Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A note concerning the GameStar Video Interview Summary...
Ambberfox
post Mar 10 2005, 04:12 PM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

hi, just read through the summary by Morganthefay. I think she did a great job, I bought the newest Gamestar issue (including the DVD with the video) and her summary sounds pretty much the way the video looks like smile.gif
however there's one thing I'd like to add concerning this part of her summary:

Matt Carofano (lead Artist): - on Imperial City scenes in the CS:
"There appears to be a sort of "click and drag" movement with this tool. Looks like it might be more fun and easier to use than the current easy to move the camera around! All the movement is done within the yellow circle, combined with probably a zoom in/out hot key. Very nice!)"

"Now I am not sure if we are also going to get this feature in the packaged CS, but he was able to drag over the render window of the 3D city, a drawn map of the area he was making!"

Unfortunately the "tool" Matt is using there will certainly not be part of the new CS - it's 3D Studio MAX (you can find out by looking at the toolbar) wink.gif I think it's not too surprising they decided to do certain parts of the world with 3D-programs instead of using CS, it gives the designer a lot more freedom to do what he has in mind. This thought however also includes the conclusion that there will be a feature in the CS which will allow people to import files from 3D-Programs --> good news for those hardcore-modders among us. :lickinglips2: But I might also be completely wrong, we won't be able to tell before TESIV is finished...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Mar 10 2005, 04:26 PM
Post #2

Senor Snore
Group Icon

I'm almost 100% sure we will be able to import 3DS models, just like in previous versions, and that Bethesda will publish whatever exporter plugin they use for 3DS Max. We probably have something about that in the Developer Quotes, but I'm too tired to check right now..long day of work tongue.gif

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
morganthefay
post Apr 20 2005, 02:10 PM
Post #3

Retainer

amberfox, just noticed this post. glad to see you bought the mag. the video is most definately worth it.
If you think that is 3DSmax by the toolbar, can you determine which version it is from the tools listed?
if you can, that would be very interesting to modelers. I do have a version 5.1, but not installed after.. getting it, and have had little time to play with it, so I am not a good jusge of that.
I am guessing that toolbar functions will vary in layout from one version to the next, even in a small way. but it might just be enough.
+Quote Post
Ambberfox
post Apr 28 2005, 07:58 PM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

sorry for replying so late... I'll have a look at the Video on the DVD later today, maybe it's possible to determine what version it could be - I assume it's the latest one
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Apr 29 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #5

Master Gimp
Group Icon

I'm absolutely positive that MattRyan stated that they use 5.1 morgie.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:01 AM