when the dead walk, man will fall.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gomez'
post Nov 5 2005, 11:00 PM
Post #22

Agent

Then why didnt you mention you saw them>?
i havn't watched any videos of OB.

--------------------
user posted image
"Listening to the unicorns is like having sex with yourself in the third person"
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Nov 6 2005, 02:32 AM
Post #23

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(g0d_tH@t_fa!L3d @ Nov 5 2005, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE(Wurlon)
Heh how about just wreck up cyrodil? It's an island wink wink.

isn't OB going to be surronded by an endless landmass?

I meant Cyrodil city or whatever the heck the capital is called, it is an island with small islands around it. Look at a map, you cannot miss it.

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Nov 6 2005, 02:36 AM
Post #24

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Gomez' @ Nov 5 2005, 03:29 PM)
I like your ideas; I think there should be a few survivors hidden amongst the towns.
And I plan for there to be plenty of towns, including one that is still being held down by citizens, that won’t let anyone, including the legion, in. and in addition to that, an insane band of hooligans that roam the countryside, they make regular attacks on you and everything around you.

And the fort should only last so long....

How about instead of the commander gathering up everybody and leaving, he just abandons you by leaving with the only mage on the island.

Leaving you with the few survivors there are at the fort, and then my scenario ensues. I want the whole environment to emphasize on survival.

And GTF, to my knowledge, Cyrodil is sorunded by land on it's north, east, and west sides. the south is open ocean

I like your ideas, I typed mine in a hurry ehe he. I really don't care what happens to the captain, I would be more affectnate(sp) towards the troops and maybe the citizens. Like I said earlier I like saving people. Heh that would be sweet to see a bunch of angry villagers on walls , throwing rocks at you (havoc physics maybe?) to go away. Of course the only issue in Oblivion would be levitation, a person could simply levitate over the whole island, rescue people, cast a levitate on target spell on them and then bring them to the fort by air.. or we could just make it so you cannot levitate hehe... like Mournhold. And make up a good excuse like " since no priest has lead a real mass, the magic on this island has been dulled by the gods.

I think it would be cool to find a cellar full of people in a town you thought was dead....

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Nov 6 2005, 02:50 AM
Post #25

Knower
Group Icon

I'm bored, so I drew you a terrible outline of the zombie island time duration (infection does spread you know!)

Artpad Zombie Island Massacre!

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
g0d_tH@t_fa!L3d
post Nov 6 2005, 04:07 AM
Post #26

Retainer

my idea

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Gomez'
post Nov 6 2005, 06:00 AM
Post #27

Agent

I like what i see

Wurlons map seams to be pretty open to influence and new ideas. I think the survivors should escape at the point where the zombie infection becomes too strong to fight anymore and the zombies are literally throwing themselves over the walls to get to the village (implied that there is a wall) and you bravely defend the fleeing villagers as they rush to the escape vessel.

Also, there should be a bit more complexity between the player and the Renegade Village (as i like to call it smile.gif),Like peeling with the Village to let the survivors in.
Or Sabotage the village by blowing a hole in their defenses and looting the town of its supplies, also leaving them to attack by the soulless walkers.

Anyone else?

--------------------
user posted image
"Listening to the unicorns is like having sex with yourself in the third person"
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Nov 7 2005, 12:52 AM
Post #28

Knower
Group Icon

well i like the idea. But would the island ever be freed of infection? also i think if it were, you become leader of the island. And then you could make another mod with various problems around the newly fixed up town
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Nov 7 2005, 04:55 AM
Post #29

Knower
Group Icon

After the rescue point, the zombies do not respawn. If the player manages to kill them all, it will return to normal (if the player actually convinces people it is safe again).

Or it could just stay as an infected island of poo and flesh, your choice.

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
Gomez'
post Nov 7 2005, 08:34 AM
Post #30

Agent

That would have a great kind of symbolism to it; the base instinct of human beings in the form of flesh eaters begets our true nature. Wether it be in the form of scared villagers, or marauding Bikers. I think leaving the island a Zombie infested mess will leave the player with their own perspective of things.

but im pretty sure that within 5 weeks of release some average joe will make a mod disabling the zombie regeneration.....

To each his own i guess happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
g0d_tH@t_fa!L3d
post Nov 10 2005, 02:38 AM
Post #31

Retainer

i like the idea of a zombie invasion, but if it were tied to Tes it would create boundries for the mod, i think it would be better if it were in an imaginry land with weapons simalar to that of Tes. there would be other monsters besides zombies, but the main focus would be on the zombies.

This post has been edited by g0d_tH@t_fa!L3d: Nov 10 2005, 02:39 AM

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Gomez'
post Nov 10 2005, 04:15 AM
Post #32

Agent

Well, the problem with that is.....I kind of wanted it to be connected to TES, Watching someone survive a epic Zombie massacre is cool, i mean, check out Land of the Dead, Zombi, Dawn of the dead, and others. And playing one can be too, but having an open ended game where your ONLY Obligation is to survive until tomorrow with your buddies.....it can get pretty boring pretty fast.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Storander
post Dec 20 2005, 03:06 AM
Post #33

Retainer

It would be awesome if you made it so after you defeat the daedra's and close the gate to oblivion if a huge army of zombies spawned on the far side of the game. Then with radiant ai you could probably script them to want to go to every town in the game biggrin.gif , and also script it so their attacks do no damage to NPCs,but turn them into zombies. Then, you could also add dialogue options to order NPCs to hide places, or follow you, so you could lead a bad of rag tag peasants against the horde of zombies ohmy.gif To top all off (assuming someone makes a blood and gore mod biggrin.gif ) you could make the zombies Shaun of the dead style zombies biggrin.gif
I've got "what I'm doing after I beat Oblivion" pretty well planned viking.gif
If I made this, would anyone else be interested in playing it? biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Ilsamir Lord
post Dec 21 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #34

Retainer

Cool! ZOMBIES!!

--------------------
VISIT OUR FORUM
IPB Image
+Quote Post
MadHatter
post Jan 13 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #35

Retainer

QUOTE(Gomez' @ Nov 5 2005, 03:29 PM)
And I plan for there to be plenty of towns, including one that is still being held down by citizens, that won’t let anyone, including the legion, in.

This idea got me excited. I know mentioning fable is a no no nono.gif but I remember a level where you couldn't get into a town until you killed all the werewolves outside. Mabey you could talk to the people through the gate (if it was barred) and the only way into the town would be by saving people/other quests until they let you in. Also, when you arrive you could see some people die just outside the gate, pleading for the people inside to let them in, adding to the dramatics. Doing this would focus on survival while you try to get into the town, but would also allow for some of the other ideas ive seen.

This post has been edited by MadHatter: Jan 22 2006, 04:54 PM
+Quote Post
Kris
post Feb 26 2006, 01:48 AM
Post #36

Retainer

My idea is that you go to a certain Mage Guild and join it or something, then after you do some quests for some one he or she mentions a hidden lab then you find out about it and he or she takes there...the place is a hidden lab underneath the sea far away from anywhere else after your there someone sends you outside and as your walking you here an explosion and you see like a green mist go all throughout the island and everything has turned undead and you fight lots of them until someone rescues you or something like that...the end

--------------------
AΠO ΠANTOΣ KAKOΔAIMONOΣ
+Quote Post
1234king
post Feb 26 2006, 05:34 AM
Post #37

Knower
Group Icon

you should make a questline involving the zombie mod that would be kool or maybe like a band of survivors going into one final battle

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Ola Martin
post Mar 4 2006, 01:36 AM
Post #38

Finder
Group Icon

Wouldn't this mod lag very much, when you see the manymany sombies or something tongue.gif

--------------------
waiting4skyrim now, banner still not updated^^
+Quote Post
Taeronai
post Mar 4 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #39

Associate

This sounds really great. I love the classic story of zombies overrunning towns, with a few survivors making their way through the doomed landscape, and escaping at last, immediately before the zombies break though the last line of defence.

One word of advice, though, and you should definately pay heed to it: begin small-scale. Don't try to create a huge island with tons of towns - that way you'll never be finished! All the ideas of utilizing RAI and scripting sounds great, but applying it to a dozen of towns with hundreds of zombies and npc:s?
It's fun and all to keep modding with some grand goal, but chances are tiny that you'll ever become finished - and the final point with a mod is, when it all comes down to it, to play it and have fun, maybe later improve it.

So I say: make a small island, with a single town (which get's overrun), about four or five hamlets, and a little fort or village (where the survivors are, and most of the story takes place). Put most of the efforts in making it well-made, good-looking, deep and with a nice creepy feeling.

You can either go shallow and large scale or deep and small scale, and I actually prefer the later. It can always be expanded later. As said, just some advice from me.
+Quote Post
Pieinsky
post Mar 15 2006, 06:37 PM
Post #40

Retainer

I think the imperial legion should be sent not only to eradicate all zombies and serch for survivers, but to kill all zombies because the island contains some valuable resourse. You could even have an underdround town where the survived flocked for safety.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:10 PM