23 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morrowind Mischiefs, A Characters Update thread
Renee
post Sep 14 2018, 11:19 PM
Post #361

Councilor
Group Icon

No, those are good suggestions, Lopov. Matter of fact, I was going to try taunting and intimidating the orc until he attacks. viking.gif Armand won't just attack the guy outright (and go to jail) though.

Well good news. He just sold a bunch of ingredients to the Mages Guild (including a rare pearl) and walked out of there with 519 gp. That's pretty healthy for a couple days of flower-picking. Armand is about to go walking around, shopping throughout Vivec to see if he can buy the stupid ring first. Apparently, it does not matter if this feather ring comes from the orc, as long as Armand is able to present it to the FG.

But if that doesn't work, time for Plan B, which includes some Intimidation and Taunts! I actually hope we have to go to Plan B.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 15 2018, 09:49 AM
Post #362

Master
Group Icon

You can also bribe him to raise his disposition but an even better plan is to bribe him, then taunt him enough times to provoke him to attack, then take gold and the ring as you kill him. evillol.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 16 2018, 01:33 AM
Post #363

Councilor
Group Icon

Uh. Armand went for Plan B. biggrin.gif

28 Last Seed (Day 13) 8 a.m. Armand Hammer awakes in the Fighters Guild, and immediately counts his gold. 615. That'll get him something. He gets up, puts his armor on, then walks into the next room.

"I really don't have time for this, so make it quick," says the annoying lady who inhabits the next room.

Armand has some crab meat for breakfast, and begins thinking of the night before. He had run over to the Redoran district, ran all the way up to its top level. Oh yeah. Armand likes to run. He runs a lot around Vivec, while Igodah prefers to stroll.

Anyway, he rushes up to the top floor of Redoran, finds the orc who's supposedly got this magic ring, and then he taunts the orc. Taunt. Intimidate. Taunt. Intimidate. "You orcs are all the same, big, green, and greasy." Failed. Failed. Failed. . "Do you have that ring?" "What ring? I don't know what you're talking about."

The orc was supposed to attack? Well, he never did.

Finally, Armand had had enough. He walked a few slow circles around the orc. He spat a few times. Looked to see if an ordinator was nearby. And there wasn't. A cute dark elf girl was watching though. She would be a witness to the crime my Redguard was about to commit, but oh well. Armand didn't care. He grabbed his BIG iron warhammer, and smashed the orc right in his face. indifferent.gif Swung his hammer again. Another hit. After the third hit, the orc was down.

He looked into the orc's pockets, and found the ring, along with a small amount of gold. Grabbed these. Then he simply ran! Got the hell out of there. An ordinator was on his way, but Armand was too quick. He ran all the way around Vivec, back to the Foreign Quarter. Back into the Fighters Guild. The orc who gives out quests (the one with green skin) was not happy that Armand had to resort to such final violence, in fact he scolded Armand. But... Armand did not kicked out of the guild. And he got paid. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 16 2018, 01:49 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 16 2018, 01:59 AM
Post #364

Ancient
Group Icon

So the guy from the Fighters Guild was upset because Armand started... a fight? biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 16 2018, 07:25 PM
Post #365

Master
Group Icon

Armand hammered the Orc!

He really lives up to his name. laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 17 2018, 01:50 PM
Post #366

Councilor
Group Icon

I fired up Morrowind to take a break from ESO on Sunday, and soon remembered why I'd moved on. It seemed like the Cliff Racers had been waiting for it to happen, and my character came out of her home in the Grazelands to find a stack of six in the first valley to the south. tongue.gif

Fortunately, she's at maximum on her spear skill, so they didn't take too much out of her.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 18 2018, 12:08 AM
Post #367

Councilor
Group Icon

Subrosa and Lopov: Yeah totally!

ghastly: Cliffies aren't so bad if you're one-on-one, it's when they all show up in a gang when life really starts to suck. I'm going to hit you up in the future, by the way, for your wonderful Morrowind clothing mods.

======

Armand Hammer leveled up to 3. I put +2 into Strength, +2 into Agility, and +1 of Luck. He's been using Blunt Weapons a lot, of course. Athletics (he likes to run). Medium Armor, Armorer, Light Armor, and Unarmored. No real surprises there, he's a fighter! Oddly though his Enchant skill is also rising, because he constantly uses magical rings.

11 Heartfire (Day 27) 7 p.m. Good news! Armand Hammer has been in Gnisis for several days. He managed to join the Imperial Legion, finally, despite jsut having gotten out of jail. Yeah, he had to go to jail because of killing that orc back in Vivec. Oops. But the people up here in Gnisis don't seem to know any of this, so he wss able to join the legion up here, no problem.

His first task is really challenging though. Long story, but he is supposed to get some sort of land deed from a local homeowner, by any means possible. The legion wants to buy the land she lives on, by any means possible. But this time, Armand doesn't want to beat the lady to death, even though there would be no witnesses.

So instead, he is following some information the lady gave him. Armand is wanting to go into the Gnisis eggmine, to investigate the death of the lady's former husband. Problem is, the lower part of the eggmine is guarded by an orc, who will NOT let Armand go any deeper into the mine, despite the fact that Armand is now a legionaire. Again, Armand can't just beat the guard. But the guard sicced this HUGE, magical creature up from the depths. Soon as Armand saw the thing, he got the hell out of there!

Armand has a plan though. He's going to try going in there while totally invisible. But to make this plan happen, he'll need some invisibility scrolls, and potions. Nobody sells this sort of stuff up in Gnisis.

So for now, Armand is travelling south. Hopefully he'll find some village or town with a suitable magic-selling section.

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 18 2018, 12:09 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 18 2018, 01:51 PM
Post #368

Master
Group Icon

Armand seems to have problems with Orcs. laugh.gif Or maybe it's the other way around.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 23 2018, 03:56 PM
Post #369

Councilor
Group Icon

5 Frost Fall (Day 52) early morning Armand hammer is in Balmora, about to sell some stuff to Ra'Virr, the Khajiit trader. He wants to sell his stuff to Dralasa Nithryoon, Balmora's pawnbroker. But she won't speak to him anymore. mad.gif It's because he tried to flirt with her, and this attempt definitely failed.

He just got done taking care of a couple poachers in the Skulk Mine though, which means he'll be getting paid for his latest FG quest. So yah! And he finally ditched his giant warhammer. Because he keeps finding himself in situations which require magical weapons (or silver, at least) so he can get by some enemy. Scamps are an example. Wow, scamps in this game cannot get hurt by normal weapons! ohmy.gif

So right now, Armand has an Icebreaker Mace, which he bought from some mage in Ald'Ruhn. He also has a shield which makes enemies *light up* if he casts a spell on them. Armand prefers his BIG warhammers though. If he ever manages to find a silver or magical warhammer, he'll switch back to warhammers again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 23 2018, 04:54 PM
Post #370

Master
Group Icon

You should temporarily rename him to Armand Macer.

It's because he tried to flirt with her, and this attempt definitely failed.

Anything can be solved with gold, especially if it involves women. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 24 2018, 10:14 PM
Post #371

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Sep 23 2018, 11:54 AM) *

You should temporarily rename him to Armand Macer.

Lol yeah, there you go.

Well I am gaming with Armand right now. And Armand went through the equivalent of Sensitivity Training a few times by now. Actually, he's trained his Speech several times by now, because he can't just keep bashing people with his weapons. He's been trying to get better at (ya know) just talking to them instead.

But it's going to take a LONG time before he'll get to the point that he can just convince other people during quests. So he decided to go see if the Mages Guild can help. Maybe they have a potion which'll fortify his speaking skills. But no, he found something even better. He found a Belt of charisma. Whoa. it fortifies Personality 10 points. And only costs 6 bucks!

Why are magic items so cheap in this game? I think because with no Mana Regen, something has to give. But yeah, Armand has been turning to magic several times now, and found what he's been looking for!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 25 2018, 04:57 PM
Post #372

Master
Group Icon

So now we have Armand Tongue. wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 30 2018, 12:08 AM
Post #373

Councilor
Group Icon

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 79), 8 am -- And now we have Armand the Ascender. I just fired up his game and he's in Pelagiad's inn, ready to go to sleep. And gained a level. He's level 6 now. viking.gif Since he already one or two-shots plenty of enemies I decided not to add points into ST for now. Instead he's getting +1 Willpower, +2 Agility, and a much-needed +3 in Personality. He's been doing lots of flirting you see. Failing most the time, but that still must be where that +3 is coming from.

He's been steadily getting some quests done too, which is nice. He's at the point where he's been turning stuff away, just so he doesn't have too much on his plate.

Finally, he just bought another BIG warhammer, but this one is an Iron Flamemauler. indifferent.gif Does a small amount of fire damage. It's funny because whenever he's in some new location, he tends to drop one weapon for another; if his current weapon is cheap, he'll drop it right on the spot. So he's been leaving iron and steel warhammers all over Vvradenfell! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Sep 30 2018, 12:09 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 30 2018, 05:59 PM
Post #374

Master
Group Icon

A Big weapon for a Big hero!

He's been doing lots of flirting you see. Failing most the time, but that still must be where that +3 is coming from.

Those that are pretty, don't succeed, but those that are persistent, do.

A more vulgar Slovenian version goes like this:

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 6 2018, 12:21 AM
Post #375

Councilor
Group Icon

16 Last Seed (Day 1) 7 p.m.: The Dunmer known as Miss Chevuus had quite a first day back in Morrowind. She had gotten off the boat with all the others, then had to get through an onslaught of paperwork. Questions. Such a hassle! But she was BACK. She was back and she was free, and she had returned to Morrowind. She had done it, she had managed to get free from her incarceration That was all that mattered.

The Imperials who were ledgering her paperwork got a little preoccupied, and a little sloppy, for there were lots of people to pencil in on that day, people coming into the Red Land, most of them from Cyrodiil. Because of this, Miss Chevuus was easily able to slip away from the others. Have a look at what was in the next room, and silently gather as many goods as she could. Mostly silverware, and food. These items she could sell later on, and she knew where she could sell them.

Back to old habits. Back to old habits, which landed her in jail, many years ago. Though it had been a long time since she'd lived in Vvardenfell, she still remembered the basics. Once free from ledgering, suddenly carrying an old sack over her shoulder, she asked if the Tradehouse was still in town, and indeed it was. She sold her loot, already knowing that the Tradehouse's merchant would not question where she got it. She bought some things too: a bow made of chitin, 30 arrows, a shirt made of tundra cotton, and some boots made of fur.

Back to old habits. Back to Balmora, where she had once lived. She took a silt strider there. Once back in town, she immediately headed for the South Wall Cornerclub.

"Khajiit ... has no words for yoo!" a catperson greeted as Chevuus walked through the door.

She turned to the Khajiit, and frowned.

"Are yoo looking for meee? You want to join tha Thieves Guild?"

She looked to the Khajiit, and smiled.

ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 6 2018, 12:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 6 2018, 01:27 AM
Post #376

Ancient
Group Icon

What a delightfully mischievous character! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 6 2018, 09:36 PM
Post #377

Master
Group Icon

In a few days clerks will need to buy their silverware back from the tradehouse.

What a mischievous beginning!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 7 2018, 02:44 PM
Post #378

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, definitely mischievous she is! emot-ninja1.gif Her game really has me hooked already!

----------------------------

17 Last Seed (Day 2) 6 p.m. -- Gray, gloomy day, with double the usual amount of fog. Miss Chevuus does not do much on her second day, mostly walks around Balmora, going shopping.

She spends a few hours going from shop to shop, looking for things to wear, and overall she's disappointed at what she finds. Best she can do is a middle-class blue shirt with a non-matching beige skirt. Blue and beige. "Ugh," she says, looking at her reflection in the water later on. But... this odd color combination is the best she can do. She wanted a shirt which wasn't beige, and she wanted a skirt which would match her shirt. Doesn't look like that's going to happen today. sad.gif

She does not join the Thieves Guild. Not yet. Instead, she decides to scope the town out, see how (if) Balmora has changed. She decides to rent a room at Eight Plates too, instead of spending another night at the Cornerclub. Don't [censored] where you live, goes the maxim.

Day 3: She does her first Thieves Guild quest. It involved stealing a diamond from a merchant in Balmora, so pretty easy to get there. Problem was, the merchant stands right by this diamond, 24/7. indifferent.gif So sneaking around and stealing the thing was out of the question. What to do?

She decided to just do the typical teenage heist: a literal snatch 'n' dash! panic.gif Although there was an ordinator in this shop, he was too slow to catch her! Oddly though, none of the ordinators on the outside reacted, and I know at least one of them saw her! weird. I like it though. At least they're not psychic.

This post has been edited by Renee: Oct 7 2018, 02:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 8 2018, 03:44 PM
Post #379

Master
Group Icon

Now that you wrote about this quest of stealing a diamond, I actually remember it. I did the TG questline with Ninimdes years ago but I don't recall anymore how she dealt with the never-sleeping merchant. Probably in the same style as Miss Chevuus.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 8 2018, 04:44 PM
Post #380

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, that's another big difference between Morrowind and Oblivion. TES III had no schedules for NPC's, so they were doing the same thing 24x7. Some of them would move around a path, but that was not controlled by a schedule, just "when you get to x, wait a while, then head for y" logic.

Merchants never close, but they also never move away from their diamonds.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post

23 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:17 PM