Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Full Name: Acilius
Nickname/Alias: Poryphel the Gallant
Race: Altmer and Redguard Halfblood
Birthsign: The Ritual

Birthplace: The Imperial City
Professions: Former Ancestor Monk-in-Training. Currently a low-ranked Blades operative.

Appearance: Acilius is unique in that he has traits attained from his parents, yet looks nothing like them. He has the height of the High Elves, the skin of the Redguards. He has the sharp bone structure of the elves, even a blunted mockery of their pointy ears, but he has the eyes of a true Hammerfellian and a jovial countenance known only from them. He has violet eyes and he has white hair, which he keeps long and braided in the style of the ancient Ra'Gada warriors. His build accommodates his height; he is muscular, broad in chest, shoulders and arms, but lean in hips and legs.

People call him exotic for these.

Personality: He is brash, he is arrogant; the passionate fire of youth burns bright in him. He is idealistic, believing in the supremacy of valor and honor, and while he might be a pompous little braggart, he will not hesitate to do what is right.

Weapons; A Blades' Katana. A Legion punching dagger.
Armors and Clothing: He wears a leather brigandine over his blue tunic, and a pair of long iron vambraces protects his forearms. He has a utility belt, storing his potions and other tools, ranging from lockpicks to throwing knives. He has tight beige pants. to maximize freedom of movement, studded with leather armor around his vital parts. He has knee length boots, legion made.

History: He was the product of a tryst between High Chancellor Ocato and a representative of Hammerfell. Since neither wanted the scandal that would be involved in raising him, it was mutually decided he would be raised here in Cyrodiil. Hammerfell, a society built upon the ancient rituals of honor, had no use for bastards, while Cyrodiil, ever the land of opportunity, could provide him with several chances. Ocato, seeing the need for more agents in the Empire in lieu of the Events popping here and there, sent him to the Ancestral Monks for training.

Acilius grew to hate the dull and repetitive lifestyle of the monks. He was sick of the endless drills, the unending intonations, and meditations that seemed to last for eternity. When he was 17, he decided it was time for him to experience the world fully, and ran away in the middle of the night. He only had his katana, his clothes and some meager rations to last him a few days.

Three miles in, and he was caught by the Blades.

Normally, deserters were punished with harsh disciplinary action, but the leader of the group that caught him was taken in by the defiance Acilius showed. In his teenage years, still growing, the young halfblood showed a natural talent for combat when he matched three fully trained Blades to a stand still, though not without wounds. Impressed, they took him to Cloud Ruler Temple, where they began to mold him into a Blade. He was a natural for it and he grew to love his surroundings.

Then the Crisis happened.

Although still a trainee, Acilius volunteered himself for the front lines against Dagon's hordes, aiding the besieged Cyrodiil in whatever way he could. His claim to fame would be the closing of a Gate near the Temple of the Ancestral Monks. When it was all over, and Dagon banished by the Avatar, Acilius once again volunteered himself for the extermination of the Empire's enemies.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 11 2014, 10:17 PM
Post #22

Paladin
Group Icon

Name: Buffy
Sex: Female
Race: Bosmer, like her mother. Her father was Breton, however. The only racial special ability she inherited from the union was her father’s resistance to magic.
Day of Birth: Rains Hand the nineteenth - at the exact moment of sunrise.
Birthsign: Mage.
Birthplace: Conceived in the treetops of Valenwood, but born/raised in Bravil.

Religion: She respects the Nine, especially Mara and Kynareth. When asked how she reconciles the violence of her profession with Mara’s love and Kynareth’s affinity for forest creatures, Buffy replies, “If you were familiar with how a mother grizzly demonstrates love for her cubs when they are in danger, you would understand.”

Occupation: Adventuress. Buffy is voracious when it comes to exploring forests, tundras, deserts, jungles and dungeons. As a result, she has become quite skilled as both scout and cartographer. She is also not shy about putting evil to the bow – no matter where she finds it. She does have a passion for fine clothes, good wine and the very best of care for her precious mare; the spoils of her explorations fund all this rather handsomely. She will occasionally heed the call ‘Have bow will travel’ and accept a variety of quests to help others – if she approves of both who is asking and the potential task itself.

Associations: Although a dues-paying member of the arcane guilds throughout Tamriel, and dubbed a knight errant by the Count of Leyawiin, she is a free knight, displaying true loyalty only to friends. She declines fealty to the concepts/organizations of men/mer/divines.

Proficient Skills: Archery, Conjuration, Illusion, Alteration, Stealth, Speechcraft.

Minor Skills: Destruction (a basic level of fire magic – flames, firebolt, fire rune), Light Armor, Block (only using a bow).

Gear: She carries a rather large wardrobe (assisted by the magically augmented saddlebags of her horse) and a small selection of found/bought poisons/potions. Generally most of what she needs, she conjures - notably, this includes her mystic bow.

Family:

Orphaned by the age of twelve.

Buffy carries the spirit of an ancient paladin named Acadian within her. The two have traveled and adventured together across time and worlds. They have taken various forms and lived numerous lives, since before the creation of Nirn. Buffy does not possess any memories of their past lives together – but Acadian does.

Buffy’s home base and resupply center is her magnificent mare, Superian. The horse is a constant consideration in everything Buffy does, and the elf has learned numerous magicks and skills to ensure Superian’s survival.

As a forest predator, it is natural for Buffy to call upon the spirits of other forest creatures (one at a time) to help her when needed.

Screenshot of Buffy, Superian and a feline forest spirit in action vs a cave bear.

Home: Comfortable in Cyrodiil, Valenwood, Elsweyr and Skyrim, home is wherever she makes camp or rents a tavern room. She is welcome in the various magic guild houses of Tamriel and even in the courts of several nobles. As mentioned above, everything she really needs is carried by her horse.

Appearance: The blond, blue-eyed elf is quite small, weighing under one hundred pounds and standing less than five feet tall. Her wardrobe, however, is large and as diverse as the circles she travels in. Regardless of her outfit, the astute observer cannot miss the heavy callousing on two fingers of her right hand that clearly mark her as one who lives by the bow. Similarly, even though her speechcraft, University education, title as knight-errant and demeanor can comfortably pass muster among nobles, the sun-kissed color of her skin betrays her nature as an outdoor creature of the forest. Her attire generally reflects an eclectic blending of buckskin and fortified silk –selected to support comfort and stealth rather than combat protection.

Personality: Gregarious, nurturing, vengeful, protective of friends. She lacks the size, steel or stones to go toe-to-toe with foes, so tends to make hard choices regarding target identification and uses preemptive strikes from the shadows when fighting rather than ‘declaring herself’ to potential foes. Her small size and vulnerability drive much of who she is and why she relies on magic to augment her bow.

History: A wandering free spirit who is skilled with magic, loves her horse, takes to the shadows and conjures a deadly sniper bow. wink.gif

Edit: Adjusted Acadian's role to more in the background, but Buffy's basic abilities remain the same.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Nov 12 2014, 03:29 PM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Nov 12 2014, 11:54 AM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

*Looks at current roster of characters*

Needs m0ar spell.

Name: Telnus Harathi
Sex: Male
Race: Dunmer
Sign: The Tower

Appearance: It's widely agreed that Telnus would be handsome were it not for the lattice of scarring that disfigures the right side of his face, sparing only his eye and mouth; he is missing a large chunk of his nose, and a meticulous crosshatch of scar tissue covers the right side of his face and forehead, carving out a good chunk of his hairline there. His unscarred skin is a light shade of blue-grey, and on the left hand side is marked by curling, pointed tattoos in the Telvanni tradition. His hair, a charcoal black, is pulled up in a topknot.

Religion: Agnostic. He has largely given up on the gods and the daedra.

Occupation: Traveling mercenary mage and associate of the Mages' Guild. Hardly considered to be a model member.

Proficient Skills: Destruction, Alteration, Alchemy, Conjuration

Spells: High magicka usage: Chain lightning, Blade Barrier (summons a whirling wall of magical blades), Firebolt swarm (a spray of individual flame bolts that home in on one or multiple targets).
Medium magicka usage: Fireball, Summon Storm Atronach, Stoneskin, Cone of Cold, Augment Weapon (any weapon he touches temporarily becomes magically enhanced), Atrophying Ray (a beam of energy that saps enemies' stamina, strength and dexterity).
Low magicka usage: Ensnare (vines spring up from the ground, grabbing any enemy they can reach), Firebolt, Lightning bolt, Cause Fear, Summon Familiar, Magelight, Shroud of Darkness (summons a shadow that covers one person).

Gear: A hard wearing travel robe, enchanted to improve his reserve of magicka. A ring enchanted to boost the damage of his destruction spells, assorted alchemical equipment, travel gear and a heavy, weatherproof cloak.

Personality: Somewhat arrogant and condescending, as is typical of most dunmer of House Telvanni, but leans towards introspection when he isn't with others. As well as this, Telnus is very, very angry.

Biography: A scion of House Telvanni, Telnus was present at Anvil during the Oblivion Crisis. When the Mythic Dawn opened the Oblivion gate outside of the city, he aided in the task of containing the daedra, but during the fight was captured by the enemy. Pulled into Oblivion, Telnus was tortured and mutilated by the Dremora until the Champion of Cyrodiil intervened, dragging a delirious and traumatised Telnus out of the Deadlands.

Telnus left not long after that, coming to Kvatch in an attempt to put what happened at Anvil behind him. He blames the Mythic Dawn for what was done to him,and celebrated the death of Mankar Camoran when it became known. Now that the opportunity to kill more of his sworn nemeses has arisen, Telnus intends to scourge them with fire, lightning, ice and every one of his considerable arcane talents.
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 13 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

3 down, 1 remaining!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 13 2014, 04:45 PM
Post #25

Paladin
Group Icon

Is it not four down?

- Cardius (DE’s inquisitor).

- Acilius (Ulenei’s Blade).

- Buffy (My mystic archer).

- Telnus (Mustard’s mage).

Seems like the basics of an effective party are being covered reasonably well. smile.gif

DE, are you going to add the kat you started back in?

And I guess we are waiting for a character from CT?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 13 2014, 04:53 PM
Post #26

Master
Group Icon

I had to subtract Acilius from the roll call..

'Cause he might die... You may never know *evil chuckle*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Nov 13 2014, 05:24 PM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

Ah, that would be me embarrased.gif

*Looks through character sheets*

Hmm... Looks like we could do with someone tanky. Bring on the Battlemage!

Name: Gideon Draconis
Sex: Male
Race: Breton
Birthsign: The Mage

Appearance: Handsome, aristocratic features, blue eyes, shoulder length black hair pulled back into a ponytail. In short, he looks every inch the ideal of the warrior-poet.

Religion: Nine Divines of course, primarily Julianos.

Occupation: Complicated. Currently a mercenary. Of sorts. Journeyman of the Mage's Guild.

Proficient Skills: Heavy Armour, Blunt weapons, Destruction, Restoration, Alteration, Mysticism.

Gear: Dwarven Warhammer and armour(full set except for helmet), Mage's Hood. Also carries a set of Mage's Robes for when armour isn't appropriate.

Personality: Erudite and courteous, with a strong sense of honour. Prone to bouts of brooding and philosophy. Generally prefers to keep to himself.

History: Has spent more than 20 years serving in the Legion as a Battlemage. During the Oblivion Crisis, he was part of a special unit assigned to deal with the Oblivion Gates. Their job was to hold back the Daedra while the citizens evacuated the area. Losses were high. When a Gate opened near the village of Pell's Gate, he disobeyed orders and charged into the Gate, closing it.

He was dishonourably discharged from the Legion, and forced to spend the bulk of the coin he'd saved to but himself his new gear. After hearing about events in Leyawiin, he decided against joining the Fighters' Guild, and joined the Mage's Guild. In light of their depleted numbers, and a letter of recommendation quietly delivered by an old comrade of his in the higher echelons of the Legion, he was made a Journeyman almost immediately.

He was sent to Kvatch, to help reestablish the Guild there, though his role in that is a small one.

Sorry it's a bit rushed, NaNoWriMo's calling me biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Callidus Thorn: Nov 13 2014, 05:26 PM

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 14 2014, 08:36 AM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrighttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

So now that we're complete.... shall we begin?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 14 2014, 11:05 AM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

Yes!!

And Acadian, cat man is here.

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 14 2014, 02:34 PM
Post #30

Paladin
Group Icon

I'm ready. I think. smile.gif

Oh, and I do see that DE edited Rahkad's character sheet back into action!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Nov 17 2014, 03:51 PM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

I think I'm actually going to have to bow out of this. I've got hardly any free time right now, and what I do have is taken up with other pursuits at the moment. I just don't have the energy to do this now.
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 17 2014, 04:09 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Unfortunate! But understandable. It is my hope that this RP would last quite a while, and if it does, you're always welcome to join us again. In fact, you can come back anytime!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 17 2014, 04:42 PM
Post #33

Paladin
Group Icon

Sorry to hear that, Mustard, but as Uleni said it's understandable. Thanks for letting us know so early in the RP though. Mebbe you can join us later if things settle down. smile.gif

I think we have the various schools of magic covered between the other characters. Especially between the battlemage and mystic archer. The party actually still looks reasonably balanced.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 20 2014, 05:28 PM
Post #34

Paladin
Group Icon

Okay, Buffy's just mentioned that the unnamed Bosmer mage floating around via levitaion spell is the Kvatch MG deputy guildmagister. We also said that Sigrid Firewalker (same Sigrid as in the game at the encampment) is the guildmagister. Seems like very minor details so I took some liberties there. Any problems with that, let me know and I'll be happy to edit. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 21 2014, 01:53 PM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

Nah, its okay. Actually, it helps a bit. :thumbsup:

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 22 2014, 01:22 PM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

I edited my first post. I thought it over. It wouldn't make sense for Cardius to infiltrate a Mythic Dawn headquarters when, well, he's the main poster boy for the Empire responsible for hunting them all down.

So, he'll be with you guys.

Acadian, maybe you and Buffy might run into him?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 22 2014, 05:14 PM
Post #37

Paladin
Group Icon

DE, is Cardius' dark robe hood still up obscuring his features or did he push it back after entering the guild?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 22 2014, 05:25 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

Most likely his robe hood is pulled back down.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Nov 22 2014, 05:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rohirrim
post Nov 25 2014, 12:11 AM
Post #39

Mouth
Group Icon

Room for one more, guys?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 25 2014, 01:37 AM
Post #40

Paladin
Group Icon

Since we're light on players and just getting started, I'd say sure. But, as I'm a newb at this, let me defer to the other more experienced RPers here. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:10 AM