Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> It must be install time again...
PhonAntiPhon
post Jul 20 2014, 11:34 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

...I've got spare files all over the desktop and I'm trying to compare ini files...

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
SubRosa
post Jul 20 2014, 05:44 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

I have had to reinstall the game 4 or 5 times over the years. Once like Renee because of mod problems, and the other times just because I was upgrading to new hard drives or brand new computers. But I still have the very first character I ever created.

You can make a copy all of your save files. They are in a Saves folder in the same place as your .ini files. The exact location varies on what version of Windows you have. In Win 7 it is c:\Users\<user name>\My Games\Oblivion. You can find your mod load order in c:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Oblivion. The latter is just a simple text file that lists every active mod you have by name.

One of the things I love about the Oblivion/Tes Mod Managers is that they have a Save Manager feature which allows you to look at any savegame, and it will show you which mods it uses, which of those are not active, and even which ones are not installed on your system. After a reinstall you can use that to see if you forgot to add back any mods. They even have a button that will automatically sync up your save and turn on all the mods it needs. It makes reinstalling the game a lot easier.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jul 20 2014, 08:55 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:42 PM