Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

120 Pages V « < 59 60 61 62 63 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
Acadian
post Feb 8 2020, 07:05 PM
Post #1201

Paladin
Group Icon

Cool! That getting trapped for 200 years opens all kinds of possibilities. I'm intrigued how players approach such things as, long ago Buffy mastered time travel as she learned to move from TES 4 to TES 5 to ESO.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 9 2020, 07:07 AM
Post #1202

Mouth
Group Icon

Renee: Scuba diving in the coral reef of Valenwood Islands. The reef runs off the southern shore of the three islands. A lot of sunken treasure mostly gold trinkets can be found while diving there. Wish I could get a picture of the map but the way Oblivion Reloaded is setup it won’t do it.

Yes I can leave at this point when Archen gives me the key to the boat.

Yep, the bed in the house is a little undersized. Makes it a bit cozy for four. The catamaran Flounders Flourish on the other hand sleeps five and sits four for dinner.

Acadian: Did you run into this trap when you had Valenwood Islands installed?

My thinking is that when this mod was written it was assumed that the character’s dead body would be found by Lucy. Highly likely for non-mer races lacking high magic skills. My character on the other hand, has all kinds of magic tricks up his sleeve. He could have easily gotten himself out of this mess but now and then he likes let the Ladies think they are important. So he let Pym cast her Sleeping Beauty spell.

Funny thing is the 200 year duration. This mod was produced a couple years before Skyrim and the duration fits almost exactly. This current Oblivion game is now 3-years old and many of the included mods e.g. The Lost Spires, Hentai Mania II, and several of the Unique Landscapes have elements that fit my character’s story so well it’s simply amazing.
So, as for this particular Valenwood Island trap, when I’m done with this Oblivion story my companions’ curious nature (blame it on the Cute Elves) will bring us back to open this reliquary and that is how he gets to Skyrim.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 9 2020, 01:05 PM
Post #1203

Paladin
Group Icon

Alas, the passage of time and short duration I had Valenwood mods installed combine to fade my memory. I can't remember the details of the quests.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 13 2020, 06:30 AM
Post #1204

Mouth
Group Icon

20200212 Valenwood Islands, AvoidingTraps & PowerPlay
After placing the Wrecking-Stone on the altar we explored the Ayleid ruin as any archeologist would do, searching for anything that might lead us to a further understanding of my ancestry. Disappointedly the only thing we find is an Ayleid reliquary. My first impulse is to reach out to open it.

"Stop!” Kaleah screams as Pym points to a flier on the floor. In big bold letters it reads;

‘WARNING, DO NOT OPEN THE AYLEID CHEST’.

Oh, oh! I should’ve seen that. Thanks for the warning but why build a trap and then place a warning right in front of it? Kind of defeats the purpose. I guess it would catch the over anxious greedy adventurer who doesn’t look for signs first. But who would be that reckless?

Reporting back to Archen that the stone has been safely stored away, we announced our intention to take the Flounders Flourish and leave the islands. Archen had a request, please speak to Gildii before we go.

Sure we can do that.

Our visit with Gildii was interesting. Seems a long simmering power struggle has come out into the open. Gildii claims that Archen is unsuitable to lead the villages. She presents some good arguments and asks for our help.
Thinking of how eager Archen, the Shrike, and Uldib were to call for a feast with the dead pirates as the main entrée, we were getting rather queasy about the Boiche zealots too.

Kaleah interrupted my thoughts, “I know what you’re thinking, my little Feayche. Just remember I told you not to trust in these Boiche zealots.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Kaleah always adds that ‘my little’ when she want to get a jab in. Turning to Gildii I said, “Just tell me what to do.”

Gildii gives us a mysterious enchanted crystal ball to take to the Scamp Guardian. The crystal ball doesn’t look like much to me but I guess the scamp will know how to use it to banish Archen, the Shrike, and Uldib to Shrike’s Paradise.

He did and after the deed was done the Scamp Guardian handed me Shrike’s necklace. Not sure why but the scamp thought important to take it from the Shrike. Taking it with us, we informed Gildii that the three Boiche were now imprisoned.

Feeling a bit paranoid that the three might escape, Gildii now wants the Scamp Guardian to seal the portal forever. Returning to the Scamp Guardian, he destroyed the Shrike’s necklace thereby sealing the portal forever.

The portal that once was there is no more.

Say one thing about Shrike’s paradise, unless there’s more to it than what I saw those three are going to be very close for a long time. Dinner time might get a bit messy.

Gildii was happy upon hearing the news that the portal had been sealed. To celebrate she invited us to stay for dinner. I did but I insisted on grilling beef steaks from our stores. Not that I didn’t trust the meat in her larder mind you.

The next morning we left the Valenwood Islands. Gildii wished she could join us on adventure but word had gotten around about the change in leadership and she had been elected the new leader of the isles. Wishing her well in her new role my Ladies and I set sail for the mainland.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 14 2020, 12:17 AM
Post #1205

Paladin
Group Icon

Whew, the whole crew escaped without being trapped (again) or being eaten. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 14 2020, 04:35 PM
Post #1206

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 13 2020, 06:17 PM) *

Whew, the whole crew escaped without being trapped (again) or being eaten. tongue.gif

Yeah, and good thing they have that sail boat.

Are you able to move that boat around manually, macole? Or is it just a teleport mechanic? Either way, wow. Somebody put a lot of work into that.

Sorry I haven't been gaming lately, I've been having some real-life things going on, plus the old Beth forums are closing on Monday (for good) so I've been copy-pasting all sorts of momentos, mostly private messages I want to keep & treasure in the future. Hopefully this weekend I'll get around to Joanie again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 15 2020, 07:22 AM
Post #1207

Mouth
Group Icon

Some Answers and Thoughts on Valenwood Islands;

• Overall, I really enjoyed the Valenwood Islands even though some parts of it felt unfinished or lacking a little polish. The one ending where I got trapped for 200-years brought up all kinds of RP possibilities. Love that kind of stuff.
• The islands are beautiful. The offshore coral reef is littered with sunken ships, treasure chests, and grottos providing ample reason to explore the sea floor.
• Southern half of the big island has couple of inactive cave entrances. Probably left unfinished when original project was abandoned. Ideal for your own cave mod, hmmm?
• Looking for choices with consequences? Valenwood Islands has them by the bucketful. Feels like every choice even to down dealing with a sheep or opening a reliquary has a consequence.
• Would‘ve liked to have explored the Shrike’s Paradise. The Shrike’s necklace wouldn’t work for me so if there was one to explore I missed it this time around.
• There is an option to report Gildii’s rebellion to Archen. Just to see what happened I did it onetime. The result was Archen becomes ruler of all three isles, Gildii is banished, and later as we leave the isles an aftermath message is received stating that Archen’s rule ends when the village revolts.
• The ships only operate by teleportation mechanic. No, we didn’t actually get to sail the sea. That would have been too cool. Where’s Abot (still modding Morrwind, (thanks and praises)) when you need him?
• There is only one port of destination for Flounders Flourish (geez what a name). Wouldn’t it be nice to have the option to dock in one of the coastal harbors e.g. Anvil, Leyawiin, Falinesti, Southpoint, or Torval?
• Found a Tin Key, didn’t find what it opens. Found a chest requiring a Pewter Key, didn’t find the Pewter Key.
• There still is the Pirate’s path yet to play. Depending on choices it looks like there is at least three ways for it to end and a chance to see two more dream worlds. I think I’ll save that for another time.

This post has been edited by macole: Feb 15 2020, 07:26 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 15 2020, 12:57 PM
Post #1208

Paladin
Group Icon

Glad that, on balance, you enjoyed that mod.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 15 2020, 05:31 PM
Post #1209

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 15 2020, 05:57 AM) *

Glad that, on balance, you enjoyed that mod.

It was a fun one. Trying to decide which side to support really did add to the mood of the story.

I'm hoping that the Elsweyr sand issues you mentioned are not too severe. I haven't seen any yet.

Have you ever been to Adense Epic Dungeon? Tax time is coming and playtime is limited so I thought I might post that adventure here if interested.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 15 2020, 06:48 PM
Post #1210

Paladin
Group Icon

Not familiar with that mod.

I'm what Renee would call 'monogamous' - I only play one game at a time. Oblivion was 2007-2014, Skyrim was 2014-2016, ESO 2016-present. Same one and only character though (thank Mara for time travel). tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 15 2020, 08:50 PM
Post #1211

Mouth
Group Icon

Monogamous gamer, your not alone there. I used to date um play Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion at the same time on alternating days. Been a long time since I did that though. As for my character his story began in Daggerfall and has grown with each new game. Time travel is a nifty way to do continuation. I went for a more some would call lore breaking character of the long lived Fay race.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 18 2020, 06:57 AM
Post #1212

Mouth
Group Icon

20200217 Valenwood, Falinesti
The catamaran Flounders Flourish is a nice comfy little ship. It sleeps five comfortably and sits four for dinner.

Well, who’s going to pull the lever?

With a pull of the lever we set sail, sort of. It was just pull the lever and poof step outside to find we were back where we started from. Off the coast of Valenwood we could see Anvil across the bay and when the light is just right the top of Stirk can be seen on the horizen.

Reaching the mainland we received a message that the South Seas Company had gone into liquidation due to the events in the Valenwood Isles. Strange, my Ladies and I don’t remember seeing a Black Horse Courier reporter anywhere on the isles. How do they know these things?

I was getting ready to cast a teleportation spell to take us back to Merendin when Kaleah exclaims, “Look over there! There’s a town or city. We’ve never been there before.”

“But we got business to attend to back at Merendin.”

“We’re not just pack mules, you know!” Maeva not so gently reminds me. “My feet are sore and back is killing me. Let’s get rid of the loot we’re hauling. A little food and drink at an inn would be nice too.”

Facing a minor rebellion, I relent and lead the way to the town ahead.

By the time we reached Port Falinesti the weather had changed. Port Falinesti turns out to such dreary place I don’t know if better weather would help at all. The outdoor market was empty of vendors and customers, only guards on patrol. There’s an inn, the Tree Sap Inn but it looks abandoned. We did find a used merchandise shop, Namino’s Secondhand Goods. Only issue is that Namino has nothing to sell and financially unable to buy anything. He has no money.

Searching the empty houses we find one where a dwemer sword has been driven through the center of a table top. Wonder what that’s about?

Leaving Port Falinesti we take the road up the hill to the city of Falinesti. By the time we reach the Western Gates of Falinesti the sun had come out. The light of Magnus bathed everything in a warm promising glow.

Falinesti is a very nice looking city but where is everyone? Except for the guard patrols there are very few Bosmer walking about. The market place is a,,, well not quite a ghost town. It's just a slow day. We did find an insulting Redguard gal willing to buy our stuff at a lowball price.

The armorer we found wasn’t any nicer to deal with. Even though she bought everything we offered, Sunni Doettner kept yelling at us, “Get Out!”

This post has been edited by macole: Feb 20 2020, 05:37 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 18 2020, 11:49 PM
Post #1213

Councilor
Group Icon

Morndas 4:38 pm, Second Seed 27, Third Era Year 435:

Days Passed: 276

Joan of Arkay heads to Bravil, the next destination on her itinerary. Wenyandawik, an Ayelid ruin which is supposed to contain the fifth statue, lies in a northwest-westerly direction. In general, Joan is keen to explore this portion of Cyrodiil, anyways. She's heard vampires can be found somewhere in the region! Rawr!!

A gallant knight in shining armor. She walks in steel armor, and not very happily. Nobody had an iron cuirass for sale in the Imperial City as she shopped, unfortunately. Steel might be alright up in the colder regions near Bruma, perhaps. But here in the south, Second Seed grows warmer and warmer.

She adopts a new look once she arrives the town of Bravil. I am not sure why she's chosen such a look, but I do like it

Those pics are fun to look at, macole. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 19 2020, 01:12 AM
Post #1214

Ancient
Group Icon

Love that first pic in the twilight!

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 19 2020, 04:54 AM
Post #1215

Mouth
Group Icon

Joan's new look is very nice.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 19 2020, 01:06 PM
Post #1216

Paladin
Group Icon

macole – That catamaran in beautiful. I always loved that area along the gold coast south of Anvil where the Strid River empties into the Abecean Sea. Falinesti – looks like the modder moved on before flushing things out. tongue.gif

Renee – The steel armor does look good – and protective. Joan’s new look is more colorful and comfy though I should think.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 19 2020, 05:35 PM
Post #1217

Mouth
Group Icon

Acadian -- Valenwood Improved is or was a German community project with a lot of potential sometime around 2010. As it stand right now it is primarily a land modification, not all interiors are finished. Unfortunately VI is just one of many big mods with huge upside that languished and fell abandoned after Skyrim was released. Beautiful walk about so far.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 19 2020, 06:02 PM
Post #1218

Councilor
Group Icon

When I was running it, I had some extras I'd created, and I can't recall all the details.

Eldarie has Shezrie's Towns listed as an incompatibility, but I recall creating a compatibility patch and sending it to both authors. At the time I was making some of the content for Shezrie (along with a lot of other mod-makers), so it might have been incorporated on that side. That mod has been uploaded and deleted again multiple times on Nexus, and I don't know if it's available any more.

I had a map mod that expanded on a couple of others, for colored maps, and roads and trails that weren't on the base one. My in-game map showed Valenwood, Elsweyr Anequina, and the rebuilt Leyawiin of Open Cities Reborn. What I don't remember is if that was one map mod, or overlays in multiple ones. I suspect I used GIMP to amalgamate all the maps into one for efficient loading, but may have enhanced pieces if I look deeper.

I'm a pack rat, so all those pieces are still somewhere on my system, or at least on backup disks. But again, they might have been incorporated into my personal custom mod that had bits for everything else I ran. E.g. Wobbly Goblet/Lucky Mudcrab add-ons. tongue.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 19 2020, 06:11 PM
Post #1219

Ancient
Group Icon

That is a really cool looking ship.

Falinesti is indeed dark and dreary looking, especially all that smoke.

Namino is not a very good merchant. He has no goods, or money!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 19 2020, 10:12 PM
Post #1220

Councilor
Group Icon

Next time I get back on PC / Oblivion I am going to have a character head to Valenwood, so that'll be fun. I was wanting to do this with Renee Gade III but it looks like one of the mods she's got in her game (Elder Council) conflicts with Valenwood Improved. I'm so glad I read this before having her head in that direction!

I am wondering if all the PC gamers are having any enlightenment about Joanie's Xbox pictures. Because all these years, all you've seen from console games are blurry cellphone pics, right? laugh.gif It's something I actually am realizing myself.

--------------

Second Seed 22, Third Era 435

Joan spends some time taking in the sunlight in Bravil. Time for reflection, and time for some direction, from the Nine. She spends most of the day moseying around town, shopping for ingredients, getting gear repaired. Unfortunately, nobody sells an iron cuirass, and the Fighters Guild hasn't got a spare set lying around.

She suits up the next morning in her solitary Fighters Guild room, ready for Wenyandawik, which she hopes isn't too difficult to find.

--------------------
+Quote Post

120 Pages V « < 59 60 61 62 63 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:51 AM