Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

120 Pages V « < 58 59 60 61 62 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
macole
post Jan 26 2020, 06:51 AM
Post #1181

Mouth
Group Icon

20200125 Valenwood Islands What’s going on

I originally did not find the Coral Grotto with the engraved sapphire. Instead by the time I found the Grotto the sapphire was gone (either Boldur or Olurion has it).

So at this point of the quest after talking to everyone, weighing all their comments, trying to analyze their motives; I decided to side with Boldur when he said he had a non-violent solution. Being a non-violent person (9 out of 10 times it’s the Ladies that start it) this sounded good to me so I went with it.

Boldur led me into the cave and once inside he told me to go one way while he went the other direction. Of course my path was a maze of tunnels and by the time I got to the Wrecking-Stone room Boldur had already arrived, killed Olurion and destroyed the stone. As the Headmaster of the Archeology Guild I would have liked to have had a chance to study artifact, say lobby (old joke).

We run into Sammanul near the exit of the cave. Sammanul is glad that Olurion is dead and the Wrecking-Stone destroyed. He can’t wait to get back to mainland.

Stepping outside a girl approaches wanting to know where her sheep is (remember the sheep on the ship?). When I told her I killed the skooma addled sheep she called me a monster and left.

The Shrike approached me with a nice little speech declaring her surrender. Her defeat has shown her the errors of her ways and to atone for her behavior she assured me that two ardent cannibals; Archen and Uldib have been taken care of. She then presented me with the key to the catamaran so now I can come and go as I please. That fine little ship will sleep five comfortably.

This ending seemed to be lacking something. Surely more could be done? So what’s it going to be skooma smugglers, pirates, necromancers, or cannibals?

Trying to do an end-around I backed up to the point where I can steal the sapphire first and proceed from there. That is what past few posts have been.

Here comes the problem. No one has anything to new say other than Archen. Archen’s ‘Join the Tribe’ dialog topic is the only topic open and the requirement for that is to kill all six of the pirates and original Dragonseye survivors.

Well ok if I have to I have to. After taking the quest to eliminate the pirates I find other than the 2 Prosperous survivors and Boldur (who’s swimming in the sea just off the big island) the rest of the Dragonseye survivors are nowhere to be found.

Using player.moveto I found them way out in the ocean. See the tiny little bumps on the horizon that’s the Valenwood Islands. They’re so far out to sea that it takes nearly nine minutes to run/waterwalk back to the islands. I think they’re trying to swim to Southpoint in Valenwood. If so I should tell them they’re heading toward Akavir.

Looking at this with TES4edit shows lots of interesting options. Might take a little while to straighten this one out.

My initial feelings when I was marooned on the islands was that I don’t like new land mods where you’re stuck there until you go through the main quest line. I am not a linear type player. This one has proven different though. It’s become a challenge in its self just getting through the many paths to get to a satisfactory story ending. I hope it works out in the end.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 26 2020, 02:26 PM
Post #1182

Paladin
Group Icon

Good luck with the Valenwood mod. I tried it long ago for a time. It was beautiful but, ultimately I didn't get along with it or keep it. My biggest problem was that it did not play well (land melding near the borders) with the magnificent Deserts of Anequina mod.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 27 2020, 12:32 AM
Post #1183

Mouth
Group Icon

If conflict with Deserts of Anequina show up sad to say this little island beauty will have to go. I've been through the eastern portion of Deserts of Anequina seeing no problem there, I'll have to check some more.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 29 2020, 02:38 PM
Post #1184

Councilor
Group Icon

Second Seed 22, 3rd Era 435: Joan of Arkay arrived to Cheydinhal, then rented a room in its posher inn. But surprise. Herminia Cinna was found ... dead ... right on the bed Joanie had rented. This caused a mad search of Herminia's person. Joan, as a righteous sort, went ahead and looted Herminia's body and grabbed the poor lady's house key. Because Joan needs to know what happened, maybe the killer might be found, and chances are the guards won't do a damn thing to investigate. Joan also queried everyone in Cheydinhal Bridge Inn, then broadened her questioning to the town of Cheydinhal itself. As expected, nobody had any useful information.

After a few moments of reading on UESP (Joan asking questions in my imagination) it was learned that Herminia lives in the Imperial City. So odd. We can see how the lady's demise might have occurred somewhere out on the road, but how could this have happened in a posh, insulated inn?

Better news evolved though, as Joan also managed to find Fanacas, and plundered her fourth Ayleid statue from its ruins. Good thing she has the Water Breathing spell... she had to use it for one particular area.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jan 29 2020, 07:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 29 2020, 03:21 PM
Post #1185

Paladin
Group Icon

How curious about poor Herminia. 'Grats to Joan on her fourth statue though.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 29 2020, 07:48 PM
Post #1186

Mouth
Group Icon

Hmmm, curiouser and curiouser. Been a long time since I did this one. Anxious to see what happens next.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jan 31 2020, 09:52 PM
Post #1187

Master
Group Icon

Herminia travels to Cheydinhal occasionally and stays at the inn.

It'd make "sense" if her corpse would be found on the road, because she's a traveling NPC, so some beast killed her, but inside an inn...?

This post has been edited by Lopov: Jan 31 2020, 09:53 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 1 2020, 05:57 AM
Post #1188

Mouth
Group Icon

20200130 Valenwood Islands, finding a reset button of sorts
Curiosity brought us back to the abandoned house next door to Uldib’s house. There we are drawn to a strange hourglass sitting on a chest of drawers. After reading the pages of scribblings found next to the hourglass I hesitate.

What could go wrong? Just about everything is my answer.

“There’s always a way out,” says Kaleah sensing my troubled mind.

Throwing caution to the wind I give the hourglass a shake. Like Alice I’m falling down the rabbit hole. Faster and faster the room swirls around me. When it stops I find myself standing on the mid-deck aboard the Dragonseye. The door opens and in walks Sammanul to announce we have arrived at Southpoint.

I’m reminded of another voice from a long time ago, “Wake up. We’re here, why are you shaking? Stand up, there you go. You were dreaming. We’ve arrived.”

“I must be dreaming,” I said shaking my head.

Abruptly Sammanul’s voice changes as he aggressively accuses me of invading his world. He attacks and we fight until he is knocked unconscious. Leaving Sammanul lying on the floor I explore the ship looking for a way out. The exits are all locked. Opening the door to the captain’s storeroom I’m half expecting to find a sheep instead there stands Emperor Uriel Septim.

Now I know for sure we’re dreaming. The Emperor has been dead for nearly two years.

Handing me the Hallucination Dagger the image of the emperor instructs me to stab him to end the dream.

I do and find myself back in the abandoned house. A bit woozy my Ladies gather around to steady me as Demis Sentu, an Imperial man approaches. Demis tells me his story of how he created this dream world to escape the islands after Archen put up the barrier preventing anyone from actually leaving the islands.

We talk to Demis about Archen. Demis gives us his notes to help deal with situations should they arise. As he hands us his notes Demis invites us to look him in Silvenar if we’re ever in the area after the barrier is taken down and we can all leave this place.

We’ll be sure to do that do. We take the notebook and leave the no longer abandoned house.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 1 2020, 04:26 PM
Post #1189

Paladin
Group Icon

Sounds like that hourglass was full of moon sugar instead of sand! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 1 2020, 06:18 PM
Post #1190

Mouth
Group Icon

Moonsugar, hadn't thought of that. A little sprinkle goes a long way.

Let's you fly the astral plane
Take trips around the bay
Brings you back the same day
Hopefully, hopefully.

The Sands of Time, perhaps? Good thing he didn't shake it too hard we might have ended up back in the Privateer's Hold or even worse the near impossible beginning Arena dungeon.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 2 2020, 02:51 AM
Post #1191

Councilor
Group Icon

13th Floor Elevators. 1966.

Man, that's deep. He fell into a dreamworld to face the truth. Well at least he's getting off that island. I hope.

--------------

Second Seed Year 435 -- Joan of Arkay returns to the Imperial City, and grants Umbacano with the fourth Ayleid statue, earning her lots of Septims. Next she needs to scour the city, looking for a house with Hermania's name on it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 2 2020, 10:28 AM
Post #1192

Spam Meister
Group Icon

That's one more statue than Lothran had time to give Umbaccano!

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 2 2020, 10:18 PM
Post #1193

Mouth
Group Icon

Way to go Joan of Arkay! My current character has only found 3. He had better stop day dreaming on the tropical islands an get a move on!

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 3 2020, 05:53 AM
Post #1194

Mouth
Group Icon

20200202 Valenwood Islands, the wild path

Leaving the house of Demis Sentur we walk to the village center where we see Archen sitting in his usual spot. Well might as well go see what he has to say. Archen is all smiles today and is willing to talk about joining the tribe.

Sure we’d like to join the tribe.

“Sweet,” says Archen leering at My Ladies. “To be accepted you must kill all your companions.”

Zing, swords sang as four blades flashed in the sunlight.

With the point of my blade under Archen’s chin I suggested to Archen, “My Ladies don’t care for the initiation fee. I strongly suggest you should rethink your request.”

I’ll say one thing for the Archen his demeanor didn’t change one bit. Calmly Archen said, “As delightful a delicacies as these three may be, they are not whom I was talking about. “

“I was referring to the pirates, murderers, and especially the necromancer that arrived on the Dragonseye and the Prosperity. Kill all of them. What do you think?”

“He mistakes you for a Bosmer, my Jandaga. Consider wisely,” whispered Maeva the Cute Elf.

What do I think?

Everyone we talked to had concerns about the pirates. They’ve been described as murderers, thieves, necromancers, addicts, skooma smugglers and even by their own word prirates. Their actions motivated by evil intent. The worst things we heard about the Archen is that he is rather smug and heavy handed in his dealings with the South Sea Company. We’ve also heard that Archen and the rest of the Bosmer tribe on the islands follow the Green Pact.
Well the pirate Volus did argue that they eat people. Isn't that to be expected from followers of the Green Pact? I'm sure most Bosmers don’t relish the ritualistic eating experiencing or at least the Bosmers we’ve met don’t.
So is this just pirate bias talking? Not ever having been deep into the forest of Valenwood it’s hard to say anything for certain about the supposed ritual meal. I assume it to be a rare occurrence.

That’s what I think.

Accepting Archen’s offer we went looking for pirates.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 3 2020, 12:32 PM
Post #1195

Paladin
Group Icon

Well, Pirate Hunting is definitely better than Lady Killing. And probably much easier. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 5 2020, 06:47 PM
Post #1196

Councilor
Group Icon

See, that's interesting. Archen wanted Jandaga to destroy his party? nono.gif I don't think so. nono.gif

Yes, go and find those blasted pirates.

Hey, look at your last date macole... 20200202. Wow, it's like a paladrome. Palindrome.

--------------------------

Joan of Arkay arrived to the Imperial City, rented a room at Tiber Septim Hotel, and wasted no time looking for Hermania Cinna's house. She found it at a far edge of the Elven Gardens. But once inside, Joanie found nothing much in the discovery of why Cinna was found ... dead ... in Cheydinhal Bridge Inn.

Joan strode carefully through Cinna's home, leaving every object undisturbed. She also looked through every unlocked chest, dresser, and barrel, looking for any sort of clue. A note. An article of clothing which seemed out-of-place. Or any oddly-hidden objects. Maybe Hermania was a secret user of skooma, for instance. Maybe she had been secretly praying to Molag Bol.

There was just nothing though. So within a couple days Joan was headed back to Battlehorn Castle, riding on her armored horse. :wink: She left Hermania's key on a table formerly used by the poor woman.

---

Note: In non-roleplay terms, I was rather disappointed. No free beds! Can't even wait in her home. Not that Joan would squat there anyway, but still. I always like discovering free houses. smile.gif This is one of those things I'll change once her game's on PC! I will make it so that Hermania's home can be rented or sold.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 5 2020, 09:27 PM
Post #1197

Paladin
Group Icon

One of life in Tamriel's many mysteries. I actually like that Joan will probably never really know what happened to Herminia. Though I hear secretly praying to Molag Bal can be dangerous. . . . tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 5 2020, 10:02 PM
Post #1198

Mouth
Group Icon

Kaleah laughed that wicked laugh she cries when her prey is cornered.
"Ah hahahahahahaha! Tried to sneak one by, didn't you! Palindrome, indeed. Told you it was too easy."

Truly unintentional but I'll never convince her.

Ten years of playing this game and I have no idea what Hermania is about. Looking forward to the rest.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 6 2020, 09:01 AM
Post #1199

Mouth
Group Icon

20200206 Valenwood Islands, The Wild Side cont
My ladies are not negotiable.

Hunting down the pirates was a fairly easy task. Most were found on the small island where they should be this time around. Olurion, Sammanul and Cralius Marcus were roaming around campsite while the two brothers Maius and Volus Mesperides were still holed up inside the flooded cave.

Boldur and Vuldon gro-Murlok were not on the small island. A search of the waters around the island we find Boldur swimming in the coral reef searching for wood and sunken treasure. Vuldon gro-Murlok was the most difficult one to find. Eventually we found him way out to sea trying to swim to the mainland.

Reporting back that the pirates have been taken care of, Archen accepts us into the tribe. Our reward is a house and keys to the catamaran. We can now leave the island if we wish.

It’s late, let’s go checkout the house first. There’s only one small bed. Guess who sleeps on the floor.

Next morning we stopped by to tell Archen good-bye before leaving for the mainland. Archen asks us if we wouldn’t mind doing something first. Move the Wrecking-Stone to a safe place.

The Archen wants us to take the Wrecking-Stone to the Scamp Guardian. We are to inform the scamp to move the Wrecking-Stone to a place of safety.

The Scamp Guardian tells me to go to the chamber behind him, find the Shrike's portal, enter it, and place the Wrecking-Stone on the Ayleid altar.

Have to say I expected more from the Shrike’s portal than a single tiny room. Has that old gal got no imagination?

After placing the Wrecking-Stone on the altar we explored the Ayleid ruin as any archeologist would do. Our curiosity peaked when we notice an Ayleid reliquary. Acting on our first impulse, large reliquary equals much treasure, we broke the reliquary open. All we find is a note addressed to Gildii.

Dear Gildii,
If you are reading this, please let me ensure you that this is for your own good. I can't let your greediness compromise the integrity and culture of the Boiche on the Abecean Isles. I've worked very hard to keep our culture intact. And so what if we have to keep wrecking ships? It's in your best interest to keep this under wraps. Oh, and just in case you betray me, upon reading this note, this ruin will be sealed forever. Now, say with me. Fortunado. Fortunado. Fortunado. Now, isn't that better?
Archen

It’s a trap! That’s when I notice a flier on the floor in front of the reliquary. Written in big bold letters it read;

‘WARNING DO NOT OPEN THE AYLEID CHEST’.

“Yep, did it again,” mumbled Kaleah.

(A pop-up message says, “You’ve become trapped in the ruin, until two centuries later when a woman called Lucy Mesperides finds your body in the chamber.” A forced reload of a previous save is required.)

A Possible Ending and Beginning

Pym begins drawing a series of glyphs on the dusty floor. I fall into a death like sleep.

Two hundred years later.

“Oh, you’re alive!” exclaimed the young woman. “I thought you were a, a, well I don’t know what I thought. A statue maybe?”

Still in a haze, “Who are you? “

“Lucy Mesperides, Archeology Guild associate sent to investigate new leads into the disappearance of guild’s greatest headmaster.”

“Lucy Mesperides, descendent of Volus Mesperides I presume? Where are my Ladies?”

“Yes, how would you know?” questioned a very confused Lucy Mesperides. “Ladies, what ladies? There’s nothing, er, no one here but you. I did find this but I don’t know what it means.”

The note read, “When Tamriel next calls look for us we will be there.”

I realize what had happened. Pym’s spell was meant only for me as they each had their own ways of escaping the trap. They had left knowing the curse place upon me “From your hands shall be done the deeds of Tamriel”. Leaving me to the hands of fate they await my return. A cold shiver went through my body.

“Pretty lady. You have found him.” With a bow I handed her a rose and said, “But I must leave you. The frozen north of Skyrim calls.”

That could be/should be/would be my intro to TESV if there weren’t more to do.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 8 2020, 05:14 PM
Post #1200

Councilor
Group Icon

You have actual coral reef in your gameworld? blink.gif

Ha! You get a free house, but you are also free to leave!

That house looks incredible. Too bad it's not fit for the party. Guess they can just sleep on that beach full of skeletons. indifferent.gif

Uh oh. It's the old "read the note and now you're trapped" trick. dry.gif Well I have the next Joanie update ready, but it'll have to wait until next time. Seeya!

--------------------
+Quote Post

120 Pages V « < 58 59 60 61 62 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:32 AM