8 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your favorite race
Mazelure
post Apr 23 2006, 09:37 PM
Post #1

Finder
Group Icon

hey I often wonder what's other people favorite race in Oblivion or in any elder scrolls game. If everyone would be kiind enough to tell me their favorite race and their resons why I would appreciate it greatly.

By the way my old favorite race was the Nords but now I'm going for the bretons cause they have a whole bunch of magika from the begining of the game untill the end

--------------------
you have to crack a few eggs in order to make and omelet
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aki
post Apr 23 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Dunmer.

They look cool. cool.gif

And fire resistance of 75% and the summon-power Ancestor Guardian is fun/useful. happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 24 2006, 12:51 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

I'm a big fan of the dunmer, too. Their bonuses are easily the most useful and they look the best spiffed out as a vampire, though that's like saying who looks better after being beaten by an ugly stick so let me rephrase, they would look best as a vampire if the changes only effected the eyes and didn't turn you into an old fart.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Olav
post Apr 24 2006, 01:05 AM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

I played Breton in Morrowind and my first time in Oblivion, but now I've just started a new game as a High Elf. They also look quite good - kind of like Vulcans biggrin.gif - and they have lots of Magicka.

Can't really tell what my favorite is as I've only played these, but I also like the general looks of the Dunmer.

--------------------
Do not take me for a conjurer of cheap tricks!

Gandalf
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 24 2006, 01:55 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

I (don't kill me) like the Bretons and Bosmer, their skill boosts are pretty cool IMO

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 24 2006, 02:00 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Bosmer would totally be my race of choice if their were more animals in oblivion (and I mean animals there weren't out for my blood)

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 24 2006, 02:03 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(DoomedOne @ Apr 23 2006, 07:00 PM)
Bosmer would totally be my race of choice if their were more animals in oblivion (and I mean animals there weren't out for my blood)

ha ha ha true. well there are, what, 4 dogs or something? can't remember the town though. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Apr 24 2006, 02:36 AM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

This is a hard question. I've said in several threads already that I start all the Elder Scroll games since Arena with Khajiits because of their ability to see in the dark of the starting dungeons.

But I am past that phase now .... Bretons used to be my favorites in Morrowind and also Nords. Bretons as magicka based and Nords as warrior classes.

But now for Oblivion, I'm branching out alittle. I have an Imperial lady warrior who is quite beautiful for heavy armor and the warring lifestyle.

I think I am going to see how I can play around with the face/gen for an Altmer ... them I like for magicka like the Bretons. However, Altmers in Arena and Daggerfall didn't have these weaknesses to elemental damage - that started in Morrowind. I don't really like it but I suppose that maybe they became viewed as being too powerful or unbalancing to the previous games by Bethesda.

I also like the fact that Bosmers can command creatures and animals to fight with or for them. But honestly, I have never played a Bosmer yet in any of the ES games.

Now my hubby made a new class called Brawler who only does hand2hand fighting while wearing heavy armor - it's pretty cool - so I actually managed to make a somewhat attractive Orc maiden to be my Brawler.

So in order of my favorite preference for Oblivion, I wuold say:

1.) Imperial
2.) Breton
3.) Altmer
4.) Bosmer
5.) Nord
5.) Orc
6.) Khajiit
7.) Argonian

Any others I guess I haven't really gotten familiar with at all. Funny that Morrowind was populated with Dunmer but I just never played any. Also never played a Redguard but I do hear that they are good with weapons.

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Pisces
post Apr 24 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

1. Altmer because they are super powerful mages and reclusive wankers like me biggrin.gif
2. Bosmer, I always liked druids and rangers because I like nature and magic or archery. Bosmer are abit too jolly for me but because they are wood elves they still make 2.
3. Khajiit "Sweet moon sugar"
4. Nord

Rest are around about equal, there is no race I wouldn't consider playing except bretons.
+Quote Post
Joryn
post Apr 24 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #10

Agent

Dunmer easily. I think the only reason for this is because I seem to find Dark Elf women in games very attractive. Plus they just look cool. I never liked the Nords because they cant seem to stick to their own land, always trying to nick other peoples. And the Orcs.

I used to like them in Morrowind, they seemed more honorable and likeable. In this one they are rude brutes, and think they are something special because of their strength as warriors. So the pig folk are one of the new editions to my hate list.

And I hate imperials too, but thats not new. They are nothing but arrogant con men who seem to think they are something special. Infact two imperials inparticular are the people I hate the most in TES. Tiber Septim, its annoying that this theif managed to enslave all the other races, but that the imperials should view him as a god is beyond beleif.

And Alessia Ottus, after reading her books on "the guides to the folks who worship the nine and the heretics that dont in each town" I traveled to the imperial city just to kill her. Although Im purposefully overreacting on these parts, I enjoy it how I have races I dislike in TES.

--------------------
Faith, Law, and Justice. Walk on

Joryn - Lvl 40 Dunmer Mage born under the Mage.
+Quote Post
Rane
post Apr 24 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #11

Lurker
Group Icon

Favorite race: the Daedra. Their lore and history has always intrigued me.

Favorite playable race: Used to be Nord, but now I'm leaning towards the Khajiiti. No reason really, they just seem to have a certain variety even within their own kin. (read: subtypes)
+Quote Post
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
post Apr 28 2006, 05:48 AM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

Well, if you can read Rainer's Username, then there you go. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Apr 28 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

My favorite Race in real life are New Zealanders who live secretly under girls beds. It is a well-known stalker skill in NZ (well, not to the girl's father.) But I have heard of it from the best of authorities and one of the mad stalkers himself.

They use ornate chamberpots for the amenities and send lovenotes up to be placed under the damsel's pillows. If she favors her stalker, she sneaks food to him from the kitchen at night. And other things. You know what I mean.

If she does not favor him, she doesn't feed him and he cannot leave via the door without her father seeing - so, oh well. It is a chance mad New Zealander stalkers take for love. hehe.gif

This post has been edited by Ibis: Apr 28 2006, 08:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pisces
post Apr 28 2006, 09:12 AM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ibis @ Apr 28 2006, 08:41 PM)
If she does not favor him, she doesn't feed him and he cannot leave via the door without her father seeing - so, oh well. It is a chance mad New Zealander stalkers take for love. hehe.gif[/color]

Natural selection at its best. Nature's tough but the stalker will live on, craftier in his ways.

This post has been edited by Pisces: Apr 28 2006, 09:13 AM
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Apr 28 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

tahahaha!! So say you! What know you of the stalker's life?

--------------------

+Quote Post
evil_ducky
post Apr 30 2006, 05:00 AM
Post #16

Retainer

Khajiit. totally. They have super sneakiness and they will sneak attack the characters boat b4 he can say "HEY! YOUR TRESSPASSING!".... yeahh.....
+Quote Post
Furious_George
post May 3 2006, 11:45 AM
Post #17

Finder
Group Icon

I actually prefer Redguard and start all my games first as a redguard. Then, I branch out. I actually prefer both Reds and Orcs to Nords for pure fighters. I like Bretons for magic-usurs. Imperials can be fun - especially for role-play. The beast races are better now that they don't have the armor restrictions. I like elves but don't find their attributes useful, and I think the Bosmer are easily the worst race. They stink, their skills are worthless, and the they're the ugliest of the elven races.
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post May 3 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

For me (in morrowind) its Breton all the way, its Redguard in second, those guys are serious fighters!

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post May 3 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

Drow. No,wait that's not TES biggrin.gif

Hmmm,i'm unsure about my favorite Oblivion race.
I like ALL races laugh.gif

Still if i really had to chose,it would be Argonians,not because their bonuses,it's just because it's cool to be a giant lizard laugh.gif

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Taillus
post May 3 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

I like Imperials because they are a good all-around class. I also like Bosmer but I think my favorite is going to have to be Breton. I have almost always used Breton in TES.

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:49 PM