Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> With Fate Uncertain And Bloodstained Hands, Memoirs of Felisa Serhas. Chapter One: Beginning of the end
treydog
post Sep 12 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

As for Valen, I loved him, and for that I felt guilty. I would show him the starcovered sky once more. Maybe we could even swim together in the Rumare.

That is a wonderfully evocative moment. Really good to see this one being updated.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
saqin
post Sep 14 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #22

Agent

Thanks ^^ And well, I kind of already had the end of this chapter in my head, so here it comes.
The next chapter will continue in this thread since this one really didn't take many posts compared to other stories.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guards were talking of what they thought about having to guard a prisoner. They couldn’t imagine who’d want to rescue or damage him. I allowed my mind to go blank when I heard their footsteps fading. Easing the door open, I watched as one guard walked to the right, as the other walked to the left. In a daze, I followed the guard to the right, quietly coming up behind him. I then dug my dagger into his neck, casting a telekinesis spell at the same time. The dagger pierced his jugular, he didn’t make a sound.

I easily took the other guard down in a similar fashion when he came back to the room, and then I walked on to the room where the emperor had been killed. At a table with a candle, there sat another guard, and he arose when he saw me. Seing the blood on my rainment, he simply pulled out his blade, and charged.

I ducked down when he struck at me, circling him, and cutting into one of his armpits. The man gasped in surprise at the sudden pain, and I took the chance to cut at his head. He brought his blade up to parry, and kicked me backwards. The air left my lungs when I collided with the wall, and I barely managed to get my dagger up to deflect his blow. He took a step backwards, not giving me the opportunity to strike, and I got away from the wall. When he charged again I deflected his blade, causing him to go down with it. I struck at his bare neck when it was shown to me, and so the fight was over.

I didn’t give the guards more attention than checking so that they were dead before I continued. Though I feared what I had to do, I also longed to meet him. The possibility of letting him live for a few days had crossed my mind, but I knew that if I stayed close to him for to long I wouldn’t be able to do it. He would live until dawn, that was what I had decided in the cave. It was evening now, and the death of the guards wouldn’t be discovered until dawn when they were going to be relieved. That would give me more than enough time with Valen.

I got my dagger out from the throath of another guard, and eased him down on the floor. And so it came before me, that one little tunnel leading up to the cell that had once been mine. I could hear a guard talking, and Valen answering him. But I didn’t think of what they said. I simply entered the cell and waited for the guard to go.

When I heard the closing door I opened that of my cell, and picked the lock on his.

“Felisa. You did come back.” He said, the shock obvious in his voice.

“As I said I would. I’ve come to take you out of here.” I said, hugging him when the door finally opened. Then we kissed for a moment.

“Come now, I’ve taken care of the guards. The way out is clear.” I said, releasing him. He simply smiled when I took his hand and led him out of there. He barely shot glances towards the dead guards, most of the time his eyes where fixed to my back.

And so we came out in the moonlight. Stars were shining above us, and they were reflected in the still water. We turned against each other.

“I never really thought you’d come.” He said and I looked over at his smiling face. He was beautiful in his own way, this man that I loved. “Come, let us bathe.” He then said, tugging on my arm. I was happy to oblige him after having undressed.

We played in the water that night, he laughed all the time, and then we cuddled up next to each other on the shore. We talked some more, I told him everything that had happened after I met him, save the part with Lachance, and he told me, amongst other things, the names of his children. And then we...

Well, what can I say? I lost my virginity that night. And when the morning came, and he was still asleep, I looked at his face for a while. Then I kissed him one last time, begged for his soul, and completed my task.

They never knew who did it...

--------------------
I no longer use this acoount since I can't do anything with it. New username: Saquira
+Quote Post
treydog
post Sep 14 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

Very powerful, especially at the end. You have this remarkable talent for writing closing scenes....

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 15 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

ARGH! A black widow spider...a praying mantis...ARGH !!! AWESOME !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
saqin
post Nov 15 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #25

Agent

And so the story continues...

Chapter two: Why life don’t end when it’s at it’s worst

It took a very long time for me to recover, and even then I did not recover completely. I don't think I ever will. But over the weeks I rode all over Tamriel with Shadowmere, completing the tasks that were given to me. Except for Kvatch, that is. I heard about it not long after Valen’s death, how the daedra had overrun the city and killed most of it’s inhabitants. I steered clear of there, since in my opinion, it wasn’t really any of my business.

The septims that I earned while completing the tasks, I simply put away in my cave. And I must say that when I finally sat down and counted it, it was quite the fortune. It took a while before I spent any of it though.

It was when I was sitting at Luther Broads boarding house drinking, that I heard that the siege of Kvatch had been broken. The deadra had been driven out and the count had been found dead. Apparently some people had actually survived in there, barring themselves up in the chapel. That amazed me, to tell the truth. Everyone always go on about how dangerous the daedra is when speaking about them.

It was also then that I saw the so called “hero”. Or well, not exactly that day, but the day afterwards. I was sitting there watching the red guard whom I’d come across in the prison, yes it was the very same red guard, when the khajiit walked in. I recalled his name as Gasheera.

Any assassin with their mind in the right place would’ve gotten out of there as quickly as possible, but then I’ve never really been defined as a normal assassin. Count bad luck into that, and you’ve got yourself a mess.

I sat in a corner and watched him as he looked around for a bit before seeing the redguard. Then he sat down next to him and they started to talk. Half the inn must have been quiet, trying to hear what they said.

When the redguard got up and walked to the cellar, another man in a corner followed him. And as soon as that man disappeared, Gasheera went after him. It looked rather funny, since everyone had been watching the process. But I guessed that it wasn’t, that other man had looked... well grim.

Still, I stayed in my corner and it had only been half an hour since they went to the cellar when the redguard and Gasheera came back up.

The two men walked past without talking to anyone. For some very stupid reason, I followed them outside. Outside the door Gasheera walked left and the redguard walked right, I followed Gasheera.

He turned into a small alley not long after the inn, and I followed him around the corner. Then it went so quickly that I didn't have any time to react, one moment I was stalking him and the next I was pushed up against a wall. I hung there a while, and we stared into each others eyes, evaluating each other. He was a warrior, and from the looks of it he might just have been a saint. The ideal hero according to many people.

“Why have you been following me?” Gasheera asked then. I considered lying, saying I hadn't, but he'd clearly see that it was a lie. If I hadn't been following him, I'd have struggled when he pushed me up against the wall.

“I was curious. I'd heard about what you've done and wondered if it was actually you. You look quite different from the last time we met.” I answered simply, still staring into his eyes.

“Excuse me, but I can't recall my meeting you.” He said, leaning in even closer with his head.

“We met in prison, though you were unconscious most of the time so we were never properly introduced. And I'd appreciate it if you'd let me down.” I said, beginning to squirm a bit at the end to hide the fact that I took a knife out.

“So, you're the escaped assassin. And I'm afraid I can't do that yet, you see, I think I'm going to turn you in to the guards.” He said, a gleeful smile on his lips. Then he saw the fire gathering in my eyes. “And I wouldn't do that if I were you, I've got a quite powerful reflect magicka enchantment on my armor.” I quenched the fire then, and he smiled again. “I must say you let go of it quickly.”

“Rather cautious and alive than brave and dead.” I answered, glaring at him. “What do you want?” I snapped.

“Why, the assassin's got common sense. And why should I want to have anything from you? I'm not particularly interested in dark elves.” He said and tilted his head slightly.

“If you didn't want anything you'd have turned me in to the guards by now.”

“You mean that I would have tried.”

“How can you be so sure of what I meant?”

“Because you seem to believe that you can escape me easily.” He eyed the dagger that rested in the tiny gap between his cuirass and greaves, the dagger that I held in my hand, and I smiled.

“I wondered when you would see that. Now let me down.” He released me and backed away, and I laughed. But I only had time to sheathe my dagger again before he spoke.

“What's your name?” He sounded quite humiliated, to say the least.

“Felisa Serhas. You really thought you'd just catch a silencer of the Dark Brotherhood that easily? Where the daedra do you come from?” I managed to answer him in between my bursts of laughter, and the discomfort only became clearer on his face. He'd probably been a farmer or a woodcutter. He had the strength to fight, but lacked the skills and brute force don't often suffice.

“Actually, I don't remember where I'm from.” He muttered, and my laughter came to a sudden stop. How could anyone possibly forget that much? The man was at least thirty! I looked at him then, his eyes stared at the ground.

“You don't remember?” I said, still surprised, and he looked up on me.

“No, I don't.” He almost growled at me when he spoke, and I saw the tension in his face when he pulled himself together. “But that does not matter at the moment. I... I need to improve my skills with a blade.” He said and I simply looked at him.

“What, you want me to train you? Me, an assassin?” I said as the full meaning of his words appeared before me.

“If you are as good as you seem to believe that you are, yes.” He said, suddenly looking up at me with his yellow eyes. I felt the laughter coming up within me again. Now that would be something to tell my brothers and sisters of the Dark Brotherhood! I accepted it however, mostly because as if it sounded as if though it could become quite fun, and I needed something to do. Besides, it would be fun to tell the grand children about it if I ever had any. “Did you know children? I taught the hero of Kvatch how to fight.”

This post has been edited by saqin: Nov 15 2010, 07:40 PM

--------------------
I no longer use this acoount since I can't do anything with it. New username: Saquira
+Quote Post
Remko
post Nov 16 2010, 11:53 AM
Post #26

Finder
Group Icon

Yay, it's continued smile.gif
Loved the parallel line between the Assassin and the Hero of Kvatch.

--------------------
Strength and honour, stranger!

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 17 2010, 01:01 AM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

The interplay between Felisa and Gasheera was AWESOME !!!! You ROCKED that scene!!!! And I'm beginning to think it is your writing style to close each chapter with a powerful paragraph - you nailed it again!!! I love this story, your writing !!! MORE !!!! MORE !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
saqin
post Dec 26 2010, 01:20 PM
Post #28

Agent

Should have another piece coming soon, but in the meantime... I gave Felisa a makeover a while back, and I figured you might want to see her. I think she looks much better. Also, I found another armor for her.

Felisa Serhas in her cave

(The cave I'm using isn't north of Bruma, but I suck at modding, and I couldn't find a cave mod that was situated up there)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 26 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(saqin @ Dec 26 2010, 07:20 AM) *

Should have another piece coming soon, but in the meantime... I gave Felisa a makeover a while back, and I figured you might want to see her. I think she looks much better. Also, I found another armor for her.

Felisa Serhas in her cave

(The cave I'm using isn't north of Bruma, but I suck at modding, and I couldn't find a cave mod that was situated up there)

Felicia is beautiful! Nice cave mod! I modded the "Chamber of the Lost" outside Skingrad Castle and made it so I could fast travel out and into it - the out wasn't that big a deal, but getting into it was hard, so I was glad to be able to get in there easier, lol.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The second bed is for Janus Hassildor. I still haven't figured out how to get him to sleep in the same bed with my character, lol. GAAAAH! Did I say that? ROFL !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 26 2010, 02:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 26 2011, 03:41 AM
Post #30

Paladin
Group Icon

What a pleasure to catch up with you on this! tongue.gif

Chapter 1:

Though I rode as slow as possible, it still did not take long for me to reach the Imperial city, and find the entrance to the sewers through which I had departed but a week ago.
This perfectly, and with understated elegance, captures what Felisa must have been feeling.

I quite liked your creative use of telekinesis. Moving one of the Mythic Dawn Assassins, then later slowing the fall of the dead guard to keep things quiet was very effective.

I also like your portrayal of Shadowmere and Felisia's hideout cave.

What a beautiful and poignant love story of a young elf captured by her own choices you have written. You somehow managed to render the decisions she made in such a way as to make perfect, but tragic sense for her.

Chapter 2:

I quite adore that you are using the Main Quest as a back drop, and involving Felisa indirectly.

You have accomplished something very difficult: To render an assassin as an endearing character that makes us really care about her!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheOtherRick
post Jan 26 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #31

Finder
Group Icon

I just read the whole story to date. What a great story line! I can't wait to see how this evolves. Great job!

--------------------
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

The Talendor Chronicles is my first fan fiction attempt.
+Quote Post
saqin
post Jan 27 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #32

Agent

mALX: It makes sense that you'd want Janus Hassildor in bed with Maxical(sounds strange saying it XP), but then I've read about it, and their relationship would seem much stranger if they never managed to get into bed with each other.

Acadian: Thanks, it doesn't really make sense that you can't use telekinesis for what Felisa does in the game, I mean, the dead actually are wearing clothes, and clothes in any other circumstance can be moved. Also, horses are so much more than ways to get around, as you've managed to show perfectly in your story about Buffy, they can be your best friend if you treat them well.

TheOtherRick: Thanks ^^

I feel so mean... My last update was in November! My mind have been completely dry, but now I've finally got an idea yay! biggrin.gif It'll take a while to write though, but I'll give you the small piece that I've actually managed to write this far.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was early the next morning when I pulled him out of his bed and took him outside the city. North on the imperial isle we stood at 4 am. Both of us had laced leather pants, wool shirts and leather shoes. I'd already rid the island of the few bandits whom inhabited it.

“Today, we're going to exercise blocking and deflecting strikes, because when it comes down to it, you might be dead because you never learned how to block right.” I spoke until he closed his eyes, and then I felled him with the broadside of my blade. “You can't ever do that when fighting someone, okay? Because you'll be dead.” He nodded at my statement, and I smiled slightly. Gods, it must be humiliating for him to be brought down by me again, and I simply couldn't avoid feeling smug about it.

We continued until noon, me coming at him numerous times and correcting him when he did something wrong, there were several moments when I though he'd collapse during the training, but as it turned out, he was a bit tougher than that.

“Okay, you've deserved some food. You can let your guard down.” Okay, so he actually collapsed when I told him that, and I burst out laughing, but at least he held his ground until the danger was gone. That's a good sign of a lot of willpower, isn't it?

When he came to, his eyes were slightly hazy, and I had a feeling that he'd crash when the night came. I hadn't moved him from his position though, so he was very sore. I served him a plate with the venison and potatoes that I'd just cooked over a camp fire, and then I sat down to eat myself. It was quiet for a while before he spoke.

“Thank you.” And that was all there was. We didn't speak much during the rest of the day, only when I gave him instructions on how to put his feet to balance the energy loss better or how to angle his blade. As a matter of fact, I think a whole week had walked past when he spoke to me again.

“I need to take care of some things, it shouldn't take more than a few days, but it's quite urgent.” He said from his spot in front of me. We were eating dinner, having just finished the days training. I looked up at him, his eyes were stuck on my face, determination took up the majority of his. I nodded slowly, swallowing the last piece of meat.

“What is so important that you've got an excuse not to train? I'm not finished with you yet.” I got up from the ground, checking the edge of my blade, but my mind didn't leave his facial expression.

“Saving the world..?” He sounded determined, sarcastic and... Wait, was he actually asking? Gods, he really was asking for my permission!

“You're on a mission to save the world? Right...” How could he be chosen to save the world? When I met him, he barely knew anything about fighting. Why, if he was drawn into a pub brawl he'd be the one that ended up in the bottom and got all of his teeth's knocked out!

“Well, the emperor tasked me with finding his lost son and that son in turn wants my help with fighting back an invasion from Oblivion. Should I have disagreed?” What did I say, all brawns, no brains. So typical for fighters. Heck, he should make sure he knows more about it before he takes on a mission that could kill him! Not that I care about him, but it's stupid. And that's exactly what I told him. I couldn't stop him from going though, and he decided to leave the next morning after he'd gathered supplies. Me? I decided to travel a bit. Maybe do a bit of hunting, work some if I got the opportunity. Simply just following my desires for once.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheOtherRick
post Jan 27 2011, 09:54 PM
Post #33

Finder
Group Icon

I spoke until he closed his eyes, and then I felled him with the broadside of my blade.
Nice! Pay attention pussycat and learn something. tongue.gif

Me? I decided to travel a bit.
This cought me by surprise. I thought sure that Felisa was going to be the behind the scenes hero, doing most of the work and getting less of the glory for saving the world.

Simply just following my desires for once.
Nothing better than an empty slate and a box of chalk. cool.gif

I am way too much of a newbie to post any nits.
I'll leave that to the seasoned veterans. This is fun stuff...keep it going! goodjob.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 28 2011, 01:27 AM
Post #34

Paladin
Group Icon

Don't underestimate Gahsheera. After all, he did somehow manage to close an Oblvion Gate it seems? He also seems rather brave, albeit perhaps a little dense.

Fun lessons. Something tells me this cat will cross Felisa's path again. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
saqin
post Jan 28 2011, 09:28 PM
Post #35

Agent

TheOtherRick: biggrin.gif tongue.gif I'm not saying anything...

Acadian: Well, you actually can close that gate when fresh out of prison, and she does pretty much refer to him as your average saint, though I don't know how she could possibly do that considering the company he keeps tongue.gif ROFL You'll see laugh.gif

Anyway, I finished up this section really quickly. And since I couldn't think of any way to make it better(though there probably is some(which you are very free to point out)), here you've got it. biggrin.gif I'm going to stop talking now or I'll just give something away.

-------------------------------------------------------

Who has the worst luck in the world? Answer; me! Up bright and early to fight outlaws is what heroes are supposed to do! Since when did anyone consider me a hero!? Right, never, that's because I'm not! Gasheera is a H.E.R.O!!! My name is not Gasheera!

I had but awoken when I realised that something was terribly wrong in my camp. My eyes flickering open, my gaze landed on the breton and the khajiit that were rummaging through my things, and a smaller khajiit standing watch by a tree further away. She was not quite as vigilant as one could be led to believe however, for in her hands she held my spare raiment. My enchanted raiment. In green and black it wasn't exactly my favourite, but it was mine and no khajiit, especially not a bandit, should touch it. There was a belt around the waist of the raiment designed to hold the sheath of a sword and a potion, and another thicker belt going diagonally over one of the shoulders that was meant to attach a dagger, a quiver and bow and lock picks to. There was a green hood and mask as well that when put in place would make sure that no one could see more than fingers, and in the case of a beast, the tail.

I slipped quietly from the rough bedroll, back aching lightly from having placed it on the hard ground, and pulled out my elven dagger from it's hiding place within my clothes. My bow and quiver lay by the fire, obviously placed there by the outlaws as the string had been removed from the bow. I mostly kept it stringed over the night in case I'd get any unwanted company. This time though, that hadn't helped.

The male khajiit spun around at the sound of my feet rustling the few leaves that lay scattered on the ground, but I had already embedded my dagger in his stomach by the time he realised what was happening. The breton had drawn his sword when I turned towards him next, but the female khajiit stood as paralysed by the trees, obviously not knowing how to react. It struck me then that I couldn't see Shadowmere, and hoping that she was okay, I released a fireball at the breton, following up with a quick sprint to his side.

As he barely got out of my reach, the rustle of branches and leaves told me that the khajiit was leaving, but I didn't even shoot her a glance for the breton were regaining his balance. While trying to extinguish the fire that was creeping up his arm, the breton swung his sword at me in panic, and I had no problems deflecting the blow and sending him to oblivion.

I stood, breathing slowly for a minute when the battle had ensued. Looking over at the khajiit, I saw that his entrails had begun spilling out over the fire, and the stench that came upon me the next moment caused me to stagger. Getting out of the direction of the wind, I picked my bow up, strung it and hung it together with the quiver over my back.

I was careful not to touch the dead bodies when I extinguished the fire and rolled up my bedroll. Wolves and bears would come soon, and having already seen what a mess those animals could leave behind, I didn't want to be there when they did.

A neighing caught my attention, and I turned in the direction that the khajiit had run in, was she trying to steal my horse? I chuckled at the thought, knowing very well what Shadowmere was capable of, and set of at a jog through the trees.

When I caught sight of Shadowmere she was standing over the girl, just about to bring her hooves down on her. The khajiit rolled away from beneath Shadowmere, and I called for the horse. Her ears pointed straight up and she looked at me, giving the khajiit enough time to get out of her reach together with the raiment. My teeth ground together as I looked at her, she really wouldn't let it go.

She spun around quickly, placing the raiment in her pack and sprinting of in the opposite direction. I ran to Shadowmere, and swung myself onto her back. The khajiit wouldn't get far if I rode Shadowmere, and still something held me back. I merely watched as the girl took of, a frown on my face. When we couldn't hear her any longer, Shadowmere turned her head and snorted at me.

“What? Why should you possibly care? She stole from ME.” I said, looking at the mare, who shook her head and snorted. Was she actually laughing at me?

“Oh shut up. Now lets get going, I need a drink and the closest place to get that is Cheydinhall.” I hissed at her, and though she began to trot, she repeated the noise that seemed an awful lot like laughing. I did not pay much attention to Shadowmere after that, because I could not get the gnawing feeling out of my thoughts that somehow, I hadn't seen that khajiit for the last time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 29 2011, 01:14 AM
Post #36

Paladin
Group Icon

Despite the entrails spilled, this was actually a very fun update. Felisa questioning why she had helped a hero was well done, as was her interaction with Shadowmere. Helping the Khajiiti Hero of Kvatch. Now letting a little Khajiit bandit escape with her spare raiment. One would think Felisa is begining to develop a soft spot for cats. Lol. Nicely done, saqin! smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 29 2011, 04:42 AM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

and no khajiit, especially not a bandit, should touch it.

GAAAAAH !!!!

I thought the fight was extremely well written - but the end of the chapter!!! (You did it again!!!) Knocked me out !!! Powerful does not even begin to describe it - that was more than AWESOME !!! This chapter is absolutely one of my favorite of all !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 29 2011, 04:42 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheOtherRick
post Feb 2 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #38

Finder
Group Icon

B-B-Q kitty entrails...naaaaas-teeee! tongue.gif

That was a really neat way to encounter bandits...Felisa waking up to them in the middle of being robbed. She's fortunate that they didn't kill her first.

Keep up the good work! goodjob.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
saqin
post Feb 13 2011, 09:24 AM
Post #39

Agent

It was midday when Shadowmere brought us to Cheydinhall. The sun had hidden behind a cloud, and more, darker clouds was coming towards us. As her sleek body came to a stop outside the gate, I skipped of her back, still holding a hand on her neck. She snorted at me, less humiliating this time and I put my head against hers. Then I took the saddle of her back and slid the bridle of from her head, putting them in the little stable.

”I'll be back later, you just take care of yourself, okay?” I said, looking into her eyes, and she shook her head up and down. She was fully aware that later might just mean a few hours later, but it could also mean a day later.

Now, you might be wondering why I didn't go to the sanctuary next, but it's simple. I just couldn't stand being near Gogron or M'raaj-dar. I didn't feel like being made fun of and insulted several times on the same day. True, Vicente is a gentleman and I've always found him charming, but he just isn't enough.

The guards that had seen me with Shadowmere gave me odd looks as I entered through the gate and the horse set of in a trot to the south east. I had no reason to be worried about her, after all she'd been in these forests much more than me.

When I came in through the gate, the captain of the guard was standing a few feet away, talking to some of the other guards. I pointed my eyes at the ground and made sure that the hood covered my head properly. Then, I walked to the inn.

The Newlands lodge is a small and cosy tavern. Their beds don't cost much, and best of all, the proprietor is a dark elf. When I walked in, the place was quite crowded, though it seemed as if though most of the people were locals. I'd just bought some wine when I heard my name being called with the tell tale khajiit accent. Yes, Gasheera had by some very strange coincidense gone to the same city as me. And, apparantly he wouldn't leave me alone. That's why I went over to his table, and managed to soak it in wine.

Next to Gasheera, sat a very small and wide-eyed khajiit. A female khajiit in a black and green raiment. Oddly, the first thought that crossed my mind was; how did she get here before me? And then I got angry. By angry I do not mean however that I attacked her, a person of my profession can't afford that since even though she's a bandit, the guards would in the case of a fight need to interrogate me which would almost certainly get me a one way ticket to jail.

“Seen a ghost eh, elf?” Gasheera laughed out loud at his own exclamation, and if it hadn't been obvious that he was drunk earlier, then it was now. “Have a seat. Scoot over pretty.” The female gave him a quick look, then plastered her eyes on me again and didn't move an inch.

“That's not necessary.” I said, sitting down on the chair on my side of the table. Gasheera looked at the female then, and back at me.

“You two know each other?” He said, slurring slightly.

“We've met. Never properly introduced however.” I said, a strained smile when I looked at the khajiit whose name I did not yet know. Gasheera snorted, and the female went stiff when the realisation hit her that he was about to tell me her name. She'd seen my dark brotherhood raiment, she knew that I was an assassin. But she knew just as well as I did that if one of us were caught, so would the other.

”Well, this is Sa'Quira, though she calls herself Saqin. Saqin, this is Felisa, she have been training me in sword fighting for the last week.” He took another mouthful of his beer as soon as he finished.

“Well met Sa'Quira.” I said, realizing that the glee I felt were showing on my face, Gasheera was however, to drunk to see it.

“Felisa.” The pronunciation of that word said a lot about her, and she realised it as soon as it escaped her mouth. She feared me and she was a very young woman whom probably hadn't come of age yet. I realised then that whatever she was, she wasn't a threat. If I wanted to I could use her, and she knew that I could kill her in a matter of minutes.

Gasheera of course didn't notice our quiet exchange and I turned to him. “So, what brings you to Cheydinhall?”

“House cleaning.” When his answer came, my drink suddenly left my mouth.

“Wh-what?” Was all I could get out, and he snorted.

“Some people needs some trash cleaned up in a house northwest of here, I'll tell you more about it tomorrow when I'm sober.” He said putting an arm around the girls shoulders. I just sat there. Housecleaning, why would he do that?

Oh right, bandits can be reffered to as thrash, forget that I said anything. Anyway, I spent the remainder of the evening with them and it turned out that Gasheera could be quite funny, for a khajiit that is. And at the same time, it became very evident that he had no idea of the girls real proffesion.

-------------------------
I've been planning for some time to write a story about Sa'Quira, but I've decided to just incorporate her into Felisas' story. It'd be way to much work to begin a new one, and besides I think I could work out a way to tell her story up to the point when she comes to Cyrodiil.

Almost thought someone would recognise my description of the raiment, but that doesn't matter. That was just a small hint. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 14 2011, 01:33 AM
Post #40

Paladin
Group Icon

Some more depth on Felisa's history with the Dark Brotherhood.

I quite enjoyed the interaction between Felisa and Shadowmere.

Likewise, I chuckled over the rather significant level of communication between the two young women while Gasheera remained quite oblivious to it.

Another fun read! smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:02 AM