Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Oblivion Screenshot Thread
mALX
post Feb 10 2013, 06:04 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(flowerboom @ Feb 10 2013, 11:28 AM) *

WOO HOO! Now you've opened up a whole new world, my first time playing after getting FRAPS I took like 250 screens and made three vids, lol.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 10 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 10 2013, 11:57 AM) *

Great looking Dunmer! (or is he Drow?)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 10 2013, 06:07 PM
Post #23

Paladin
Group Icon

mirocu, loved the cozy shot of Lothran in his Bruma cabin. I'm so glad he got that pesky fireplace working. And the one of him in the deep forest is wonderful!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 10 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #24

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2013, 06:06 PM) *

Thank you! But, ehm... I donīt know what Drow is..

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 10 2013, 06:07 PM) *

mirocu, loved the cozy shot of Lothran in his Bruma cabin. I'm so glad he got that pesky fireplace working. And the one of him in the deep forest is wonderful!

Thank you, my friend! happy.gif That forest pic is one of my favorites, I had to post it here too! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 10 2013, 06:31 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 10 2013, 12:08 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2013, 06:06 PM) *

Thank you! But, ehm... I donīt know what Drow is..

My knowledge is admittedly limited here, but I think Drow are Dark Elves with platinum blonde hair. Example:

http://id10tech.deviantart.com/art/Drow-Wa...-nara-116077497

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 10 2013, 06:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 10 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #26

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2013, 06:31 PM) *

My knowledge is admittedly limited here, but I think Drow are Dark Elves with platinum blonde hair.

I donīt think that name applies to TES Dunmer tongue.gif Even if it does, Iīve never heard it anywhere in TES lore.

Lothranīs hair was blue from the start as you can see. I changed it to white after a few years to demonstrate his long life and wisdom. Even though elves donīt age like we do, I thought that was the best way of showing it smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Feb 10 2013, 08:33 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 10 2013, 10:24 PM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 10 2013, 02:32 PM) *

My knowledge is admittedly limited here, but I think Drow are Dark Elves with platinum blonde hair.

I donīt think that name applies to TES Dunmer tongue.gif Even if it does, Iīve never heard it anywhere in TES lore.

Lothranīs hair was blue from the start as you can see. I changed it to white after a few years to demonstrate his long life and wisdom. Even though elves donīt age like we do, I thought that was the best way of showing it smile.gif

I like that idea! On the Drows - Nexus has pages of mods for Drows in Oblivion, that's why I asked if Lothran was one. Either way, he's cool looking.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 10 2013, 10:35 PM
Post #28

Paladin
Group Icon

I believe Drow Elves are a product of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons / Forgotten Realms. They are a non-playable race, for example in Baldurs' Gate II. They are generally an underground matriarchal race that is regarded as evil. There are exceptions, for one of the most famous Drows is named Drizzt Do'Urden and is a decidedly 'good' ranger.

I'm no expert at all on Drow Elves but I hope that helps. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 10 2013, 11:30 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 10 2013, 04:35 PM) *

I believe Drow Elves are a product of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons / Forgotten Realms. They are a non-playable race, for example in Baldurs' Gate II. They are generally an underground matriarchal race that is regarded as evil. There are exceptions, for one of the most famous Drows is named Drizzt Do'Urden and is a decidedly 'good' ranger.

I don't think any of the Nexus mods have the Drow as evil, although some are more sexually oriented than others (example: AlienSlof's Drows are extraordinarily well endowed, and the "Giant Melon" Drows in another mod - no explanation needed on them).

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 10 2013, 11:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Feb 11 2013, 01:25 AM
Post #30

Mouth
Group Icon

I am such a geek. Check it out, I have my Monster Manual right here! Let's see if I can read it. Wow, they used such small type in some of these books. *gets glasses* that's better.

Drow Elves: These are only legend. They purportedly dwell deep beneath the surface in a strange subterreanean realm. The drow are said to be as dark as faeries are bright, and as evil as the latter are good. Tales picture them as weak fighters but strong magic-users.

On topic: I'm really liking these pics! Why do people mostly post them as links, though? If we have the option to just put full pictures right in our posts, why does everybody use links?

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Feb 11 2013, 01:29 AM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 11 2013, 01:39 AM
Post #31

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 10 2013, 04:25 PM) *

I am such a geek. Check it out, I have my Monster Manual right here! Let's see if I can read it. Wow, they used such small type in some of these books. *gets glasses* that's better.

Drow Elves: These are only legend. They purportedly dwell deep beneath the surface in a strange subterreanean realm. The drow are said to be as dark as faeries are bright, and as evil as the latter are good. Tales picture them as weak fighters but strong magic-users.

On topic: I'm really liking these pics! Why do people mostly post them as links, though? If we have the option to just put full pictures right in our posts, why does everybody use links?

1. I was so hoping you would stop by, figuring your knowledge of D&D would vastly eclipse mine. Thank you!

2. Several reasons to use links for screenshots. First, posting images directly in the post slows down loading times and if there are lots of them, it can get jerky as the thread loads. And bigger images make the problem much worse. Secondly, if you use links, you can post big images with no problems. Thirdly, lot of images in the posts makes for lots of scrolling to see what's new. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 11 2013, 01:50 AM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2013, 05:30 PM) *

I don't think any of the Nexus mods have the Drow as evil, although some are more sexually oriented than others (example: AlienSlof's Drows are extraordinarily well endowed, and the "Giant Melon" Drows in another mod - no explanation needed on them).

I was going to use that second one to play a Drow character. Then I saw those melons. Ugh.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 11 2013, 01:59 AM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 10 2013, 07:50 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2013, 05:30 PM) *

I was going to use that second one to play a Drow character. Then I saw those melons. Ugh.

That mod does give you the option for smaller breasts, just don't install the giant ones and the regular ones will be there. She is beautiful, but I agree with you on the size of the ones shown, they were obscenely huge.

--------------------
+Quote Post
flowerboom
post Feb 11 2013, 01:13 PM
Post #34

Agent

why do you need a mod to play this "drow" , you can just guve a dark eld white - platinum hair in the creation menu ...sloved?
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 11 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(flowerboom @ Feb 11 2013, 07:13 AM) *

why do you need a mod to play this "drow" , you can just guve a dark eld white - platinum hair in the creation menu ...sloved?

If you are talking about Lothran, he isn't a Drow. He is a Dunmer with beautiful platinum blonde hair.

The Drow mods have unique other things besides their looks (strengths/attributes/spells, etc - and in the two mods mentioned above: uniquely sized body parts).

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 11 2013, 03:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
flowerboom
post Feb 11 2013, 03:59 PM
Post #36

Agent

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 11 2013, 01:59 PM) *

If you are talking about Lothran, he isn't a Drow. He is a Dunmer with beautiful platinum blonde hair.

The Drow mods have unique other things besides their looks (strengths/attributes/spells, etc - and in the two mods mentioned above: uniquely sized body parts).

No , i was talking about drows.

i have known lorthan for quite a long while and im guessing mirocu got the hair throw custo, colour rather than a mod

just use custom colour , you can get any colour you like then .

And if the drows only - what was it ? - "unique" feature beside the hair is there breasts they dont sound very interesting at all .....

This post has been edited by flowerboom: Feb 11 2013, 04:00 PM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 11 2013, 04:15 PM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(flowerboom @ Feb 11 2013, 09:59 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 11 2013, 01:59 PM) *

No , i was talking about drows.

i have known lorthan for quite a long while and im guessing mirocu got the hair throw custo, colour rather than a mod

just use custom colour , you can get any colour you like then .

And if the drows only - what was it ? - "unique" feature beside the hair is there breasts they dont sound very interesting at all .....

They are a race mod, add Drow to your game and give you the ability to play one. They have unique other things besides their looks (strengths/attributes/spells/etc) and usually some white body tatooing.

I've never used any of the Drow mods, but I love their Ayleid styled architecture and buildings (beautiful deep purple to black colored) - and have used the meshes for these in some of my own stuff.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 11 2013, 04:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Feb 11 2013, 04:38 PM
Post #38

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 10 2013, 07:39 PM) *

1. I was so hoping you would stop by, figuring your knowledge of D&D would vastly eclipse mine. Thank you!

Ha ha you are welcome. Any time you have a question on DnD, I've still got several books in my library.

2. Several reasons to use links for screenshots. First, posting images directly in the post slows down loading times and if there are lots of them, it can get jerky as the thread loads. And bigger images make the problem much worse. Secondly, if you use links, you can post big images with no problems. Thirdly, lot of images in the posts makes for lots of scrolling to see what's new. smile.gif

Thanks again. I'm not planning on posting full pics in these threads, so no worries there, but I occasionally like posting full size pics in my stories. I don't like having to open new windows while I'm reading a story, it's distracting. But I also don't have many pics to post anyways.

+Quote Post
flowerboom
post Feb 11 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #39

Agent

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 11 2013, 03:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 10 2013, 07:39 PM) *

Ha ha you are welcome. Any time you have a question on DnD, I've still got several books in my library.

Thanks again. I'm not planning on posting full pics in these threads, so no worries there, but I occasionally like posting full size pics in my stories. I don't like having to open new windows while I'm reading a story, it's distracting. But I also don't have many pics to post anyways.

Admittadly it takes time to get the pictures of the stone ...but so far im quite happy with how it is going..
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 11 2013, 04:52 PM
Post #40

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 10 2013, 10:24 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 10 2013, 02:32 PM) *

I changed it to white after a few years to demonstrate his long life and wisdom. Even though elves donīt age like we do, I thought that was the best way of showing it smile.gif

I like that idea! On the Drows - Nexus has pages of mods for Drows in Oblivion, that's why I asked if Lothran was one. Either way, he's cool looking.

Thank you! Iīm glad you like him smile.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 11 2013, 01:39 AM) *

Several reasons to use links for screenshots. First, posting images directly in the post slows down loading times and if there are lots of them, it can get jerky as the thread loads. And bigger images make the problem much worse. Secondly, if you use links, you can post big images with no problems. Thirdly, lot of images in the posts makes for lots of scrolling to see what's new. smile.gif

Yuuuuup!™
Sorry Saga, I will still post linkys happy.gif

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 11 2013, 02:59 PM) *

Actually itīs pure snow white. A shade even whiter than platinum blonde wink.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Feb 11 2013, 04:53 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

104 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:41 AM