Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Game of Thrones, *** Spoilers *** (and discussion)
Grits
post Apr 22 2019, 04:59 PM
Post #81

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, that moment had me and my daughter both sort of looking away and saying, "She's much older than we think, she's not 14 anymore, gaah!"

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 22 2019, 05:06 PM
Post #82

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 22 2019, 10:59 AM) *

Yeah, that moment had me and my daughter both sort of looking away and saying, "She's much older than we think, she's not 14 anymore, gaah!"

Lol, storywise she’s what, 16 maybe 17?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 22 2019, 05:13 PM
Post #83

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 22 2019, 11:49 AM) *

Saw a lot of Arya this week rolleyes.gif
Khajiit feels dirty.

She didn't appear to be very happy with the outcome, though (and I couldn't help thinking she should have chosen Podrick Payne (Brienne of Tarth's Squire) to be her first/only = at least she would have been smiling in the followup scene, lol).

(based on when Tyrion and Bronn sent Podrick to Littlefinger's brothel with a sack of gold as a reward = and when he returned he still had the full bag of gold because they all refused to charge him because they all said Podrick was the best any of them had ever been with, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 22 2019, 06:04 PM
Post #84

Councilor
Group Icon

I think she's 18 in the show but younger in the book, and I get the sense that Gendry is not much older (though the actor looks early 30s to me). Mr. Grits hasn't seen this episode yet. I suspect he is going to feel a bit dirty as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 22 2019, 06:16 PM
Post #85

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 22 2019, 11:13 AM) *

Khajiit feels dirty.

She didn't appear to be very happy with the outcome, though (and I couldn't help thinking she should have chosen Podrick Payne (Brienne of Tarth's Squire) to be her first/only = at least she would have been smiling in the followup scene, lol).

(based on when Tyrion and Bronn sent Podrick to Littlefinger's brothel with a sack of gold as a reward = and when he returned he still had the full bag of gold because they all refused to charge him because they all said Podrick was the best any of them had ever been with, lol).

Pod is indeed supposed to be very good with his sword, but this one doesn’t think Arya knew this about him. Not only that, but Khajiit doesn’t remember Arya and Pod having much interest in each other. Arya and Gendry on the other hand have had good chemistry in the past.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 23 2019, 12:49 AM
Post #86

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 22 2019, 01:16 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 22 2019, 11:13 AM) *

Khajiit feels dirty.

Pod is indeed supposed to be very good with his sword, but this one doesn’t think Arya knew this about him. Not only that, but Khajiit doesn’t remember Arya and Pod having much interest in each other. Arya and Gendry on the other hand have had good chemistry in the past.

I know. It was just a joke about that strange look on her face afterward. She didn't look well pleased. It wasn't meant to be literal.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 23 2019, 12:54 AM
Post #87

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 22 2019, 06:49 PM) *

I know. It was just a joke about that strange look on her face afterward. She didn't look well pleased. It wasn't meant to be literal.

Ah, gotcha. Tbh, Khajiit didn’t pick up on the “weird face” afterwards. This one will have to watch again.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 23 2019, 02:23 AM
Post #88

Ancient
Group Icon

So has anyone amongst the living acknowledged that the Army of the Dead have an undead dragon?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 23 2019, 02:37 AM
Post #89

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 22 2019, 09:23 PM) *

So has anyone amongst the living acknowledged that the Army of the Dead have an undead dragon?

Bran told Jon Snow in front of Dany as soon as they arrived at Winterfell in the first episode of this season. That is what prompted Darkness Eternal to say that it didn't seem like Dany reacted at all a page or so back in this thread. Since that was one of her "babies," it seems like she should have had a reaction to hearing it, but showed none at all.

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 23 2019, 02:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 23 2019, 02:45 AM
Post #90

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 22 2019, 08:37 PM) *

Bran told Jon Snow in front of Dany as soon as they arrived at Winterfell in the first episode of this season. That is what prompted Darkness Eternal to say that it didn't seem like Dany reacted at all a page or so back in this thread. Since that was one of her "babies," it seems like she should have had a reaction to hearing it, but showed none at all.

Geez, Khajiit is not paying close attention this season lol

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 23 2019, 03:05 AM
Post #91

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 22 2019, 09:45 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 22 2019, 08:37 PM) *

Geez, Khajiit is not paying close attention this season lol

laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 23 2019, 03:30 PM
Post #92

Councilor
Group Icon

I was completely wrong about Arya's staff. Looks like it's dragon glass on both ends, and she still has her big dagger. Does she still have Needle? Is it possible that Needle is concealed inside the staff? I'm fixated on this darn weapon!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 23 2019, 05:08 PM
Post #93

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 23 2019, 10:30 AM) *

I was completely wrong about Arya's staff. Looks like it's dragon glass on both ends, and she still has her big dagger. Does she still have Needle? Is it possible that Needle is concealed inside the staff? I'm fixated on this darn weapon!

She still has Needle. This is going to add a staff (like she trained with in the House of the Many Faced God) with the dagger-type tip made of Dragonglass on both ends; but it can be split in two and make for duel wielding = if I'm not mistaken.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 23 2019, 05:30 PM
Post #94

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 23 2019, 09:30 AM) *

It’s going to be like the double bladed lightsabers. “More slaughter per swing.”
Arya is going to be a whirlwind of destruction with that thing!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 23 2019, 05:31 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Apr 24 2019, 12:18 PM
Post #95

Master
Group Icon

I see the shadow of Maul is still strong...

But goddamn tho, that scene with Greyworm and Missandei. Dude's a soldier through and through; after that One Last Fiery Hubba-Hubba, he didn't even look back.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 24 2019, 01:29 PM
Post #96

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Apr 24 2019, 07:18 AM) *

I see the shadow of Maul is still strong...

But goddamn tho, that scene with Greyworm and Missandei. Dude's a soldier through and through; after that One Last Fiery Hubba-Hubba, he didn't even look back.

I like both of them together. Really surprised to hear him talk of leaving Dani because he has always been so loyal to her! But that said = if he is going to leave anyway; might be a good idea to do it quickly before the battle, or it may never happen.

By the way = is his weapon Valyrian Steel or does he have dragonglass on it? I think it is still just plain wood still. And if I was him, I'd be wondering why the best trained fighter there other than Arya Stark doesn't have a dragonglass weapon!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 23 2019, 12:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 23 2019, 09:30 AM) *

It’s going to be like the double bladed lightsabers. “More slaughter per swing.”
Arya is going to be a whirlwind of destruction with that thing!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/t...-Darth_Maul.png

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 24 2019, 02:01 PM
Post #97

Councilor
Group Icon

Just in case anyone hasn’t watched and is reading this thread…

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 24 2019, 02:43 PM
Post #98

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 24 2019, 09:01 AM) *

Just in case anyone hasn’t watched and is reading this thread…

Well, this part is just conjecture anyway; so not really spoilers. But I have to agree with you on all of this. Brienne could never have a future with Jaime; and so her story would only be completed if she dies as the Knight she always dreamed of being = defending those she is sworn to protect = she comes around full circle.

And Tormund will never have Brienne; so I think he will die fighting beside her = and most likely trying to save her in the attack that kills her.

(below does have spoiler in it)

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 24 2019, 02:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 24 2019, 03:53 PM
Post #99

Ancient
Group Icon

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 24 2019, 04:38 PM
Post #100

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 24 2019, 10:53 AM) *

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:17 PM