Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 3 RP, Anyone up for some fun in the wasteland?
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 27 2009, 03:44 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

Well, seeing as they were originally going to call Med-X heroin before the outcry around the world (especially with Australia's ultra-strict videogame standards) forced Bethesda to change the name, I say that Med-x should do what heroin does and act like a painkiller.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Silver
post Mar 27 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #42

Evoker

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 27 2009, 10:44 AM) *

Well, seeing as they were originally going to call Med-X heroin before the outcry around the world (especially with Australia's ultra-strict videogame standards) forced Bethesda to change the name, I say that Med-x should do what heroin does and act like a painkiller.

Oh, the things that this could lead too...

"It's just a flesh wound!"
"Your arm's off!"
"I've had worse!"

--------------------
In life there is hope, in death, there is insperation.
Truth is a virtue. Unfortunately, humanity is anything but virtuous.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 27 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

Of course, as soon as it wore off:

"My arm!"
"I told you."
"So cold..."

Anyway, any ideas for a plot? I had an interesting idea for an alternative style Fallout 3 plot, in which the company are asked to retrieve the GECK by a shadowy employer (an Enclave representative, of course) for a substantial payment of caps. So the company set off to try and find the GECK and get into a whole load of mishaps along the way. Of course, they may well be captured by the Enclave and have to fight their way out, like in the game, and of course get involved in the dramatic battle with the Enclave, the Brotherhood of Steel and Liberty Prime at the end.

Your thoughts?
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Mar 27 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #44

Agent

sounds good, but can´t we also fight the talon company. Maybe the brotherhood (or someone else) hires us to exterminate som super muties in a village or city

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 27 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #45

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Hmm..it bothers me that they handle radiation in that way! I mean there could be some reality, it would be more interesting imo.....hrrmmppfff

Aaaaayway, if I'll join I'll be more serious about radiation and stuff....if you guys disagree, then tell me...'cause then I won't join at all..

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 27 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

I don't mind at all-we'll be trying to avoid irradiated areas anyway. I that Bethesda mainly used that system for radiation for the sake of balancing the game.
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Mar 27 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #47

Agent

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Mar 27 2009, 03:44 PM) *

shouldn´t buffout be painkillers, and in the game it gives your character 60hp boost for a short period of time, med-x just raise your damage resistance. But this is your RP so you deicide what it should be.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Mar 27 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #48

Councilor
Group Icon

med-x was supposed to be morphine, not heroine. Both opiates, but one's slightly more medicinal. I think Buffout is supposed to be along the lines of steroids, and i think maybe we should make radaway a little more rare than in the game. maybe radiation will be a little bit bigger issue.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Mar 27 2009, 11:42 PM

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Olen
post Mar 28 2009, 03:34 PM
Post #49

Mouth
Group Icon

If we're going to handle radiation in a more realistic way (and I say we do) we have to decide a few things because handling in full accuricy would be too complex (and fallout 3 was 200years after the bombs were meant to have fallen so there wouldn't actually be that much left of the real nasties anyway if we were being fully accurite).

I suggest that in normal living a pack of radaway is something they might use periodically (every few months before any symptoms develop to reduce risk of cancer) but if you went though a contaminated area or ate something dodgy you would get radiation sickness to match. Areas where there is likely to be more ratidation would be in slow flowing water (the particles are heavy so would sink and be less likely to be washed away then sand), depressions in the landscape (craters etc) and beaches. Also anywhere which had a lot put down on it (say a bomb didn't fission then the conventional explosives would probably spread it over a fair area).

Fish would certainly be a food to avoid, though most meat, especialy higher in the foodchain (eg human), would concentrate radiation.

Thats my thoughts on the best system.

Does radaway remove radioactive elements from the body or treat radiation sickness, or both?

This post has been edited by Olen: Mar 28 2009, 03:35 PM

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Silver
post Mar 28 2009, 04:23 PM
Post #50

Evoker

In the game it does both, if you take enough.

I.e., enough to take you below the radiation 'level', which is 200 (Minor), 400(Moderate), 600 (Advanced) and... 1000. (Dead) There's probably one for 800, but I can't remember it.

The problem with doing the realist radioactivity, is that we'll be dying from having the munchies... Sugar Bombs, your favorite fatal, sugary, breakfast cereal! Then again, thier probably not effected by the radiation as much as they should be ; they were born, grew up and live in the radioactive wasteland thier entire lives, most people have probably adapted to it. (Except the Enclave, who are the only 'unmutated' humans.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 28 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #51

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ok so after 200 years most of the Cobalt-60 will be down (half-life 5 years), but what's left is not so good! What i'm talking about is the trans-uranium nuclides and also Cesium-37, which accumulate pretty well in meat, fish and green vegetables. Americium-141 is a nasty one and will certainly not have gone down...so yeah food can be a problem....

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Olen
post Mar 28 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #52

Mouth
Group Icon

Ceasium 137 is only 30 years so thats almost 7 half-lives. Likewise for Sr 90. Any uranium or plutonium left over from the bomb will still be kicking about but uranium isn't that bad (think of all the depleated uranium used in anti-tank weaponry). Americanium is a nasty one but would there be any produced by a nuclear weapon?

But it wouldn't be fallout without the radiation so I think its best to ignore it and assume that there is pleanty.

Anyway... what's the plot going to be and where will it be set?

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Silver
post Mar 28 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #53

Evoker

Well, I'd like to vote the D.C. area... but that's only because I'm already familiar with it... Though, we could do something more epic, like the ruins of New York? (...City)

Oh, and changed the history for added flaw, and depth.

This post has been edited by Silver: Mar 28 2009, 09:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Mar 29 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #54

Councilor
Group Icon

I wouldn't mind playing in the DC area like in the game, but if we chose someplace different, minque would have an easier time since the landscape wouldn't already be predetermined by a video game. We'd just make it up as we go.

As far as the plot, I would like something a little more separated from the game's main storyline. Unfortunately, I have no ideas.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Mar 29 2009, 07:09 AM

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 29 2009, 08:58 AM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

Well I'm cool wherever, though looking at some of the bios it will probably have to be in America somewhere.

Anyway, I can't really stick around any longer-I'm off to Austria until Saturday, so any decisions will have to be made without me.

Bye!
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Mar 29 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #56

Agent

If we choose D.C just remember that it´s full with super mutants. Also about food, what if we only eat canned food and drink only purified water (and beer)?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Olen
post Mar 29 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #57

Mouth
Group Icon

Well we could drink dirty water but there would be consequences...

I'm not fussed whether its set in capital wasteland (DC) or somewhere else, each has pros and cons. Capital wasteland is already well defined by the game so we know what's what and what's where. No confusion/ambiguity but also less freedom. Somewhere else (I agree with in the US - fallout has an american feel to it; New York, Detroit, or some city no one's ever heard of would all be good candidates). I think if we do use our own setting it would be wise for someone to put together a rough map as this will be useful for inspiration if things slow down. Another big advantage of this is that, as Danny said, those who haven't played the game will have an easier time.

Plotwise, well again I'm easy. The classic 'go fetch this' or 'go kill that' are both options if they have the right background. Maybe something to do with making something which will improve the wastes, or just something to do with making money.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 29 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #58

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Mar 29 2009, 08:08 AM) *

I wouldn't mind playing in the DC area like in the game, but if we chose someplace different, minque would have an easier time since the landscape wouldn't already be predetermined by a video game. We'd just make it up as we go.

As far as the plot, I would like something a little more separated from the game's main storyline. Unfortunately, I have no ideas.

Thanks, I'd really appreciate if the landscape isn't too well defined by a game I haven't even played! But....I'll try to do my best, maybe i'll be making a lot of stupid questions during the play....I hope you're ok with that?

So I'll come up with my medic then...do we start a charachter thread? Could be easier to look up different chars during the play....

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Silver
post Mar 29 2009, 03:43 PM
Post #59

Evoker

IPB Image

Welcome to Detroit? mellow.gif

Bastion is Steel Brotherhood
Crow's Nest is Enclave
The Forts are overrun by the beserk robots, as are the factories, depot's and VaultTec Towers.
The rest are settlements. (Or Vaults)

New map! (And yes, that's RobCo Factories in the bottom-right.)

This post has been edited by Silver: Mar 29 2009, 06:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Olen
post Mar 29 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #60

Mouth
Group Icon

If we use Detriot I'd be tempted to set the map a bit further out to give us more wasteland as thats all city, there are a couple of interesting looking shipyards and islands which would be fun to have... That map is only about four or five miles across...

But before we go map making what sort of features are we going to want? Obviously some towns, and vaults but perhaps an old military base or vault tech factory could be fun. And if its detroit then heavy industrial thingymajigs are vital tongue.gif . Good start for the map though.

This post has been edited by Olen: Mar 29 2009, 05:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 09:14 PM