Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kingdom Come: Deliverance, A new open-world RPG set in Medieval Europe
post Mar 15 2018, 08:42 PM
Post #81

Group Icon

Woot, woot and woot again! smile.gif Henry did it!! biggrin.gif Made his escape and rode to what I assume will be a temporary sanctuary. He's been there long enough to get patched up, eat, sleep, have a most interesting talk with the castle's mistress, and now helps keep watch atop the castle battlements.

This session's initial riding attempts failed as miserably as did all previous attempts. A breakthrough of sorts came when I realized my fingers simply do no respond correctly when forced to keep W & R constantly pressed while periodically pressing A & D to steer. Those A & D fingers were spasming!!! I could not make 'em behave! Why this is so is beyond me, but there it is. My first thought was to move RUN ® elsewhere. But the few locations I thought made sense didn't pan out. Besides, R works out perfectly for foot travel, and is what I'm used to.

Then an idea came to me. Years ago, before I adapted to W S A D, I used Arrow Keys for movement. I left RUN at R, positioned my right hand atop the Arrows, and tried the escape. Success on my first attempt! Not a very graceful ride to be sure. But Henry got from point A to point B, which is all that matters. I did suffer one further SNAFU. During the run, Henry's horse must gallop most of the way. Only, it gets winded and needs to slow to a walk until recovered. Walk was easy, if scary. But for some reason I was unable to press R twice properly and resume gallop. Best I managed was a trot. That would have done Henry in pronto except he was close enough to safety for the chase conclusion cut scene to kick in ere he died.

Arrow Keys are not an ideal solution as they make mounted combat impossible. But hey, for now I'll take what I can get. As to not being able to resume gallop, I'm sure I'll work that out once able to practice riding under less stressful circumstances.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Mar 15 2018, 08:57 PM

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th March 2018 - 09:19 PM