Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> help wanted
Dirox
post May 27 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #1

Agent

Hi people, im makeing a hunger mod, and im going to be making about 100 new food items. If anyone knows how to model or retexture and you want help make a bunch of food, could you let me know and lend a hand to make the process less tedious?

Ps. List below a bunch of new food you wana see added. Either an ingredient, or a recipe, and specify which it is. Please no cheese burgers or some exotic dish nobody has ever heard of. The food can be made up!
(ex. Sunrise Salad) and explain ingredients

Thanks for your help!

~Dirox

This post has been edited by Dirox: May 27 2006, 10:09 AM

--------------------
Not what could be, not what should be, but what is.
~Allan Watts

Check out the Fantality Mods web site, we could use more people.
http://fantality.leviathanlvt.com/
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 27 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Scrib Jelly Sandwidch? laugh.gif

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Dirox
post May 27 2006, 08:59 PM
Post #3

Agent

Thanks, but list please.

This post has been edited by Dirox: May 27 2006, 09:01 PM

--------------------
~Allan Watts

+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 30 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

blackberry jam
bloodgrass salad
boarmeat cutlets
CinnabarPolyporCap Soup
clanfear claws au grautin
Fried CloudedFunnelCap
ColumbineRootPulp Jelly
Daedra Silk Pie
Dragons Tongue Soup
Sauted ElfCupCap
EmeticRuscellaCap Cutlets
Popped Fennel Seeds
Ginko Leaf Salad
GoldenRodSeedPod Bread
Harradan Ham
Imp Gall Stew
Mandrake Root Pudding
Mutton au ladyMantle
MorningGloryRootPulp Dressing
etc.

I could go on, but I am merely running down the ingredients list of Oblivion & seeing what kind of foods I would make with them. Most of the suggestions here in this list could be done as retextures of existing Oblivion model peices. Like taking a soup bowl and making it look like it has a metioned mushroom soup in it. Or retexturing the boarmeat to look like it's been sauted or whatever. Because they are composite foods from the ingredients list, they could mostly be done as retextures ... which is something you could learn fairly easily to do for yourself.

I think it may be hard for you to get a modeler willing to donate so much time to make numerous new food items for someone else's mod. This is usually the kind of mod that someone does themselves - like retexturing of different whole sets of dinnerware, or new tapestries, or remakes of a whole line of fashion.

With such ambitious plans and such a good dose of imagination, it would do you immense good to learn to retexture and probably also to model ... 3ds max offers free timed downloads, Gmax is a free modelling program. Then you could really show us your vision as you see it. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Dirox
post May 30 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #5

Agent

Thanks for your post Ibis and welcome back.

I've actualy become quite good at reskining things, ive made a kitana that looks amazing.. i made the image 4 times larger and use pictures of real things around the house and on the net, and tried to fit them in with as little resising as posible. Also made a nice hatchet that looks very real, a rusty old one biggrin.gif. You are right when you say most of this would be reskining, i can't model and i dont have the time to learn ive got some huge projects im trying to finnish with a fairly small team of people. One of which involves new unique dialog for every single guard in the game and about 50 odd voice actors are needed for that, but we have about 20 so far and they are pretty good. But this is OFF TOPIC

I would like to check out Gmax, do you know where i could get this program? That alone would be an imence contribution if i found it usefull. By the way Ibis, if your not doing anything, do you want to help out with this? Either by reskining or makeing a large list of foods? This mod will be made and it will be of the finest quality i swear it.

~Dirox

This post has been edited by Dirox: May 30 2006, 10:14 AM

--------------------
~Allan Watts

+Quote Post
vicious111
post May 30 2006, 04:51 PM
Post #6

Retainer

hi m8 i like your new food ideas i would try and list some but Ibis listed a good few. As for the new unique guard mod that sounds very welcoming. I am Scottish, have the accent if you need Dwarfs lol.
BTW i think maybe Special foods from hunted animals would be a good idea like Venison Ribs, or Salted Wolf Steak.
+Quote Post
Dirox
post May 30 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #7

Agent

QUOTE(vicious111 @ May 30 2006, 10:51 AM)
hi m8 i like your new food ideas i would try and list some but Ibis listed a good few. As for the new unique guard mod that sounds very welcoming. I am Scottish, have the accent if you need Dwarfs lol.
BTW i think maybe Special foods from hunted animals would be a good idea like Venison Ribs, or Salted Wolf Steak.

Please post your ideas anyway! Verison ribbs and Wolf steak are good ideas. Im trying to get a huge list going, and then go through and remove the silly ones. List as many as you can please!!

~Dirox

--------------------
~Allan Watts

+Quote Post
Duncan Frost
post May 30 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #8

Agent

Muaha. I give you not only food names, but recipes for making them! Ya think you could add making foods into your mod? biggrin.gif

Septim Salad: Lettuce + Fennel Seeds + Blackberries.

Wow-Wow Sauce :
Butter + flour + beef + mustard + wine + port + mushroom ( of any sort) + salt + pepper + parsley + pickled walnuts. Combine with Septim Salad to make the Emperor Salad (possible boost to personality? it is a very cultured food after all tongue.gif ).

I'll come back with more when it's not 10 at night. blink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Dirox
post May 30 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #9

Agent

QUOTE(Duncan Frost @ May 30 2006, 04:04 PM)
Muaha. I give you not only food names, but recipes for making them! Ya think you could add making foods into your mod?  biggrin.gif

Wow-Wow Sauce :
Butter + flour + beef + mustard + wine + port + mushroom ( of any sort) + salt + pepper + parsley + pickled walnuts. Combine with Septim Salad to make the Emperor Salad (possible boost to personality? it is a very cultured food after all  tongue.gif ).

I'll come back with more when it's not 10 at night.  blink.gif

Yes friend, that is the whole idea. To have to stop because you are tired, set up camp, make a fire, hunt meat since you will not have meat on you, due to it expiring(spoiling) after about a day, and then cook it, add whatever you want and eat. Some things you will need utinsils for, and many dishes you will need to be sitting to eat.

Pleas put as many Engreedients, and Recipies as you can think of.

Thanks!

~Dirox

--------------------
~Allan Watts

+Quote Post
Ibis
post May 31 2006, 08:38 AM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

This is getting ever more interesting. I love Duncan's ideas about combining and making whole meals. That's great! Dirox, are you going to have a restaurant that serves these new food items or a store or what? How are you going to introduce them into the game?

I'm sorry I can't participate due to the fact that I'm already working on a game building project. But I will try to come back & contribute more food ideas. Also, the venison and game food items is brilliant. I like this mod.

Oh .... Gmax = Here Just click the dowload tab above the title.

I think you could go very far with this program, Dirox!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Duncan Frost
post May 31 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #11

Agent

QUOTE(Ibis @ May 31 2006, 07:38 AM)
I love Duncan

hehe tongue.gif

Right. *cracks knuckles* let's get down to the dirty business of naming imaginary foods. I'll even say what you need to eat them! biggrin.gif

Trifle:
Bowl
Spoon
you must be sitting
Pastry + custard + cream + strawberries (in that order)

Baked Potato:
Plate
Knife & Fork
You must be sitting

Put the potato on the fire
use cheese on the potato
use beans on the potato (do you think they wouls have baked beans in cyrodiil? tongue.gif)
Eat.

Pie:
Pie Bowl

Use pastry with the pie bowl
Put the filling of your choice in (Meat, apple, fish... mud? tongue.gif )
Use with fire
Eat

Hmm. Idea! Maybe you should a) have a chance of burning food, and B ) have stoves and ovens in houses. Some recipes can only be made with a stove, and stoves have less chance of burning. Sounds good? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Duncan Frost: May 31 2006, 08:31 PM

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Dirox
post Jun 2 2006, 09:53 PM
Post #12

Agent

Hmm. Idea! Maybe you should a) have a chance of burning food, and B ) have stoves and ovens in houses. Some recipes can only be made with a stove, and stoves have less chance of burning. Sounds good?  biggrin.gif

Sounds very good. Those are the kind on imaginative ideas i need. Nice food list too, have anymore? Good idea with the burning food, though it may be hard to add a stove to every house. We'll see.

Mind you i havent been able to put much thought into this mod, but as soon as i finnish the fatigue mod, Hunger will be the last part of the realism package, and also the most difficult. We got a few reskiners and someone trying to model some new food. Im multi tasking as it is, i cant start learning how to model as i alreay am out team leader/manager/recruiter/voiceactor/reskiner/scripter/writer/idea man/add person so picking up 3d max and learning how to model just isn't in the cards.

I've heard creepy thing about modeling such as collision detection, without it items will fall through the floor ect. If anyone knows how to model would you mind helping to make a few new models for the food?

Ibis: I thought of this myself actualy, at the pubs, having the bartender serve food & drinks to your table, but this would be a ton of work, and if i do put this in, it will come after the new foods, the hunger system (including geting hungery, useing plates and utensils, benafits from eating different foods at once as a dish, siting to eat) is done.

Thanks for your input guys, please keep it comein.

Ps. My MSN: DiroxOblivion@Hotmail.com

~Dirox

This post has been edited by Dirox: Jun 2 2006, 09:53 PM

--------------------
~Allan Watts

+Quote Post
Phsyron
post Jun 2 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #13

Retainer

as far as benifits go, tie it in with the sleep mod. when you eat a nice meal you sleep better, as in real life, thus taking less time. and if you eat something that doesn't go well, you don't sleep as well, taking longer, and you wake up less refresehd, so you might need a nap later. and making a horrible meal will make you feel bad and actually add status defects. eating a meal with spoiled food will give you food poisoning, and you'll have to sleep all day, passed-out style where you actually have to watch your character suffer and such, and it takes a fair chunk out of your real-life day. going hungry will also make you not sleep well.

--------------------
Please excuse my idiocy. Chances are that i posted this after midnight and my ADHD meds have worn off.

Se vi parolas esperanton, parolu al min.
+Quote Post
lev_the_devil
post Jun 3 2006, 03:09 AM
Post #14

Retainer

what about some way to drag animal carcasses to camp and then skin 'em and stick 'em on a spit. then you'd whip out a knife and carv off a few chunks

this could be interesting if some of the ideas floating around came together...like the sleep mod, the food mod, the posse mod...imagine killing a couple boars and roasting 'em on an open fire with your whole crew digging in, slicing off pieces to eat with bread and cheese and beer, etc. then everyone goes to sleep. maybe set up a guard duty shifter thing. like you go to sleep and for each hour a different persons watching including an hour where you have to sit and watch and defend if something attacks. if something big attacks you'd have to raise the group to take down the threat.
+Quote Post
Dirox
post Jun 3 2006, 07:05 AM
Post #15

Agent

as far as benifits go, tie it in with the sleep mod. when you eat a nice meal you sleep better, as in real life, thus taking less time. and if you eat something that doesn't go well, you don't sleep as well, taking longer, and you wake up less refresehd, so you might need a nap later. and making a horrible meal will make you feel bad and actually add status defects. eating a meal with spoiled food will give you food poisoning, and you'll have to sleep all day, passed-out style where you actually have to watch your character suffer and such, and it takes a fair chunk out of your real-life day. going hungry will also make you not sleep well.

Good ideas. I could make the time time scale raise for the passing out from food poisoning. I've already thought about the whole breakfast, and having some tea before bedtime thing. Eating food before you go to bed is actualy not suposed to be good for you biggrin.gif. But yea i see what you mean, it would make you sleepy, and its hard to sleep on an empty stomach.

what about some way to drag animal carcasses to camp and then skin 'em and stick 'em on a spit. then you'd whip out a knife and carv off a few chunks

this could be interesting if some of the ideas floating around came together...like the sleep mod, the food mod, the posse mod...imagine killing a couple boars and roasting 'em on an open fire with your whole crew digging in, slicing off pieces to eat with bread and cheese and beer, etc. then everyone goes to sleep. maybe set up a guard duty shifter thing. like you go to sleep and for each hour a different persons watching including an hour where you have to sit and watch and defend if something attacks. if something big attacks you'd have to raise the group to take down the threat.

First of all yes, i wana make it so you bring the animal back to camp and take the meat off of it there. Ill find some way of incorperating this. Perhapsby making raw meat weight much more, or make it so you must store perishables in a cloth, making it hard to take much at a time. Or if you can come up with a better idea before me. biggrin.gif
As for the rest of your post, im going to make something like lev_the_devil's idea for a Posse mod. You will have a fixed position in society, or i should say where your aligience lies. You can be with the mages and have a couple of them following you, of rouges in the wild, or you can be a sort of freelance group and recruit any type willing to fight for your cause ect. And yes, seting up camps, eating talking, a night watch with alternation, morning for those lost, good story, adventure, a real feeling of conection between you and your team, when one of you is in trouble, its no less important than you being in trouble, you watch their back and they watch yours. Certain comany members are better at certain things, they will point out traps, and be the hunters when its dark and your hungery. This is getting way off topic, but i agree with you that it would be cool for these mods to combine, as well as other mods.

Personaly i wont be using very many mods other than the ones i make, except for about 10 odd exceptions which ill look at in the cs, and test for compatability. The sleep mod is already finnished, and "exhaustion" mod is being worked on, after that the scripting for the food mod will begin. Untill then keep the ideas rolling in, we need 2 lists.
1) Recapies
2) Engreedients
It WOULD be great if you could put in the prefered utensils for some of the recipies, and even to eat certain engreedients (Ex. a knife for a coccanut, not that there would be coccanuts but hey) and also if it is an engreedient, mention if it is edible on its own (Ex salt, but thats a gime).

Sorry for my horible spelling and typoes i types this quickly smile.gif
Thx guys you've got my pumped to make this mod, still need people to help retexture, anyone down?

~Dirox

This post has been edited by Dirox: Jun 3 2006, 07:39 AM

--------------------
~Allan Watts

+Quote Post
lev_the_devil
post Jun 3 2006, 06:44 PM
Post #16

Retainer

maybe make raw meat smokable with the right "equipment". then it's effects would be slightly different and it'd last much longer.
+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Jun 3 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #17

Agent

QUOTE(Duncan Frost @ May 31 2006, 12:04 AM)
Muaha. I give you not only food names, but recipes for making them! Ya think you could add making foods into your mod?  biggrin.gif

Wow-Wow Sauce :
Butter + flour + beef + mustard + wine + port + mushroom ( of any sort) + salt + pepper + parsley + pickled walnuts. Combine with Septim Salad to make the Emperor Salad (possible boost to personality? it is a very cultured food after all  tongue.gif ).

I'll come back with more when it's not 10 at night.  blink.gif

Heeeey, wait a second! You've been reading Terry Pratchett, now haven't you, you naughty boy.

biggrin.gif

...sorry about the off-topic, just couldn't resist when i saw the name 'Wow-Wow Sauce' ...

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Dirox
post Jun 3 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #18

Agent

maybe make raw meat smokable with the right "equipment". then it's effects would be slightly different and it'd last much longer.

Well the thing here is that it would then be edible, and wouldn't go bad as quickly.

Just had an idea. Why not have refrigerators? lol
I know, i know, it sounds rediculous but check it.
A fridge would just be a small storage place filled with ice, which would cause the spoil timer on the food to decrease slower. Sry just poped into my head.

--------------------
~Allan Watts

+Quote Post
Phsyron
post Jun 4 2006, 01:01 AM
Post #19

Retainer

QUOTE(Dirox @ Jun 3 2006, 02:20 PM)

Well the thing here is that it would then be edible, and wouldn't go bad as quickly.

Just had an idea.  Why not have refrigerators? lol
I know, i know, it sounds rediculous but check it.
A fridge would just be a small storage place filled with ice, which would cause the spoil timer on the food to decrease slower.  Sry just poped into my head.

actually, they used to have these in our world, a little after the parallel time period that Oblivion takes place. ever hear of an icebox? It was a couple hundred years later, but still about the same time. The problem in our world was getting the ice, as it would have to be shipped from the mountains or somewhere way far north. However, with mages you wouldn't need to worry about that.

heck, they could just have an enchanted box. (lol ice damage 1 point on touch constant effect) tongue.gif

--------------------
Please excuse my idiocy. Chances are that i posted this after midnight and my ADHD meds have worn off.

Se vi parolas esperanton, parolu al min.
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jun 4 2006, 03:49 AM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

Very excellent, great idea .... make a "enchanted icebox" by retexturing one of the present container models (not sure which = suggestions ?) and make it have the MOVEABLE CONTAINER SCRIPT .... I've got that script stashed on archive disk somewhere. Wait, it's a Morrowind script, but maybe there is an oblivion one by now or the MW one could be adapted to obliv.

Anyway, Dirox ... sell the enchanted iceboxes at your store where you'll sell the food items and people could then put them in their inventory and set them up in their houses or keep them in inventory. {I made a MW furniture store mod once that had that idea and the one peice of advise I can give is leave everything in normal size, don't reduce or enlarge because after you repositions them in your game - they are always the normal size only)

Could be very cool and easy to do. Just gotta find that script now if there isn't an obliv one available.

sorry about the name mix up, I'm just tired.

This post has been edited by Ibis: Jun 4 2006, 07:56 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:11 AM