car, since I did not know who it belonged to. I was standing there trying to decide what to do next, when I woke up.

Oh my gosh! blink.gif

Just in case you want to try having more Stormcrow dreams, There are ways we're supposed to influence our dreams, such as, if something is on our mind quite a lot just as we're falling asleep. Not 100% reliable of course, but I've had quite a few nightly escapades which have worked this way. Of course, I assume you already do this 'technique' quite a lot, January being on your mind quite a lot. sleep.gif

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Feb 20 2021, 03:25 PM) *

I've had a few dreams in the past few weeks about Fallout 76's Nuclear Winter mode, the PvP battle royale. (It's incredibly fun, btw). I'm not sure if I was actually in the game, just playing it, or somewhere in between, but I do remember I was doing well. Got Fallout on the mind a lot lately with these (day)dreams, playing Fallout 76, and writing my Fallout: Florida storyline.

Yes, that's what I was saying up above.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 9 2021, 02:18 PM
Post #349

Councilor
Group Icon

I had another one. sleep.gif Maybe it's because I've been playing & writing Fallout 3 again, and I've been sort of obsessed about my character & her story, that I had a FO3 dream again last night. Instead of a black female though, I was gaming with a white male, who looked sort of like this guy, including the beard.

In my game, my character is about to make the trip from Springvale Elementary to Germantown Police Department, and in the dream, my character was making the same trip. Walking north, basically.

The Capitol Wasteland was way different. As I walked my character up the path, the landscape was heavily forested, instead of washed-out and dry. If we tried to peer through this forest, for instance, all we'd see was more forest. It was daylight. And there were a lot of people walking along the path with us. Men, women, and children. All of them were wearing Prewar outfits such as these. My character was wearing the red flannel-looking shirt in the upper right of that picture.

As we're walking along, my first thought was "there's too many people in this mod." Because that's what this dream was, a huge mod which was added to the base game, which added forest and a lot of Travelers. It must be a mod! I thought. Another thing: Nobody was carrying any weapons, and there were no attacks from any enemies.

I walked my character to an area which was supposed to be some sort of rest stop. It was a rather scenic-looking inn, built upon a small hillock. It had a playground in its front yard, and my gosh, there were kids sliding down this playground's slide, and running around its merry-go-round. I approved of that. Good job, mod-author, whoever you are. The area was still heavily-forested.

My character walked inside the inn. It was getting dark outside. emot-ninja1.gif He was going to rent a room, but before he did, he decided to go back outside. So he does this. I am curious: does this 'mod' make everybody still walk around at night? If so, this would need to get changed. That's right, even in my own dream, I was already thinking "I'm going to have to make some changes in the GECK." indifferent.gif laugh.gif

Another thought I had was, what happens when a deathclaw or a pack of raiders shows up? None of these folks walking around seemed prepared for this. Hate to say, but I was curious what would happen to all these NPCs when they got attacked.

There did seem to be less people walking around a night, so that was good. My character looked to his left. Off in the forest, maybe a thousand feet away, was a huge bonfire. My character begins to walk in that direction. Maybe there's something going on over there! Some sort of Quest or whatever. But before he makes it to the bonfire, I'm noticing the sky is getting light again. Which is way too fast.

In my game, I've got Timescale set to 10, because I want it to be closer to Earth-time, but not too close. Well in this dream, Timescale was apparently cranked way too fast. Maybe 50 or 60! mad.gif As the dream ended, I was thinking this is another thing I'll have to address in the GECK. Didn't even occur to me to just use a console command.

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 9 2021, 02:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 9 2021, 06:53 PM
Post #350

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Way cool dream, Renee! laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 9 2021, 11:12 PM
Post #351

Ancient
Group Icon

Neat dream of a Pre-War mod. I love how you knew it was a mod even your dream. You are going to have to break out your dream Geck to fix it. Or use the console to give all those NPCs assault rifles.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 2 2021, 08:14 AM
Post #352

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I actually had an Oblivion dream this night! ohmy.gif First one evah! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif (I phink)

Not much happened though. I was in Bruma, it was night and I walked into a typical Bruma small house. Went out again after awhile whereupon the dream changed.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post May 2 2021, 03:42 PM
Post #353

Councilor
Group Icon

Alright, finally vår kråke has a dream about Oblivion. cake.gif In fact most of my gaming dreams are like the one you had: perfectly vague.

I actually had a dream with YOU in it, crow! sleep.gif But I can't remember what was happening unfortunately. I just know you were in this other room, and I never saw you, but I knew it was you in that other room.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 2 2021, 05:12 PM
Post #354

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 2 2021, 04:42 PM) *

Alright, finally vår kråke has a dream about Oblivion. cake.gif In fact most of my gaming dreams are like the one you had: perfectly vague.

Dreams in a nutshell tongue.gif

Nice Swedish, btw laugh.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ May 2 2021, 04:42 PM) *

I actually had a dream with YOU in it, crow! sleep.gif But I can't remember what was happening unfortunately. I just know you were in this other room, and I never saw you, but I knew it was you in that other room.

I was probably talking to a character I hadn't seen since the year before laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post May 8 2021, 06:27 PM
Post #355

Councilor
Group Icon

I had a combination Skyrim / Fallout dream this morning. blink.gif

I was with somebody else. Not sure who, but we were in one of those draugr dungeons in Skyrim. We were walking along in semi-darkness, but not afraid at all. Nobody was around. But then suddenly, there were a bunch of enemies. Draugr, including a deathlord! ph34r.gif indifferent.gif They hadn't seen us yet, so we crouched down, just like we do in the game.

This part gets weird. The guy I was with told me we have to get out of there. So we turned and began to slowly sneak away. All the sudden there was a CAR in the dungeon. One of those Chryslus cars, and it was on fire! panic.gif

So that's when we ran! We ran through a bunch of dungeon rooms, one room after another. Finally we turned around, just in time to hear the Chryslus go ka-BOOM! Bet those draugr got roasted after that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 8 2021, 07:16 PM
Post #356

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I'm starting to think maybe we play games just a bit too much rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 8 2021, 08:01 PM
Post #357

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ May 8 2021, 11:16 AM) *
I'm starting to think maybe we play games just a bit too much rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

blink.gif Not Possible! wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 8 2021, 10:36 PM
Post #358

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 8 2021, 01:27 PM) *

I had a combination Skyrim / Fallout dream this morning. blink.gif

I was with somebody else. Not sure who, but we were in one of those draugr dungeons in Skyrim. We were walking along in semi-darkness, but not afraid at all. Nobody was around. But then suddenly, there were a bunch of enemies. Draugr, including a deathlord! ph34r.gif indifferent.gif They hadn't seen us yet, so we crouched down, just like we do in the game.

This part gets weird. The guy I was with told me we have to get out of there. So we turned and began to slowly sneak away. All the sudden there was a CAR in the dungeon. One of those Chryslus cars, and it was on fire! panic.gif

So that's when we ran! We ran through a bunch of dungeon rooms, one room after another. Finally we turned around, just in time to hear the Chryslus go ka-BOOM! Bet those draugr got roasted after that.

Oh noes, it is on fire! We know what that means!

I wonder if it blew up the draugr when it blew up! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 14 2021, 09:09 AM
Post #359

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Another Doom 3 dream but I'm beginning to have fun with hem now tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 27 2021, 03:32 PM
Post #360

Master
Group Icon

I envy those who have 'game dreams'. Closest I come is a rare dream during which gaming is somehow 'depicted'. In the dream, I know what game it is. Awake, I realize it bears little resemblance to any game I've actually played, other than invariably being RPGish. What's likely to happen is that the dream begins as a first-person fantasy adventure, with me as an active participant. It at some point morphs into me observing an RPG type game or game-like environment.

--------------------
+Quote Post

22 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:31 PM