Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Adnarim, Figured I'd give it a shot...
Disasterpiece449
post Dec 22 2005, 12:01 AM
Post #1

Associate

Intro's aren't for me so let's just get to the story.
------------------------------------

"So what do you think?" I whispered, looking back over my shoulder at a large man holding a spear. We were deep in the depths of Hirstaang Forest pursuing a large group of spriggans who had recently been terrorizing the inhabitants of Solstheim. The Imperials were cowards with nothing but excuses and therefor the locals left it up to 2 Nords to keep the place safe. Pitiful.

"I think you are a lot better at plans than I." He whispered back.

"Fine, I'll flank them. You stay here to the rear. When I give the signal, you attack. I'll cover you with my crossbow. This won't be easy, however, with ten srpiggans so be careful." I said this rather slowly as my companion wasn't exactly the sharpest crayon in the crayon box.

"Uhh..ok. I stay here, you go there. I got it."

Half sighing I proceeded to slowly work my way around to flank these creatures. This wasn't easy considering my snow bear armor and the fact that I spared no room on it. There were blades sticking out every which way.

After a few moments I was standing between two trees with my spear at my feet and my crossbow in hand. I gave a whistle, signalled for Fulgar to attack, took aim. He was quickly upon the spriggans, taking two down instantly. Soon the others were heading at him. He fought hard, taking them one after another and I was picking them off as they revived. we were down to six when half of them turned on me. I hit two with the crossbow and switched to my spear to keep them at a distance but this didn't last long. Finally I threw my spear, finishing one, and switched to my axe, nothing more than a sharp rock tied to a stick. I finished the remaining two and looked up to see Fulgar smiling at me.

"Let's get back to Thirsk." I said. I gathered my weapons, strapped them in the appropriate place, and we set off toward the mead hall.

"Another job well done, Dirk. It seems that you should have been the one to fight Hircine, not me." Sgalring, the new "leader" at Thirsk, was very full of himself.

"It's nothing, gettin' paid for havin' fun."

"Well I'm glad you enjoy it." he paused for a moment, thinking, "Oh! There was a man here a few hours ago looking for you, Imperial by the looks of him. He's says to have you go to him on his ship."

What would an Imperial want from me?"Ok, well I gues I'll head over there then. Fulgar, go back to camp and start dinner."

"Aye"

--------------------
The Imperial City has sewers, but no toilets, no running water. Do skooma laws apply to architects?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Disasterpiece449
post Dec 22 2005, 05:07 PM
Post #2

Associate

I set out for the Imperial fort, walking at a steady pace so I could think.

What could the Imperials possibly want from me? I've had only a few encounters with them and there was no proof that I...oh, well. No matter...

I stopped suddenly, hearing the breaking of a stick. I crouched and looked around. There. A snow wolf. The smith at thirsk payed good money for their pelts so I couldn't just leave it. I pulled my crossbow off my back, loaded it, and took aim. Didn't want any holes in the pelt so I aimed for the head. POP, I fired. Perfect shot, I threw my crossbow back onto my back, ran over to the wolf, and slung it over my shoulder.

Off we go!

After a half hour of travel I had reached the fort. For some reason the Imperial were looking at me strangely, it may have been the dead wolf slung over my should or the fact that I was wearing a bear. Either way, I ignored their foul looks and headed toward the bay. There was a small ship sitting out in the water and on the bank was a man in a rowboat ready to take me out to it.

"Hop on, big guy." He said, and I did.

When we reached the ship I looked around. To my right was the bow with a hatch leading down into the bowels of the ship and to my left was a platform, built into to this was a cabin.

"Come with me." The boatman said. We approached the door and he knocked.

"Come in." Came a voice. I entered.

The cabin seemed to be filled with candles, they were everywhere. To my right was a bedroll with an assortment of weapons on and around it. There was also a shield. In front of me the man stood, clad in Imperial steel which a purple cape, behind his desk, which had a large pile of gold and some papers on it.

"Ah, Dirk. How are you?" The man asked.

"What do you want?"

"Why don't we just get to business. Sorry I don't have another chair." He didn't sit.

"What do you want?"

"The soldiers say you have been working for Thirsk to keep it safe on the island."

"Aye" I said.

"They say the jobs you're doing aren't very easy either."

"What do you want?"

"I've come to ask if you would work for me." he said.

Work for an Imperial? HA! "No."

"You won't even give me a chance?"

"No." I repeated.

"Listen, I know you have killed Imperial soldiers. They were my men. I also know that your brother was arrested last year for attacking a search party sent to his home. Do you know why he wasn't hanged?"

"How do you know about Hergar?" I raised my voice.

"He wasn't hanged because they used him as a trainer for the hounds. They would put him in an enclosed forest and send the hounds to get him. If they could survive him they were used as guard dogs. Dirk, I can get him out."

"How?"

"It doesn't matter. All that matters is that I can get him free."

"What do I have to do?"

"All you have to do is do a single job for me."

"What is it?" I asked.

"I need you to lead a party of my men and attack Thirsk." he said.

"What? Attack Thirsk?" I was bewildered.

"Yes, the men at Thirsk have been leading regular attacks on Fort Frostmoth and they must be stopped. You will lead 10 elite soldiers to Thirsk and attack. They will be under your command."

"I have known those men all my life. I couldn't just go in and kill them, and definately not for an Imperial."

"Don't do it for me then, do it for your brother. He's being attacked by dogs everyday, being tortured and you could free him. Just do this job."

"...Fine, for Hergar. When do we attack?" I felt miserable.

"Right now."

--------------------
The Imperial City has sewers, but no toilets, no running water. Do skooma laws apply to architects?
+Quote Post
Disasterpiece449
post Dec 23 2005, 11:33 PM
Post #3

Associate

Not a single comment? I guess I'll keep going until I get one.
--------------------------------------------

I now stood outside Thirsk with my group of "elite" men who seemed quite surprised at the size of the settlement. Apparently they didn't know Thirsk was a town, they thought it was a simple building. The warriors on the wall surrounding the mead hall were high in number, at least 25 in all. Plus the other ten within them.

"This doesn't even make sense! There aren't even enough houses for this many men!" a soldier said.

"Apparently someone saw us coming and tipped them off." said another.

I said nothing, I was formulating a plan in my mind and the men seemed to grow impatient so I thought I'd just go with something simple.

"I'll go and attack them from the inside, when the guards turn their attention to the mead hall is when you attack." I pointed at five men, "You will go first, head to the left side of the hall. Then the other half will go to the right. I'll join you outside after I'm finished within." I was worried, though. There were quite a lot of men in the hall.

I stood and walked toward the mead hall. When I reached the gates I was hailed by an elderly warrior.

"Dirk, the scouts spotted a group of Imperials headed this way. They, uh...they said you were leading them."

"Uhh...I saw them too. They were coming from the Imperial fort, were they not?"

"Huh?"

"The man leading them was not me, you idiot, it was my brother! I've come to discuss a plan with Sgalring." Relieved, I left the warrior something to think about.

Once I entered the hall I told Sgalring the same story and asked him to come upstairs with me. Of course, he obliged and when we reached the top I stuck my spear into his back, paralyzing him.

He let out a scream just before I hurled him onto the steps. He stopped rolling nearly midway down and as the men came up to see what was happening I dropped my spear and started firing bolts. The body slowed the Thirskonians and I was easily able to pick them off before they reached me.

I could hear the battle ensueing outside. I ran down the stairs only to be met a 3 nords(evidently smarter than the others) and used my axe to dispose of them. I ran out of the mead hall saw something that will haunt me forever.

The Imperials had defeated all the guards and were now slaughtering anyone they saw. There were decapitated women, mutilated children lying everywhere. There was no explanation for this. Imperials didn't do this, yet there they were...all ten of them laughing and screaming mockingly at the terrified children running crazily about.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I screamed with all I had.

The men turned and looked at me with fiendish eyes. Something had gotten to them, these weren't the men I brought out here. These were monsters. They ran at me, giving startlingly horrible battle cries. The sounds escaping from their lips were not those of a human.

"STOP!" I don't know why I said this. I knew it would do nothing.

I pulled my crossbow and hit two of them before the group reached me. I threw the weapon at one, picked up my spear, and went to work. I stabbed the nearest one, pulled the spear from his stomach and whirled it around to have the blunt end collide with the face of a monster to my right. As he was falling I thrust the spear into his chest. One of the creatures tackled me from behind, apparently forgetting that he was carrying a sword, and attempted to bite me. I threw him off, picked up my spear, and stabbed him directly in the face. I withdrew the weapon and looked up. The remaining five were on the ground squirming and writhing as if in an unbearable amount of pain. The surviving Thirskonians were staring in awe.

I picked up my crossbow, strapped it to my back, and was off to the fort once again.
----------------------------------------------

I'm going to end chapter one here. Now that I look at it, I think what I've written so far should be in a single post, as I'm only writing small bits at a time, so could a moderator be so kind as to combine it?

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Dec 24 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #4

Wise Woman
Group Icon

First of all.....hereīs some comments....Itīs a good story, easy to read and interesting. Now that leads me to your request for merging your posts....it is really not necessary, they are long enough each for two posts. There are ppl who post a great deal shorter posts than you, so letīs keep it as it is itīs really ok!

Now you keep on writing.........promise?

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aifïŋ―iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Disasterpiece449
post Dec 26 2005, 06:24 PM
Post #5

Associate

Thanks Minque. I may have another update today, not sure.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:45 PM