213 Pages V « < 178 179 180 181 182 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
treydog
post Sep 9 2019, 10:16 PM
Post #3581

Master
Group Icon

Darnand (Grits) and Stefan (haute) invited Athynae on a tour of the dolmeni, way shrines, and WBs of Glenumbra. It was a rousing success with outstanding leadership by Stefan- and Athynae (mostly) managing to not get into too much trouble.

Then we took a jaunt to Stormhaven, where it was clear that dealing with Old Widow Silk in close quarters is... not an easy task. But, with some help from some passersby, we finally scotched the spider... mmm, Scotch. I think Athynae and I could USE a drink after that one...

The Three Dolmeneers

(Sorry for poor quality- but I wanted a shot of everyone).

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 9 2019, 10:40 PM
Post #3582

Paladin
Group Icon

Great that Athynae and company got some fun adventuring in!

Having those wayshrines will help going forward. Yikes, I agree - that spider is very tough, between the confined space, all the red on the ground and those pesky incapacitating webs.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 9 2019, 11:18 PM
Post #3583

Councilor
Group Icon

Yay, you got a picture! That's the best way for me to see the lovely Athynae, as my setting are at rock bottom.

Many thanks to treydog and Rider! Darnand (I am not a necromancer) the necromancer made it to 50 this afternoon. I'm about to get Elke to make him some gear. Whoop!

This post has been edited by Grits: Sep 9 2019, 11:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 9 2019, 11:19 PM
Post #3584

Master
Group Icon

Make sure it's enchanted! laugh.gif

I too had fun - Stefan has not had much chance to practice his tanking skills in a group setting until this afternoon. It was great to not only help Darnand and milady Athynae, but also whatever random player jumped into the fights with us. More than one leveled up as well!

This post has been edited by haute ecole rider: Sep 10 2019, 01:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 10 2019, 05:27 AM
Post #3585

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Sep 9 2019, 05:16 PM) *

Darnand (Grits) and Stefan (haute) invited Athynae on a tour of the dolmeni, way shrines, and WBs of Glenumbra. It was a rousing success with outstanding leadership by Stefan- and Athynae (mostly) managing to not get into too much trouble.

Then we took a jaunt to Stormhaven, where it was clear that dealing with Old Widow Silk in close quarters is... not an easy task. But, with some help from some passersby, we finally scotched the spider... mmm, Scotch. I think Athynae and I could USE a drink after that one...

The Three Dolmeneers

(Sorry for poor quality- but I wanted a shot of everyone).

Oh, what great fun! And Haute is a fantastic host and guide, she is born to lead a platoon!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 9 2019, 05:40 PM) *

Great that Athynae and company got some fun adventuring in!

Having those wayshrines will help going forward. Yikes, I agree - that spider is very tough, between the confined space, all the red on the ground and those pesky incapacitating webs.

Yes, I have spent most of my time fighting her as a wriggling cocoon, lol.

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 9 2019, 06:18 PM) *

Yay, you got a picture! That's the best way for me to see the lovely Athynae, as my setting are at rock bottom.

Many thanks to treydog and Rider! Darnand (I am not a necromancer) the necromancer made it to 50 this afternoon. I'm about to get Elke to make him some gear. Whoop!

I started a Necromancer; but reached a point where I had to stop and research what is working for others, lol. She is powerful; but I see others doing much better than me with theirs! Lol.

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 9 2019, 06:19 PM) *

Make sure it's enchanted! laugh.gif

I too had fun - Stefan has not had much chance to practice his tanking skills in a group setting until this afternoon. It was great to not only help Darnand and milady Athynae, but also whatever random player jumped into the fights with us. More than one leveled up as well!

So good to see you finally getting some play time!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 12 2019, 02:31 PM
Post #3586

Councilor
Group Icon

A good evening for crafting. Laurie pulled all the Jewelry surveys from the bank and went collecting. She finally has enough Zircon to upgrade another item, which is likely to be Taminwe's other Briarheart Band. She got an Exemplary Swift ring from her daily writ, so now Blossom is researching the trait. At the end of the round, Bo got another survey, this time in Craglorn, so she did that one herself, and came back with two Potent Nirncrux. So now Blossom is back up to three weapons under research, and has the next one already banked.

Naturally, the next log-in reward is instant woodworking research, and nobody is doing any. All the crew are at least at 8 traits, Blossom finished her Nirnhoned a long time ago, and any Potent goes into Smithing. I don't think it's worth starting a new character just to use that. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 12 2019, 04:09 PM
Post #3587

Ancient
Group Icon

Do they still do the free crate giveaways for logging in anymore, or have those been nixed in favor of the login rewards?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 12 2019, 04:16 PM
Post #3588

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy usually does one provisioning writ a day to keep her frost miriam up. Though less diligent, she'll often do a jewelry writ also - to build purple zircon stocks.

After the latest big patch/update, she was delighted to verify that the reward box for doing a jewelry writ sometimes gives a purple dust - that makes doing them worthwhile for her. She had been simply laughing and destroying all jewelry master writs as silly - no way she's going to use her hard earned purples on a writ. Well, after that same patch, master writs sometimes ask you to make a blue or green piece instead of always purple.

She was excited when she got her first one for a blue piece the other day. Turns out, she needed to make it Triune trait. Okay, she knows all 9 traits but wait. . . Triune trait material needs to be bought in Cyrodiil for 100K AP each! She has about 180K AP in the bank but is not going to pee over half it away on a silly writ. She rather grumbled as she destroyed that master writ.

Well, finally today she got a master writ she deemed acceptable. Blue Robust Twice Born Star necklace. No problems there and she happily completed the writ.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 12 2019, 04:18 PM
Post #3589

Councilor
Group Icon

There's a crate this month, but it's a "preview" crate that's not representative of the real ones. You get a guaranteed "high-value" item in a three-card crate. That has meant a non-combat pet before (pack critter in the Bandaari preview). The other two things are the potions etc that become gems. Full crate give-aways have disappeared.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 12 2019, 04:26 PM
Post #3590

Paladin
Group Icon

Too bad on the derth of free crates. Buffy quite enjoyed them and it was, is and will be her only exposure to crates. Free mystery boxes are fun but we're certainly not going to buy something without knowing exactly what it is first.

Sadly, most of the daily rewards simply get destroyed upon receipt. Seems a common theme among experienced players who don't care about crown consumable potions/poisons, XP scrolls, are research complete, horse training complete, etc. Even gold is of limited value anymore. Free crates, costumes, pets, etc are among the very few things in the daily rewards that hold the interest of many experienced players - a common observation on the official forum.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 12 2019, 05:12 PM
Post #3591

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, I caved. I finally got an ESO+ subscription. I got 3 months at a 7% discount. I'm on record (well, about to be) for saying many times previously that I didn't think any game was worth $15 a month. That was in response to hearing how much World of Warcraft was when I was a kid, a game which never interested me. Long after, I still didn't feel like paying that much a month was worth it.

But now I have changed my tune, at least for ESO. I didn't quite spend $15 per month anyway, but I think with how much extra you get with ESO+ that it was worth that price (and I was willing to pay it, but found that the subscription was on sale). I've been playing the game a lot the past month and a half, and I kind of wish I did this earlier to get the extra benefit. The game gives you so much even without the subscription, but I think Zenimax has earned my money with how much fun I am having. I think it's fair to pay extra and get the added benefits.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Sep 12 2019, 05:14 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 12 2019, 05:33 PM
Post #3592

Paladin
Group Icon

Rader, sounds like you made a solid, thought out choice.

For folks like me who only play one game at a time, the choice makes sense I think. I feel I'm definitely getting my money's worth. I can see the choice being tougher for folks who play multiple games or play ESO only occasionally.

I think you'll enjoy ESO+. I like the craftibag and ability to dye costumes. Many folks also really like the double bank/housing slot space. And the 'free' crowns do help defray the cost if you buy anything at all in the crown store.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 12 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #3593

Councilor
Group Icon

+1 on all that. Especially on the housing space, as most homes would be bare at the half-full limits without it. The crown allocation for me effectively means that I don't pay out for costumes (or Unna's required Snow Bear), and a small amount goes on furnishings that you can't get any other way.

I bought base game package and ESO+, instead of any DLC-bundled alternative. I'm undecided about Elsweyr to the point where I'll probably have it as a DLC, before I make up my mind. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 14 2019, 03:36 AM
Post #3594

Councilor
Group Icon

So after we finished all the daily crafting writs, Ct Man Dhou decides he wants to go fishing. He's almost finished the Reaper's March ones, just a couple of foul water fish to go. It turned out that one of the foul spots is right underneath a World Boss.

We decide to see how we get on, since we're here, and nobody else is. CMD got our first solo! I still can't believe nobody else came by to "help". And then the first fish he caught was the one he needed. He's sleeping it all off now.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Sep 14 2019, 03:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 14 2019, 09:15 PM
Post #3595

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 13 2019, 10:36 PM) *

So after we finished all the daily crafting writs, Ct Man Dhou decides he wants to go fishing. He's almost finished the Reaper's March ones, just a couple of foul water fish to go. It turned out that one of the foul spots is right underneath a World Boss.

We decide to see how we get on, since we're here, and nobody else is. CMD got our first solo! I still can't believe nobody else came by to "help". And then the first fish he caught was the one he needed. He's sleeping it all off now.

Nooooiiicce. Cincy would've helped if CMD needed it, but he was too busy taking down a corrupt Orsimer king and his arguably even crazier mother.

Which World Boss did CMD grind into dust?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 14 2019, 11:35 PM
Post #3596

Councilor
Group Icon

It was Ysolman the Roving Pyre, a daedroth who roams Old SRen-jJa Docks. It took so long (CMD being a tank) that I was certain someone else would turn up before I could complete the feat. That's what usually happens for CMD or Laurie, my other tank. They don't have any problem staying alive, but can't finish off the bosses before "help" arrives.

And after I finished, I needed to fish the spot he'd been standing on. He re-spawned before the fishing hole played out, and we ran off, rather than do it all again. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 15 2019, 12:09 AM
Post #3597

Paladin
Group Icon

Ghastley is right on tanks vs WBs. Acadian is a tank and takes on WBs. He's unkillable and can solo WBs pretty well but it can take a very long time. So he generally hopes some help will show up just to add some damage.

Funny story about tank vs WB -
Dire Bramblepatch is a WB site in central Deeshan inhabited by a large troll named Sharpfang. Thing is, Sharpfang's main 'trick' is that he has a very, very high health regeneration rate. Acadian went up against him once. Acadian's damage mitigation and passive healing are high enough that the best the boss could do is wiggle Acadian's health bar between 96-100% so Acadian was never in danger. The problem was that the darn boss' health regen was every bit as high as Acadian's low dps so the troll's health bar also merely wiggled between 96-100%. After about 5 minutes of this 'battle of the titans', with no progress and no help arriving, Acadian gradually worked his way back until the troll hit his 'reset leash' range and ran back to his spawn point. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 24 2019, 02:58 PM
Post #3598

Mouth
Group Icon

I've decided that I want to start training up my other combat skills, so I've gone to Dual-Wielding. I want to be able to switch to DPS if I can. Catapulted my skill level from 8 to 35 (I think, but it is somewhere in the 30s) in a couple of days. Sure does help to be at a high level to level the skills up much more quickly. Next, I'll move onto 2-Handed and finally Bow.

Too many things to list that Cincy has done recently, but he has also dramatically increased his Provisioning thanks to the craft bag holding a bajillion Provisioning items. Even made some legit helpful foods and drinks. Probably will store some more in the guild bank later. Now Cincy is on the hunt for some more Skyshards to level up combat skill passives.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 24 2019, 08:03 PM
Post #3599

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh my gosh you guys. Warden Jerric spent some time today working through the fetch quests in his log both to deal with the clutter and to push his last new skills into the morphs that he wants. (Not quite done yet.) One of them sent him to a ruin with some lady’s notebook. Oh hey, he says at the door, this is one of those group dungeons. I’ll just pop in, she’s probably right by the door.

She was right by the door. But of course once she got her book she had some more use for him. One thing led to another, and that’s how Warden Jerric soloed Volenfell! viking.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 24 2019, 09:47 PM
Post #3600

Paladin
Group Icon

Good progress, Rader!

Wow, Jerric! Soloing Volenfel is quite impressive. The final boss trio can be stinkers!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 178 179 180 181 182 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:40 PM