Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rate Your Level of Excitement., Poll Inside...
How excited are you about this game?
How Excited are you about ES Online?
OMG HAVE TO PLAY AWESOMEBBQSAUCE@!!! [ 3 ] ** [15.00%]
Very excited. [ 2 ] ** [10.00%]
Somewhat excited. [ 5 ] ** [25.00%]
Not excited at all but I will still try it. [ 3 ] ** [15.00%]
I don't even care and probably won't try it. [ 7 ] ** [35.00%]
Total Votes: 20
Guests cannot vote 
mirocu
post Jul 1 2013, 08:57 AM
Post #21

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jun 30 2013, 10:00 PM) *

Why are you all so pesimisstic!?!?!?

TES gamers are used to play alone because thatīs what our favorite games are; single players.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Jul 1 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #22

Finder
Group Icon

I voted "Not excited, but will try it out". WoW kind of burned me out on the "pay for play" MMO genre. Just a big money vacuum. But as others have said, I do want to try it because it is ES.

--------------------
A Question of Fate is my Skyrim Fic
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 1 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #23

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jun 30 2013, 01:00 PM) *

We aren't "all" pessimistic. The vote is split almost evenly.

I'm actually more excited about this game than I was a few days ago. I watched this video and was pretty impressed. I haven't paid much attention to the game up until now so I knew very little about it.

Before this, I was planning to buy it because I love the Elder Scrolls and I can't imagine not buying a new game in my beloved Elder Scrolls series. But now I am planning to buy it less out of a sense of loyalty and a bit more because I am genuinely excited.
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 1 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jun 30 2013, 09:40 PM) *

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jun 30 2013, 03:00 PM) *

They loved Morrowind, followed every scrap of news about Oblivion while it was under development, had enthusiastic discussions on the official forums about how freaking awesome it will be, bought it, and were totally let down.

Oh god,that was like me with Skyrim.

They could still be optimistic without being over-hyped.
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 1 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #25

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 1 2013, 08:57 AM) *

TES gamers are used to play alone because thatīs what our favorite games are; single players.

That's a bit of a generalisation.

You can still play alone,you don't NEED to group up.

They've got a main questline you can do,and you can just quest,it's basicly normal TES with other people you don't need to communicate with at all.

You don't need to do raids or dungeons or PvP,you can level up through crafting and questing.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 1 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #26

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 1 2013, 03:37 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 1 2013, 08:57 AM) *

That's a bit of a generalisation.

You can still play alone,you don't NEED to group up.

I just explained how people may think. Even though what you said is obvious, people may think "Oh, itīs a MMO, not for me" even though one can play like you said smile.gif

Iīm saying Iīm not interested, but Iīll prolly buy the box eventually anyway. Just like I did with Skyrim tongue.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jul 1 2013, 05:00 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 2 2013, 03:24 AM
Post #27

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jun 30 2013, 09:27 PM) *

The title is a bit biased.

"That Online Thing."

As if the ES online is an accursed game. laugh.gif

That is the title of the section, not the thread. I tried to keep the thread options unbiased as much as possible too.

My personal opinion is that online games are fun for lots of people. I just don't really enjoy them much personally.

I just wanted to kind of get an idea about where everyone else is about this game and get a few opinions.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 2 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #28

Finder
Group Icon

Personally, I read "That Online Thing" as a form of affectionate teasing. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jul 3 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

huh.gif

Didn't know they were coming out with an online thing, til I saw this thread.

The trailer looks badarsedness, but....um....*take a shot HIMYM fans*...not my cup of tea. For the ones, that it is, enjoy. smile.gif

Though, I could totally see many of the frequenters of GD (GENERAL DISCUSSION!!) being on livechat yelling about not aggravating the mobs. Thing is, I'm pretty good with voice...'acting' I wanna say, but really imitation. I could totally pull off the Telemundo Announcer....I do at work too over the radio.

They love it. Maybe I should put something up....how does this record thingy work?

*Computer begins producing black smoke*

This post has been edited by Black Hand: Jul 3 2013, 12:21 AM
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 3 2013, 09:44 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

Well looks like we won't have a guild.

Also guys don't worry,it won't be a sub fee game because sub MMOs are dying besides WoW.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jul 3 2013, 10:17 PM
Post #31

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, I'm quite excited for it...

As I said, I promised the kids we'd get a PS4 when there's an Elder Scrolls, an Assassin's Creed and a Fallout...

So, the first two are on their way and Fallout is slated for October 2014...

Ummmm....

Oh yes, definitely going to get it...Am pretty excited, but after the huge downer I had about Skyrim (I was hoping for Oblivion but bigger and newer, and what I got was...Less and newer and prettier...Of course you're going to forget Ease Burden spells in 200 years...Of course...SnassnFrassn...)...So I'm not going over the top with it this time...

Personally, I'm way more excited about the latest Madden NFL than ES Online... laugh.gif ...

Oh, and the Assassins...(They're making 3 more as we speak!!! *Does dance of joy!!*)...

Ooooh!!...Something else I read today in t'Playstation mag...The game (ESO) has - according to someone named from Bethesda, I forget who though - "150 hours of quests, right out of the box." Though given there's three factions and the MQ, I'm not sure how much that leaves to go around...Everything else is unlocked DLC stylee...ie, with money...Which some idiot is bound to fork out from the off...*Rollseyes*...Yes, I mean me... biggrin.gif ...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Jul 3 2013, 10:18 PM
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 4 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jul 3 2013, 10:17 PM) *

As I said, I promised the kids we'd get a PS4 when there's an Elder Scrolls, an Assassin's Creed and a Fallout...

Ummmm....

Oh yes, definitely going to get it...Am pretty excited, but after the huge downer I had about Skyrim (I was hoping for Oblivion but bigger and newer, and what I got was...Less and newer and prettier...Of course you're going to forget Ease Burden spells in 200 years...Of course...SnassnFrassn...)...So I'm not going over the top with it this time...

Personally, I'm way more excited about the latest Madden NFL than ES Online... laugh.gif ...

Oh, and the Assassins...(They're making 3 more as we speak!!! *Does dance of joy!!*)...

Ooooh!!...Something else I read today in t'Playstation mag...The game (ESO) has - according to someone named from Bethesda, I forget who though - "150 hours of quests, right out of the box." Though given there's three factions and the MQ, I'm not sure how much that leaves to go around...Everything else is unlocked DLC stylee...ie, with money...Which some idiot is bound to fork out from the off...*Rollseyes*...Yes, I mean me... biggrin.gif ...

No,no,NO!

NO!

NOT MICRO-TRANSACTIONS!

WTF BETH!!!!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?////////////////////////////////

Probaly not true though.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 4 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #33

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 4 2013, 03:40 PM) *

Ummmm....

No,no,NO!

NO!

NOT MICRO-TRANSACTIONS!

Probaly not true though.

Probably is true. Bethsoft has gotten pretty money hungry lately. The last few DLC's were tiny and were priced at about 2x what they were with Oblivion.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 4 2013, 10:50 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jul 4 2013, 08:32 PM) *

Ummmm....

No,no,NO!

NO!

NOT MICRO-TRANSACTIONS!

Probaly not true though.

Probably is true. Bethsoft has gotten pretty money hungry lately. The last few DLC's were tiny and were priced at about 2x what they were with Oblivion.

That's quite diffrent from a micro-transtaction in an MMO.
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 5 2013, 12:37 AM
Post #35

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 4 2013, 09:50 PM) *

Ummmm....

No,no,NO!

NO!

NOT MICRO-TRANSACTIONS!

Probaly not true though.

I was just noting that they're not afraid to charge ever increasing prices for a relatively small amount of content, which is why it wouldn't surprise me if they did follow that business plan.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 5 2013, 01:26 PM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jul 5 2013, 12:37 AM) *

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 4 2013, 09:50 PM) *

Ummmm....

No,no,NO!

NO!

NOT MICRO-TRANSACTIONS!

Probaly not true though.

I was just noting that they're not afraid to charge ever increasing prices for a relatively small amount of content, which is why it wouldn't surprise me if they did follow that business plan.

That wouldn't work in an MMO at all and is not relevent.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jul 5 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Wait, did you just say micro transactions wouldn't work in an MMO and is not relevant?

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 5 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jul 5 2013, 02:56 PM) *

Wait, did you just say micro transactions wouldn't work in an MMO and is not relevant?

No,he's talking about small DLC with is diffrent from micro-transactions and small DLC wouldn't work in an MMO(He's talk about Oblivion esque DLC).
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 5 2013, 09:27 PM
Post #39

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 5 2013, 04:01 PM) *

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jul 5 2013, 02:56 PM) *

No,he's talking about small DLC with is diffrent from micro-transactions and small DLC wouldn't work in an MMO(He's talk about Oblivion esque DLC).

I am aware that DLC and micro transactions are not the same thing. huh.gif

I was commenting on their business model and noting that going by their current strategy, I could easily see them having micro transactions in their MMO in order to maximize profit.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 11 2013, 12:31 AM
Post #40

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jul 3 2013, 02:17 PM) *

Fallout is slated for October 2014.

Where did you read this? Can you provide a source?
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:40 PM