No [ 12 ] ** [14.81%]
A little [ 21 ] ** [25.93%]
Total Votes: 81
Guests cannot vote 
an obilivion geek
post May 20 2008, 11:46 PM
Post #41

Associate

im only playing because my obilivion FROZE. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????? why do people always say that oblivin is crappy? its the best elder scroll and RPG. BTW does anybody know how to get in a arena fight in morrwind without mods
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LadySaira
post May 22 2008, 01:59 PM
Post #42

Retainer

QUOTE(an obilivion geek @ May 20 2008, 06:46 PM) *

im only playing because my obilivion FROZE. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????? why do people always say that oblivin is crappy? its the best elder scroll and RPG. BTW does anybody know how to get in a arena fight in morrwind without mods

A lost of people disagree with it being the best, as Cyrodiil (dill, whichever) was supposed to be the center of culture, the great cities. Instead we got mainly the same lore as we had from Morrowind, a lot of lip syncing, some half finished stories for various 'wierd' caves, and a few extra non-cookie cutter quests. It's not that Oblivion's bad, it just didn't live up to (everyones) expectations. Though new fans to TES seem to be just fine with it. kvleft.gif Not to say thats bad, of course, and this has just been my opinion.

Oh. And I <3 Morrowind.

This post has been edited by LadySaira: May 22 2008, 02:00 PM

--------------------
Archery is like the forest, for those who can be quiet.

Come and laugh
Go and cry
Just never think
to say goodbye.

~Me!
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 23 2008, 04:54 AM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

My main problem with morrowind was that I could never "get into it." *This is back then and right now* I'd spend time brain-storming a character, creating a custom class and then after an hour of using this player I'd get bored and scrape it. Another thing I didn't like about Morrowind was the combat system, bows were pretty useless at the beggining (which I never managed to get past without losing interest). I get that some people like the character's skills to be based on the in-game stuff than actual factors from the player (like the lock-picking game in Oblivion), but I wish that if you were point-blank with a bow on someone's sternum that it would hit 99 out of 100 times with a non-bosmeri marksman character.

Most of the lore I know about elderscrolls I've got from fan-fics and Oblivion, because I didn't complete enough of Morrowind to get anything tangible out of it. Of course Oblivion was flawed, but honestly, I didn't have any trouble going through the game. I don't need people to tell me again Oblivion's flaws, but they didn't inhibit gameplay anymore than Morrowind's.

I play on the consoles, I don't mod, nor use mods. While I've lost my Oblivion craze, I haven't gotten rid of the game nor have I deleted my character. I still play from time-to-time, and as far as my enjoyability went, Oblivion was better than Morrowind.
Now, I've never met Vivec in Morrowind, nor played the expansions, nor passed level 25 (or whatever that magic level is) and attained god-like uber-ness. But Morrowind gave me an initial interest in the franchise, Oblivion has me waiting and hoping for ES: V, hopefully solving the flaws of Oblivion while regaining the "heart-and-soul" that made Morrowind appealing to those who've come to love it.
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Mar 18 2010, 03:39 AM
Post #44

Knower
Group Icon

In my personal opinion, Morrowind is far superior to Oblivion. But that is personal opinion, not fact.

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
+Quote Post
Liam
post Mar 18 2010, 09:41 AM
Post #45

Retainer

I still play Morrowind from time to time, I sometimes prefer to it to Oblivion, but get bored of the ridiculous amounts of times my sword goes through the target and the constant having to walk to places if the Silt Strider doesn't go there. So sometimes I prefer Oblivion to Morrowind.

I play both, because I'm just cool like that. laugh.gif

-Liam

--------------------
all of ur oblivionz r belong 2 me :D
+Quote Post
saqin
post Dec 24 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #46

Agent

Honestly, I didn't ever play Morrowind until I played Oblivion(at which point I fell in love with the game) and then I bought Morrowind to try it.

--------------------
I no longer use this acoount since I can't do anything with it. New username: Saquira
+Quote Post
bene
post Jan 12 2011, 02:16 AM
Post #47

Associate

QUOTE(saqin @ Dec 24 2010, 05:56 AM) *

Honestly, I didn't ever play Morrowind until I played Oblivion(at which point I fell in love with the game) and then I bought Morrowind to try it.

What'd you think? I have played Morrowind for over six years. I love it.
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Jan 23 2011, 06:21 AM
Post #48

Knower
Group Icon

Always ♥ Morrowind was my first love lol I adore that game to pieces.

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
flowerboom
post Feb 6 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #49

Agent

wow i didnt realise how old this thread was blink.gif , im the first poster in over ay ear but i say this - i play oblivion , skyrim AND morrowind biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Feb 9 2013, 10:30 PM
Post #50

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I play Skyrim (rarely now) but have played Morrowind and Oblivion extensively to the point that literally 300+ hours have been wasted on each of them.

I loved those games and they absorbed every free moment of my time for years...especially Morrowind. It is still my favorite even though I find it hard to play because there just isn't anything left that I haven't done in it.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 4 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

FROM THE ASHES I RESURECT THEE!

Yes,I will/do still play.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 5 2013, 04:05 PM
Post #52

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 4 2013, 06:13 PM) *

You necrodude, you tongue.gif

Havenīt played Morrowind for a long time now, more than a year Iīd say. I like it but it doesnīt have "it" for me. It was overwhelmingly fun to start exploring it but somehow it couldnīt keep me interested on the same level as Oblivion.

kvleft.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 5 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #53

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 5 2013, 04:05 PM) *

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 4 2013, 06:13 PM) *

You necrodude, you tongue.gif

I learned for the best.tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 11 2013, 01:06 AM
Post #54

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 5 2013, 08:05 AM) *

Havenīt played Morrowind for a long time now, more than a year Iīd say.

Same with me. I haven't played Morrowind in years. I think my last game was in 2009. But I got my money's worth. Between modding and playing I put well over 6000 hours into the game.

I still play Oblivion (I just started a new character a few days ago), Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim, but I doubt that I'll be returning to Morrowind anytime soon. I think I'm finished with that game.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 11 2013, 11:16 AM
Post #55

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jul 11 2013, 02:06 AM) *

I still play Oblivion (I just started a new character a few days ago)

I trust you will introduce us? tongue.gif

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jul 11 2013, 02:06 AM) *

I doubt that I'll be returning to Morrowind anytime soon. I think I'm finished with that game.

Same for me, I reckon. Loved it but I donīt feel drawn to it anymore.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Kazaera
post Jul 11 2013, 07:00 PM
Post #56

Finder
Group Icon

I have actually still *only* played Morrowind tongue.gif

I keep meaning to look into Skyrim/Oblivion, but I don't have a computer with the necessary power (...hell, I no longer have a computer capable of running Morrowind, it's kind of sad) and neither of them really have the same pull for me. The thing is that what I really fell in love with in Morrowind is the world - and the idea of playing a TES game without silt striders, guar, mushroom towers, houses built out of giant crab shells, the Ashlands, etc. etc. etc. is just... it's not the same. sad.gif Needless to say, certain things that apparently happened to Vvardenfell pre-Skyrim make that game even LESS appealing (in that my strategy for dealing with those facts is LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU and playing Skyrim, where it's happened in-game, makes that harder)

This post has been edited by Kazaera: Jul 11 2013, 07:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 11 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #57

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kazaera @ Jul 11 2013, 06:00 PM) *

I keep meaning to look into Skyrim/Oblivion, but I don't have a computer with the necessary power (...hell, I no longer have a computer capable of running Morrowind, it's kind of sad) and neither of them really have the same pull for me. The thing is that what I really fell in love with in Morrowind is the world - and the idea of playing a TES game without silt striders, guar, mushroom towers, houses built out of giant crab shells, the Ashlands, etc. etc. etc. is just... it's not the same. sad.gif Needless to say, certain things that apparently happened to Vvardenfell pre-Skyrim make that game even LESS appealing (in that my strategy for dealing with those facts is LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU and playing Skyrim, where it's happened in-game, makes that harder)

Oblivion and Skyrim are great but I felt that OB was too shallow and generic for me to enjoy. As much as I didn't want to admit it, Skyrim is a step in the right direction when it comes to world interaction and such.

I just wish they'd get a little more creative with their bestiary and landscapes like they did with Morrowind.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Kazaera
post Jul 12 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #58

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jul 11 2013, 08:49 PM) *

I just wish they'd get a little more creative with their bestiary and landscapes like they did with Morrowind.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I mean - I *adored* what they did with Morrowind in terms of creatures and landscape and architecture and also things like culture and religion, because it was so unique and the world ended up so alien and different as a result. In comparison, what I've seen from Oblivion looks, to be frank, a lot more like Generic Fantasy World. I mean, it's a lot better on that front than various other games, but in comparison to Morrowind... it feels weirdly like backtracking.

I don't demand that all future TES games should be set in Morrowind tongue.gif but honestly, I'd love to see one in e.g. Elsweyr or Black Marsh, or maybe Valenwood, because I think those settings have a lot of potential for setting-creativity the way Morrowind did.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 14 2013, 10:38 AM
Post #59

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Morrowind is too strange for me, maybe one reason it couldnīt keep me hooked. I say, give me bland and generic any day cool.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 14 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jul 11 2013, 03:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Kazaera @ Jul 11 2013, 06:00 PM) *

Oblivion and Skyrim are great but I felt that OB was too shallow and generic for me to enjoy. As much as I didn't want to admit it, Skyrim is a step in the right direction when it comes to world interaction and such.

To be honest, I did not like the bestiary in Morrowind at all. The creatures all looked like they were thrown together at random, without any thought given to how they would survive in a real world, or what roles they would play in a real ecosystem. I get the impression that the art department just sat down one day and knocked out them all over lunch, spending just a few minutes on each one and throwing out ideas like "Give this one a proboscis, give this one about spindly legs, I know a pack animal with two legs and a mouth that takes up over half its today body!" They are one of the major reasons the setting seemed fake to me, and made it impossible for me to roleplay in Morrowind. Give me the generic, real life critters like wolves, bears, deer, rabbits, and so forth any day. They make it a lot easier for me to forget I am playing a game, and instead believe I am playing a real person in a real world.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:09 PM