3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trey in Mournhold, Chapter 6
minque
post Jul 1 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #41

Wise Woman
Group Icon

AAAAAARRRGGHHH.....pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease donīt let Trey die....uhh,,he canīt because the story continues later! phew!

Oh please donīt let us wait too long for an update!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aifïŋ―iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Aug 8 2006, 07:28 PM
Post #42

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Sorry for not commenting more Trey but I've been pretty busy lately. Anyways I see an update here and I come to read that Trey is wounded after attempting to assassinate the king? Amazing...I really can't wait to see how the next chapter continues.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
treydog
post Aug 13 2006, 02:47 AM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

No worries Kiln- you might want to look at the Chapter 7 thread to see how things turn out....

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Aug 13 2006, 03:48 AM
Post #44

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Oh man I didn't notice that you'd already posted part of chapter 7. I gotta check out what happens. ohmy.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Vanir Dres
post Aug 13 2006, 04:51 AM
Post #45

Retainer

Read your original story a few months before Oblivon came out, just joined the forum yesterday.

Great job with this addition! I look forward to reading more.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Sep 7 2013, 06:10 AM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

He is merely a young man who is not used to court ways and court manners. As well to berate a fish for being uncomfortable upon the land or a bird for disliking the burrow of a badger.

Oi!!...Queen or not...My burrow is lovely ta... biggrin.gif ...

Fair dues...Still loving this...

And something else I keep forgetting to mention...

I'm still stunned by how, now and again, the readers just drop off...And there seems to be, like, one reply...

Yeeees...I'm biased and obviously there's a reason I'm going through your story...But even without the chumradeship, this story is brilliant...Fantastically written...Trey's character is just so funny in his reaction to everything and everyone...And obviously a Capable Adventurer™...

And while this still happens now with the stories I enjoy...Jack Cloudy's two, Phon's Niamh and Saquira's stories spring instantly to mind...It still stuns me that stories this good can be overlooked...I just don't understand it...

I really must go look at the other stories that were here from around 2006, they must have been amazing for people to be ignoring this one... huh.gif ...

BTW...I absolutely loved the whole meeting with Barenziah...That was awesome...And then the whole thing with the ring and Almalexia was brilliantly done...

I love the idea of the Tribunal, I must read more about them...But from the first bit with the unnerving golden bint, I really need to start playing games on the PC... biggrin.gif ...

Loving it still...

Nice one!!...

*Applauds heartily*...

PS...You realise that the main reason for replying is so that the bit I'm on goes to the top of the page, don't you?... tongue.gif biggrin.gif ...

+Quote Post
treydog
post Sep 7 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #47

Master
Group Icon

I may have been still trying to read The Wheel of Time when I wrote that line... and thus had badgers on the brain. That sound... painful.

And- yes- there are some quite professional stories out there in the "older stuff."

I would ALSO strongly recommend searching out Rumpleteasza's "The King and I" on the Interwebz. You will be very happy you did so.

Realized I failed to answer an earlier question about a "Morrowindian" part of the story.

Beggar's Nose is the in-game name of a "minor power (spell)" available to those born under the sign of The Tower. The other power that comes with it is "Tower Key," which is a once-a-day unlock spell.

Beggar's Nose can be cast as long as one has the mana to power it and shows: enchantments (anything magical- weapons, potions, items), creatures (hostile or otherwise) but NOT "people," and keys- all within a... 60 foot?... radius.

So- for Trey- that was a no-brainer birth-sign.

This post has been edited by treydog: Sep 7 2013, 11:44 PM

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Sep 8 2013, 08:28 PM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Sep 7 2013, 03:42 PM) *
Beggar's Nose is the in-game name of a "minor power (spell)" available to those born under the sign of The Tower. The other power that comes with it is "Tower Key," which is a once-a-day unlock spell.

Beggar's Nose can be cast as long as one has the mana to power it and shows: enchantments (anything magical- weapons, potions, items), creatures (hostile or otherwise) but NOT "people," and keys- all within a... 60 foot?... radius.

So- for Trey- that was a no-brainer birth-sign.

200 foot radius. For a full minute.

In a Vanilla Morrowind Setting, the spell is one of the most powerful in terms of cost-to-power ratio, and the one that is most useful in a long-term sense, as no other spell; custom or otherwise, can meet it's economy or effectiveness in determining the extended environment to the PC.

Dungeons, especially crypts or tombs, the icons that appear on the character's mini-map are also present in Inventory Mode which pauses the game. This can allow the character to 'plan' out their next moves in relation to the detection.

I've retconned my own character birthsign several times, and included this once. It was when I recalled that Trey shared it that I changed it to: "The Serpent" as the similarities in our styles and characters were far too many to simply ignore this.

But, yeah. Beggar's Nose kicks butt! If you're playing a mage character however, in Vanilla Morrowind you'll need one of the Mage Signs. I'll usually go with Atronach as you get the most bang for your buck and Mana doesn't regenerate naturally in Vanilla, and you get a 50% Spell Absorbtion without the weakness to magicka from 'The Apprentice'.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:30 AM