Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guild Discussion
ghastley
post Nov 10 2019, 03:01 PM
Post #1861

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 10 2019, 08:21 AM) *

Congrats to Renee! She has joined our guild and I just 'promoted' her so she now has full bank permissions.

For Renee, this means you should feel free to grab anything you see in the bank that will help your characters in their growth and travels. Certainly lockpicks, soul gems, a bit of gold if you need it, recipes, motifs etc. New characters are the primary reason that stuff is in there. The armor, jewelry and weapons in the bank will be of no use to you now however as almost all of it can only be equipped by top level characters. It honestly is not worth worrying too much about fancy gear while leveling up though since you will 'outgrow' it and need to replace so often. Using the stuff you find as you adventure works fine while leveling up, perhaps augmented by a few simple pieces that your fellow guildies can make for you as you go.

To add a little to this - grab the blue racial crafting motifs right away. That lets you do the daily crafting writs (for decent gold, inspiration, etc.), using any racial style material, instead of just the one for your own race. That saves buying them, and gold is often short at the start. The other motifs are only useful once you get to high crafting levels. The yellow style pages are cosmetic-only, but very time-limited, so it's a good idea to grab them and learn them while they're there. They're the first thing to go when bank space is tight, because they don't stack. You learn them, they're part of your collection, and take no space.

Look in the bank first when you need a recipe for a crafting writ. The chefs and brewers gouge you because they know you need them. Since you only need to learn them once, we all toss duplicates in the bank for others. If we remember.... The top-level ones are all there, but the lower ones may have been forgotten.

Soul gems are very useful - charging weapons, resurrecting yourself, etc. and you don't get to fill your own until you have completed several steps of the main quest. Grab some now, and you'll find you're paying the bank back later in the game, when you can't stop creating more.

If you need better armour, just ask. All of the crafters among us have lower-level materials we can't use for our own characters any more, and would love the excuse to use them up. Armour is better in sets, and by the time you collect your own, you've outgrown the first pieces. We can make sets all at the same level, that will last you through ten levels before they need an upgrade. And enchant/trait them to suit the way you play, instead of randomly. Your second character will probably be a crafter, so you can do it all yourself, but the first one can go faster with guild help.

And let us know when you get your first home. Hand-me-down furniture is very much a thing, as you can't usefully unmake it, We may be using upholstered stuff now, and the plain wooden ones are in the annex, waiting for a better home. We've also bought the plans for things we wanted, so making another is cheap. You may be asked to provide materials that you can gather for free, but that's all.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 10 2019, 05:46 PM
Post #1862

Ancient
Group Icon

WOO HOO! Welcome Renee! And most def yes = grab anything you need from that Guild Bank; it is there just for any member who needs something in it to just take it; free of charge.

Also; if you want to wear the Chorrolites Guild "Tabard" over your armor = pull two thousand gold out of the Guild Bank; and while talking to the Banker in any town choose the "Guild Store" option. Make sure you are in the Chorrolites Guild; and go to the "Armor/Clothing" tab = find the Tabard in there; and buy it.

Don't worry about the 2000 gold; because the money for the Tabards goes right back into the Guild Bank = so the Guild doesn't lose a cent on the purchase; and it costs our members nothing to display our Chorrol colors!

And most definitely pull A BUNCH of Lockpicks and Soul Gems from the Guild Bank = you will need them. You need Soul Gems to resurrect if you die; and also to charge up your weapons if they are enchanted.

Also, PLEASE take the recipes and read them! They will constantly be replaced; so don't worry if you take the last one = more will come behind that one. They keep our Guild Bank overly full if no one is reading them.

(and as soon as you read them, they disappear from your inventory, so you aren't clogging up your own inventory with them = it keeps everything flowing smoothly as long as the recipes are read by someone).

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 10 2019, 05:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 11 2019, 08:02 PM
Post #1863

Ancient
Group Icon

Everyone PLEASE read up those Furniture Plans in the Guild Bank so we can make room in the bank! We got 200 Furniture Plans in last night; so even if it isn't your Main Crafting Character; grab them up and use as many as you can for your Alternate Characters! Let's clean out that Guild Bank so we can make room for some of the new armor sets coming in; etc!

** Sold off several items to NPC Vendors that had been in there a while without anyone taking them: deposited the Gold in the Guild Bank.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 12 2019, 04:29 PM
Post #1864

Councilor
Group Icon

Rhano Ongvesson (on my Evergreen account) picked up a bunch of low level recipes and furniture plans then restacked some things, so there is a nice big empty space in the Guild Bank now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 12 2019, 05:00 PM
Post #1865

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 12 2019, 10:29 AM) *

Rhano Ongvesson (on my Evergreen account) picked up a bunch of low level recipes and furniture plans then restacked some things, so there is a nice big empty space in the Guild Bank now.

WOO HOO! Thank you so much!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 13 2019, 02:49 PM
Post #1866

Mouth
Group Icon

I took some furniture plans and food/drink recipes out as well. I also have some Glenmoril Wyrd maps that I can store in there, too. It's...pretty lame that all they lead to are Glenmoril Wyrd outfit pieces. For me, at least. I mean, I figure I'll round out the rest that I don't have if I get my hands on them, but I don't want to spend time foraging for them. And to make matters worse for me, I have duplicates in the bank that I cannot hold in a bank or my inventory at the same time since they are "unique items." So I can just give those directly to someone as well.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 13 2019, 03:34 PM
Post #1867

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 13 2019, 07:49 AM) *

I took some furniture plans and food/drink recipes out as well. I also have some Glenmoril Wyrd maps that I can store in there, too. It's...pretty lame that all they lead to are Glenmoril Wyrd outfit pieces. For me, at least. I mean, I figure I'll round out the rest that I don't have if I get my hands on them, but I don't want to spend time foraging for them. And to make matters worse for me, I have duplicates in the bank that I cannot hold in a bank or my inventory at the same time since they are "unique items." So I can just give those directly to someone as well.

The Glenmoril maps only lead to the Glenmoril weapon pages. Also, to put them in the guild bank, you actually have to use the map to locate the weapon so you can get the page for it. Then you can put the page in the Guild Bank. Honestly, most of the Glenmoril pages will probably be destroyed since you only need one of each item per account. Not to mention the annoying fact that they don’t stack. Really wish ZOS would have made the Glenmoril style like any other motif.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 16 2019, 05:08 PM
Post #1868

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 13 2019, 08:49 AM) *

Great; thank you for taking any Furniture Plans or Recipes you need or want!

I buy those Furniture Plans and Recipes every week just to keep from having to mail out those hundreds of Furniture Plans and Recipes every week from the auction at the SneakyBo Guild; so really hoping everyone uses as many as they possibly can.

@ EVERYONE: In the last two years I don't think any one of us have used the TeamSpeak; we have all been using the Discord exclusively.

(I use Teamspeak; but usually end up on other people's servers instead of them coming to use ours).

Since the Teamspeak charges an annual fee for its service; (it was just money being wasted since no one was using it) = so today I cancelled our subscription to the TeamSpeak.

Our Teamspeak will go down on December 3; that is the end of our annual billing cycle. I wrote them a note thanking them for the great service they gave us (their servers never once went down; never had Teamspeak crash even once these last two years we have used them!).

In the future, if any of you want to get your own TeamSpeak = I highly recommend using GameServers. They have a fantastic service; and extremely reasonable prices!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 16 2019, 06:19 PM
Post #1869

Paladin
Group Icon

Thank you, mALX for the love and care you put in to managing our guild bank. Since are not using Teamspeak, I'm glad you have let it go and able to save a few septims.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 16 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #1870

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 16 2019, 12:19 PM) *

Thank you, mALX for the love and care you put in to managing our guild bank. Since are not using Teamspeak, I'm glad you have let it go and able to save a few septims.

Not Septims; that thing cost real world money, laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 16 2019, 07:31 PM
Post #1871

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 16 2019, 10:26 AM) *

Ah, I knew that but couldn't make up my mind between dollars or acorns. wink.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 17 2019, 06:50 AM
Post #1872

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 16 2019, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 16 2019, 10:26 AM) *

Ah, I knew that but couldn't make up my mind between dollars or acorns. wink.gif

Acorns!!! rollinglaugh.gif

It really didn't cost that much; but since no one was using it; I hated to keep paying for it and it just sitting there. Last year I missed the anniversary date to cancel it and they took another year out of my credit card automatically. I really considered asking them to cancel it and refund me then; but by the time I saw the charge on my bill (a month had passed; so I let it go). But I learned my lesson; and wrote down the anniversary date to make sure I didn't miss it this year.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 17 2019, 11:21 PM
Post #1873

Ancient
Group Icon

Rader (and anyone else who PvP's in Cyrodiil) = since you do so much PvP down in Cyrodiil; I thought you could use some of the Siege ammo and weapons. I stuck what I had in the Guild Bank; feel free to grab out anything you need!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 19 2019, 11:33 PM
Post #1874

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 17 2019, 05:21 PM) *

Rader (and anyone else who PvP's in Cyrodiil) = since you do so much PvP down in Cyrodiil; I thought you could use some of the Siege ammo and weapons. I stuck what I had in the Guild Bank; feel free to grab out anything you need!

Much appreciated, mALX. I pilfered the Pact equipment, so next time I am in Cyrodiil for PvP I will bring them along. Might try to focus on building up my XP elsewhere for a little while, though. Thinking I might cave on the Elsweyr expansion and buy it soon even if it isn't on sale (I'm a bit of a cheapskate).

I wish more people here were into Battlegrounds at least, but I get that it is not everyone's taste.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 19 2019, 11:40 PM
Post #1875

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 19 2019, 05:33 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 17 2019, 05:21 PM) *

Much appreciated, mALX. I pilfered the Pact equipment, so next time I am in Cyrodiil for PvP I will bring them along. Might try to focus on building up my XP elsewhere for a little while, though. Thinking I might cave on the Elsweyr expansion and buy it soon even if it isn't on sale (I'm a bit of a cheapskate).

I wish more people here were into Battlegrounds at least, but I get that it is not everyone's taste.

I actually do enjoy the Battlegrounds games during the Events or in bringing up a character's Alliance skill line really fast; but so much prefer the Alliance War over the Battlegrounds if I'm out just for fun.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 26 2019, 01:52 AM
Post #1876

Ancient
Group Icon

I bought three recipe and furniture plan Lots at the Auction yesterday; so everyone check the Guild Bank and see if there is any in there that you don't have = use them up; Please !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 2 2019, 04:09 PM
Post #1877

Mouth
Group Icon

Petition to have this Friday's guild meet at my Sleek Creek House? It isn't 100% complete but it is pretty close, so I would like to unveil it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 2 2019, 05:16 PM
Post #1878

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 2 2019, 10:09 AM) *

Petition to have this Friday's guild meet at my Sleek Creek House? It isn't 100% complete but it is pretty close, so I would like to unveil it.

That's fine with me!

Oh, and do we have any suggestions for a fun activity that night?

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 2 2019, 05:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 2 2019, 07:05 PM
Post #1879

Paladin
Group Icon

That sounds like a fun venue, Rader.

Buffy and I will be traveling out of town (leaving Wednesday for a week) and will unfortunately miss this month's meeting.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 2 2019, 07:44 PM
Post #1880

Master
Group Icon

Shonta (and me) will almost definitely attend this meeting, but I have a night shift coming up on Saturday, so I won't stay 'til very late, because I need to get some proper sleep from Friday to Saturday, because obviously I can't sleep during night shifts.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post

131 Pages V « < 92 93 94 95 96 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:20 PM