Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Renee's Modding Thread
Renee
post Feb 25 2018, 01:30 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Mod-making thread basically, which focuses heavily on quest-making. The first two tutorials (How to make a fetch quest and how to make a kill quest) are very hand-holdy. They are designed for those who are just starting to learn the art of quest-making. Other tutorials get more advanced, as my wacky ideas have pushed their boundaries.

Just click on any of the links in the post below this one. smile.gif

Bethesda Units. (How distance compares in-game to real-life).

Xpadder Walkthrough page. Xpadder is a site which allows gaming controllers to mimic the key & mouse functions. Xpadder, or similar programs such as Joy to Keys, are absolutely crucial to get the most out of older games such as Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion, for those who prefer controllers. They can also be used for newer games (Fallout 3/NV or Skyrim) to provide alternate controlling scenarios during times when a game's native D-pad arrangement needs to be shut off.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 16 2024, 06:27 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Renee
post Jan 19 2019, 08:25 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Awesome, thanks so much. smile.gif

------------------------------------------------

Respawning Bounty Quests, Game: TES V: Skyrim

Note: Currently the first 11 steps deal with my learning process. I wanted to make a repeatable bounty quest for Skyrim, but my version works differently than what Beth wrote. The way I've got it, certain people will occasionally want us to go kill some bandit boss who's been terrorizing locally, but they won't ALWAYS want us to do this. It's not the same as going into Bannered Mare, where Hulda always gives us a flier, advertising some local menace.

Anyway, to skip the "research" part of this lesson, go to step 12.

1). First step is open up the Creation Kit. Like, duh.

I am going to be focusing on Lucan Valerian, proprietor of Riverwood Trader. The idea behind this quest is that Lucan is fed up with the lowlifes of Embershard Mine ekeing out a living right beside the respectable town of Riverwood. Lucan recognizes my character for being an adventurer, especially after we help him get his stupid Golden Claw back. In fact, this bounty quest won't even begin until the Golden Claw is done. This is the way I decided to write what's below. With different NPCs (innkeepers, smiths, etc.) the process will be a little different every time. It all starts with figuring out what quests (if any) get associated with each one.

As I did in Oblivion, I must first have a look at all the quests involved with Lucan, so I can see all the dialog he can possibly say, especially Hellos and Greetings. I want to make sure that the dialog will match up to these quests and their Priority ratings, so that Lucan won't just start this quest every time his shop gets entered, and dialog is initiated.

2). OBJECT window > Actors > Imperial Race > Male.
Find LucanValerius. Now right-click on him and left-click "Use Info." The Use Report panel shows up, and it includes two windows. The top one is the one I'm interested in.

At first glance, this top window seems to include everything Lucan is involved in, quest-wise. It actually does not include everything though, as I'll explain in a minute. Still, even though everything can't be seen here, the Use Report panel is still a good place to start. Immediately, I can see a slew of INFO topics that get associated with Lucan.

Go ahead and left-click on a few of these INFOs, just to see what shows up. Mostly, these are just fragments of the actual quests.

3). Scroll the top window down until you see QUST. Obviously, this stands for Quest. Look at every quest Lucan's got listed in this window. Here they all are:

MS13Intro
DialogueRiverwood_Revised
MS13LucanCamillaScene
MS13
DialogueRiverwoodDryGoodsScene1

Note that MS13 pops up several times, and this is Lucan Valerian's shining moment in the game, since it is the Golden Claw quest.

Double left-click on each QUST topic, and see what pops* up. Every time we double-click on one of these topics, a quest panel will open up, which is mighty convenient.

Since I will be writing the bounty quest so that it doesn't begin until MS13 is done, I'm not going to worry about MS13's Priority. But I will go through those five quests. It is important to research each of these, so that my own quest will work with the same randomness that the Oblivion version did.

a}. Double-left click on MS13Intro, and look at its Player Dialog tab. This quest deals with starting the Golden Claw, and its Priority is 0. Not only that, but Lucan doesn't have any dialog yet. Nothing to worry about, since I'm not going to write my quest for pre-MS13, or during any portion of MS13.

Close the MS13Intro panel.

b}. DialogueRiverwood_Revised is the first quest I might be dealing with, since it stays active after MS13 is done. Its Priority is 30. This quest, and all its dialog, remains active throughout the game. A lot of the dialog in DialogueRiverwood_Revised has to do with generic things Riverwood residents say, so it's definitely important to check further.

c}. MS13DialogueLucanCamillaScene: open it up, and look at its Player Dialogue tab. This is a short quest which causes Lucan and his wife to begin arguing about their claw, when we first walk in their shop. Its Priority is 60, and there's nothing under the Player Diaglogue tab, (everything is in the Scenes tab). Let's move on.

d}. Open up MS13 itself. This one deals with the rest of the Golden Claw quest: going up to Bleak Falls, retrieving the claw, returning it to Lucan (or not), etc. Its Priority is also 60. Keep moving along.

e}. DialogueRiverwoodDryGoodsScene1 also has a Priority of 30. However, it doesn't have any dialog at all. It only includes a "Scene", which can be found under the Scenes tab. Scenes involve two NPCs, when they speak to each other back and forth. This quest has nothing clickable under Player Dialogue, so I'm closing this panel out.

... Hmm. So far, I haven't found any of Lucan's more famous post-MS13 GREETINGs. Where, for instance, is "Thanks so much for taking care of those thieves...." ? I haven't seen this dialog yet, and I must find it. Because the dialog in my quest is going to work alongside the dialog of "Thanks so much for taking care of those thieves...."

4).
Close the Use Report panel. It seems like a bunch of time just got wasted, but not really. It's important to find everything an NPC says, if he/she is to be included in the bounty quest. If you don't find the things you'd normally expect, this just means it's important to keep digging, until these things are found.

5). OBJECT window > Characters > Quest.
Scroll down to the MS13 area. Ah-ha! There's an additional quest involving MS13, which is called MS13Fin. MS13Fin deals with the aftermath of the Golden Claw quest.

Double left-click on MS13Fin. I'm going to click from tab to tab, across the top of this quest's window. Start with the Quest Data tab, which should be open by default. Notice that it's got a Priority of 60.

6a). Now go to Quest Stages tab. Notice there no Quest Stages.

6b). Skip Quest Objectives because it does not handle dialog at all. Same goes with Quest Aliases, skip that one too.

6c). The two tabs which often handle dialog: Dialogue Views and Player Dialogue, also have nothing.

You can keep clicking other tabs, just to see if there's anything under there, but it's not until I got to the Misc tab that something shows up. Finally! All the more prominent post-MS13 Greetings are right here, and there are four of them, though they aren't called GREETINGs anymore, like we'd see in the Construction Set or the GECK, they are now called Hellos. Two of these Hellos are said by Lucan, and two are said by Camilla, therefore we can immediately rule Camilla's Hellos out.

7).
Double left-click on one of Lucan's Hellos. Note that 'Random' is not toggled. Oddly, once we're back in the game, he will say his Hellos in a random fashion, when greeted several times in a row (as I did when playtesting respawning bounty quests for TES IV: Oblivion). Why is this?

>>> From this point, if you'd like to know how everything works in detail (how the game involves Lucan in various dialogue Hellos), click the Spoiler tag below, and go to Step 8. If you'd just like to continue writing the quest, go to Step 12.

12).
Open up MS13Fin > Misc tab again (if it's not already open). Now, open up Lucan's "Thank you" greeting, and toggle Random on. Click OK. Now open up the topic just below it, which is "Thank you for bringing the claw back." Toggle random on for this one, too.

13). Change Hours until reset from 0.50 to 0.00 for both these Hellos. This is not 100% necessary, but it increases the chance of my own Hello, which will get written soon, appearing.

From this point on, you can either write your quest into MS13Fin, or start your own quest. Although I prefer to start my own, right now I'm not good enough yet with the CK to link multiple quests, so I'll hitchhike my material onto MS13Fin.

14). In the big Info window, right-click > New. Write up Lucan's Response Text, which will be something like "Hey, you're that guy who helped us before. We've got a small problem now. Care to have a listen?"

15a). Click OK. The Topic Info panel will show up, and it should include the "Hey, you're that guy..." text just typed.

15b). Toggle Random on. Leave Hours until reset at 0.00.

15c). In the Conditions box, right-click > New. GetIsID is what shows up by default, so choose LucanValerius for this condition.

15d). Toggle Force Subtitle on.

Time to make some voice files, as was done for the Skyrim Quest Tutorial. Again, an actual voice is not needed in-game. If you already know how to do this from that previous lesson, skip to Step 16.

15e). Double left-click the dialog just added in the Response Text window, so the Edit Response panel shows up again. There should be a Voice Type listed in the bottom window which corresponds to the NPC who says this dialog (MaleNord, for instance).

15f). Highlight this Voice Type. Now click the Record button. If you have a microphone and want to record your, or someone else's voice, now's the time. If not, just press Record and read the text which just got written. Press Done.

15g). Toggle the From WAV ON, and press Generate Lip File.

15h). Click the Save button. If a warning shows up saying this file already exists, it's because there is already a MaleNord (or whatever) file saved. There is a choice to overwrite any previous recording made, basically.

16). Click OK, OK, and OK, closing all the quest windows. SAVE by pushing the main toolbar's save button. Reopen the Quest now.

The new Hello is now in the game, and if I were to go back into Riverwood to greet Lucan, there's now a 50/50 chance he'll say "Thanks for taking care of those thieves," or whatever just got written. Thing is, he will only greet in these two ways, and he won't give any other Hellos he was formerly using. If you are fine with this, move on to Step 18. If you want to further reduce the chances of the new Hello showing up (so that he may only give this quest much more rarely, maybe once or twice a year), go to 17.

17a). To decrease the chance of Lucan saying the new Hello, simply lower MS13Fin's Priority to 30. This will cause Lucan to have five extra Hellos in his arsenal from the DialogueRiverwood_Revised quest. An occasional generic Hello from DialogueGeneric may also sneak in there. To increase our Hello showing up from this point (while keeping all the vanilla Hellos), simply add another greeting into MS13Fin's Misc tab.

17b). Optional: Go into DialogueRiverwood's Hellos, and make these random too. Hours Until Reset can stay off, or you can turn them on for each Hello.

** Now, the main difference between the respawning bounty quests for Oblivion, compared to these ones in Skyrim, is that the Oblivion versions worked solely with script and quest variables. In Skyrim, I will be using quest stages, along with some of the other things the CK likes to see, such as Properties and Aliases. There probably is a way to avoid using stages, instead using variables like Oblivion does (EDIT, 2024: certainly there is! But back in 2019 I didn't know how). Bethesda themselves prefer stages for their own bounty quests though, so that's the way I learned.

18). OBJECT window > Actors .
Right-click > New. I made an NPC enemy, and put him somewhere in the center of Embershard Mine. I prefer to put the guy near where those jail cells are, this way he gets encountered roughly half-way through the cave. When you make your enemy, you can follow any steps you've found in other tutorials. Template Data can get used for instance, to make things more convenient. Just make sure the enemy winds up in the BanditFaction.

19). Toggle "Respawn" and "Unique" on for this enemy. Click OK. SAVE.

20a). Open MS13Fin again > Quest Data tab. Toggle "Allow repeated stages" on.

20b). Also, where the "Type" scroll-bar is, change this to Miscellaneous.

20c). Object Window Filter: type Misc\Riverwood\

21). Quest Stages tab.
Go ahead and make seven stages here. Bethesda only uses three, and you don't have to use seven, but seven is what I wound up with. My stages are 0, 10, 15, 20, 30, 50, and 100. For convenience, I recommend you use these numbers too.

21a). The first stage, of course, is 0. It is more like a pre-stage, actually. Toggle "Start Up Stage" on. Now, right-click > New into the Log Entry area, but don't add any text. It should say EMPTY in this box. In the Papyrus Fragment tab's box, you can type a comment saying ;Pre-quest, just for reference. Make sure that semi-colon goes before any comment added into this box, this'll prevent the CK from trying to read these comments, then screaming errors at us!

21b). Do the same things for Stage 10, so EMPTY shows up in the Log Entry box. Stage 10 shall deal with Lucan greeting the PC, pitching his idea. Another comment can be added into the Papyrus Fragment box, such as ;Lucan greets player.

21c). Repeat all of this for the next stage. I'm up to 15, by now. 15 shall be an intermediate stage, during which Lucan has spoken about his concern, and we've got a choice to say "yes" or "no" to the idea of invading Embershard. Stage 15 is optional, though. If your own character always takes on quests, never turns them down, don't worry about making a "no" choice here.

21d). Stage 20 now. If "yes" is chosen, the quest will bump to 20. If not, it'll just stay at 15 if you want it that way. The neat thing is, this quest won't even appear in the journal if "no" gets chosen. Do all the same things for this stage (EMPTY, and a semi-colon comment).

21e). Stage 30 is the first stage which adds some scripts, but for now, just do the same as what's been done for those four other stages, so that there's EMPTY and comment. I am putting ;NPC Boss gets pwned!

22a). RENDER window.
Go find the Embershard Enemy, and give him or her a Reference ID.

22b). Click Edit Base from the NPC's reference panel. In the Papyrus Scripts box, right-click > Add Script. Now double-click on [New Script]. Give the script a unique name (I named it aaaEmbershardEnemyScript), and leave Extends: ObjectReference alone. Click OK. A blue + symbol should show up in the Script Name box.

22b). Right-click on the script, and then left-click Edit Source. You should be seeing this....

Scriptname aaaEmbershardEnemyScript extends ObjectReference

22c). Close the script. Now highlight it, and press Properties. Press Add Property. Use the Type scroll bar to find Quest.

For "Name", just put the name of the quest. It doesn't have to be called MS13Fin, although if MS13Fin is typed here, this will cause the Property Name to be the same as the quest's actual name. But I began calling it aaaEmbershardBountyQuest for convenience, since anything starting with "aaa" will usually show up at or near the top of any list.

22d). Click OK. Wait a moment until a symbol shows up. You have just made a Property! It should have the quest's name, and under Type it should say Quest. If MS13Fin is the name which was used, this will auto-fill. Go to step 22f, if so. If the property was named anything else, continue to 22e.

22e). Highlight the Property and press.the Edit Value button. Since this property is a quest, all of the quests listed in the game show up. To link this new Property with MS13Fin, go ahead and find MS13Fin in the Pick Object scroll-bar.

Note: It really helps to read about Skyrim's use of Properties, Aliases, and Fragments, if you haven't done so already. Here is a good place to start. If you've already done some modding in the CS or GECK (which don't use properties or aliases, and don't use script fragments in the same was as the CK does) using them in the CK may seem like extra, unnecessary steps. But these things are really here to make our lives easier in the long run, especially when it comes to writing some really complicated scripts.

Click OK, closing the Add Script Properties panel.

22f). Now right-click on the blue & yellow icon and select Edit Source. This opens up the Script panel (just like the script panel for earlier programs), and here is what should show up...

-----------------

Quest Property aaaEmbershardBountyQuest Auto

--------------------

Note: The Quest Property will be MS13Fin for those who wrote it that way).

---------------

22g). Write the rest of this script manually, so in total it'll look like this....

----------------

Quest Property aaaEmbershardBountyQuest Auto

Event OnDeath (Actor Killer)
aaaEmbershardBountyQuest.SetStage (30)

EndEvent

------------------------------------

22h). From the script panel's tool-bar, click on File > Save (or just ctrl + s) to see if everything got typed okay. Close the script window, and click OK on the enemy NPC's window, closing him or her out as well.

23). Open MS13Fin > Misc tab again. Find the Hello added earlier.

23a). There should already be a GetIsID == Lucan there. Now add the following conditions....

GetStage Quest: MS13Fin < 10.00
IsDead aaaEmbershardEnemy == 0.00

That second condition is obviously a check to make sure the enemy added to Embershard is alive. If he/she is not (if he/she has not respawned along with Embershard itself), Lucan won't be able to say the Hello we've added at all. To find the enemy, click on the scroll-bar next to where it says "Run on" and find him or her in this list. Click the Select button, find the Cell and the enemy's Reference ID, and click OK. Result should look like this...

S GetStage Quest: MS13Fin < 10.00 AND
R IsDead aaaEmbershardEnemy == 0.00

R = Reference.

23b). In the "End: Papyrus Fragments" box (located bottom-middle) type GetOwningQuest().SetStage (10). This way, Lucan will keep saying random Hellos until he says the one we wrote. Once he says our material, the quest bumps forward to 10, and he won't say this Hello anymore, not until the entire quest resets itself.

24). Dialogue Views or Player Dialogue tab.
Go ahead and write up all the rest of the dialog . Five different branches are needed, which shall include topics and infos as follows....

> Lucan informs the player about the menaces inside Embershard Mine {Stage 10. Type GetOwningQuest().SetStage (15) into the End: Papyrus Fragment box}.

>> We answer Yes or No to Lucan's proposal (Stage 15. Type GetOwningQuest().SetStage (20) into the End : Papyrus Fragment box for a "Yes" response. If "No" gets chosen, simply leave the quest at 15, and toggle Goodbye on, if desired).

>>> Lucan says some follow-up info: where Embershard can be found, how we'll get paid, and so on. (Stage 20, a SetStage does not occur here, since killing the enemy will do this).

>>>> We return to Lucan, after Embershard has been cleared, (its top enemy is dead. Stage 30.)

>>>>> Lucan gives a note, which can be taken to Proventus Avenicci, Whiterun Jarl's steward, to get paid. (Stage 30. Don't worry about adding scripts yet, these get added in a few). Another option is to add your own steward, in fact this might be the better option for those who are doing the Civil War on the Stormcloaks' side, since I'm pretty sure Proventius disappears after the sack of Whiterun.

>>>>>> We get our money! (Stage 50. Type GetOwningQuest().SetStage (100) into the End: Papyrus Fragment box).

I won't go into detail here, but write up your own dialog for each of those five branches.

25). Quest Objectives tab.
By now, all dialog has been written, and quest stages should all be set up. Time to add some quest objectives. Just like in Fallout 3, Objectives are what cause onscreen messages to be displayed when important moments get passed during the quest.

I'm not going into full detail here, since this info is already in the Skyrim Quest Tutorial found on Page 2 of this thread, but I wound up with three Objectives: one which tells the player to "Kill the leader of Fort Embershard", one for "Return to Lucan" and one for "Head to Dragonsreach for a reward." These Objectives get displayed and completed as follows....

"Kill..." (Stage 20, Stage 30)
"Return.." (Stage 30, Stage 50)
"Head to.." (Stg 50, Stage 100)

26a). OBJECT window > Items > Books.
Find a note, and Duplicate it. I am calling this note aaaRewardNote. Erase this duplicate's text, and type something pertinent. "Ye, bearer of this note, who has't defeated the abominable enemies of Embershard Mine, shalt become dispenseda 100 gold...." etc.

My idea here: Lucan is pleased that we've killed the leader of Embershard, but he can't afford to pay us. He's got a business after all, and cannot (in roleplay terms) afford the downfall paying our character hundreds of gold would cause. See? So what he does is gives a note, explaining that we've taken care of Embershard Mine. This note gets taken to Dragonsreach, just like we'd do during any of Bethesda's bounty quests. Difference is, we're going to NEED this note if we want to get paid!

26b). Click OK, closing the note.

And now, we're going to use the Quest Aliases tab to add three different aliases: one for the Player, one for the quest-giver (Lucan), and one for the note.

27a). Aliases tab.
Always start with the Player. Right-click into the giant Alias window, and select New Reference Alias . This opens up the Reference Alias tab. Alias Name shall simply be Player (type Player in this slot). Now click on the Unique Actor toggle, and find Player in the scroll-bar. Click OK.

Note: Chances are the page is too big, and the OK button cannot be seen! If this is the case, just click into the Alias Name slot (where Player was typed earlier), and press Enter or Return on your keyboard.

27b). Next, to tackle Lucan, who is the one who gives the note. ALWAYS add the giver of any item first into the Quest Alias window, before the item itself gets added. Type QuestStarter into the Alias Name slot. Click the Unique Actor toggle on, and find LucanValerius in the scroll-bar.

27c). Click OK, or do the Alias Name slot thing, and press Enter.

27d). Do the same for the note. Type Note into the Alias Name slot.

27e). Toggle "Create Reference to Object" on. Find aaaRewardNote (or whatever you called it) in the scroll-bar. Leave "Level" as Easy (always leave it on Easy). Now, for Create, leave the toggle on "At". And find QuestStarter in the scroll-bar. Altogether, this should read "Create Reference to Object: aaaRewardNote, Level: Easy At QuestStarter.

Tip: Toggle Quest Object on to make absolutely sure this note will never get misplaced. Quest Object is on the top-right of this panel. Because remember: if we don't have the note, we won't get paid!

27f). Click OK.... or Enter.

28a). Dialogue Views or Player Dialogue tab.
Go back to whatever dialog got written for Lucan after the boss of Embershard was dealt with.

28b). In the Begin: Papyrus Fragment box, type SetObjectiveCompleted (30).

28c). In the End: Papyrus Fragment box, type GetOwningQuest().SetStage(50)

28d). Now find whatever dialog got written for Stage 50, when Proventus Avenicci or whomever is supposed to dispense payment. Here are the Conditions for Stage 50...

GetItemCount 'aaaRewardNote' == 1 And
GetStage Quest: 'MS13Fin' == 50 And
GetIsID Actor: 'ProventusAvenicci' == 1

Make sure that "Target" is selected for GetItemCount, rather than Subject.

28e). In the End: Papyrus Fragment box, type GetOwningQuest().SetStage (100) if this hasn't been added yet.

29a). Quest Stages tab > Stage 50 > Papyrus Fragment box. Click on the Properties button.

29b). After the panel pops up, click the Add Property button.

29c). In the Type scroll-bar, look for Book.

29d). In the Name slot, type the name of the note. Click OK.

29e). Click on the Property for the book. In the Pick Object scroll-down, look for aaaRewardNote.

29f). Click OK, closing the Properties for script panel.

29g). In the Papyrus Fragment box, type Game.GetPlayer().AddItem (aaaRewardNote, 1) .

30a). Now for the final stage, which I called 100 up above. In the Papyrus Fragment box, type Game.GetPlayer().RemoveItem (Note, 1)

Now to get paid.

30b). Click the Properties button. Click the Add Property button. For the Type scroll-bar, look for MiscObject. In the Name slot, type Gold001. Click OK, and click OK.

30c). In the Papyrus Fragment box, type Game.GetPlayer().AddItem (Gold001, X) , with "X" being whatever you think is fair. Also type...

stop()

..........That is it! "Stop()" is what shuts down the quest, after payment is received. Do NOT toggle Complete Quest on though. We want this quest to never get completed, right? We want it to possibly return; that's the whole idea here.

So now the quest is good as a one-time affair. Here's how to make sure the entire thing respawns.

31). Quest Data tab
Find the Event scroll-bar, and choose Change Location Event. Make sure "Allow Repeated Stages" is on, if it's not already toggled.

Notice how "Start Game Enabled" is now grayed-out, and there is no longer an option to toggle this on or off. This is fine. Click OK, closing the Quest window.

32). OBJECT window > Character > SM Event Node.
Right-click on "Change Location Event" in the the right window, and select Edit. SM stands for Story Manager, by the way.

33). You might see several nodes made for other quests, or you might just see a large panel which is mostly empty. Right-click on the very top choice, which is "Stacked Event Node: Change Location Event". Select New Quest Node. A new choice called "Stacked Quest Node" should be at the very bottom of this window. Scroll down (if needed) and find it.

34). Right-click on Stacked Quest Node and choose Add Quests. Find MS13Fin. Click OK.

Now comes the tricky part. The SM Event Node page is similar to the Quest Aliases page, in the sense that it's too big for some screens. Bethesda actually put OK in the top-right corner this time, yet you might not be able to see the bottom of the panel. rolleyes.gif And we'll need to be working down there. If you can't see the bottom, you'll possibly need to minimize the entire Creation Kit from its tool bar. Now right-click on your desktop, and change your Screen Resolution setting to something smaller, or rotate the entire screen to Portrait instead of Landscape. You will need to adapt to working sideways for a few minutes!

35). Highlight the Node which just got created (not the quest below it). Now look down the page (or to the right, if you had to rotate). In the ID slot, type in aaaMS13FinQuestNode. Toggle "Do all before repeating" on. And toggle "Shares Event" on.

Once all this is done, the screen can be rotated back to Landscape.

36a). Right-click > New in the Node Conditions box, and add the two conditions...

GetInCurrentLoc Location: "RiverwoodLucanDryGoodsLocation" == 1.00 And
GetDead NONE == 0.00

36b). For the first condition, change Subject to Player, meaning that the Player/character needs to be in Riverwood Trader for the quest to begin.

36 c). For the second condition it says NONE, but there is some hidden information within this one that cannot be seen. Double left-click on this condition, and in its scroll-bar (where it says Subject) change this to Reference. Now push the Select button, and use the Cell scroll-bar to find EmbershardMine01. Find the enemy's Reference ID, and click OK.

37) Click OK, closing the SM Event Node panel.

38). Close Creation Kit, saving all work. Don't forget to create or update the SEQ file (see SEQ File Creation tutorail on Page 2 of this thread).

And that should be all. If you have Wrye Bash (or some mod which modifies cell resets) use a minimal number of days when playtesting this quest, to make sure it begins, runs through all its stages, shuts down, and starts all over again. When the quest shuts down, we can test to make sure it's shut down by spam-greeting Lucan several times. The opening Hello which begins the entire quest should not be showing up for X number of days.

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 4 2024, 07:14 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Renee   Renee's Modding Thread   Feb 25 2018, 01:30 PM
Lady Saga   Tip: For Oblivion, Always use [url=https://www.nex...   Feb 25 2018, 01:35 PM
Renee   The Fetch Quest, Game: TES IV: Oblivion. So this...   Feb 25 2018, 01:51 PM
ghastley   The problem with the YouTube tutorials is that the...   Feb 25 2018, 04:25 PM
Renee   Awesome, ghastley. The problem with the YouTube...   Feb 25 2018, 05:18 PM
SubRosa   Excellent fetch tutorial Renee! I will probabl...   Feb 25 2018, 05:41 PM
Renee   Thank you. I tend to write up everything I do step...   Feb 25 2018, 11:40 PM
Renee   [color=green]The Kill Quest, Map Markers, and X ma...   Mar 2 2018, 11:16 PM
Turija   Great thread. I will have to think about what I c...   Mar 7 2018, 11:58 PM
Renee   Sweet Turija! See, I just learned a few new th...   Mar 8 2018, 02:53 AM
Renee   [b]How to repair Hair, Game: TES IV: Oblivion Thi...   Mar 13 2018, 02:27 AM
Renee   [color=#FF6600]How to make an NPC Vendor & Mec...   Mar 18 2018, 06:29 PM
Renee   [color=white]How to fix "Missing flowchartx32...   Mar 25 2018, 05:20 PM
ghastley   FWIW, you CAN paste into the command prompt window...   Mar 26 2018, 03:06 PM
Renee   Okay thanks, ghastley. I'll see if this works ...   Mar 29 2018, 05:18 PM
Renee   How to make a Fetch Quest (with multiple items). G...   Mar 31 2018, 11:36 PM
Renee   Each exterior cell is 4096 units by 4096 units or ...   Apr 3 2018, 02:56 PM
ghastley   At some time in the past I did a tutorial on how t...   Apr 10 2018, 07:33 PM
Renee   That'd be great. :)   Apr 10 2018, 08:15 PM
Renee   [color=#009900]Making a weather-changing item. Gam...   Apr 24 2018, 12:19 AM
Renee   [color=#996633]Faction-changing Armor and Clothing...   May 13 2018, 07:53 PM
Renee   Making an NPC Follower Game: Fallout 3 Note: this...   May 29 2018, 01:25 AM
Renee   Timer Scripts. Game: TES IV: Oblivion or Fallout 3...   Jun 10 2018, 11:53 PM
Renee   [b]Making a house for sale or rent. Game: TES IV: ...   Jun 24 2018, 03:37 AM
Renee   Cripes, it's been since JUNE since I've ad...   Aug 12 2018, 04:13 PM
Renee   [color=#CC9933]Gun Tutorial Game: Fallout 3 This ...   Aug 26 2018, 08:52 PM
SubRosa   Ignores Normal Weapon Resistance is a holdover fro...   Aug 26 2018, 08:59 PM
Renee   Thanks. I changed the info in my previous post. ...   Sep 2 2018, 12:55 PM
Renee   Another tip for making these bounty quests: I like...   Sep 29 2018, 06:50 PM
Renee   This post goes with the one above, and is going to...   Oct 12 2018, 02:41 AM
Renee   [color=green]Lizard Men! -- Game: TES IV: Obli...   Oct 25 2018, 10:59 PM
Lopov   Nice! :goodjob: I'll be using this mod whe...   Oct 25 2018, 11:25 PM
Renee   So it's possible to encounter them in Lake Ru...   Oct 26 2018, 12:04 AM
Renee   Making an NPC Vendor / Repairist. Game: TES IV: Ob...   Oct 28 2018, 02:08 AM
Renee   [b]SEQ Files, Game: TES V: Skyrim Requires the TE...   Oct 29 2018, 12:17 AM
Renee   [color=#996633]Making FOMODs through Fallout Mod M...   Nov 11 2018, 04:32 PM
Renee   ` Making an NPC follower Game: TES V: Skyrim ...   Dec 1 2018, 06:40 PM
Renee   [b]Making an NPC Vendor Game: TES V: Skyrim [b]1...   Dec 5 2018, 02:59 AM
Renee   Making a Book bump a quest stage Game: TESV: Skyri...   Dec 15 2018, 02:39 AM
Renee   [b]Skyrim Quest Tutorial (WORK IN PROGRESS, do no...   Dec 17 2018, 12:02 AM
Renee   Repeatable Bounty Quests II (innkeeper involvemen...   Dec 29 2018, 04:04 PM
mALX   This is an Awesome thread, Renee!!!   Jan 14 2019, 07:56 PM
Renee   Setting up a gamepad controller Game: Elder Scroll...   May 15 2019, 12:53 AM
mALX   Awesome! You got it working! By the wa...   May 15 2019, 01:55 AM
Renee   Awesome, thanks. I have noticed there's TONS o...   May 15 2019, 01:05 PM
Renee   Game: Fallout 3, How to use Zone Triggers to set q...   Jun 19 2019, 02:28 AM
Renee   How to transfer saves from Xbox to PC, Games: Obli...   Jun 26 2019, 12:10 PM
Renee   Making a generic NPC Enemy, [color=white] Game: TE...   Oct 29 2019, 10:53 PM
Renee   Repeatable Bounty Quests Game: [color=white]TESV: ...   Jan 5 2020, 05:47 AM
Renee   Repeatable Bounty Quests, How to add new locations...   Jan 29 2020, 01:46 AM
mALX   These are awesome tips! Thanks Renee!   Jan 5 2020, 06:26 PM
SubRosa   Wow. That is amazing.   Jan 5 2020, 07:54 PM
Renee   aw, well thanks. I appreciate your encouragement,...   Jan 5 2020, 10:48 PM
Renee   SetActorOwner https://www.creationkit.com/index.p...   Apr 1 2020, 11:43 PM
SubRosa   You can use this at the console. It is a great way...   Apr 2 2020, 12:28 AM
Renee   You can use this at the console. It is a great wa...   Apr 2 2020, 12:33 AM
Renee   USE THIS idea for Fallout3_Jail.esp. We're goi...   May 31 2020, 05:11 PM
Renee   Adding a Jail and enhancing Fallout's Crime Sy...   Jun 4 2020, 08:25 PM
Renee   Making a Patrol package. [color=#993300]Game: Fall...   Jun 20 2020, 04:55 PM
Renee   Horse Rentals. Game: [color=#006600]TES IV: Oblivi...   Jul 26 2020, 06:07 PM
Renee   Getting an Xbox controller to work on PC. Game: [c...   Jun 11 2021, 12:47 AM
Renee   [color=#996633]Trigger Zones, Game: Fallout 3 Fal...   Sep 27 2020, 12:47 AM
Renee   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj6qGCT4isg...nnel...   Sep 28 2020, 02:55 PM
Renee   https://web.archive.org/web/20130429160307/...Obje...   Oct 29 2020, 11:17 PM
Renee   I have found a really good Daggerfall tutorial whi...   Nov 28 2020, 03:00 AM
Renee   More Dynamic NPCs! Game: [color=#663366]TES II...   Jun 24 2021, 02:36 AM
Renee   Getting the Take All button to work, Game: [color=...   Aug 20 2021, 06:40 PM
Renee   Setting fallback cell (instead of Tiber Septim) h...   Sep 1 2021, 01:12 PM
Pseron Wyrd   https://web.archive.org/web/20200218144220/...a-s...   Sep 1 2021, 04:32 PM
Renee   I agree, Wyrd. Now that I know why random stuff sh...   Sep 2 2021, 01:58 AM
Renee   Random Console Commands, Game: TES V: Skyrim This...   Jan 23 2022, 03:36 PM
Renee   How to make a ForceGreet. Game: [color=white]TES V...   Jan 23 2022, 07:24 PM
Lena Wolf   I thought this thread was for Oblivion? ;) Never m...   Jan 25 2022, 03:57 PM
Acadian   I thought this thread was for Oblivion? ;) ... P...   Jan 25 2022, 05:30 PM
Lena Wolf   Well, there are of course a lot of similarities be...   Jan 25 2022, 05:41 PM
Renee   Lena has a point. Maybe this thread can be moved t...   Jan 25 2022, 06:12 PM
Acadian   Okay, the mod projects forum is simply a collectio...   Jan 25 2022, 07:22 PM
Renee   Thanks, paladin!   Jan 25 2022, 08:44 PM
Renee   How to use the PC's face for an NPC. [color=wh...   Mar 13 2022, 10:11 PM
Renee   How to add a bounty to the Player via script. Gam...   Apr 1 2022, 01:21 AM
Renee   How to add the Player or NPC into a Faction via sc...   Apr 3 2022, 02:39 AM
Renee   How to fix "failed to load snowflake: Meshes...   Nov 27 2022, 04:20 PM
Renee   Installing Morrowind from Scratch Recently I had ...   Dec 3 2022, 02:53 AM
macole   Those Intervention scrolls sure come in handy. I ...   Dec 3 2022, 07:59 AM
Renee   Oops, I screwed up. :whistle: Was cleaning the nex...   Dec 3 2022, 02:26 PM
Renee   Get a Job! Game: [color=white]TES V: Skyrim I...   Dec 11 2022, 11:41 PM
Renee   Traveling with an NPC. Game: TES V: Skyrim Here...   Jan 21 2023, 07:32 PM
Renee   Traveling with an NPC, Additional Locations. Game:...   Feb 10 2023, 03:07 PM
Renee   Traveling with an NPC, Additional NPCs. Game: [col...   Feb 13 2023, 01:58 AM
Renee   Dialog Speech Checks Game: [color=#FFFFFF]TES V: S...   Mar 3 2023, 03:58 AM
Renee   Map Marker Tutorial, Game: Fallout 3 Firstly, wit...   Mar 19 2023, 05:52 PM
Renee   Repeatable Enemy Raids, Game: Fallout 3 I love ge...   Mar 26 2023, 07:31 PM
Renee   Repeatable Enemy Raids, Additional Locations. Game...   Apr 2 2023, 06:36 PM
Renee   Gray Face bug. Game: [color=#FFFFFF]TES V: Skyrim ...   Apr 23 2023, 01:50 AM
Renee   Script Fragments. Game: [color=white]TES V: Skyrim...   May 19 2023, 06:54 PM
Renee   Fixing the Sideways Glasses Bug, Game: [color=#663...   May 26 2023, 10:29 PM
Renee   Nexus Mod Manager - installing and uninstalling Y...   Jun 8 2023, 08:02 PM
Renee   Breton Magic Resistance Tweak, Game: [color=#66333...   Jun 21 2023, 12:03 PM
Renee   Manipulating Leveled Lists Here is how to change ...   Jun 24 2023, 07:29 PM
2 Pages V  1 2 >

Reply to this topicStart new topic
9 User(s) are reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:38 AM