Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Morrowind to Oblivion Conversion
Intestinal Chaos
post Jun 16 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Now, I realise this has all been said before by many a hopeful fan, forum-newbie and veteran alike, and is looked at as nothing but foolish dreaming, but I think it's a good enough idea and just possible enough to be brought up officially in a thread.

Remaking Morrowind with Oblivion. Now, I realise it would be a massive effort, but most all of the material has already been supplied to you. It would be like Morrowind, but with Oblivion perks. There may be a few translation problems, but that can be overcome easily if you just think of an equivalent or a proper substitute.

The only concern I have is if this is will have copyright issues, as it most assuredly will. But if done tastefully and with the proper permissions I beleieve it won't have this problem.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jun 16 2006, 11:47 PM
Post #2

Forum Bard
Group Icon

There's already a team of people working on this right now, I can't think of the name of the site but I've seen it several times.

Edit: Actually I dug it up for you, here's the link.

This post has been edited by Kiln: Jun 16 2006, 11:55 PM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Jun 16 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

Ah, okay.

Well, that renders this obsolete.

Lock please :]
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jun 17 2006, 12:40 AM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

Now wait, before they lock this; I'd like to know without combing all through their site how they are going to overcome the ommissions from Morrowind that are lacking in Oblivion. Like levitation spells. Crossbows, spears, throwing stars, stuff like that.

There are alot of other glaring ommissions in Oblivion of stuff that was just a natural part of Morrowind. Are they going to script that stuff in? Could do that for spells maybe. But they are not going to be able to model things like crossbows until a 3D importer program is approved. And as far as creating the animations for throwing weapons, I'm not sure if they can add or script them in at all.

Comments? wacko.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jun 17 2006, 02:09 AM
Post #5

Forum Bard
Group Icon

There were alot of ideas about it but since Beth removed the ability to create new action animations, their options are pretty limited...read this thread on their forum for more info about thrown weapons and spears.

As for levitation, I'm not exactly sure about that one...here is a thread on levitation and telvanni tower issues...they still seem undecided on some things but I didn't read all of it. I'll leave that to you if you're that interested.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Jun 17 2006, 08:03 AM
Post #6

Senor Snore
Group Icon

QUOTE(Intestinal Chaos @ Jun 16 2006, 11:58 PM)
Lock please :]
Your wish is my command.

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:24 PM