3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Are Your Foundation Mods?, Ones that are always in the rotation
SubRosa
post Sep 22 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

I have a ton of mods, many of which add new weapons, races, armor, etc... But I don't keep them all active all the time. Typically I will only turn on the mods I want to use for a particular character, and turn off the other clothing, weapon, etc... mods that they are not using. The reason is that there is a hard limit on how many mods you can have active - 252 or so. Also the more mods you have active will eventually start to slow you game down, especially script-intensive mods or massive 2k and 4k texture packs. It all depends on how powerful your computer is to begin with of course. 150 mods might not make a beefy comp blink, but could bring one that is slow to begin with to its knees.

But even that said, I have some mods that are always active, no matter what character. These are what I mean by Foundations. They are the rock on which everything else is built. Some of them are:

General Graphics

No Tint and Desaturation (wow, there are colors again!)

No Stretching (textures)

No Blood (No Blood Splatter On Your Hud option)

No Bloom

Landscape Detail

Shrine of Azura LOD Fix

A Clear World Map

A Quality World Map - With Roads

Enhanced Distant Terrain

Enhanced Night Sky

High Quality LODs

Pure Waters (makes the water semi-transparent from above, so you can actually see the shallow parts you can walk through without swimming)

Distant Detail Hearthfire Edition

Footprints

SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills

Quests

Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start Brynjolf

Dawnguard Delayed Start

Armor & Weapons

Auto Unequip Ammo

UltraHD - Stormcloak and City Guards

Open Faced Helmets

Runed Draugr Greatswords

Well Placed Weapons and Quivers

Gameplay

Ash Pile Expiration

Open and Lock Spells

Lockpick Pro

Player Headtracking

Puppeteer Master (pose mod)

You Are Not The Dragonborn

Improved Skill Books

Creatures

Real Foxes

User Interface

SkyUI

Immersive Hud

Other Stuff

Female Mannequins

Neutral Hjerim

Guards Equipment Comment Tweak

Long Lost Smelters of Skyrim

Then of course I have my whole array of body and face mods Listed Here

So what do other people have that is always in the rotation? It is nice to share, because that is how we learn about mods we never knew existed.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 21 2016, 03:27 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Sep 23 2013, 12:00 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Considering I almost play Aravi exclusively, I could list all my mods. laugh.gif

I'll look at my load order and make a list of the mods I have to have. I believe a good majority of them are already listed above however.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Sep 24 2013, 03:02 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Already listed:

Enhanced Distant Terrain
Enhanced Night Sky
Footprints
Player Headtracking
Puppeteer Master (pose mod)
SkyUI

Not listed:

ENB
SKSE (no way to not use this) tongue.gif
Lush Trees and Grass
Predator Vision
Random Alternate Start
Real Clouds
Skyrim HD
Splash of Rain
Wet and Cold
Frostfall
WATER
Vivid Landscapes

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 24 2013, 03:12 AM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Sep 23 2013, 10:02 PM) *

I never even thought to list SKSE! Like you said, how can you not use it?

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Sep 24 2013, 03:25 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 23 2013, 09:12 PM) *

QUOTE(King Coin @ Sep 23 2013, 10:02 PM) *

I never even thought to list SKSE! Like you said, how can you not use it?

It was more of a joke than anything. biggrin.gif

I use the Nexus Mod Manager and BOSS to keep all mods in order.

And a couple of mods I left out of the list!

Climates of Tamriel
Project ENB preset (for use with the ENB binaries)

EDIT: Links added

This post has been edited by King Coin: Sep 24 2013, 02:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 24 2013, 11:06 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

I tried BOSS back in Oblivion, and found it was not much use for me. Most of my mods are all homemade, and it does not know what to do with them.

I use TES Mod Manager for creating archives (.omod files) of all my mods that have loose files, and for the load order. I have heard several horror stories from people whose games have been fubared by NMM, and that is enough for me to steer clear of it.

Just for Shits and Giggles, here is a list of my home-made mods that I use on a regular basis:

Weightless Ingredients (makes alchemical ingredients weightless)

Better Magic (makes some tweaks to how magic works, mainly to make the magicka regen rate the same in combat as outside of combat - in vanilla it regens at 1/3rd the rate in combat).

Falkreath Camp (adds a campsite outside of Falkreath)

Magicka Gems (renames soul gems to magicka gems)

Better Jenassa (Improves Jenassa with helpful perks, like Light Step)

Dawnstar Smithy Improved (adds some missing things to the Dawnstar Smithy)

Dawnstar House (adds a player house to Dawnstar)

Better Talos Blessing (since I do not use shouts, it changes the Talos shrine blessing to a bonus to one and two handed)

Winterhold Inn Magic Crafting (puts an enchantment station in the Winterhold Inn, for non-college characters)

Craftable Circlets (makes circlets craftable)

Improved Erik the Slayer (see Better Jenassa above)

Alchemist Shack Home (makes the Alchemist's Shack a suitable player home, with all safe storage and a enchantment table as well as alchemical station out back)

More Alchemy Workstations (adds more alchemy workstations to the inns around the province)

Anise's Cabin (makes Anise's Cabin a better home)

Improved Familiars

All Dogs to Huskies (makes all dogs huskies)

Better Illia (again, improves Illia for use as a follower)

Bound Light Bow (adds a Bound Bow spell with the same stats as a hunting bow, for starting characters)

More Enchanting Stations (adds more enchanting stations to places like inns and shops, such as the Riverwood Trader)

Dwemer Smelting and Crafting Improved (Makes all the Dwemer scrap metal items smeltable, instead of just half of them like in vanilla)

Better Weather (Improves the weather)

White Leather Armor (makes an unenchanted version the grey/white thieves guild armor craftable)

Craftable Theives Guild Armor (makes an unenchanted version of the brown and black TG armor craftable)

Arena Ienith Improved (again, makes her a better follower)

Borghak Improved (you guessed it)

Dawnbreaker Improved (improved the base damage of Dawnbreaker, so its a more viable weapon at high levels even if you are not fighting undead)

Witches to Cultists (changes the name of all Witches to Hagraven Cultists)

Trainer Angrenor (makes him a One-Handed Trainer)

Trainers Hermir (makes her a Heavy Armor Trainer)

Trainers Brenuin (Makes him a Sneak Trainer)

Trainers Bolund (makes him a Two-Handed Trainer)

More Vendor Gold (increases the amount of money vendors have to buy with)

Smithing Levels Quicker (slightly increases the how fast Smithing levels up, so now my characters who use it hit 100 around level 36 - 40)

Better Archery Perks (rearranges some of the Archery perks, making Ranger available at a skill of only 30, etc...)

Better Marcurio

More playable Monk Hoods and Robes (makes monk outfits craftable not made by me, but modded again by me)

Holy Fire Spells (creates a bunch of fire-like spells that only damage Undead [I made this before Dawnguard])

Craftable Nightingale Armor (makes an unenchanted set of Nightingale Armor craftable)

No Fugitive Handing You A Stolen Weapon (removes this random encounter)

No Dragons (does what it says on the tin)

Better Ghost Blade (makes the Ghost Blade a worthwhile weapon)

Undead Summoning

No Spiders (see No Dragons)

Hearthfire - Iron Creates More Building Materials (Increased the amount of hinges, nails, etc... you get from an iron ingot)

Blackreach Easy Access (Lets you get into Blackreach without doing the Septimus Signus quest).

Light Black Helm (makes a craftable helmet with the stats of Elven, and the appearance of an ebony helmet)

Light Black Shield (the same, but making a black shield craftable with the stats of Elven.

No House Of Horrors (stops that Vigilant of Stendarr outside of it from harrassing you every time you walk by)

Improved Quest Items (makes many of the quest items more useful, without being overpowered)

Better Daedric Quest Rewards (the same with the Daedric Artifacts, most of which I never use otherwise because I can make better myself)

Better Enchantments 50, 75, 100, 125, 150 (a series of mods that changes the base enchantment value of robes [magicka regen + magicka skill] so they are equal to what you can buy in the game. I swap them out depending on what level I am)

Longer Duration Mage Armor Spell (makes the Mage Armor spells last longer)

Aetherial Crown to Ruby Circlet (because I think the Aetherial Crown looks ugly)

Whiterun Stormcloak Quartermaster (adds a quartermaster to the Whiterun Stormcloak Camp)

More Trainers (adds a slew of more trainers in addition to those in other mods above)

Deer Pelt Tanning (allows you to break down Deer Pelts into Leather)

Weakness to Element Spells (adds Weakness to Fire, Frost, Shock spells)

Falkreath Court Wizard (adds a court wizard to Falkreath)

Whiterun Mystic Emporium (Adds the Mystic Emporium and Calandil to Whiterun, so my characters do not have to go to Dragonsreach and dodge Irileth every time they want to buy or sell magic stuff)

Better Standing Stone Powers (improves the standing stone powers, so that I actually want to use more than just The Lord)

Gauldr Amulet Improved (makes the Gauldr Amulets grant a 50% bonus instead of 30%, as I can usually buy better amulets by the time I get the Gauldr ones)

Wards Cost Less Magicka (makes using Wards cheaper, so you can use them longer)

Absorb Health Spells Restoration (adds Absorb Health spells that work off of Restoration)

Transmute Iron to Steel (changes the Transmute spell from Iron to Gold to Iron to Steel. That way you do not get a 100 Smithing at 5th level)

Dragonborn - Waterwalking Boots (adds several boots with the waterwalking enchantment, for wearing or disenchanting to learn the enchantment)

Nordic Carved Armor Without Ebony (makes Nordic Carved Armor craftable without Ebony, so lower level characters can make it)

Dragonborn Better Solstheim Weather (improves the weather in Solstheim)

General Stores (adds a General Store to every city and small town that does not have one, also adds a smithy to every hold capital that does not have one)

Craftable Forsworn Gear (makes Forsworn gear craftable)

Poison Spells and Weapons (adds poison-based spells and weapons)

Steel Iron Hide Shield Replacer (Replaces those vanilla shields with some from the Matherian Viking Shield Set)

Subtle Fire FX Shader (replaces the shader used for fire based melee weapons, so that the target is not wreathed in flames (and hard to see)

Snow Elf Bow (Turns Auriel's Bow and the Blessed Elven Arrows into a craftable Snow Elf bow and arrows with the same stats and Elven)

Night Eye Spell (Makes Night Eye a buyable spell, removes the blurring effect, and the color desaturation)

Spriggan Earth Mothers Are Animal Actors (so that Kyne's Peace will work on them)

Burnt Spriggans are Animal Actors (again, so they can be Peaced)

Elemental Summoning (adds a bunch of elemental critters that can be summoned in lieu of Daedra)

Better Faendal (makes him look better, and a more useful follower)

Dawnguard Items and Spells (makes the vampire and DG items craftable and lootable, so you can use them without doing the questline)

Dragonborn Othreloth Conjuration Trainer (makes Othreloth a conjuration trainer)

Dragonborn Thalmor Elven Armor (puts the Thalmor you meet on Solstheim in Elven Armor)

Dragonborn No Word Walls (disables all the world walls on Solstheim)

Fur Crafting (makes all the fur armor, gloves, etc... craftable)

Chronicles of Steel Lite (Takes the sword meshes and textures from Chronicles of Steel and make them craftable with the same stats as Steel Swords. Also replaces the vanilla Steel Sword with one of them)

Nature Summoning

Animal Friend

4 Elf Races Updated (an improved by me version of the 4 Elf Races mod)

Deadwalker Race (adds a playable undead race using the 4 Elf Races mod above as a base now made by me completely from scratch.)

Daedric Bow Recolor (makes it more black and red)

Daedric Arrow Recolor (does the same on the arrows)

Eisen Platte Armor Light (several changes to the Eisen Platte Armor, including making it Light Armor)

Runed Nord Hero Weapons (adds glowing runes to the Nord Hero Weapons, changes the base color to the same as Ancient Nord weapons)

Shouts Are Spells (turns many of the Dragon Shouts into ordinary spells)

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Oct 28 2013, 12:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 25 2013, 08:01 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, look at that list, SR. I'll have to remember this thread, since it's only a matter of time before I'll start my first modding.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 25 2013, 09:49 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

This thread is such a gigantic help to me. I'll have more to say once I've actually played a little more. Right now I'm occupied getting ALL THE MODS. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Sep 29 2013, 04:28 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Looked through your list of custom mods and these are the ones that interest me most biggrin.gif :

Better Magic
Falkreath Camp
Dawnstar Smithy Improved
More Alchemy Workstations
More Enchanting Stations
White Leather Armor
Craftable Theives Guild Armor
Craftable Nightingale Armor
Better Ghost Blade
Longer Duration Mage Armor Spell
Weakness to Element Spells
Absorb Health Spells Restoration
Spriggan Earth Mothers Are Animal Actors
Burnt Spriggans are Animal Actors

These interest me, but I'd like to know a little more about them.

Whiterun Mystic Emporium
Better Standing Stone Powers
Wards Cost Less Magicka
General Stores

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 29 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Sep 29 2013, 11:28 AM) *

Looked through your list of custom mods and these are the ones that interest me most biggrin.gif :

Better Magic
Falkreath Camp
Dawnstar Smithy Improved
More Alchemy Workstations
More Enchanting Stations
White Leather Armor
Craftable Theives Guild Armor
Craftable Nightingale Armor
Better Ghost Blade
Longer Duration Mage Armor Spell
Weakness to Element Spells
Absorb Health Spells Restoration
Spriggan Earth Mothers Are Animal Actors
Burnt Spriggans are Animal Actors

These interest me, but I'd like to know a little more about them.

Whiterun Mystic Emporium
Better Standing Stone Powers
Wards Cost Less Magicka
General Stores

Want me to email you all those on the top list? Just PM me your address.

Of the bottom ones,

Whiterun Mystic Emporium - adds a magic shop to the lowest third of Whiterun. Its behind the row of houses on the main road, between Olava the Feeble and Ysolda's houses, near the wall. It has an enchanting station, and is run by Calandil, who is an Illusion trainer. He's your basic magic vendor, selling spells and so on. Basically he's my replacement for Farengar, so my characters never have to go into Dragonsreach.

Better Standing Stone Powers - It changes the powers that most of the standing stones give. I have a list for this, since I would never remember otherwise.
Apprentice = +100% Magicka Recovery, +100 points Magicka, 100% Weakness to Magicka.
Atronach = 50% Absorb Magicka, 100% Damage Magicka Regeneration, +100 points of Magicka.
Lady = +20 to Health, +20% Magicka & Stamina Recovery.
Lord = 50 points Damage Resistance, 25% Magic Resistance.
Lover = All skills improve 15% faster.
Mage = +50 points of Magicka.
Steed = +100 to Carry Weight, Worn armor weighs nothing, and no movement penalty to armor.
Thief = 50 points of Muffle, and Fortify Marksman of 20 points.
Wildling (Tower) = Animals are friendly and will not flee from you.
Warrior = Fortify One-Handed & Two-Handed 20 points each.
Ritual = -20% cost of Restoration spells, and +20% potency of them.
Serpent = 100 point Resistance to Poison, 50 point Muffle.
Shadow = Spell that lets you turn invisible for 60 seconds, multiple uses per day.

Wards Cost Less Magicka = I just reduced the magicka cost of the wards. I forget by how much. I found that I was always running out magicka when trying to use them with the vanilla costs.

General Stores - This is the biggest one, in terms of how much it edits and adds. I don't think I could play this game without it though. I also have to warn you that it has some dirty edits, because there are these big area effect things you have to move around in order to get down in the cities and add buildings. There also seems to be some kind of navmesh issue inside the stores, as no followers ever go inside them. That might be simple to fix, but I never figured out exactly what was going on.

It adds general stores to every city and village that lacked one. Namely Dawnstar, Morthal, Ivarstead, Shor's Stone, Dragon Bridge, Darkwater Crossing, Rorikstead, and Karthwasten. They are open for business from 8am to 8pm, and will buy and sell all manner of goods. It also adds smithies to Winterhold and Morthal.

Known Issues: The Winterhold smithy building sometimes disappears when you fast travel to Winterhold. This is a bug in the game caused by meshes over a certain sizes. Some people have reported fixing it by checking the "Is Full LOD" box for the object, but I have not seen this help. If this happens to you, simply save your game and exit. Then restart and you will find the building is back.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 12 2014, 11:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Sep 29 2013, 05:03 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Hmm, I want the Mystic Emporium, but I'll skip the others on the lower list for now. I'm still considering TK's (remember him?) standing stone mod.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 30 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

Since I couldn't get Morrowind to install from the Anthology, I put Skyrim in for a try-out, and I'll try to turn off as much Steam interference as I can. If it gets too annoying, I may give up on Skyrim.

I'm adding some of the mods from this thread as I find I need them, starting with some of the UI fixes. Blood spatters on the screen? don't make sense, so they were one of the first to go.

For my Orc, Fleur, the Bear mounts from "like a Boss?" were an essential, well the white one, anyway. Now I have to find make her a bear-riding outfit, as Skyrim doesn't allow separates for upper and lower body.

She is currently residing at Cracked Tusk Keep, which has most of what she needs. I'm still trying to understand the perk/crafting interactions to decide how to equip her, but she's shown a preference for big axes, so her two-handed is racing ahead.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 30 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 30 2013, 10:40 AM) *

Since I couldn't get Morrowind to install from the Anthology, I put Skyrim in for a try-out, and I'll try to turn off as much Steam interference as I can. If it gets too annoying, I may give up on Skyrim.

I'm adding some of the mods from this thread as I find I need them, starting with some of the UI fixes. Blood spatters on the screen? don't make sense, so they were one of the first to go.

For my Orc, Fleur, the Bear mounts from "like a Boss?" were an essential, well the white one, anyway. Now I have to find make her a bear-riding outfit, as Skyrim doesn't allow separates for upper and lower body.

She is currently residing at Cracked Tusk Keep, which has most of what she needs. I'm still trying to understand the perk/crafting interactions to decide how to equip her, but she's shown a preference for big axes, so her two-handed is racing ahead.

The blood splatters on the screen really make taking screenshots in combat a pain in the rear. Since they are almost always there ruining your shot.

Congrats on your orc Flower! My first Sky character was an orc as well. You might find a good outfit in Immersive Armors. Grits has pics of the Barbarian and Merc armors from it over in her Screenshots from Jerric's World topic.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Sep 30 2013, 04:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Sep 30 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 30 2013, 09:40 AM) *

Now I have to find make her a bear-riding outfit, as Skyrim doesn't allow separates for upper and lower body.

It's still possible to make separate upper and lower body outfits, the slots are still there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 24 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

I finally figured out how to create navmeshes, so I have been going through my General Stores mod to create them inside all the new stores. I also decided to ditch Long Lost Smelters, and just add in all the missing smelters with my General Stores mod. Likewise with my old little mod that added a sharpening wheel and armorer table to the Dawnstar Smithy.

When I get time, I will have to go through my house mods and add navmeshes to them as well.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 24 2013, 10:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 25 2013, 04:33 AM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

I’ve made a mod for things I’ve tweaked and one for little things I’ve added. Things like changing the Atronach Stone to match the Oblivion birthsign go in the Tweaks one. Lil’s bow and Jerric’s shield are in Additions. I have a separate one with NPC tweaks that I should probably combine with the other one. It’s been very interesting to run amok dig through the Creation Kit. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 29 2013, 06:28 PM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

Here’s one that I’ve come to appreciate: Peasant Fashion.

It’s just different colors of the lower class clothing, so it blends in very well. It puts them on NPCs. This means that you won’t always see Camilla wearing the same dress.

ADDED:

I have three to add to the ones mentioned above.

A Matter of Time adds a clock to the HUD. I have mine set to toggle so that it displays in the upper left when I turn the compass on with the Immersive HUD key. This means that if I wonder what time it is I don’t have to freeze action and check the menu. I can just hit the Z key and check as we stroll along.

Deeper Dog Bark does what it says. Now Meeko and Vigilance no longer make my ears bleed.

360 Walk and Run Plus does two things that I like. It makes cloaks drift back while walking which prevents feet from clipping through them. It also allows the character to turn and walk straight back toward the screen when weapons are sheathed instead of backing up. Normal back stepping when weapons are out. There are a lot of options with this mod, these are just the ones I use.

This post has been edited by Grits: Dec 9 2013, 01:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 11 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm trying out Amazing Follower Tweaks, so that my steward and wife don't wear armour around the house. However, it appears to remove the steward dialogue options, so I can't buy another cow or horse for the place. It's also a bit flaky about remembering what the outfits are - you get a standard, city, and home set for each follower, which they change into when they move to a different cell. Most of the time it works, and they change clothes when they enter or leave Windstad Manor, but after a time away, returning home may find Jenassa in her armour indoors, or Brelyna naked, because her home outfit got merged into her standard one, and now she has "nothing to wear".

I'll let you know later how the follower horse options works out. Galen rides Shadowmere, and after I test Aranea with a regular horse, I may buy her a bear to replace it.

Edit: Followers on horses with AFT seems a bit of a bust.

When he gets off of Shadowmere, his follower immediately dismounts also, even if she's well behind, and hasn't caught up. That leaves her a long way from the horse after the incident that made him dismount is over, and usually the second horse has started walking back to the stable. If he rides back to find it with her following on foot, she remounts, but this results in a lot of backward travel to reunite the follower and horse.

Fast travel results in Galen, Shadowmere and follower arriving without a second horse. The horse may or may not have returned to its stable of purchase, and if has, it can be retrieved without buying it again. This is consistent with buying the horse and then riding another, without a riding follower.

If I find out how to fix Brelyna's loss of steward dialog, I may be able to get a home-based horse for the follower, and presumably it will return to the stable at Windstad Manor. That would only fix fast travel back to base, but it's something.

I was hoping to find something in this mod that would help with the Bear Riders, but it looks like I'm in virgin territory there.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Dec 12 2013, 07:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 13 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

I’m using Simple Multiple Followers, Horse Commands, and My Home Is Your Home with mixed results. Horse Commands lets me tell the horses where they should return, so there’s a small herd at Lakeview Manor rather than spread out at the various stables. My Home Is Your Home does the same for followers. None of them has removed the steward hiring dialog, but I haven’t actually hired a steward yet so it might not work later.

At first I had no problem with two followers riding along. Then I think someone got on the wrong horse and screwed things up. Every time after that one of the followers would disappear instead of getting on the available horse. I suspect he was teleporting back home to get on a horse that was not following. Fast Traveling is a disaster. The followers’ horses tend to drop out of the sky, sometimes with a follower on board and sometimes not. Horses do not bounce.

I don’t have anything that changes the default outfit. If anyone ever marries a vanilla NPC I’ll probably make them a default outfit for the wedding and home life so that they aren’t in their armor all of the time. I gave my own NPCs clothing as their default outfits so that they wouldn’t look strange hanging around the house in battle gear. Though the Hearthfire houses can be pretty dangerous!

I remembered reading something in the Amazing Follower Tweaks ReadMe about different ways that you could access the followers’ inventory, something about backpacks vs another thing. Here it is:

5) When inventory management is enabled on a follower, and you use the root level dialogue option "Let me take a look at your items", you are actually viewing the followers current outfit. The outfits have lots of scripts monitoring them and if they grow too large, may lead to game instability. So make sure to use the "Open your backpack" dialogue option if you are simply storing items on the follower.

Don’t know if that will help.

This post has been edited by Grits: Dec 13 2013, 02:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 13 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

It may be harder than I'm assuming, but removing the standard dialog option would have been better than just documenting a conflict.

I'm still getting issues with confused outfits, using only the three (Std/City/Home) ones for the stay-at-home folks, who don't actually have anything for City, because they're only inside (Home) or outside (Std) around the house. It's probably related to the way the inventory is partitioned into outfits and backpack, and the default outfit being hidden in the inventory screen. However, the result is better than without the mod, so I don't care that much.

Mounts for NPC's don't have the direct linkage that Oblivion had, where a player had a "travel horse" assigned in the editor, which they also owned. Skyrim is happy to let any NPC whose package allows riding to grab the nearest horse they're not stealing, which usually has faction ownership to permit it. You've noticed that it causes problems when multiple riders have multiple mounts at the same place and time. It's making it very hard to get Bear Riders back onto bears.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:30 AM