> New things
Renee
post May 22 2021, 01:26 PM
Post #41

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 22 2021, 05:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ May 17 2021, 11:20 PM) *
New thing: I just heard a Tenpenny resident say "I was worried about those ghouls, but thanks to you now I can worry about more important things. Like what color to dye my hair!"

Was that resident Floozie? laugh.gif

No, in fact it was some guy!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 23 2021, 06:18 PM
Post #42

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 22 2021, 02:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 22 2021, 05:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ May 17 2021, 11:20 PM) *
New thing: I just heard a Tenpenny resident say "I was worried about those ghouls, but thanks to you now I can worry about more important things. Like what color to dye my hair!"

Was that resident Floozie? laugh.gif

No, in fact it was some guy!

Then it was Ben D. Banano!

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 24 2021, 08:48 PM
Post #43

Councilor
Group Icon

This is not a new thing I've discovered, it's a new method.

Cho Zen Wan has been going from Rivet City to the D.C. Mall area quite a lot over the past year. And he got tired of getting lost in those Metro tunnels. So he came up with this idea to use those red cones as markers (example here). These cones cannot be put into inventory of course, but he's gotten into the habit of grabbing one at a time, and then placing each one in a key area to make the proper path more obvious.

Still gets lost sometimes. biggrin.gif But hey, overall it's an improvement..

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 26 2021, 12:58 AM
Post #44

Councilor
Group Icon

If we throw a grenade into water, it causes the water to splash really high!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 28 2021, 02:48 PM
Post #45

Councilor
Group Icon

Am gaming with Cho in Fallout 3 this morning. cool.gif I just heard a radio announcement in which Three Dog said "ghouls are people too, they're not some monsters from an old movie." Movies are therefore canon! They are definitely something which the CW had in its past.

And to me this suggests other forms of media which we don't necessarily see from Prewar times (newsreels, for instance) are also possible. Hmm. Isn't there an outdoor movie theatre somewhere in the wasteland?

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 28 2021, 05:06 PM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

There is a drive in theater somewhere north westish of Big Town, near the Potomac.

And Three Dog also describes supermutants as Frankensteins, which is either a book or movie allusion, or both.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 28 2021, 08:13 PM
Post #47

Master
Group Icon

Isn't there another drive in far to the south, east of the Tenpenny Tower?

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 28 2021, 10:19 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

Yes, that's right. There is one on a cliff overlooking the flat ground that runs along the southern map edge.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 22 2022, 05:06 PM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

Am gaming with Cho / Fallout 3 this morning and he is in Moriarty's. We just heard a conversation in which Colin gives Nova flak for using chems on the job. "No more jetting!" he said. wacko.gif

I mean, if I think of all the times we've been in Moriarty's, and all the time Cho has spent relaxing with some liquor, listening to the radio. His game is 284 hours (less than I thought) but let's say he spends 5% of his time in Moriarty's.. I am guessing it's 4 or 5%, yet we've never heard that conversation before.

cool.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 15 2022, 06:33 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

Cho Zen Wan is sneaking in Super Duper Mart and a raider was nearby. The raider got spooked. On Cho's Pipboy it went from HIDDEN to CAUTION. indifferent.gif

And today's New Thing is, the raider ran forward and grabbed a weapon. But I think he grabbed it out of a nearby container. I dunno... I'll have to explore in a few, after the raiders are taken care of.

Edit: Never mind. There's nothing in the area where the raider grabbed from, no Metal Box or other container. Whatever weapon he grabbed must have been lying on the counter, or floor.

This post has been edited by Renee: May 15 2022, 06:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 15 2022, 08:01 PM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

That is neat when NPCs like Raiders will pick up the weapons laying around from other dead Raiders and use them. In Fallout 4 just recently Blood Raven was fighting the Raiders in Olivia Station, and she killed the boss Raider, who had a minigun. One of the other Raiders ran up and picked up the minigun and started using it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 19 2022, 09:04 PM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

My character bumped into one of the globes in Fallout 3 and the globe part spins! It spins independently of its bracket, that is, just like a real globe. huh.gif

Meh, that link sucks. I can't get a link of the globe picture itself. You all know what I mean though.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 19 2022, 09:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 19 2022, 09:37 PM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

This morning my character discovered an easily missed balcony in the Delta rocket section of the Museum of Technology, that we’ve been missing since the game was released. We noticed it from the staircase but it had no clear way of getting to it besides dropping down from above onto a thin ledge that led up to it. Wasn’t a whole lot in there but it did have a skill book.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 19 2022, 11:04 PM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Oct 19 2022, 04:04 PM) *

My character bumped into one of the globes in Fallout 3 and the globe part spins! It spins independently of its bracket, that is, just like a real globe. huh.gif

Meh, that link sucks. I can't get a link of the globe picture itself. You all know what I mean though.

Wow, I have played that game for years, and never noticed that!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 19 2022, 04:37 PM) *

This morning my character discovered an easily missed balcony in the Delta rocket section of the Museum of Technology, that we’ve been missing since the game was released. We noticed it from the staircase but it had no clear way of getting to it besides dropping down from above onto a thin ledge that led up to it. Wasn’t a whole lot in there but it did have a skill book.

There are more than one of those hidden balconies in the room with the Delta Rocket. There are at least 2. You reach both by jumping onto the thin ledge beside the stair and walking to the corner, where there is a room in one, and a little cubbyhole in another. I can't remember if there is a 3rd one or not.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 20 2022, 02:36 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 19 2022, 05:04 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 19 2022, 04:37 PM) *

There are more than one of those hidden balconies in the room with the Delta Rocket. There are at least 2. You reach both by jumping onto the thin ledge beside the stair and walking to the corner, where there is a room in one, and a little cubbyhole in another. I can't remember if there is a 3rd one or not.

Hmmm… only noticed the one. Looks like I have a return trip to the MoT to make!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 20 2022, 06:02 PM
Post #56

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Don't think I've ever noticed that!

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 20 2022, 09:37 PM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

The Wiki has the two secret locations listed here

There are two hidden areas in the room with the multi-level staircase surrounding the Delta IX rocket. Starting from the lower floor, go up the stairs to the second floor, one will see two consoles that say 'Activate Delta IX rocket'. Just to the left of both consoles is a plaque, and to the left of that is the railing that guides its way to a thin ledge on the outside of the stairs for the third floor. At each gap, instead of going up the stairs (second floor stairs, and third), jump up onto the room railing, then down onto the little ledge that runs along the outside of the stairs. Follow the ledge to each hidden area.

In the second area, there is a blocked-off room, which contains a Guns and Bullets skill book in the corner. This section also contains two unique, smaller-than-usual Nuka-Cola bottles.

To the left of the desk with the Guns and Bullets copy, the fridge holds four bottles of purified water.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 24 2022, 07:14 PM
Post #58

Councilor
Group Icon

Am gaming with Cho while I wait for my family to get here. Just found a "Wasteland House". The game did not auto-fill a location on the map, but the place is north east of Bethesda Ruins. Anyway, Cho just stepped through a door (trying to go outside) but instead walked into a garage! It's got a Chryslus parked inside, and a Corvega poster on the wall.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 24 2022, 07:32 PM
Post #59

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 24 2022, 07:14 PM) *

Am gaming with Cho while I wait for my family to get here. Just found a "Wasteland House". The game did not auto-fill a location on the map, but the place is north east of Bethesda Ruins.

Is it the area I think of where in one house, with palisades outside, you find a bunch of Raiders? A neighbourhood area between Bethesda Ruins and Wheaton Armory?

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 25 2022, 02:12 PM
Post #60

Councilor
Group Icon

Mmm hmm that sounds like the place.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:28 AM