Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recurring happenings, Things your character(s) often do
mirocu
post Nov 9 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #1

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Well you all know what Lothran does when winter approaches; he heads up to his hometown of Bruma to stay there until spring (irl it means around mid-November till mid-March). While he is there he often puts on his guard armor and patrols town both day and night as long as his shift lasts, and when he´s off he rarely misses a night out at Olav´s smile.gif

When he comes back down he always goes to the Imperial City to offload potions and whatnot and then it´s almost always off to Skingrad-Anvil-Chorrol-Imperial City with of course the occasional cave visit in between. Only when late summer/early fall descends upon him does he go to Bravil-Leyawiin-Cheydinhal. Why this pattern year after year? Who knows, but I have tried to go to Bravil in springtime and Anvil during fall, but it just feels so wrong. I don´t think Lothran wants it that way wink.gif

So what about your character(s)? What traditions do they have which they simply cannot depart from? smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 10 2013, 12:26 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Raven always places his magical time-teller (hourglass) to some visible spot before going to sleep, so he can see the time when waking up. And he always places it in such a way that the purple sand (or whatever that is) is positioned down.

Another thing he does, is a habit at the Arcane University. If he's not too busy and hasn't anything urgent to do, he'll always take a walk; first through the gardens and then upstairs, around the Arch-Mage's Tower. After that, he'll usually sit on a bench for some time, before attending to his duties.

Another thing he does, is that he sleeps in the same bed as Adrienne Berene every time he's in the Skingrad Guild Hall. He helps her with her research, whatever that means.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 10 2013, 12:27 AM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Nov 10 2013, 12:35 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla picks every pickable herb and ingredient in her path. And if she finds something she hasn't used before, she eats it, lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 10 2013, 01:04 AM
Post #4

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy determines many of the herbs she uses based on whether they grow tall enough to pick from the saddle without dismounting. For example, both nightshade and stinkhorn make fine poisons but only nightshade grows tall enough to pick from the saddle. Same with peony vs green stain cup or flax vs steel blue entoloma. . . . laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 10 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #5

Spam Meister
Group Icon

This was quite interesting, I must say. I really enjoy reading about your characters´ little habits! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Nov 10 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla has never ridden a horse and plans to never do so. It's all walks and carriage rides for her lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 10 2013, 03:36 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

My Jerric’s World characters celebrate Tamriel’s holidays by our calendar. It’s a way to feel that their lives are connected even though their games have been separate.

Lildereth goes a little crazy with pumpkins around this time of year. Most of my characters celebrate the harvest season with a pumpkin on the doorstep, but Lil hoards them so she’ll have enough to scatter around.

Before a trip Jerric “cooks” meals for the road by mixing up Restore Fatigue potions that he names according to the food that the ingredients could make. Ham sandwich, apple pie, beef stew, corn chowder, and the like. He also checks in regularly at chapels while he’s in town and almost always spends a moment at Wayshrines. He’s not especially devout. I think he’s hoping for an apology.

Jerric has always collected nightshade even though he doesn’t use it. It’s for Lildereth’s potions. Lil is the same way with flax seeds. She uses magicka potions, but she’ll never be able to get through the pile of seeds she has collected for Jerric.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 10 2013, 04:21 PM
Post #8

Paladin
Group Icon

Ever wonder where the MG gets those filled soul gems to sell? I mean, anyone can fill the lower ones, but it takes some stones to fully fill grand soul gems.

Buffy is one of the few intrepid mages who carries empty grand soul gems from her guild, just for the purpose of filling them and supplying them back to the Chironasium for use during enchanting. She well remembers enchanting her first bow with the powerful magic from a dead bandit that she secretly captured within a black soul gem and wishes to spare other young mages with big enchanting ideas the temptation to break guild rules like she did.

During her travels, she also collects scrolls for a similar purpose - supplying the merchants within her guild. Since every necrodude is issued two scrolls, finding them for her comes pretty naturally. Oh, and her forays into the lairs of conjurors and vampires generally garner enough of the rather hazardous-to-collect alchemical ingredients found therein. She provides the excess to the guild alchemists to, again, help keep them supplied.

She generally comes out of a dungeon carrying only a pound or less of extra 'loot'. That, combined with her mare's enchanted saddlebags that can carry as much as, well. . . a horse, mean that her need to visit cities is not limited by loot; rather, the need for resupply of hair conditioner and such. wink.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Nov 10 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #9

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Many thanks for your inputs, guys smile.gif

Reading about Buffy´s duty as a supplier I did remember one thing. Lothran always keep the Bruma Guild well-stocked with Milk Thistle seeds and the leaves from the very rare Wormwood plant during his stay there, and he also supports it by buying various ingredients and especially Frost and Fire Salts from Selena.

On a regular basis he also makes sure the road to Bruma is safe from the nasty goblins in Plundered Mine. It seems not to matter how many of them he kills, new ones keep showing up anyway. Some can´t take a hint, right? wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Nov 14 2013, 05:58 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Lex:I gotta go to Chorrol to study....OH OH OH!A RUIN!

Precedes to go into ruin in which he can open barely any locks as they are all too hard for him to lockpick/use a spell on.

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 27 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #11

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Kind of a new tradition for Lothran is hunting ogres in Pale Pass over Christmas. Don´t know why but this is the only time he goes there.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 27 2013, 04:10 PM
Post #12

Paladin
Group Icon

That's a delightful tradition for Lothran during the winter. Like keeping Plundered Mine clear of goblins, it also doubtless keeps his fighting skills honed while in Bruma. Besides, ogre teeth strung on strands of buckskin make lovely (?) Saturalia tree garlands.

Speaking of ogres, the first time Buffy encountered them was freeing the ogre slaves on behalf of Malacath. She thought the towering creatures were beautiful in their power and kindness to her. The fact that she couldn't even lift the hammer Malacath rewarded her with was unimportant, and she would often stop by the farm to visit the gentle giants.

As she continued to level up, one day she was delighted when a 'normal' ogre appeared on the road. Well. . . you can imagine her surprise as she just walked right up to say hi! Thank Mara she's a master of illusion! That was a rude awakening. But what really turned her on them was when she found one gloating over the dead bodies of a Legion soldier and his horse. Ogres then really became 'kill on sight' and joined her rather long list of targets who get 'no warning no quarter' from her.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Feb 6 2014, 04:41 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

Taking a bath.
Eilidh just LOVES to Bathe.

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Feb 6 2014, 05:47 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Ever since early in OHDH, Julian has made it her custom to leave her mount (first Paint, then Blanco) with Aelwin Merowald in Weye whenever she visits the IC. He is always happy to care for them in the little pasture next to his house.

Julian actually introduced Tallei Luia to Aelwin. By the time she arrives to Weye for the first time, he has a small stable there, an Argonian who cleans after the horses, and a permanent resident named "Old Nag." Julian still leaves Blanco there when she is in the IC, and now Tallei is living there in the manor house that has been built across the road from the pasture.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 6 2014, 08:42 PM
Post #15

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Feb 6 2014, 05:47 PM) *

Ever since early in OHDH, Julian has made it her custom to leave her mount (first Paint, then Blanco) with Aelwin Merowald in Weye whenever she visits the IC. He is always happy to care for them in the little pasture next to his house.

That is actually not a bad idea. Maybe Lothran should take Aetherius down this spring. But can I be sure she´ll stay there?

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 6 2014, 08:46 PM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 6 2014, 02:42 PM) *

That is actually not a bad idea. Maybe Lothran should take Aetherius down this spring. But can I be sure she´ll stay there?

Open the console, click on her, and type in tai. She won't move an inch...

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 6 2014, 08:48 PM
Post #17

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 6 2014, 08:46 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 6 2014, 02:42 PM) *

Open the console, click on her, and type in tai. She won't move an inch...

So I basically paralyze her? tongue.gif

I´ll write it down smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Apr 9 2014, 05:01 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

A reccuring theme for Lissa is her lack of being able to stay in one place for too long. She is too much of a free spirit, so she will usually only stay in one place for one night and then move on; even when she doesn't have a plan.

The only exeption to this is during the snowy days. As we know, ever since a disatrous incident in Skyrim Lissa is terrified of snow, so she will stay inside untill the snow fades, however long it might take.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 5 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #19

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy enjoys participating in the 'Take a Bosmer to Dinner' program when visiting certain cities - Daenlin in Bravil, Thaurron in Anvil and Erthor in Skingrad. She uses Companion Share and Recruit to make them a short-term follower for dinner at the local tavern. tongue.gif

Anvil.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:45 PM