6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Fallout RP, Plan Away!
ureniashtram
post Jun 10 2011, 03:36 PM
Post #21

Knower
Group Icon

So .. Only the Cloudy Jack remains, yes? Or do we have to wait for other members of Chorrol to join?

--------------------
Djinn: What wish would you like to have, young master?
Random dude: SUPA POWAZ!
--
Djinn: Is there anything I could make true, lord?
Old guy: .. Youth and charisma.
--
Djinn: Your heart speaks of wanting. I could make it true, milord.
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 10 2011, 04:11 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

Give me a moment, I've been working on John for three hours. These things take time. tongue.gif

Name: Jonathan Guntherson
Role: Mechanic/techguy
Race: Caucasian

Appearance:
Jonathan is a somewhat short man with a thin frame. black hair mixed with grey struggles to cover his skull and fight the encroaching baldness. He also has a thin moustache and a long goatee. Other than his physical attributes, Jonathan is characterized by his tathered and stained labcoat, the toolbelt around his waist and the pair of glasses he always wears. His glasses used to have actual lenses, but they broke at some point and he’s never found a suitable replacement.

Skills:
Repair (high)
Improvised construction (basically, for coming up with new ways to attach things to other things.)
Small arms (Very Low)
Eyesight (poor at long distances)

Weapons:
A heavily modified stapler.
Cons: Next to real weapons it hits like a big mosquito, is useless against even reasonably thick clothing and it can barely go out beyond stonethrowing range and even there its accuracy is lousy. Pros: lots and lots of ammo.
.32 pistol, just one bullet left, usually stored in an inside pocket of his labcoat

History:
Jonathan was born in a village which was located next to a prewar industrial sector. While the factories had been silenced due to lack of raw materials, replacement parts and a lack of a market, the machinery proved to be a treasure trove for the postwar scavengers. Growing up amongst his peers, Jonathan learned what parts were salvageable, how to built crazy mechanisms out of random scrap and how to avoid getting his head cracked by an ancient steel press. Unfortunately, his own gang of scavengers weren’t the only ones interested in the plant as rival groups both from within the settlement and outside all tried to stake their claim. As a result, over the years the village shriveled till only a handful of survivors were left.

Not willing to stay and die for a lost cause, Jonathan simply gathered the few possessions he could carry, bid farewell to his contraptions and left. His travels led him to Megaton, where his skills as a mechanic were well appreciated. Still, he never quite liked the town and over the two decades he spent there he became increasingly bored. Not enough opportunity to get new toys to fix, as he’d always say. So when he heard of the small mercenary gang that was looking for some more hands, he joined up. In his mind, Coldshort’s Company offered the opportunity to find new mechanisms to tinker with and while anyone could shoot a gun, if no one was around to maintain them, they wouldn’t be shooting for long.

OK, please tell me if I missed anything.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jun 10 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #23

Knower
Group Icon

Three hours he says! You're one of the lucky ones! Alexei cost me nearly a day!

So, the remaining thing to do now is how to make history between our characters, yes? This is a firm and hard nut to crack.

OK, since Raymond, Alexei and Jonathan joined the group in Megaton, I vote that the three are 'friends', atleast known to each other. On other matters, I am burnt out.

We need to pool our knowledge to combat this threat! Coldshort's Company, unite!

(ahem)

--------------------
--
--
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
Ahrenil
post Jun 10 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #24

Agent

Well, Laura will likely have hired based on need, so i'd see it as she'd have hired Raymond first, and then once their equipment was getting worse she'd have asked if he knew of any good mechanics, which would have lead to Jacob being hired, and maybe Alexei at the same time if she needed the fire power.

You don't have to necesarilly be friends, Megatons not the smallest place, you might have known each other for reputation rather than personally.

Laura's gonna attempt to have remained a little distanced from the group, people die and she needs to be tough some times to keep people in check, but she runs a fairly utilitarian gang, everyone gets their fair share of the loot from a job, and she's hired everyone so she trusts them (Especially the longer standing members)

Keara will likely be a bit of a different matter, she's both new and shown herself to be liable to steal before. Laura will likely be a bit tougher on her and keeping an eye on her, though attempting to remain fair.

One good way we can work out our character's relationships would be to come up with an old "Job". That way we can see how everyone works, who'd get on with who, and it gives the characters in the actual story something to refer back to, gives them a bit of history.

Yes/No/Maybe/Lobster?
+Quote Post
grif11
post Jun 10 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #25

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ahrenil @ Jun 10 2011, 07:00 PM) *

One good way we can work out our character's relationships would be to come up with an old "Job". That way we can see how everyone works, who'd get on with who, and it gives the characters in the actual story something to refer back to, gives them a bit of history.

Yes/No/Maybe/Lobster?

I say yes, though I do enjoy lobster biggrin.gif

How about coldshort's company is hired to clear out an abandoned vault that has recently been occupied by raiders, who have been attacking caravans on a nearby road.

This post has been edited by grif11: Jun 10 2011, 07:31 PM

--------------------
~Salutes~ I am dave! Yognaught.

Unshelled Bullets - A weary sniper tells his story of law and sacrifice.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jun 11 2011, 03:57 AM
Post #26

Knower
Group Icon

Lobster? Why YES, I'd vote for lobster! I say aye on grif's idea, but think that it would take time. So why not the Springvale Elementary school?

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
grif11
post Jun 11 2011, 03:15 PM
Post #27

Finder
Group Icon

If my memory is correct, thats the building infested with loads of bugs. huzzah. kvleft.gif

Sure, sounds fine to me, but we need to think of a reason WHY we've been hired to do this. Just a suggestion, but maybe it's because a scavenger has heard of an abandoned safe deep in the building, but isn't tough enough to clear all the bugs out on his own. So, he comes to coldshort's company for help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 11 2011, 04:33 PM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

Here's the deal with Springvale (at least in the game). Raiders are camped out there, and begin a project to dig a tunnel from the school's basement to Vault 101 using captured slaves to do the work. They dig into a lair of giant ants, and have to lock down the basement of the school in order to keep their hideout from being overrun.

Since most of Coldshort's crew is from Megaton, and Springvale is nearby, perhaps Lucas Simms hired them to get rid of the troublesome raiders? Anyway, here's an idea to start with:

Keara goes ahead, figures out the general layout of the spot. Raymond keeps an eye on her from a distance. Keara returns to the rest of the group, tells them what she knows, and they make their plan.

They enter the school on the demolished side (the whole side of the building is torn away) with Alexei's RPD keeping the majority of raiders off them. Raymond's rifle helps out a lot too, as he watches from a distant hill.

They work their way to the basement, where Laura rigs some charges (in front of the barricade keeping the ants out). They make the quickest exit possible, and when they're at a safe distance, Laura hits the detonator. The explosion not only kills some raiders, but it frees the ants to take care of the rest.

(The only problem for me was finding something for Jonathan to do. Perhaps he worked with Laura to design the charges?)

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jun 11 2011, 07:15 PM
Post #29

Knower
Group Icon

Nice one, man! I'm ready when you are, homeboys.

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 11 2011, 09:03 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

Well, the materials for the actual explosives can't be his expertise cause that should be our demolitionexpert's stuff. He could work with the detonator though. Perhaps making something that can be held in one hand, with a reeling spool that extends the wire linking detonator to explosive as you walk? Triggering the detonation would also cut off the used length of wire at the detonator's side so you can move right away for those time-sensitive situations.

Add in a way to replace the spool of wire when it gets too short and some simple clamps to tie it to the explosive in moments and yeah, I think that works.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
grif11
post Jun 11 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #31

Finder
Group Icon

so everyone gets to run around shooting stuff while raymond sits in a bush? how unfair!

Jokes, the plan sounds great, and Raymond isn't the most athletic person, so sitting (or kneeling, laying) down is where he likes to fight.

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Jun 14 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #32

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Gah! I was actually thinking of joining this one, now it seems that violence still is very important? According to the charachters presented, everyone have got guns or weapon of some kind!
So I don't know.....

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
grif11
post Jun 14 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #33

Finder
Group Icon

Well, if you want, you could roleplay as a doctor, since were lacking that role.

I'm guessing that as the story progresses, were going to have some fallouts (Pardon the pun) and maybe a few Hug_emoticon.gif moments.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ahrenil
post Jun 14 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #34

Agent

Well the way I saw seeing it, we're a mercenary group but we're not infact going to be seeing much combat. It seemed to be more of a trial of spirit for our group as they're captured, interogated, and generally framed for what they didn't do. I know Laura probably won't handle being blamed for the deaths of innocents very well, she's liable to flip out. I wasn't planning on actually getting much fighting done.
+Quote Post
minque
post Jun 14 2011, 11:37 PM
Post #35

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ok...I can do the Doctor thingy....I'll dig up a nice charachter though! tomorrow night because it's late here now

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 15 2011, 04:44 AM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

it'd be awesome if you joined, minque! Rping here just isn't the same without you.

If you get that character up pretty soon, it would likely be feasible to squeeze you in without a hitch. If not, your character could be waiting in Megaton for us to return, perhaps?

As far as other things go...

How is this going to go down? I'm thinking Laura and Keara go in and find nothing but a warehouse full of dead settlers. So we call the others in, and we search for the matter-sphere (is that what we decided to call it?). While we look, Regulators show up (Keara will likely abandon the crew at this point, thinking they are after her specifically) and blame Coldshort's Company for the misdeed. This route assumes that minque's character is with ours already.

If minque's character is waiting in Megaton, we could search for the matter-sphere, and after we don't find it, go back to Megaton to report, only to have the regulators waiting for us. (keara would probably stay outside, wondering what was taking everyone so long)

Are we planning on being captured or not?

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Jun 15 2011, 04:51 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jun 15 2011, 05:10 AM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

One more thing:

as far as character interactions goes, maybe we just need to slow the plot a little now and then and take time for campfire moments and the like. It should be easy, once we get through this settlement/regulator trouble.

also, we could make little things count more on that note. Like when two people get paired up to do something (ie - right now it's Jonathan and Alexei/Keara and Laura) they can chat it up some, learn more about the characters, etc.

I guess Raymond is the lone wolf in this example, but the idea stands.

EDIT: double post apologies.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Jun 15 2011, 05:11 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ahrenil
post Jun 15 2011, 04:06 PM
Post #38

Agent

What I was thinking is similar, we go in, find dead settlers and the item gone, as we try and high tail it outta there the Regulators arrive and we get carted off to a cell somewhere. If Minque's character is one who stays at camp maybe they hit there first, and that's how they knew where to find us?

As far as being in the cells was concerned I saw us as being split up into pairs and seperately interrogated. Trying to have us give each other in for a shorter sentence or freedom. Trying to get us to mistrust each other and such, could give us some good interplay between the characters in the cells as they try to figure out if ones giving the other up, or how the others are faring.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jun 16 2011, 09:14 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

Are more participants still welcome? I only just got back from a couple of trips out of town.
+Quote Post
grif11
post Jun 16 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #40

Finder
Group Icon

I don't see why not, but were starting to run out of class choices, so pick fast!

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:04 AM