213 Pages V « < 65 66 67 68 69 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
hazmick
post May 19 2017, 12:34 PM
Post #1321

Mouth
Group Icon

Now I'm picturing Jo'zira as a kitten. Cool to see these early screenies!

Since I only recently started over on PC, I have pretty fresh memories of low level shenanigans, and I still have some shots back from starting over on Xbox. This is the earliest one I could find - two days after the game released on consoles, apparently about to do the Fort Virak mission for the first time.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 19 2017, 01:44 PM
Post #1322

Paladin
Group Icon

What great screenies! Fabulous to see the progress that Jo and company have made. And I see that Haa-Rei learned his beautiful lute playing as nearly a hatchling! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 20 2017, 03:15 AM
Post #1323

Mouth
Group Icon

My screenshot folder's full of many, many memories, but also many, many cursed images.

Anyways, 2 days of spending vouchers on Hlaalu Furnishing Documents left. I've been getting really good Master Writs recently, too. Nothing in the ~200 or even 100 range, but plenty of 20-70 ones. Watch that dry up after Morrowind hits.

Also, related to this little trip through memory lane, I remembered I have many, many, MANY questions regarding how Soul Shriven work.

I know it was something done mostly for gameplay (seemingly based on Mankar Camora's worshipers trapped in his Paradise), but I feel like beyond that there wasn't much thought put into it. So long as it works in lore, let the players fill in the blanks I guess. That's TES lore for you.

So now, as I contemplate my characters' fates (a bit early in a game that's still updating, I know) some questions require an answer more urgently than the rest (fanwank ahead)

As always, there's also the gameplay/story thing to worry about. Ugh. I overthink things sometimes. Maybe I should throw these questions at Lawrence, if they ever do another lore thing. Assuming there isnt' already something that answers this in-game (or it's planned to be explained in the future)

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 20 2017, 03:20 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 20 2017, 04:55 AM
Post #1324

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 19 2017, 09:15 PM) *

My screenshot folder's full of many, many memories, but also many, many cursed images.

Anyways, 2 days of spending vouchers on Hlaalu Furnishing Documents left. I've been getting really good Master Writs recently, too. Nothing in the ~200 or even 100 range, but plenty of 20-70 ones. Watch that dry up after Morrowind hits.

Also, related to this little trip through memory lane, I remembered I have many, many, MANY questions regarding how Soul Shriven work.

I know it was something done mostly for gameplay (seemingly based on Mankar Camora's worshipers trapped in his Paradise), but I feel like beyond that there wasn't much thought put into it. So long as it works in lore, let the players fill in the blanks I guess. That's TES lore for you.

So now, as I contemplate my characters' fates (a bit early in a game that's still updating, I know) some questions require an answer more urgently than the rest (fanwank ahead)

As always, there's also the gameplay/story thing to worry about. Ugh. I overthink things sometimes. Maybe I should throw these questions at Lawrence, if they ever do another lore thing. Assuming there isnt' already something that answers this in-game (or it's planned to be explained in the future)

Khajiit also doesn't understand a lot about what it means being Soul Shriven. This one tries not to think too much on it. His basic understanding is this: Manimarco did something to us, our bodies and souls went to Coldharbour (bodies to toil and be tormented, souls to fuel the Planemeld), . The most curious thing to Khajiit is why there is no explanation given in the game when you definitely stopped the planemeld yet the Dark Anchors still appear. Or perhaps these will continue until the Dragonfires are relit?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 20 2017, 07:53 PM
Post #1325

Mouth
Group Icon

Warning: more fanwank speculation based on information we have so far ahead

On the subject of the anchors and completing the main quest, while also continuing the topic

This is all fanfiction fodder tbh. Aside from one tiny detail I'm having trouble deciding on, I more or less know where my characters are headed when this is all over. I'm just trying to be prepared in case of any wrench throwing. :V

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 20 2017, 07:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post May 20 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #1326

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 20 2017, 07:53 PM) *

Warning: more fanwank speculation based on information we have so far ahead

/snip/

What about skyshards? They're a thing that does something, right? Maybe that's what sets vestige shriven apart from regular shriven, and makes vestiges more...'normal'.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 20 2017, 11:22 PM
Post #1327

Mouth
Group Icon

It's what the Prophet used to attune them to Nirn, so that's a possibility. I always wondered whether Skyshards had any effect on anyone else or whether they only served to empower whatever special ability the Vestige has. (It's been a while since I read the book about some special kind of soul or whatever that was clearly alluding to the PC)

Considering Nirn's very nature probably doesn't allow creatures like Daedra to exist naturally, mass accumulation of Skyshards could probably make a Soul Shriven mortal again. Give them permanence, if you will. ...or it's essentially turning them into ghosts. Permanently. So when they die their spirit is stuck on Nirn without being able to pass on. 'Course, the second one's probably very unlikely.

There are so many directions they can go with this, though I'll admit I'm a bit rust on how many of these things work. A wizard did it, I guess. I suppose that's the fun of leaving it up to the player to fill in the blanks.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 20 2017, 11:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 21 2017, 03:41 AM
Post #1328

Mouth
Group Icon

On a Morrowind-related note, I STILL don't have much to go with for my Warden. The only known facts are that he's a Nord and around Hates-White-Rats' age. (So probably like 19 or 20. 16 if I decide Morrowind takes place before the events of the Planemeld given he's starting out there)

No name. Got a general appearance set but I'm still conflicted about it. He's gonna focus on the frost tree, though. Maybe with some healing. Probably going to use...mace and shield along with the frost staff? Most likely light armor.

I'm most likely not even playing until June or later, but I still feel like I'm out of time :V

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 21 2017, 04:05 AM
Post #1329

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 20 2017, 09:41 PM) *

On a Morrowind-related note, I STILL don't have much to go with for my Warden. The only known facts are that he's a Nord and around Hates-White-Rats' age. (So probably like 19 or 20. 16 if I decide Morrowind takes place before the events of the Planemeld given he's starting out there)

No name. Got a general appearance set but I'm still conflicted about it. He's gonna focus on the frost tree, though. Maybe with some healing. Probably going to use...mace and shield along with the frost staff? Most likely light armor.

I'm most likely not even playing until June or later, but I still feel like I'm out of time :V

Khajiit is currently working on Brenna's backstory. We haven't really decided on her last name (she's going to need one because apparently just Brenna is already in use). Her mom was a Reach Clanner and her dad was a Breton from Bangkorai (specifically the city of Evermore). Khajiit actually has the first part of the story typed out.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 24 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #1330

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 19 2017, 01:25 AM) *

Today in Tamriel: finding really old screenshots and reminiscing of the time when I first started ESO. A few weeks late, since I bought it on May 5, a month late if you count the Returning Beta Tester free weekend. There were many cursed images, but I sort of like this one for one small detail. (If you know about my Skyrim characters, you'll probably find it quickly) A Baby Jo'zira

Not sure if these trifles have any place in the screenshot thread, but I figured that the post was more to talk about Jo'zira's makeover and do midnight blogging about my time in ESO so here it is.

I think I got something I like so far. Sure the fur looks like cheetos, but it's as close as I'll get to "caracal."

At the time I couldn't decide between ice blue or deep blue. Most likely going with the former. I sort of like his face so I'm not doing anything to it. i also discovered his shoulders (the torso setting) were as narrow as possible. Khajiit have very broad shoulders. :V At least a lot of the concepts I had in mind for him were thought up pretty early on. All I really needed to change was the height, fur color, and voice.

One last thing. A very cursed image.

Early Group Shot of the Squad I'm not sure exactly at what point in the game they were in, but based on the...Hot Topic-esque colors of Hates' armor, I'd say anywhere from the fourth zones (Eastmarch/Malabal Tor/Alik'r) to Coldharbour.

The Squad Now They're waiting to be useful again. I guess, story wise, there wouldn't be much time between the IC/DB DLC and Morrowind, but still. I mean I'm pretty sure I mentioned they've had their houses for a while now, even though the update dropped a few months ago.

No Armor

I should draw something special for this, tbh.

D'aaawww!!! Baby Jo'Zira is adorable! I love the way you did the side-by-sides on the others!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 25 2017, 12:47 AM
Post #1331

Mouth
Group Icon

Today I'd like to share with the class that, just like in the beta, Bleakrock's Littrek Earth-Tuner reacts if you kill his pigs in front of him. (He calls you a monster on the first, starts crying on the second...)

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 25 2017, 12:48 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 25 2017, 02:26 AM
Post #1332

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 24 2017, 06:47 PM) *

Today I'd like to share with the class that, just like in the beta, Bleakrock's Littrek Earth-Tuner reacts if you kill his pigs in front of him. (He calls you a monster on the first, starts crying on the second...)

Lol! That sounds hilarious! Like in Fallout3 when you had to make the little boy in the sim cry!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 25 2017, 02:27 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Grits
post May 25 2017, 07:25 PM
Post #1333

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 24 2017, 07:47 PM) *

ohmy.gif You monster!!

I love the look back at the Squad. smile.gif

Jerric of Kvatch (MagWard? Is that how we're doing it?) Just talked to Littrek in Bal Foyen. He is once again in torment over what he should do in the upcoming battle. Aera just asked him what else they (the Daggers) could take from her. indifferent.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post May 25 2017, 08:51 PM
Post #1334

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 17 2017, 08:32 AM) *

Rader, that is great! I also just sent you an invitation to our guild. Nice thing now, until one of our missing Admins shows up to pull our bot protection restrictions from your account (which include activating your PM system) you can PM me in the game if you need to. smile.gif

In the meantime, our other guild members should be able to send you friend requests (Cincinnatus of Lilmoth works).

Our next guild event is at 2:00 PM EST 5:00 PM EST on Friday June 2. Location is at our guildhall (mALX's primary residence). We'll make sure you know how to get there in advance if you need help with that. Last time we had the whole guild there but sometimes not everyone can make it. Very casual, relaxed and fun.

Hazmick has bravely (and by default) taken up the mantel of guild leader. And, as I said, mALX has ever so graciously provided her beautiful palace as our guild hall. You'll make member #8.

Edit: Oops, got confuzzled by time zones. Corrected now. embarrased.gif

I'm back!

Hoping to hop on ESO tonight (if not, should be able to tomorrow), so I'll accept the invitation as soon as I can. I think that time works for me, but I'll probably need help looking for mALX's residence.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 25 2017, 10:47 PM
Post #1335

Paladin
Group Icon

Great news!

Our guildhall is mALX's primary residence (Hunding Palatial Hall in Stros M'kai). Couple ways to easily get there:

1. mALX and you get on each other's friend's list and mALX gives you access to her house (like she has for all us in the guild). Then you can simply bring up mALX in your friend list, left click on her name for options and one will be to visit her primary residence. If you click that, you'll teleport there.

~or~

2. I'll be at the event on time or a few minutes early. You can then look me up in your friend list, left click for options and select 'teleport to location'. That will bring to you where I am. It would bring you to the nearest wayshrine to me if I was outdoors but will bring you to me inside a dungeon or the grounds of someone's house if I am there.

Once you get there, we'll be talking on the guild chat. To go on that, type in: /g1 (then hit enter). That is for guild #1 assuming we are the first guild in your list of guilds if you belong to more than one.

Feel free to ask more questions here or we can sort it out Friday. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 26 2017, 12:25 AM
Post #1336

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 24 2017, 07:47 PM) *

laugh.gif

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ May 25 2017, 03:51 PM) *

Rader, that is great! I also just sent you an invitation to our guild. Nice thing now, until one of our missing Admins shows up to pull our bot protection restrictions from your account (which include activating your PM system) you can PM me in the game if you need to. smile.gif

In the meantime, our other guild members should be able to send you friend requests (Cincinnatus of Lilmoth works).

Our next guild event is at 2:00 PM EST 5:00 PM EST on Friday June 2. Location is at our guildhall (mALX's primary residence). We'll make sure you know how to get there in advance if you need help with that. Last time we had the whole guild there but sometimes not everyone can make it. Very casual, relaxed and fun.

Hazmick has bravely (and by default) taken up the mantel of guild leader. And, as I said, mALX has ever so graciously provided her beautiful palace as our guild hall. You'll make member #8.

I'm back!

Hoping to hop on ESO tonight (if not, should be able to tomorrow), so I'll accept the invitation as soon as I can. I think that time works for me, but I'll probably need help looking for mALX's residence.

WOO HOO!!! Two more people and we can get Tabards to wear in Cyrodiil Alliance War!!! I actually took a keep on Sunday for the first time, and could have claimed it for The Chorrolites if we had ten members!

A very warm welcome to you! Just go to the Chorrolites Guild on your list of Guilds, find my name, and click on "Go to Primary Residence."

It is the Guild Hall for the Chorrolites; but since the game doesn't have anything set up for Guild Halls, it is the only way to visit it. Feel free to go there any time you want and stay as long as you like!

There are crafting stations there for your convenience; and in the future I hope to add at least a banker for the Guild to use. It is really convenient to pop over there and do your crafting - or hide out there for a while if you have a bounty and don't want to be stopped by the guards, laugh.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 25 2017, 05:47 PM) *

Great news!

Our guildhall is mALX's primary residence (Hunding Palatial Hall in Stros M'kai). Couple ways to easily get there:

1. mALX and you get on each other's friend's list and mALX gives you access to her house (like she has for all us in the guild). Then you can simply bring up mALX in your friend list, left click on her name for options and one will be to visit her primary residence. If you click that, you'll teleport there.

~or~

2. I'll be at the event on time or a few minutes early. You can then look me up in your friend list, left click for options and select 'teleport to location'. That will bring to you where I am. It would bring you to the nearest wayshrine to me if I was outdoors but will bring you to me inside a dungeon or the grounds of someone's house if I am there.

Once you get there, we'll be talking on the guild chat. To go on that, type in: /g1 (then hit enter). That is for guild #1 assuming we are the first guild in your list of guilds if you belong to more than one.

Everyone in the Chorrolites Guild has permission automatically to go to the Guild Hall. The Guilds all have Rosters with member's names listed. We will only have 8 members when Rader joins, so it might be easier to find my name on the Guild Roster than in a hefty friend list, lol.

I bolded what Acadian said above - the option he is referring to actually says something like "Travel to Player," and you can use this to get there off the Guild Roster list as well - choose any player that is showing anywhere you want to go and right click on their name = choose "Travel to Player," and it will bring you to their location or to the nearest wayshrine closest to their location if they are out in the wilderness. (and that is a very good way to put new locations on your map, too!)

You are allowed to join 5 Guilds in this game, the order they show on your Guild List is how you designate which chat you want to use: /G is to access your Guild chats. /G1 would bring you to (chat on) the first Guild on your list of Guilds; /G5 would bring you to the last Guild on the list. (so wherever The Chorrolites falls on your list of Guilds you are a member of, that is what number you will type into the chat box after the /G

This post has been edited by mALX: May 26 2017, 12:40 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post May 26 2017, 02:07 PM
Post #1337

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 25 2017, 05:47 PM) *

Great news!

~or~

Ooh, going to Hammerfell then? Sweet. It'll be nice to see Stros M'kai again after beating TESA: Redguard back in January. Only spent like 5 seconds in Hammerfell so far because I accidentally traveled there. Sounds good to me, as long as I am able to get on ESO at that time (which should not be a problem).

Not part of any other guilds, so "/g1" should be easy to remember. I haven't used the chat functions yet, so I'll need some practice. tongue.gif

Just added Grits last night. Anybody else that wants to add me feel free to do so!

QUOTE(mALX @ May 25 2017, 07:25 PM) *

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ May 25 2017, 03:51 PM) *

I'm back!

WOO HOO!!! Two more people and we can get Tabards to wear in Cyrodiil Alliance War!!! I actually took a keep on Sunday for the first time, and could have claimed it for The Chorrolites if we had ten members!

A very warm welcome to you! Just go to the Chorrolites Guild on your list of Guilds, find my name, and click on "Go to Primary Residence."

It is the Guild Hall for the Chorrolites; but since the game doesn't have anything set up for Guild Halls, it is the only way to visit it. Feel free to go there any time you want and stay as long as you like!

There are crafting stations there for your convenience; and in the future I hope to add at least a banker for the Guild to use. It is really convenient to pop over there and do your crafting - or hide out there for a while if you have a bounty and don't want to be stopped by the guards, laugh.gif

Everyone in the Chorrolites Guild has permission automatically to go to the Guild Hall. The Guilds all have Rosters with member's names listed. We will only have 8 members when Rader joins, so it might be easier to find my name on the Guild Roster than in a hefty friend list, lol.

I bolded what Acadian said above - the option he is referring to actually says something like "Travel to Player," and you can use this to get there off the Guild Roster list as well - choose any player that is showing anywhere you want to go and right click on their name = choose "Travel to Player," and it will bring you to their location or to the nearest wayshrine closest to their location if they are out in the wilderness. (and that is a very good way to put new locations on your map, too!)

You are allowed to join 5 Guilds in this game, the order they show on your Guild List is how you designate which chat you want to use: /G is to access your Guild chats. /G1 would bring you to (chat on) the first Guild on your list of Guilds; /G5 would bring you to the last Guild on the list. (so wherever The Chorrolites falls on your list of Guilds you are a member of, that is what number you will type into the chat box after the /G

Thanks for the welcome! Appreciate you opening up the guildhall to me.

Don't think you'd want me to join the Alliance War just yet, though. I still got some beefing up of my character to do.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 26 2017, 08:17 PM
Post #1338

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh shizz, it's almost June innit? Guess we'll induct Rader through a World Boss, maybe.

Anyways, since I haven't bought any new house plans yet (waiting on good deals for the last few) my motif fund has reached 70k again for the first time in a month or so. It rarely went over 20k so I guess I'm glad. I might even consider getting Silken Ring! After Militant Ordinator, assuming it'll be cheaper but who knows. New AP source might mean lower gold exchange?

In other news Ruben "graduated" from the Squad's tutelage by finally reaching level 16 and getting started on crafting in the second tier of materials. It also coincided with him saving up enough gold to pay them back for maximizing his inventory space. So now he's on his own again, and with the help of Eolan he's gotten a little braver and started smacking things around with a greastword as well as burning them. You'd think a near-death experience would have the opposite effect but...

He might even go into errantry, assuming another bad experience doesn't make him stick to gathering.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 28 2017, 05:54 PM
Post #1339

Mouth
Group Icon

Last night i went and cleaned up my Shaggy Bookeeper's inventory by giving all the recipes he had to Ruben. See, a long time ago I was convinced that I'd eventually start the Squad characters over so I started saving up all* the motifs and at least one recipe of each color for each tier. *This was when Dwemer was the only "extra" motif.

But the reality is that I put so much work into them it'd be dumb to delete characters even at that point. So now I'm distributing things that are only stored for the sake of hoarding. Time to sell those valuable as heck Imperial motifs since I had some left over after giving some to those 2 crafting mules. :V I'd sell the purple and blue recipes, too, but they've since dropped considerably in price. I remember when level 25 blue recipes were easily 10k each given how rare they were. :/

If if weren't for the fact that he now helps with Master Writ acquisition, the Shaggy Bookeeper would be on the chopping block. Hell, twice I considered not doing writs on him anymore and I got some nice Master Writs the very day so I kept going. Not gonna delete him but I'm going to drop him hard once I get the last set of Attunables (I'm making progress towards the first btw).

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 29 2017, 05:13 PM
Post #1340

Ancient
Group Icon

Mira got her Golden Saint Armor!
Pic

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 29 2017, 05:38 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 65 66 67 68 69 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:43 AM