Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
mALX
post Nov 24 2011, 03:02 AM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(liliandra nadiar @ Nov 23 2011, 08:58 PM) *

Chance is, at the moment, beating her steel helmet encased head on a rock reminding herself to keep her mouth shut next time. After having made a note of a canoe on an island near the Silver Hand base, she went to check it out after being dismissed by Aela from Gallows Rock. On the island, she found a smugglers den. Easy enough right? Only it appeared the smuggler's last trip was a pair of vampires.

Chance will be keeping an eye on the sky while she heads back to Whiterun.

Maxical found that island trap door last night too! She thought like Chance did, that it would be a smugglers hideout...but that scary music when she entered made her think twice about attempting it. Now I'm glad she got the H out of there !!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 24 2011, 04:18 AM
Post #42

Finder
Group Icon

Further up river, Chance found a small ruined house with a dead Nord under one of three felled trees that hit the place, it left her thinking that while she may be Chance the Unlucky, she was still alive while Lucky Lorenz... wasn't

Though the abandoned ruin across the river brought that into question as the old prison was populated with, you guessed it, ghosts.

It was a very stressed and twitchy Redguard that walked into the Bannered Mare for a drink or 6. Fortunately Sam, a new face in the tavern, offered to buy if she would have a friendly drinking contest with him. Sounds like a good way to relax and unwind. Nothing could go wrong with that.

This post has been edited by liliandra nadiar: Nov 24 2011, 04:19 AM

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 24 2011, 04:25 AM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

Finding Lucky Lorenz was lucky for Maxical - she had caught another disease and he had a shrine in his cabin. It took forever to get to it, had to climb up the hill behind the shack and walk the fallen tree down, lol. She's cured for now, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 24 2011, 04:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Nov 24 2011, 10:28 AM
Post #44

Knower
Group Icon

Today, Ragnall found his past catching up to him.

A few days ago, Ragnall had politely informed a distinguished group of elves met on the road that he considered himself successor and heir to Talos, and as such, gave sacrifice at the altars of his predecessor. These elves, members of the Thalmor, disagreed with Ragnall's religious beliefs and acted accordingly.

Ragnall subsequently demonstrated his superior "debate" skills, which had been honed against numerous dragons utilizing quite powerful rhetorical techniques to bolster their debate voices. Ragnall came away with some good armor and loot, making the incident profitable enough to justify a practice of repeating this process.

Today however, Ragnall discovered that some of these higher-ups in the Thalmor hierarchy didn't like him too much, and now the elves on the road that happen to have prisoners will attack Ragnall on sight.

Fortunately, Ragnall is still the only true master of debate in the dragon school, and his training has prepared him for times like this...

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 24 2011, 01:33 PM
Post #45

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm glad that Ragnall is out there taking down those Thalmor. Rowan still has to slink on by when she meets them.

Here's an update from J'Shanji:

J’Shanji leaned against the fence in the morning sun, waiting for Faendal to come out of his house. He hoped to convince the Bosmer to join him on a bandit hunt. It wasn’t difficult.

On the way there Faendal told the tale of his evening with Camilla. J’Shanji had been right about her. Well, she sounded more flexible than he had imagined. And a lot less concerned about hygiene.

“Perhaps in our travels, Faendal will find a woman who possesses some dignity and self-respect,” J’Shanji said.

Faendal gave him a look. “This one isn’t interested in that kind of woman.”

The keep was visible from a good distance. Two towers joined by a bridge over the swiftly flowing river. That meant the road was also visible from the keep. J’Shanji and Faendal crouched down for some tactical planning.

J’Shanji decided they would cross the river and take the western tower first. He expected that the bandit leader would be in the most fortified location, and this way they wouldn’t have to cross the narrow bridge while under fire. A quick swim and a careful climb up the rocks put them into position. J’Shanji’s arrows sent the first bandit falling to his death in the river. He hoped that he wouldn’t need to retrieve anything from the body. J’Shanji hugged the cliff wall, waiting for his next shot. (Though how they missed a black cat against a gray cliff in the sunlight is beyond me.)

A commotion arose on the far side of the river. The bandits in the tower were shooting at someone on the ground. A hapless traveler? J’Shanji turned to consult with Faendal.

The Bosmer wasn’t there. J’Shanji had one second of confusion before he heard Faendal’s distant battle cry. The crazy elf had swum back over the river and engaged the bandits.

Dammit! J’Shanji plunged back into the river, angling downstream toward the fight. He quickly realized that the current was strong because of the WATERFALL. On the other side, Faendal scorched the air with his curses. J’Shanji was too busy fighting bandits to be impressed.

When his last enemy fell, J’Shanji looked up to find Faendal on the bridge, trading arrows with the bandits on the opposite cliff. That looked like a bad idea. J’Shanji raced up the tower to get an angle on Faendal’s opponents. He took one down with arrows, but then he couldn’t see Faendal anymore. There was a small body washed up against the shore on the opposite side of the river. It occurred to J’Shanji that Faendal could have crossed the bridge and been shot on the cliff by J’Shanji himself. Crap.

J’Shanji couldn’t get a shot at the last bandit, and she headed for the tower on that side. He decided to race her so that they would fight in the tower. While J’Shanji was charging across the bridge we realized that somehow Faendal was now behind him. Yay, he’s not dead, but that complicates things.

Did I mention that I got stuck with the crappy controller? That is significant because when J’Shanji hit the door with Faendal at his heels and the bandit queen stepped out and pushed J’Shanji off the bridge onto this tiny little ledge, the controller stuck and I was on my feet trying to get him back on the bridge through my own sheer body motion. I’m recovering from a disc injury, so this is not good. Then when J’Shanji got back onto the bridge, Faendal and the bandit queen bashed him off onto the ledge again, and the controller stuck AGAIN! This time he got back on behind the bandit. He and Faendal took her down in a shower of red.

Cue quest update. Whew.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Nov 24 2011, 01:52 PM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

Wulff is at some Bastion just outside Falkreath...Vampires and word walls a-go-go!!...
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 24 2011, 09:06 PM
Post #47

Finder
Group Icon

Chance had a nice nervous breakdown. The simple game somehow ended with her halfway across Skyrim in Marketh, the fact she had apparently been fondling the icon of Diebella wasn't too promising either. Her trip back home, hangover surprisingly faint, saw a dragon attack her barely outside the town.

She doesn't even want to start thinking about the goat. And she apparently either proposed or was proposed too a stranger. She still hasn't found her drinking buddy Sam yet.

--------------------
The Tides of Oblivion
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Nov 24 2011, 09:49 PM
Post #48

Knower
Group Icon

Melinoe had an interesting day.

She took on her first unofficial guild jobs. Just stealing something from a shop in Solitude. Along the way she saw a group of elves slaughter a man out of nowhere! Upon closer inspection, she found the poor man was a Stormcloak soldier and the elves were the Thalmor.

Of course the Thalmor didn't take kindly to her snooping and drew their weapons immediately. Melinoe huffed. These couldn't be experienced Thalmor. They had been taken down quickly by a mere thief! She quickly took everything of value from their corpses. The Stormcloak, she left alone.

Melinoe entered Solitude just in time for an execution. She didn't watch. As half the town was there, it should have been the perfect time to do her job. I say "should have" as she didn't count on the shopkeep's son watching over the place while she was trying to steal.

"Can't a man have any privacy?" He demanded.

So Melinoe left, trying to remember to come back after his bedtime.

As she walked the streets a man (he seemed to be missing his eyes!) approached, begging for help finding his master. He was having tea with a friend at the Blue Palace. Then an Altmer woman came and started insulting her clothes. Well, technically armor, but still. She told Melinoe that if she would be willing to put on one of her (fugly) dresses and ask the Jarl what she thinks, she'll get a reward and keep the (very fugly) dress. Yes, Melinoe would like nothing more than to ask a grieving widow what she thinks about her outfit.

Speaking of grieving, there was the little girl who was the niece of the man executed. She wanted her mother to go back to Temple again. How could Melinoe refuse to help?

After doing all that, Melinoe decided to take her leave. Though she had this odd feeling she forgot to do something. It wasn't until she got to Windhelm that she realized that she never did her Thieves Guild job!

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
treydog
post Nov 25 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #49

Master
Group Icon

Trey's nose for trouble seems to be growing.

He FINALLY decided that having Lydia come along would be a GOOD THING ™ and so invited her to accompany him to Markarth- where there was some unfinished business....

Some snooping, a fist-fight, and two Forsworn attacks later- he found himself in prison. AGAIN!

Guest-starring in the role of "New Meat," Trey learned what a "shiv" is- why it is good to have one, that just because someone helps you break out of prison DOES NOT make them a friend- AND that Markarth is probably no longer on the list of places to visit.

He and Lydia got back to Breezehome in Whiterun (apparently named for the gaps in the walls and around the doors).

Trey decided bed was a wonderful idea and explained to Lydia that- No- he really did not need "help" with that. Perhaps he should not have been so abrupt...

Trey slowly awoke in an abandoned shack and was addressed by someone claiming that he had done something of questionable legality. That aspect did not upset his kidnapper though- she felt he OWED her a death. SHE felt he should murder one of three other captives- and wanted TREY to decide which one.

Trey considered for about 2 seconds- kill a stranger, with a 2 in 3 chance of getting it wrong? OR kill the noble seamstress who dragged me out of my bed? "Well- she DID say I could not leave until I gave her a death.... So- here ya go, sweetheart!"

Glass arrows are SO satisfying- as is the "little gift" Trey got from his friend Sam...

Trey freed the prisoners and stumbled out into the pre-dawn darkness. A look at the stars and landmarks showed he was bloody well nearly in Solitude!

Blast and drat! Nothing for it but to hoof back to Whiterun.

On the way, Trey found a barrow. He has rather a "thing" about undead. Mostly, he feels that they should be ALL THE WAY dead. Just as he entered the first chamber, Lydia nearly got herself pin-cushioned with arrows stepping on his heels.

"Where in OBLIVION did YOU come from? Never mind- time for that later."

Many draugr and several traps later- ("When I tell you to 'wait there' I MEAN 'WAIT THERE AND DO NOT STEP ON ANTYHING'!")- he has found an intriguing journal and an ivory claw. More barrow delving in the future- plus another mysterious claw to go with the golden one.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Nov 25 2011, 04:21 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

Today, Wulff Olfsson found himself in a most bizzare place...The Bard's College...Why? He had no idea until he found himself face to face with yet another glowing word...It's like some force is only sending him to places where all these words are... biggrin.gif ...Still, he's now very rich and still going about doing stuff...Like...Helping to write a poem...Big chap...Full Legendary Ebony armour...Two Ebony Swords...Shield...War axe...Settles down with the headmaster of the college to finish off a poem...Of course... huh.gif ...

However, in RL Robert shudders to think about all the dragons he's going to need to kill to charge all of these words... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 25 2011, 06:17 PM
Post #51

Councilor
Group Icon

It is so fun to read Trey’s adventures while they are happening this time! smile.gif

I was chuckling at the image of Wulff bristling with Ebony death and hunched over a scrap of parchment, trying to think of a rhyme for “orange.” Rowan has a bunch of spare souls and not enough words. Wish we could swap.

Rowan’s attempt to drop off some crap in Markarth resulted in a bunch of new items on her to-do list. Don’t know if I mentioned it, but a little while ago Rowan finally had enough of Lydia’s lip. She sent her back to Whiterun to get some carling done at the house. Whatever that is. She can cool her heels there until she has a better attitude when Rowan is giving her some more damn healing potions. Anyway, after that Rowan picked up Sven.

Sven has the endearing habit of occasionally whipping out his flute during quiet moments. He is a bard, after all. The road to Markarth was full of Foresworn, sabercats, and bandits. Sven spent a lot of time on his knees near death. It was quite worrisome. I’m guessing there might be an issue with companion leveling.

While they were fighting off Foresworn and trying to get a dragon to land, Sven had an epiphany. He was born to be a Blade. Rowan helped him get that done. His first act at the fortress was to claim a bed and get some sleep. Rowan realized that he had been watching her back day and night. Oops.

Now Rowan is rolling with the ultra-hot Vorstag. She upgraded his gear. Hopefully he will be a little more durable than Sven.

Markarth is beautiful. Rowan is going to do some questing in the area before she gets back to Esbern’s chores. The Reach is so different from the rest of Skyrim. Makes me want to visit High Rock.

This post has been edited by Grits: Nov 25 2011, 07:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 25 2011, 06:34 PM
Post #52

Master
Group Icon

I have to say Grits, I loved reading about J’Shanji. laugh.gif
I'm kind of sorry that he's dead is dead because with Skyrim, sh-t happens very easily.

Aravi's been very busy. She completed the Companions questline and saved a tree in Whiterun, though the expense of that quest was, in Aravi's opinion, too high for the stupid tree. She's also been working on the main quest lately.

And while on the road Aravi spotted a dog sitting on the side of the road. It darted into the woods nearby and Aravi followed. Hello Meeko.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Nov 25 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #53

Councilor
Group Icon

Just to add, I went through the list of Dragon Shouts...And between all the words that I've collected and the ones I get given from the quests...

You ready for this?...

In order to charge them all...

42 Dragons...

*Wails*...

And that's not all the shouts...*Shudders*...

Edit...Markath is the most beautiful city I've ever seen in a game...I'm glad it's my home...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Nov 25 2011, 07:03 PM
+Quote Post
treydog
post Nov 26 2011, 06:48 PM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

Trey got a bounty on a giant from Dragonsreach Palace. He needed the money to finish furnishing the house. Minor detail left out of the bounty- there were TWO giants. Climbed rocks and sniped. Bloodthirsty Lydia decided to dance around amongst their legs. I have a feeling she (and her snarky attitude about the dwarven armor Trey GIFTED her) may not last long.

Back in Whiterun he accidentally mentioned the Dark Brotherhood incident where a guard could hear. Guard got all excited- “Did you say ASTRID!? She is the leader of the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim! You need to go tell Commander Maro at Dragon Bridge right away!”

(Grumble grumble- all the way back to blinking Solitude).

Commander Maro- “Did you really? I have had my eye on Astrid for some time- just waiting for the time to strike.”

Yeah right- and I have some land on Masser to sell you.

Maro- “But now- YOU can finish them off while they are disorganized.”

Right- a group who makes their living doing assassinations is going to fall apart when their leader dies. They would NEVER have contingencies for that. Oh- and I am supposed to help out the Imperial Legion- the people who wanted to CUT OFF MY HEAD- all because I was just trying to get home to Skyrim. (Author’s note- this is a different Trey- a Nord rather than a Breton. However, the attitude is remarkably similar).

Instead, Trey heard about a shrine to Meridia nearby. Since he had dispatched quite a few draugr, perhaps the old girl would be pleased with him…. Yeah, right.

:Retrieve my beacon, mortal. My temple has been defiled. YOU will cleanse it.:

Um- can I just help out the Imperial Legion instead?

Little detail Meridia did not mention- such things being beneath the notice of Daedra Princes and all- the “beacon” was held by some bloody Forsworn- INCLUDING a “Briarheart.” Explanations to Lydia about why just rushing in and laying about with swords seemed futile- finally had to take her out of the cavern and say firmly-

“Sit. Stay. Good housecarl.”

Using Sam’s present was quite helpful, and Trey rather appreciated the humor, although he imagined that was a quality in which Meridia is lacking. That done, beacon restored- “Oh gosh, look at the time- got to go…”

Nope- lifted up into the sky high over the mountains and TOLD-

:You will be my Champion and cleanse my temple. I will reward you. Retrieve Dawnbreaker and kill the bad person in my temple. Guide my light into the darkness and I will open the way for you. :

GULP. “Um- okay, but could you… put me down now? Please?”

Mission accomplished- Dawnbreaker given. Trey wisely refrained from saying- “Nice sword, but I could make a better one at the forge.”

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 26 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Nov 26 2011, 12:48 PM) *

Oh- and I am supposed to help out the Imperial Legion- the people who wanted to CUT OFF MY HEAD- all because I was just trying to get home to Skyrim. (Author’s note- this is a different Trey- a Nord rather than a Breton. However, the attitude is remarkably similar).

This is one of the problems I have with Skyrim. In Oblivion you start out in prison too, but the Empire - in the form of its friggin Emperor hisself - goes out of its way to nice to you after that. No, she's no assassin, he says, she's on our side. Then he asks your starsign (got to be the oldest pickup line in the book), and gives you some jewelry. Sure, he's a lech, but at least he's nice, and he believes in you. It gives you a reason to not hold a grudge, and to actually have some good feelings toward the Empire in return.

Even in Morrowind, you start out in prison ship, but they at least let you go right at the start, give you some money, and don't mind that you've stolen everything in the fetching census office on the way out! Talk about some extremely polite people.

But in Skyrim, its the Red Queen: "Off with her head!" No matter that you are not on their silly list of people to execute. Let's just kill the refugee anyhow. After all, that's what the new Empire is all about right, murdering innocent people? How are you supposed to do the mental gymnastics of going from that to actually wanting to help these bloodthirsty maniacs who want to kill you?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 26 2011, 08:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Nov 26 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #56

Councilor
Group Icon

*Shrug*...All I wanted to do was help the Legion when it was coming out...The instant I saw them looking like Caesar's Legion in New Vegas, that was it - Stormcloaks a-go-go...Whether this was as they were always meant to look being a Legion and all...No way am I helping them...

Aaamywho...Wulff Olfsson, Bard (Available for weddings, children's parties and all your skull-crushing needs...) offered to find a nice old lady's son that had been held prisoner by the Imperials...Turns out the Thalmor had him in some fort...So Wulff went off and recruited his Khajiiht chum J'Zargo to help out...Having first forged him a full-set of Legendary Glass Armour-y stuff, y'know, armour-gauntlets-boots-shield-sword and an Ebony bow...Which he looks well-hard in biggrin.gif ...Off we went to said fort to smack some Thalmor!!...Finally!!!!...Freed said son and all was happy!!...Even wound up with one of them swanky robes the Thals wear...Ooooh Wulff looks sooo good in that!!...Even did meself one of them "Beauty" save pictures of Wulff stood facing the camera with Be-Glassed J'Zargo behind and Falkreath behind him...Ooooh it were reeet nice... biggrin.gif ...

So now Wulff 'nd J'Zargo are off to sort out the college of Winterhold...
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 26 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #57

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 26 2011, 08:17 AM) *

But in Skyrim, its the Red Queen: "Off with her head!" No matter that you are not on their silly list of people to execute. Let's just kill the refugee anyhow. After all, that's what the new Empire is all about right, murdering innocent people? How are you supposed to do the mental gymnastics of going from that to actually wanting to help these bloodthirsty maniacs who want to kill you?

Agreed. The post-tutorial dialog 'recruitment' for the Stormcloak is how we've seen the true face of the Empire. While the Imperial's is how 'those dangerous rebels have a dragon now!'. At least he acknowledges that you might not be eager to join the group that was so eager to give you a close haircut.

--------------------
The Tides of Oblivion
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 26 2011, 09:28 PM
Post #58

Councilor
Group Icon

Rowan and Vorstag have pissed off quite a few people in Markarth, but the big fun was in the non-quest adventures after they returned to Whiterun Hold.

First, a frost dragon swooped down and attacked some bandits in the cliffs above the road where they were. That led to an up-and-down cliffside scramble dragon fight. Eventually Rowan drew it across the river to enlist the aid of the Whiterun Guard archers in bringing it to the ground. In the back-slapping aftermath she noticed something. No Vorstag. Another frantic scramble up the cliff checking bodies as she went, and there was Vorstag standing by the entrance of a bandit hideout. Yessss!!

These bandits have been a hassle since level 1, Rowan has to kill a couple of them every time she goes down that road. It was not only satisfying to take them out without anyone even asking her, but it was also a really neat hideout with some unexpected things that I will not spoil here. Also they found gauntlets to finish off Vorstag’s steel plate killing outfit.

Then they found a genuine treasure map, also non-quest and a complete surprise. Vorstag has been commenting lately that he would like to find a chest full of gold. Well, they followed the map and found one. Happy day.

Edit: Argh! Spelling.

This post has been edited by Grits: Nov 26 2011, 11:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 26 2011, 09:46 PM
Post #59

Finder
Group Icon

Treasure maps were an awesome addition. I've found four across my games so far. Up to Treasure Map X.

--------------------
The Tides of Oblivion
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Nov 27 2011, 12:10 AM
Post #60

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 26 2011, 10:17 AM) *

This is one of the problems I have with Skyrim. In Oblivion you start out in prison too, but the Empire - in the form of its friggin Emperor hisself - goes out of its way to nice to you after that. No, she's no assassin, he says, she's on our side. Then he asks your starsign (got to be the oldest pickup line in the book), and gives you some jewelry. Sure, he's a lech, but at least he's nice, and he believes in you. It gives you a reason to not hold a grudge, and to actually have some good feelings toward the Empire in return.

Even in Morrowind, you start out in prison ship, but they at least let you go right at the start, give you some money, and don't mind that you've stolen everything in the fetching census office on the way out! Talk about some extremely polite people.

That's why I followed Ralof wub.gif ...no other reason, just that. Anger at those Imperials...

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post

98 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:27 PM