Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A New Elder Scrolls
LadySaira
post Jul 30 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #41

Retainer

Nah. Too much space, which means they'll have to have thousands of NPC's, which will probably come, once again, at the cost of an update to lore and realisticly done provinces. It'll be like Oblivion II, with extra space. kvright.gif

They should just keep choosing single provinces, and put a lot of work into the lore of the province, like how Morrowind was done.

--------------------
Archery is like the forest, for those who can be quiet.

Come and laugh
Go and cry
Just never think
to say goodbye.

~Me!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gothdayks3
post Aug 26 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #42

Unregistered

i agree blink.gif

This post has been edited by gothdayks3: Aug 26 2008, 12:41 PM
+Quote Post
1234king
post Sep 9 2008, 09:08 AM
Post #43

Knower
Group Icon

For those of you short on ES "geography", the provinces like Cyrodil and Morrowind are located in the continent Tamriel. The continent Tamriel is located on the planet Nirn (yes like nirnroot). So personally, I think that if they based the new game in a different continent on the planet Nirn, they could not only open up race selection but also put in a wild never seen before type landscape. And I think that would just be awesome.

What's with this Shadow Realm rumor or whatever, if someone could straighten that out for me that would be great.

P.S- If your tired of waiting for the next ES like I am, Fable 2 and Fallout 3 are just around the corner.

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Sep 12 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #44

Knower
Group Icon

What's up with all these Skyrim lovers? Why don't we just take Morrowind (not vvardenfell). By the way, do anyone see that we're only talking about were the game should take place. That's not the most important thing.

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Sep 13 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #45

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I just hope they give alot more care to the plot and the lore if they decide to make another game. Oblivion's story was less interesting than an old school Where's Waldo book.

I'd like to see a game based in Valenwood, if you don't know why go read A Dance in Fire...awesome books about an amazing (while admittedly fictional) place.

Crazed animals galore, wild Khajiit, moving city/trees, rushing rivers, cannibals, and giant spider/ticks = good.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Ceren Karnal
post Sep 15 2008, 05:09 AM
Post #46

Unregistered

I would love to see some sort of massive world for TES V, as long as they did go in-depth with the lore, plot, background, and everything else they screwed up in Oblivion. If they do just do another province, Valenwood would be cool, except for the giant spiders and other bugs.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Sep 15 2008, 08:54 AM
Post #47

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ceren Karnal @ Sep 15 2008, 04:09 AM) *
Valenwood would be cool, except for the giant spiders and other bugs.

Nah mate thats the best part. laugh.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
gothdayks3
post Oct 29 2008, 09:59 PM
Post #48

Unregistered

QUOTE(Kiln @ Sep 13 2008, 02:59 PM) *

Oblivion's story was less interesting than an old school Where's Waldo book.

thats a great comparason biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Nov 2 2008, 07:12 PM
Post #49

Mouth
Group Icon

For all of you ES Lovers (I suppose all of us) the news have arrived a new ES game is on the way. Apparently they've been working on it for almost two years now, and the release is at the moment said to be in 2010 (which means that we may have to expect theem to release it almsot a year later than they've said now, since quite frankly Oblivion was almost seven months delayed from the original release date, and I have no expectations of Bethesda holding true to the release date this time either sad.gif )

--------------------
+Quote Post
gothdayks3
post Nov 4 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #50

Unregistered

well at least their is going to be a new elder scrolls goodjob.gif
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Nov 5 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #51

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(gothdayks3 @ Nov 4 2008, 05:18 PM) *

well at least their is going to be a new elder scrolls goodjob.gif

yay mellow.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Nov 10 2008, 11:06 PM
Post #52

Knower
Group Icon

I'm a little worried about the prospect of a new ES game. I've seen very convincing arguments from old-school ES fans, which fit with my experience of Morrowind and Oblivion, that the state of "story" in the ES games is declining, i.e. the older the game, the better the story. Now, if you want to make a hack n' slash action RPG, lack of story is okay; after all, in an aRPG, you only need just enough story to link on kill to the next. But if you're going to call a game a true RPG, you need to have story. Without story, you may have G, but no RP. One of the things I really enjoyed about Morrowind was the depth of the setting, the significance of the lore, and the value that these provided to the gameplay. In Oblivion, I found some aspects of the combat more enjoyable, and there were some fairly creative quests (mostly DB and Thieves guild), but I didn't really feel that the story had anywhere near as much depth as Morrowind. I was also very disappointed in the incredibly limited things the NPCs had to say; I realize that a lot of the NPC dialog in Morrowind was repetitive, but at least people had things to say.

I suppose my biggest criticism of Oblivion is that Bethesda put too much focus "immersion", i.e. better graphics, better sound, object physics, spoken dialog, and not enough focus on story. I understand that these things are expected from a "modern" game, but the real joy of an RPG comes from story, not pretty pictures. The reviews I've read for Fallout 3 seem to be in the same direction, suggesting that Bethesda and I simply do not see eye to eye on what makes a good RPG.

I suppose the clearest sign of my feelings about Oblivion is that I have not purchased the expansion. I spent many hours in the game (hundreds, I'm sure), but by the time the expansion came out, I had lost interest.

I'm sure that if they make TES V, I will buy it, but I don't believe it will even live up to the standards set by Oblivion, which were already much lower than those of Morrowind.
+Quote Post
bbqplatypus
post Nov 21 2008, 09:23 PM
Post #53

Finder
Group Icon

I think it ought to be set in the Summurset Isles. We could get a lot of interesting wizardly affairs that way. Y'know, like with House Telvanni.

But yeah, I'm not too optimistic about the next game either. It's a shame - because I know there's the potential for TES V to be the best RPG ever made. I just don't think Bethesda has it in them anymore, though.
+Quote Post
Lythyum
post Dec 23 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #54

Retainer

Have to agree with many people here. Morrowind just kicked boat, and Oblivion kicked the bucket. Vvarendfell is rough, a really wild island, while Cyrodiil is like Center Parcs or something. The only thing that's missing is wooden cabins and screaming children.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Dec 30 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #55

Agent

I just came up with an idea that will rock the world (or maybe not, but it´s still great).
what if they made a elderscrolls strategy game, like u could choose one country and build stuff and attack stuff and that, controlling armies and that, form allaiences (sorry for the terrible spelling).

anyway, I read somewere about all things u could do in next TES, like riding a horse and throw spears at people (while u are riding the horse). Or if your good at heavy armor (or light armor) u know were all weak spot is and u do more damage to opponents with heavy armor (or light armor). and they are taking back enchant! happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Dec 30 2008, 07:17 PM
Post #56

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Badda-Tish @ Dec 30 2008, 06:43 PM) *

I just came up with an idea that will rock the world (or maybe not, but it´s still great).
what if they made a elderscrolls strategy game, like u could choose one country and build stuff and attack stuff and that, controlling armies and that, form allaiences (sorry for the terrible spelling).

anyway, I read somewere about all things u could do in next TES, like riding a horse and throw spears at people (while u are riding the horse). Or if your good at heavy armor (or light armor) u know were all weak spot is and u do more damage to opponents with heavy armor (or light armor). and they are taking back enchant! happy.gif

Uhhh, I think we have more than enough of these slash-and-bang war-games! What I like about MW is that you actually don't HAVE to go around killing and making war all the time...

I hope they will go for more RP and actual interaction between the different charachters

But that will probably be futile, to many ppl want to make war and fight with each others..!!! kvleft.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Dec 30 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #57

Agent

QUOTE(minque @ Dec 30 2008, 07:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Badda-Tish @ Dec 30 2008, 06:43 PM) *

Uhhh, I think we have more than enough of these slash-and-bang war-games! What I like about MW is that you actually don't HAVE to go around killing and making war all the time...

I hope they will go for more RP and actual interaction between the different charachters

But that will probably be futile, to many ppl want to make war and fight with each others..!!! kvleft.gif

I agree but i didn´t mean that, more lore, less fighting, but my point is that they are making the next one more realistic then the other ones, like u can be challenged if u are a guildleader in a guild, and if u lose u must do some more missions and then challenge the new guildleader, if u know what i mean

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Dec 30 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #58

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Yeah ok I understand, it's just that I do not like too much fighting and stuff, I'm more into serious roleplaying...

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 5 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #59

Master
Group Icon

Personally, I think Bethesda have earned redemption with Fallout 3 myself. They have enough of RPness to attract older fans, but enough hack and slash/shoot and blast to attract a larger audience too. Now with Oblivion and Fallout bringing them into the mainstream, I think they can get back to the more roleplaying side of things and still get good enough sales for the the new game to be worth the effort.

As for the storyline, if anything, it would be extra juicy. Why? The Emperor has been assassinated-things in the Empire will rapidly fall apart. In Oblivion, one of the things I didn't like was the whole cut and driedness of it all-either you were good (fighting the daedra) or bad (ignoring the daedra and doing the Dark Brotherhood/thieves guild quests). However, this game's setting, like that of Fallout, could offer more moral ambiguity-are you there to make a difference, serve yourself without a care for others or simply survive the perils of the world?

And hopefully starting out will be easier than it is in Fallout 3-that's hard.
+Quote Post
bbqplatypus
post Jan 5 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #60

Finder
Group Icon

I certainly hope they move in a slightly more RP-ish direction now that they've introduced a new audience. I never played Fallout 3 (my computer doesn't have the specs for it), but I've heard some good things about it (and some bad).

Personally, I think it's more than possible for a game to be awesome even when you're not shooting and hacking and slashing your way through everything. It's more interesting that way. I remember in the original Fallout where you could actually TALK the main bad guy into giving up, thus avoiding a final boss fight (although you still have to if you aren't charismatic enough). And the way that it happens is actually PLAUSIBLE. I had never seen anything like that before.

Basically, I'd like more options. For instance, the ability to lie to people or change my mind would be nice.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:34 AM