4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout: New Vegas appreciation thread
Diamandis
post Feb 9 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #1

Finder
Group Icon

A simple thread where people can post what they love about New Vegas!

Fond memories?

Current play through stories?

Funny anecdotes?

Put them here!!!

Have fun guys and remember: Feed a man for free. He'll be back asking for more. Feed a man a bullet. You won't hear from him again.

WARNING!

This thread may contain possible stories to my New Vegas Fanfic! Read at your own risk!

This post has been edited by Eva: Feb 9 2013, 10:01 PM

--------------------
Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a vrey srtnage mnid, wchih si good bceasue I od ot :D
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 9 2013, 10:05 PM
Post #2

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I don´t play New Vegas actually but I wanted to chip in regarding companions. There is one that seems to be very well made called Willow, I´m sure many already know about her. If I did play NV I would definitely have that mod! smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 9 2013, 10:07 PM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 9 2013, 09:05 PM) *

I don´t play New Vegas actually but I wanted to chip in regarding companions. There is one that seems to be very well made called Willow, I´m sure many already know about her. If I did play NV I would definitely have that mod! smile.gif

Yes I've heard about Willow. Unfortunately I play on console so the usual companions do me fine. Although I have two companions called Cass and Veronica. The game only allows one companion, but there's this awesome glitch you can abuse to get more than one.

Having an all girl party does wonders for my RP!

--------------------
Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a vrey srtnage mnid, wchih si good bceasue I od ot :D
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Feb 9 2013, 10:07 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

I remember my first experience with Fallout new Vegas:

I created my character, and was dying to get to new Vegas. I remember I started heading p the road there, and eventually bumped into a small settlement with a deathclaw problem. I remember in Fo3, deathclaws weren't that hard to kill, so when the guy warned me not to continue following the road, I completely ignored him. I ended up deathclaw meat. 10 times laugh.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠ï¸
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 9 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #5

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Of Beasts @ Feb 9 2013, 09:07 PM) *

I remember my first experience with Fallout new Vegas:

I created my character, and was dying to get to new Vegas. I remember I started heading p the road there, and eventually bumped into a small settlement with a deathclaw problem. I remember in Fo3, deathclaws weren't that hard to kill, so when the guy warned me not to continue following the road, I completely ignored him. I ended up deathclaw meat. 10 times laugh.gif

I went through the same thing! As I was desperate to get to New Vegas I used a stealth boy and sneaked past the Deathclaws on my first play through (after reloading after being brutally slain once, haha)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Feb 9 2013, 10:11 PM
Post #6

Forum Bard
Group Icon

As I just posted in the FO3 thread, I appreciate the gun play in NV.

The multiple ammo types, more varied weapons, and more realistic performance of firearms in general is better portrayed in New Vegas.

As someone who has an extensive firearm collection and is an avid target shooter, I appreciate this part probably the most.

I also enjoyed the more subtle additions like new types of drugs with status and visual effects, a more in depth companion system, and the slew of more interesting perks.

This post has been edited by Kiln: Feb 9 2013, 10:14 PM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 9 2013, 10:23 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

I way, way preferred New Vegas' worldbuilding to Fallout 3's; it felt like a (reasonably) realistic envisioning of what a post-nuclear society would turn out to be like two hundred years or so after the bombs dropped. Entire nations have emerged, there are populated cities and towns that feel much more realistically sustained and it just feels real. That and the faction approval system makes your actions feel like they have much more impact. The DC Wasteland's worldbuilding, on the other hand, felt like it was, at most, 20 years after the war, and it didn't feel all that well thought out (looking at you, Little Lamplight).
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 9 2013, 10:26 PM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Feb 9 2013, 09:11 PM) *

As I just posted in the FO3 thread, I appreciate the gun play in NV.

The multiple ammo types, more varied weapons, and more realistic performance of firearms in general is better portrayed in New Vegas.

As someone who has an extensive firearm collection and is an avid target shooter, I appreciate this part probably the most.

I also enjoyed the more subtle additions like new types of drugs with status and visual effects, a more in depth companion system, and the slew of more interesting perks.

I LOVE the gunplay. Eva (my Char) Is an avid 9mm user. She has Maria, which has good accuracy anyway; but the iron sight makes it a monster, especially with my gun skill where it is.

I also love the companion system. I love how much effort the devs put into them. I also love that Felicia Day is my companion tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 9 2013, 10:32 PM
Post #9

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 9 2013, 10:23 PM) *

The DC Wasteland's worldbuilding, on the other hand, felt like it was, at most, 20 years after the war, and it didn't feel all that well thought out (looking at you, Little Lamplight).

I agree 100% to this. FO3 was not 200 years after, if it was it would have been much more built up (I think).

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 9 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 9 2013, 09:32 PM) *
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 9 2013, 10:23 PM) *

The DC Wasteland's worldbuilding, on the other hand, felt like it was, at most, 20 years after the war, and it didn't feel all that well thought out (looking at you, Little Lamplight).

I agree 100% to this. FO3 was not 200 years after, if it was it would have been much more built up (I think).

Would have been the opposite way round; two hundred years after that, if nobody maintained the buildings, most of the Downtown area would at that point be a large area of undulating rocky hillocks where the structures had collapsed and become covered with vegetation and soil. The only built up areas would have been were people chose to live, and given that nuclear bombs had fallen by this point, most towns or cities would actually pop up in suburban/rural areas where it would have had the room to grow crops and raise livestock. The city itself would be stripped clean by scavengers and then would left to rot on account of having next to nothing to offer to survivors.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 9 2013, 10:50 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Eva @ Feb 9 2013, 09:26 PM) *

I also love the companion system. I love how much effort the devs put into them. I also love that Felicia Day is my companion tongue.gif

Wha?!!...Who?...Which one?... huh.gif ...

I luuuurve Felicia Day!!!... wub.gif ... laugh.gif ...

Aaaamywho...I did a huge amount with NV, just after the second DLC came out...But then I just stopped completely...I remember that many of my offensive stats were headed for 100...I took out the entire of the Deathclaw bunch in that quarry with a rocket-launcher biggrin.gif ...Oooh, that was sooo satisfying...

I'm wandering around in the power armour, I remember that too...I spent ages with that Veronica...I think she's the tops, after my all time fave companion - ED-E...I love him!!...

I think I'm living in that abandoned BOS bunker that you launch Dead Money from...The one with the chips that keep replenishing...

I've never been anywhere near the MQ of NV...And I'm pretty sure I've killed hundreds of Ceasar's Legion...My character - Arnaud - detests them with a passion...

Other than that, I can't remember much about NV other than I was completely obsessed with it for a goodly while, but when I stopped, I properly stopped...And other than one attempt to start again when I bought the last two DLCs, I've not been near it...

Shame really, I did enjoy the wandering...Espescially when I became as dangerous as the damned cazadors and deathclaws...

OOooh!!...I just remembered, Arnaud is implanted as far as he can go!!...I can't remember exactly, but I know the strength and regeneration ones for definite...Damn...I may have to go look in the morning... laugh.gif ...

I think I prefer FO3 overall...Just because it feels better...Like my preference for Oblivion over Skyrim...But NV was definately a fine game...I also prefer the way you get one perk per level-up in FO3 as opposed to the one every other in NV...That was a downer for me personally...

But, I was definately obsessed with NV for a time, so it couldn't have bothered me too much... biggrin.gif ...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Feb 9 2013, 10:51 PM
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 9 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 9 2013, 09:50 PM) *

Felicia Day plays Veronica smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 9 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Eva @ Feb 9 2013, 09:52 PM) *

Seriously? I think my adoration of Veronica as a character has somehow increased even more...
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 9 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 9 2013, 09:54 PM) *

Seriously? I think my adoration of Veronica as a character has somehow increased even more...

Tell me about it! I wasn't too fond of Veronica at first; then when i found out it was Felicia Day I unexpectedly fell in love with her! Haha

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Feb 9 2013, 11:02 PM
Post #15

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Eva @ Feb 9 2013, 09:55 PM) *

Tell me about it! I wasn't too fond of Veronica at first; then when i found out it was Felicia Day I unexpectedly fell in love with her! Haha

Glad to know I'm not the only one. When I first met that character I was kind of like "meh" but after I learned who played her I liked her more. Strange but true.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 9 2013, 11:03 PM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

The answer to the mystery is simple: FELICIA DAY IS AWESOME.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 9 2013, 11:06 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Eva @ Feb 9 2013, 09:55 PM) *

I quite liked her when I first picked her up at that NCR trading post, but I think I probably fell in love with her the minute my character had to deal with a bunch of enemies (think it was a bunch of geckos, but can't remember off the top of my head) with Veronica by his side and she simply murderpunched her way through them while my courier could barely keep up. It was quite something.
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 9 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #18

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 9 2013, 10:06 PM) *

I quite liked her when I first picked her up at that NCR trading post, but I think I probably fell in love with her the minute my character had to deal with a bunch of enemies (think it was a bunch of geckos, but can't remember off the top of my head) with Veronica by his side and she simply murderpunched her way through them while my courier could barely keep up. It was quite something.

I love it when a bunch of Fiends are giving me trouble. I can barely fight them off with my pistol.

Veronica charges in: BAM BAM BAM. Fiends no more. Veronica really is vital to a lightly armored gun user like Eva Bree. She's a great tank I found.

This post has been edited by Eva: Feb 9 2013, 11:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 10 2013, 10:04 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Eva @ Feb 9 2013, 10:09 PM) *
QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 9 2013, 10:06 PM) *

I love it when a bunch of Fiends are giving me trouble. I can barely fight them off with my pistol.

Veronica charges in: BAM BAM BAM. Fiends no more. Veronica really is vital to a lightly armored gun user like Eva Bree. She's a great tank I found.

Agreed; she's an awesome foil for my own Courier who's generally enjoys blasting enemies away in a storm of ordnance, especially when fighting higher level melee enemies. She's able to tie them all up and give them a serious thrashing while Courier (the only package he's delivering is JUSTICE!!*) generally brought the pain with a machine gun or grenade launcher.

Ultimately, however, I had to let Veronica go. She got knocked out in a fight and my immediate reaction was an enraged roar of; "Nobody hurts my precious punching angel!" At that point, I sent her back to the Lucky 38, as I realised that things had just got wierd...

*Yeah, I thought up a tagline for him... tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 10 2013, 11:44 PM
Post #20

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 10 2013, 09:04 PM) *

Agreed; she's an awesome foil for my own Courier who's generally enjoys blasting enemies away in a storm of ordnance, especially when fighting higher level melee enemies. She's able to tie them all up and give them a serious thrashing while Courier (the only package he's delivering is JUSTICE!!*) generally brought the pain with a machine gun or grenade launcher.

Ultimately, however, I had to let Veronica go. She got knocked out in a fight and my immediate reaction was an enraged roar of; "Nobody hurts my precious punching angel!" At that point, I sent her back to the Lucky 38, as I realised that things had just got wierd...

*Yeah, I thought up a tagline for him... tongue.gif

Veronica is definitely general awesomeness. What I like the most about her is the face that she doesn't waste bullets (I'm looking at you, Cass). Plus, Veronica with Pushy? DON'T GET ME STARTED! Haha.

Although i just slated her a second ago I do also love Cass. She's fun to travel with, plus her perk is awesome. As i've exploited the multiple companions glitch I get to travel with both Veronica and Cass, although I'm thinking about canging that up soon. Maybe replace Cass with Raul... not too sure yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:12 AM